Closed Thread

Thread: Please, do not report map errors or performance problems

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Please, do not report map errors or performance problems

Hello,

as far as we know, the map drawing will not change in CK, ever.

So please, don't report errors about the map in the bug forum.

There are certain changes that could be made though, like province ownership or province culture at the begining of a scenario. But you have to have a very strong backed-up case with evidences, and you may want to discuss it first with other forumers in the Crusader Kings - Scenarios and Modifications subforum.

Also:

Performance problems are nearly impossible to corner, because:

- We all have different hardwares
    - We all are running different programs or services at the same time as CK on our PC
    - We all have different game situation.

So they are extremely difficult to reproduce and fix.

As a rule, I'd prefer people not to report them...

I am sure Paradox do whatever is possible to improve performance wherever they can.

Thanks,

Cat
    Last edited by Cat Lord; 29-05-2004 at 22:35.
    Pour l'histoire: Un concours original, La partie de ScrAARble

"Le monde est un jeu de Go, dont les règles ont été inutilement compliquées"

(proverbe chinois)

Si l'on retranchait du patriotisme de la plupart des hommes la haine et le mépris des autres nations, il resterait peu de choses.
    [Duc de Lévis, "Maximes et réflexions"]

Soyez attentif à mes posts de modérateur, ils sont de cette couleur / Be aware when I write a moderation post in this color.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black Plague
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

What exactly do you mean with "map drawing"?
    Only the borders, mountains, lakes etc. or even the names of the provinces (on the map)?

Because at least one is labelled wrong ("Plauen" is labelled as "Lausitz") and some are missing characters. For example Viborg seems like iborg since the V is hidden by the border.

Correcting this would only mean to exchange graphics but since I do not have any idea about how those are stored I can't say how complex such a change would be.

"Map drawing" = anything related to the graphics of the map. That includes province borders and names (unfortunately).

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black Plague
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Ah, ok. Thanks. Then I have to annihilate "Plauen" as fast as possible so I don't have to take care about them anymore. Poor "Plauen".

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

is it possible just to remove coastal access to krizevci province? it is simply absurd. i know it takes me a 10hour drive to the sea, and there it's coastal...

and the two islands in the north adriatic should belong to veglia, not krizevci or krain(one of those two probably represents the island of krk(veglia in italian), these aren't graphic changes, is that possible?
    There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain.

Charles André Joseph Marie De Gaulle

Minister of Peace for Europe Moderator Grosshaus's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Brownbeard
    is it possible just to remove coastal access to krizevci province? it is simply absurd. i know it takes me a 10hour drive to the sea, and there it's coastal...

and the two islands in the north adriatic should belong to veglia, not krizevci or krain(one of those two probably represents the island of krk(veglia in italian), these aren't graphic changes, is that possible?
    Coastall access is a line in a .csv file IIRC, so they can be changed.

The problem with the islands can't be fixed anymore
    Pity comes for free, but jealousy must be earned - Lauri Tähkä

Hearts of Iron II beta AAR Guardian of Democracy

Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Updated first post and thread title:

Please do not report performance problems:

Performance problems are nearly impossible to corner, because:

- We all have different hardwares
    - We all are running different programs or services at the same time as CK on our PC
    - We all have different game situation.

So they are extremely difficult to reproduce and fix.

As a rule, I'd prefer people not to report them...

I am sure Paradox do whatever is possible to improve performance wherever they can.

Thanks,

Cat

(proverbe chinois)

Si l'on retranchait du patriotisme de la plupart des hommes la haine et le mépris des autres nations, il resterait peu de choses.

Soyez attentif à mes posts de modérateur, ils sont de cette couleur / Be aware when I write a moderation post in this color.

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III

I play with CK 1.05. One of the effects of the small pox event: the building time lasts nine times longer. After the "Small pox is retreating" event the situation doesn't change. For example, the contruction of road, moneylenders etc. needs a lot of time (about 140 months), not the ordinary time.

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Damjanich
    I play with CK 1.05. One of the effects of the small pox event: the building time lasts nine times longer. After the "Small pox is retreating" event the situation doesn't change. For example, the contruction of road, moneylenders etc. needs a lot of time (about 140 months), not the ordinary time.
    Welcome to the forum

You are posting this in the wrong thread, it would have been better if you had started a new one

But this 'problem' is known and won't/can't be fixed. The solution is to not start building things when there is a disease in the province. Sadly enough the AI isn't smart enough for that, and it will start building things anyway

Welcome to the forum, but bugs in this thread won't be looked at.

You need to start a new thread explaining your problem.

Cat

(proverbe chinois)

Closed Thread