• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Daywalker said:
I have the maps :)
Lots of new stuff, especially in the middleeast. I even discovered a bug in my province number map - so that is good :)
Where are they ? :D

Cat

The land province ID are wrong in the area of 699 -> 707, according to Provinces.csv ...

Cat

Cat Lord said:
The land province ID are wrong in the area of 699 -> 707, according to Provinces.csv ...

Cat

I know :)

In v1.00-v1.02 the names for those provinces was wrong in Provinces.csv, and different from Province_names.csv, which is the display name, thus I numbered them wrong.

The two name coloums has been aligned again in v1.03, and I found it right away when i re-draw the duchies map.

you know what's missing from 1.03? A kingdom called Lotharingia. Too bad it's impossible to have, iirc, as provinces can only belong to one kingdom or somesuch.

why make the images so large?

jpg compresses excellent to smaller sizes without noticeable quality loss

could use a clearer/bigger font on the duchies map though i suppose...

excellent work nontheless =))

I've working a bit on the same thing, but as it was a while since 1.03b was released, I'm hoping for a 1.04 soon, and then I might make new maps for at least kingdom and duchy setups. Feels like wasting time making maps for 1.03b if things will change when 1.04 is released.

/Johan

tombom said:
Daywalker rarely comes here anymore. So I doubt it.

I am here, but there is a slight problem

I would love to post them, however Paradox claims exclusive property of everything posted on this board, including that a user relinquishing all copyright to the contents he posts.
I cannot agree to that! Thus I don’t post anything I have put a bit of sprite into making.

I could make them available on a webpage however.

Daywalker said:
I would love to post them, however Paradox claims exclusive property of everything posted on this board, including that a user relinquishing all copyright to the contents he posts.
I cannot agree to that! Thus I don’t post anything I have put a bit of sprite into making.
I never understood people having a problem with that.

Seriously, do you really think you will ever SELL your maps ?

If not, what would you ever want to keep your "copyright" ?

The only recognition you will ever got for your work would be praises by fellow gamers for your effort. No less, no more.

Cat

I never understood people having a problem with that.

If it is no problem, why does Paradox have this paragraph in the first place??

Seriously, do you really think you will ever SELL your maps?
If not, what would you ever want to keep your "copyright" ?
The only recognition you will ever got for your work would be praises by fellow gamers for your effort. No less, no more.

No, I’m fairly sure Paradox would not do that, that is not the point. Point is that they CAN do it if they want!
Look at EU: COTN. 3 user made scenarios included. I'm sure they all where asked and happily agreed, but I’m also sure they did not received any cake for it.
I don’t want fame, I don’t want medals or glory or cool drinks and pretty ladies (ok I take a few of the 2 last) – what I do want is not to automatically relinquishing my stuff just because I made a post on a board.
It sure is paradoxses right to have such a paragraph, but it surely also is my right not to agree with it.

Actually just quoting on this board is illegal. Once you write something it is the property of paradox and you actually got to ask for written permission to re-publish it. So quoting is not permitted.
Hey I did not write that ‘User Agreement’ !!!

Daywalker, can't you post your updated CK maps on your website? Or are you out of room? :(

Daywalker said:
If it is no problem, why does Paradox have this paragraph in the first place??
So that people cannot come here, steal the community's work, burn a CD with it and sell it as an extension ?

If that's was going to happen, who do you think would be best people to protect the community's work ?

Each poster individually, or Paradox as a company ?

Cat

Daywalker said:
Actually just quoting on this board is illegal. Once you write something it is the property of paradox and you actually got to ask for written permission to re-publish it. So quoting is not permitted.
Hey I did not write that ‘User Agreement’ !!!

Hmmm, no that has no truth in it. You can qoute away as much as you like, whoever owns the text. A post in a forum is not part of any laws for intellektual properties. Even if you post a mod for a game here you still holds the intellektual rights to it. What Paradox gets is the right to reproduce it, sell it and publish it...they can't ever take away your right to claim it as your creation though.

I can qoute a passage of any book I want, just not the entire book (or close to the entire book).

Sum of it all, quote away all you like.

-=T=-

TomWolf said:
Hmmm, no that has no truth in it. You can qoute away as much as you like, whoever owns the text. A post in a forum is not part of any laws for intellektual properties. Even if you post a mod for a game here you still holds the intellektual rights to it. What Paradox gets is the right to reproduce it, sell it and publish it...they can't ever take away your right to claim it as your creation though.

I can qoute a passage of any book I want, just not the entire book (or close to the entire book).

Sum of it all, quote away all you like.

-=T=-

This is going outside the thread subject.

The user agreement you agree to by joining this forum, explicit says that ‘All content posted on the message boards of Paradox is the exclusive intellectual property of Paradox’. and that ‘By posting on the Paradox message boards you are agreeing to the above and relinquishing all copyright to the contents of the post(s) to Paradox.’

Also it is YOUR responsible not to post stuff you don’t have the right too (e.g. copyright). With Termination of account in worst case.

So if you do not own the copyright to material you quote, you can in fact not quote it.

A little longer down, there is something called ‘General Rules’.
Even though point 1 stats you have to obey the user agreement at all times, point 12 says;

‘You will not post material (including text, images, graphics or other artwork) unless: ‘
i. the copyright is owned by you, and/or
ii. the copyright is owned by Paradox, and/or
iii. the material is not in violation of any NDA (non-disclosure agreement) that you may have signed, and/or
iv. you have the expressed permission of the copyright holder to do so, and/or
v. you fully attribute the holder of the copyrighted material.

So according to that it is all right to quote text on this board and text from other sources as long as you ‘fully attribute the holder of the copyrighted material’.

Fair enough but that is direct violation of the user agreement, which you have to follow at ALL times - also over point 12 - which stats that you cannot post stuff that is not yours!!
And 12.IV and 12.V can never be true, since you have to ‘relinquishing all copyright to the contents of the post(s)’ by posting, in user agreement, which you can’t do with stuff that goes under point 12.IV and 12.V

Either way, this is just bull and does not mean anything.
I’m still however gonna excise my right to not ‘relinquishing all copyright to the contents of the post(s)’ by posting stuff I care about here.

Daywalker said:
This is not correct. Quoting within fair use is allowed for any copyrighted material... :)

Daywalker said:
I’m still however gonna excise my right to not ‘relinquishing all copyright to the contents of the post(s)’ by posting stuff I care about here.
Which is within your full rights off course, even if that means that fewer get to benefit from your fine work...