+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Face_mod beta

Face_mod beta

Hi guys,
    Made a 1st pass a total conversion of the faces used in portaits. Started on the female part. This part was mainly done just to make sure everything fits etc. Still pretty rough but here's how it turned out so far:

As you can see I changed the faces to be looking out rather than to the side, just a personal prefrence really but I think it came out pretty nice.
    The final mod should be complete in 3-6 days depending on how much time I have to polish it.

Let me know whats yas think.
    Cheers,
    Myros
    A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

Man created God in his image : intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent. - Marie de France

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Damn, I was going to do the same but my copy of CK won't arrive for a while yet..

I congradulate you and bow to my future rival

I was going to raid all the portrait painters of history for face bits myself. The vanilla CK portrait bits often don't work with each other and often just look horrid from what I can see..

Looks damn nice though!
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Mad King James
    I was going to raid all the portrait painters of history for face bits myself. The vanilla CK portrait bits often don't work with each other and often just look horrid from what I can see..
    Bah, it's fun to have butt-ugly rulers.

Advocatus Sancti Sepulcri Sonny's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr
    Bah, it's fun to have butt-ugly rulers.

I don't mind having some ugly characters but there are very few who have a decent looking nose - most of the noses look too big for the faces.
    Live your life so the preacher won't have to lie at your funeral.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny
    I don't mind having some ugly characters but there are very few who have a decent looking nose - most of the noses look too big for the faces.
    That's why you marry small-nosed girls.

Crusader Kings II

To be honest I think its quite hard to make people look attractive in profile - its just not how we're used to seeing attractive people!

Still, the full face lady at the top his this tread just looks scarey to me ...

...or the ruins of himself Mikon Orod's Avatar
    Deus VultVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by NeilJT
    Still, the full face lady at the top his this tread just looks scarey to me ...
    ehehe, the same to me...

Advocatus Sancti Sepulcri Sonny's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr
    That's why you marry small-nosed girls.

The AI is too smart - it grabs up all the small nosed people before I can get to marry them.

If you use this tool and just pick any face and hair etc. and then go through all of the noses you will see what I mean. Surely there could not have been that many bad looking people in the middle ages - else how would we have turned out so good looking??

Look at the pictures of the effigies on tombs and you will seldom see a nose as ugly as most of the ones in the game. Admittedly the sculptor had incentive to make their work more handsome than their RL subjects.

The woman shown at the start of this thread is perhaps too nice looking - maybe just a bit too perky for her "official" portrait. A more solemn demeanor would be better IMHO.

Keep up the good work. The more different the characters in our game look the better I like it.

Now if we could just get them to age as each decade goes by...
    Live your life so the preacher won't have to lie at your funeral.

You're doing that too?

Great! I say the more the merrier One comment though, I would humbly suggest you not make them smile (most medieval portraits don't have their subjects smiling as it was a 'serious' period). The noses of the current portraits look like Zucchinis and any change would be great!

Best regards,
    Richmond
    "A horse... my kingdom for a horse!"

Also...

... most medieval portraits were 3 quarters view not full face forward. And it does show the nose up better

Best regards,
    Richmond
    "A horse... my kingdom for a horse!"

Here is the beta of the females cleaned up and ready for download. Ohh lots of ugly combinations are possible .... went through about 20 counties just checking what they look like and some really made me cringe lol.

Personaly I like smiles, though not all have smiles ..just personal prefrence and Im making this for me mainly

Anyway if you want to try it out feel free, dont forget to backup your "potrait" folder before installing these bmp then if you hate it you can just copy the originals back.

http://www.neuralstudios.com/work/face_mod_ladies.zip

I'll get started on the males sometime this weekend.
    Cheers,
    Myros
    A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

Man created God in his image : intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent. - Marie de France

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond516
    ... most medieval portraits were 3 quarters view not full face forward. And it does show the nose up better
    I agree, I would urge him to stick with profile views. Full face views get pretty monotonous after a while, because there is far less variability. In profile views different shapes of forehead, nose and chin show up, while only cheekbone shape affects full-face portraits. They just don't have as much variety.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Sword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Let's use the graphic mod forum for graphic mod...

