• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fredrik82 said:
:rofl:
You got me there, didn't ya? :D

England need Gibraltar as a naval base, and we'll have one in that area either we get it through war or deals don't matter, though i can't understand why anyone wanna reject easy money like that?
I'm talking about thousands of ducats here! :)

Well im sure anyone who wasnt already threatened by *uber* england will be now :p

i may buy used cable modem today, while my one is at repair service, so if you see me online after 1700pm cet, i can sub if needed

Fredrik82 said:
Everyone is more or less hyperteching in this game! Not to mention powermongering...

someone should update the stats so we can disprove this insane claim :cool:

Hive said:
Thanks, but we don't play today...

you know, Hive, that i`m second after Slargos to blame you :)

Shame on GM :p

Fredrik82 said:
:rofl:
You got me there, didn't ya? :D

England need Gibraltar as a naval base, and we'll have one in that area either we get it through war or deals don't matter, though i can't understand why anyone wanna reject easy money like that?
I'm talking about thousands of ducats here! :)
Let me why explain.

England taking Gibraltar can be for no other reason than to project power in the Mediterranean. No doubt this power would not be initially aimed at the Ottoman Empire, but the possibility would be always there. Should this happen, the Ottoman Empire will have no choice but to peacefully powertech in order to maintain some semblance of technology parity. The Sultan would therefore immediately offer longterm non-aggression pacts to all her neighbours, and all nations bordering the Mediterranean Sea, with the single condition that they didn't ally with England.

I don't want that to happen, and hopefully neither do you.

Fredrik82 said:
Everyone is more or less hyperteching in this game! Not to mention powermongering...
Countries not hyperteching in the game:

Me

My neighbours

Aragon, though this is more a comment on ForzaA actually declaring wars than his tech policy

Possibly Sweden, since although they have good tech, it comes in part from good sliders and good trading, I think.

When both the Ottoman Empire and a narrow-minded Russia are ahead of western Europe in land tech, then a lot of people are hyperteching.

Sorry guys, but I'm out.

Russia is almost a land CRT ahead of some western nations, and 2 ahead of others.

Meanwhile, Burgundy has trade 8 at 1620 and god knows what tech England is on.

This is as far from the kind of game I want to play, it's ridiculous.

Good luck with the rest of it. :wacko:

Slargos said:
Sorry guys, but I'm out.

Russia is almost a land CRT ahead of some western nations, and 2 ahead of others.

Meanwhile, Burgundy has trade 8 at 1620 and god knows what tech England is on.

This is as far from the kind of game I want to play, it's ridiculous.

Good luck with the rest of it. :wacko:
Slragos, please, please, reconsider. None of your neighbours are hyperteching, and none of those that are have enough manpower to damage you. Most of those who are still below land 14 are there because they have fought big wars. It may become a problem, but it isn't going to become a problem for Russia for quite some time.

I've been enjoying playing with you in Russia, and I think you're doing a good job of it. Maybe you could think about it again before next week?

devil said:
Can we get any tech comparisons, I didn't feel ahead in anyway. Iirc my LT was far behind OE and Austria.
It's not far behind any more, yours is 17, OE and Austria have 18. However, since I'd define hyperteching as "preferentially researching economic techs first in order to gain the highest tech levels in the long term", then having land tech lower than Orthodox-tech OE and narrow-minded Austria, both of whom have fought at least three big wars, is still quite damning.