Cat
    Pour l'histoire: Un concours original, La partie de ScrAARble

"Le monde est un jeu de Go, dont les règles ont été inutilement compliquées"

(proverbe chinois)

Si l'on retranchait du patriotisme de la plupart des hommes la haine et le mépris des autres nations, il resterait peu de choses.
    [Duc de Lévis, "Maximes et réflexions"]

Soyez attentif à mes posts de modérateur, ils sont de cette couleur / Be aware when I write a moderation post in this color.

Recruit

This modding kicks butt

Totally cool.
    Can't wait for the men.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by mikbro
    Can't wait for the men.
    Behave yourself now...
    Looking for historical coat of arms?
    Be sure to check out http://www.wappenwiki.org

Sweden is the world's strongest country. For some 250 years it has worked on it's doom, without success!
    - Frederick the Great

Recruit

When will the male faces be ready?

Just wondering, can't wait actually.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2

When it was confirmed that the character portraits are moddable I wondered how long it will take until someone make an "18+ only" character graphics mod.
    Looking at the lady at the top of this thread assures me that work is already halfway done .

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by horragoth
    When it was confirmed that the character portraits are moddable I wondered how long it will take until someone make an "18+ only" character graphics mod.
    Looking at the lady at the top of this thread assures me that work is already halfway done .
    The original Pdox files can easily be made 18+ already. Just replace the testface_fem_misc.bmp with the dark_fem_ears.bmp or another blank file. The female heads have details that are absent in the male versions

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Has this project stopped? Are there any other projects to enhance portraits? And how about adding some headdress for both molem and christian women?
    Not all moslem women were wearing the full veil in that time.

Also, i'd like to see more moslem men with traditional turban and more military chain coif like head gear for both moslem and christian men. But the coif would be odd for religious people. Hmm.. Maybe only turban for some moslem men hair.

Here are some moslem women who have their faces and necks open.

The full veil was adopted by moslem women in the later periods. But they still had a light head scarf to cover the hair similar to orthodox women.

Last edited by Tunch Khan; 10-07-2004 at 10:01.
    si vis pacem para bellum Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.-Otto von Bismarck
    Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus -------- Istanbul Panorama 360°
    OttoMania - your link to the Ottoman Culture and Lifestyle in EU III
    ................. Neo-Ottomans thread
    Who is this Tunch Khan? I thought Djem de Sayd was the only Ottoman Pretender the Christians had their hands on? ~ aylo1
    To be honest, this thread might as well be closed now. We've seen Tunch Khan - I can't see that there's anywhere else to go from here. ~ Austen
    Turkey in HOI2 - OTTOMANIA ~ Mod and Modular Pack for Victoria 2 - VIEW THREAD
    ........ **Thread Monster** ... History, with all her volumes vast, hath but one page.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This one depicts Gulshah killing the enemy of her lover. This one is quite intersting in giving us an idea of armed moslem women riding horse. (Although not very common i believe)

si vis pacem para bellum Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.-Otto von Bismarck
    Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus -------- Istanbul Panorama 360°
    OttoMania - your link to the Ottoman Culture and Lifestyle in EU III
    ................. Neo-Ottomans thread
    Who is this Tunch Khan? I thought Djem de Sayd was the only Ottoman Pretender the Christians had their hands on? ~ aylo1
    To be honest, this thread might as well be closed now. We've seen Tunch Khan - I can't see that there's anywhere else to go from here. ~ Austen
    Turkey in HOI2 - OTTOMANIA ~ Mod and Modular Pack for Victoria 2 - VIEW THREAD
    ........ **Thread Monster** ... History, with all her volumes vast, hath but one page.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast