• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As Czar looked around the table at his subordinates Bareskeen raised his head and answered.

' The Foreign Ministry does not pretend to have detailed expertise in Military matters. For this reason I defer to Minister Elbasto. It does, however seem to me that we should retain an open mind and ensure that all options remain available. It is clear that at some point in the future we will need to utilise all arms of the Military and that it would be wrong to place all our eggs in one basket.

The fortification of the borders in the North will depend very much on when we anticipate the commencement of hostilities. We can commence building now reducing our IC capacity or we can take the calculated risk that the Bolsheviks will leave us alone for a year. In my opinion the Soviet Bear is too weak to take direct action at this time.

As far as other matters are concerned, Intelligence Minister Kilgore is
best suited to advising which, if any, countries might be amenable to a Romanian supported Regime change. However at this time I would advise that we do not have the necessary Diplomatic Influence to support any such action.'

Bareskeen sat back and pursed his lips. His points made, thoughts drifted to his impending 'fact finding mission' to Zurich. Everyone had to have their own personal insurance policy, didn't they.

Ahem....if I might interfere for a moment.

Captain Panda turns to the Chief of Staff.

Henry, I believe you misunderstood a part of my briefing, I said specifically that the navy can live without enlargement for a year or two. But we do need the research that I outlined. Basic Warship Design, along with the subsequent theories that comes with it, such as Basic Destroyer Propulsion and so forth, so that in 1-2 years time the navy will have the knowhow it requires in order to produce and field superior naval units. The way I see it, the future of the Romanian navy is as a small, modern, fighting force consisting mostly of Destroyers, a small number of Cruisers and also some amphibious transports so that we may aid the army in all we can.

It seems that we are occupied with Bulgaria, Hungary and Yugoslavia in this room, might I remind you that we have a far larger adversary to the south. Turkey, all they need is to transport their troops across the Black Sea and they will be here by nightfall. Our navy must be modern enough to withstand such threats. All we ask for is that this research be carried out, I think it´s perfectly reasonable. All the research the navy want in warship design could be carried out within less than a year.

Just a thought

Gen. Reichswehr was absolutley Flabbergastic that Gen. Panda was addressing his Superior by common name! Gen. Reichswehr had always been a man of military protocol and discipline. No matter how close a relation he might have with Chief of Staff or Head of State he would never let his personal feelings drift in a formal meeting around others!
Dispaired by the fact that he had possibly caused a rift between the thinking of the Head of State and Chief of staff by proposing research of the newly concieved air warfare. He had accomplished his goal by addressing the needs of the AirForce and advocating what he thought was nessacery, and it is common knowledge that you can't always get what you want! It was time to improvise with what he was provided and make the best of it!
Instead of voicing his opinion again on the matter he decided it best to let the Chief of Staff, his immediate superior, revise and pass on his portion of the proposed Superior Romanian budget for Fiscal Year 1936 to the Arnaments Minister and Head of State for ultimate approval..

-------------------------------BREAK----------------------
Duly Noted Admiral

-----------------------------End Of Break----------------------

Czar sat up as tall as he could in his chair, making sure he was seated in the middle of his cushion (for every bit of height).

He made a conscious effort to broaden his smile and calm his voice...

He looked directly at the Chief of Staff, meeting the icy stare. For a brief moment he felt uncomfortable. He shook off the feeling and regaind his composure.

"This is about my new medal " he thought, "the Chief of Staff always gets upset when he sees me with a new medal..."

"Very well Sir..." he began coolly, "your point is taken..."

"Maybe if I gave him a medal too - he would let me have paratroops? " he thought to himself.

"Perhaps our efforts could be better directed elsewhere on more pressing goals."

"I will give myself TWO new medals next year...THAT will really rile him... " his mind continued.

"I defer to your judgement Sir. After all, you are the military expert." Czar hoped he had managed to give just the right hint of sarcasm in his voice without being too obvious.

He paused to stare at the ceiling for a moment...

"Gentlemen, let us take a moment to hear from our last Minister..."

The room feel silent as everyone shifted uncomfortably in their chairs. Cdat had thus far remained silent...

Oh...sorry, just one more question, this one is for you Armaments Minister.
When can we expect too see the budget as you outline it? Now that you heard all of us and you know what is needed?

A thin smile graced Admiral Panda´s face.

I´m sure that we are all very interested and curious to hear your decisions, and discuss them with you. I´m also certain that we will all be pleased with what you decide.

============ OUT OF CHARACTER =======================

Capitain Panda said:
Oh...sorry, just one more question, this one is for you Armaments Minister.
When can we expect too see the budget as you outline it? Now that you heard all of us and you know what is needed?

A thin smile graced Admiral Panda´s face.

I´m sure that we are all very interested and curious to hear your decisions, and discuss them with you. I´m also certain that we will all be pleased with what you decide.

Later tonight I hope.

Unfortunately I don't think my recomendations will change a lot.

Also, I am not the one taking the decisions, that's czar1111, I can only recommend (as most ministers) what I think would be more suitable.

Fianlly, take into consideration that I hadn't budgeted an invasion, do you have any idea of how much is that going to cost us?? (consumer goods) :rofl: :rofl:
Well, I do. It will take us all, and I do mean ALL, our budget for at least 100 days, that's from January 1st to April 10th (if we attack tomorrow) creating a delay in most our projects (but I'd have to figure out the benefits of an invasion, let say it would be around 11 IC, an entire new R&D project, plus a slight increase in our raw materials deficit). :p

I will check this out when I get back home (at university now)

=================================================

Now back to the aar.

Chief of the Superior Romanian AirFOrce

--------------------Break------------------
I have but one meager suggestion and it is for the benefit of our audience...
When you post here in diaologe I think it would be nice to place in the Title column what your game title is so that everyone can keep and won't have to switch back to page 1 post 1 to find out. That we we won't have to continously update it when someone is appointed or commissioned!
what does everyone think?

Cdat, Security Minister

Cdat watches to see if anyone else will speak. When no one else attempts to, he steps near the table, where his stack of notes are. He lightly rests his finely manicured fingertips upon the neat stack.

“Gentleman and generals,” He states in a calm calculated voice: “I have reviewed all your proposals earlier before the meeting.” Many in the room glance up quickly since no one but their most trusted aides have seen these documents. “I am overwhelmed by the amount of detail and dedication that has been put forth into these proposals.”

“ I realize that being the Security Department that I, least of all, should promote my own agenda before each and every one of you but alas I must as duty dictates, proceed. Since our great leader has ALREADY put forth his ideas on the subjects, I shall simply state my case from my point of view.” He looks at Czar1111 with a disappointed look. Czar nervously starts fidgeting with his new medal. Once he’s sure that he has driven his point home, he looks to the members of the cabinet and begins his speech.

“I applaud the ideas of building fortresses in the northeast to prevent our Russian ‘friends’ from becoming too bold. After all, my interests are solely with the safety within our borders.” He looks directly at the Chief of Staff and nods to him. “Having to cross a river and confront fortresses, manned by our best units should provide adequate incentive to discourage any thoughts for invasion.”

“I am glad to see that with the limited manpower we have at present that we do not rashly jump into a massive build-up of our current military. Investing in the Industry of the country in the long run will reap bountiful rewards.” He looks to Matiandos [FIN], who is staring at him with smoldering eyes.

“Investing heavily in the navy is futile at present. I mean no offense good sir Captain Panda, but we need to worry more of land attack/defense from our mighty neighbors. Possibly a few research dollars could be sent to the submarine forces. They, in my opinion, have the best “bang for the buck”.”

“The air force is another matter all together. They are worth their weight in gold if they are modernized. I feel for the defense of our wonderful nation, that we need a few squadrons of fighters at the least. I also feel that the naval bombers already within the armed forces can and will help protect our coastline.” He sends Reichswehr a slight smile.

“We at present have a mighty army compared to most of our neighbors. We must if we are to survive this decade, train them, teach them, coach them and even beat them if that is what is necessary to bring them up to today’s standards in modern warfare. I am also concerned with the outdated armored forces within the Army. At present our forces contain French hand-me-down junk. I hope when funds are available, that we update this equipment with the best possible choices.”

“That brings up the point on where we will get the funds to promote this training regiment. I’ll have to reserve that topic for Elbasto and his team.”

“I have started a program to help train our future generations of soldier. It is called the Boy Scouts of Romania. I have started a program where all youths 16 years of age will begin indoctrination into the basic soldiering skills needed. The break down is outlined within files I have sent to your offices. This is mandatory. No one is exempt. So, let us say in the year 1938, this first ‘class’ will graduate and be fully prepared to join our illustrious military as needed. Youths 12 to 15 will begin an auxiliary corps, called the Cub Scouts of Romania, to teach them the basics such as teamwork, loyalty and how to deal with emergency situations, as they arise. So in case, in the future, things go drastically wrong, they can fill in on fire fighting crews and basic essential duties required to keep our nation functioning properly. This will then free up able-bodied men to join the military. I, myself will take charge of these young gentlemen and with the help of some retired veterans from the Great War, I will mold them to our ideals and doctrines. They will turn out to be fine, strapping, smooth, muscular, handsome, proud, young Romanians. I shall retain one as a personal aide to me and I, shall be his Mentor. If any of you would like to submit a request for a family member of yours to join, I’d be more than willing to take extra good care of them.” He withdraws a handkerchief from his left front trousers pocket and daubs away at the sweat that is glistening on his brow. Once done, he neatly folds the handkerchief in half then folds it again and returns it to his right front trousers pocket.
boyscouts.jpg

“I have also provided an outline, if viable, offering tax breaks for Romanian women who produce more offspring. This will insure a stable pool of manpower to draw from in the future. This of course is only a suggestion. I’ll leave it up to Elbasto and his team of peanut counters to make the decision.”

“While we are in this meeting discussing our intentions, my teams of the ‘Bureau of Crime Apprehension’ are rounding up citizens of dubious loyalty to be taken to my headquarters to be ‘questioned’ concerning possible matters of national security. If, when you arrive back at your respective offices, you find individuals missing. Please hold off on storming my office.” His gaze slowly scanned the room looking for any defiance from the members of the meeting. Most of the military officers were scowling directly but the ministers seemed slightly nervous. “If I am satisfied of their loyalty to the state, they will be released immediately. If they fail to return ……. Do not push the issue. We are only concerned for the welfare of the state. Those we find unfit to serve will be transferred to a mental ward to be studied and held for their own safety until the end of any hostilities that may arise within the coming years.”
arrest1.jpg

“Also, on a sad note, I must sadly inform you of a tragic mishap within the borders of our neighbor Bulgaria.” He glances at Lt.Col.Kilgore and nods in his direction. “It seems that their largest newspaper’s home office has caught fire and burned to the ground. All staff and editors never made it out of the building alive. I feel that some type of statement from our government should be sent to them, giving them our condolences.” His voice growing excited, he practically glowed with cheer. “Possibly some flowers too. Some nice red roses and some purple tulips and some yellow day lilies and some lovely orchids should suffice.” After that statement, the joy faded from his voice and his body seemed to stiffen a bit.
newspaper.jpg

“That is the end of my assessment on the current state of affairs within the boundaries of our great nation. If any of you would like to further discuss any point I have raised here, feel free to come to my office and we can discuss it one-on-one without holding up these other gentlemen’s time in this meeting today.” With that he takes exactly 6 steps to the rear precisely 9 inches each. He stops and crosses his hands behind his back and seems to fade into the shadows slightly. His eyes seem to glaze over as if anything else stated in the meeting has no meaning or value to him.

Last edited:
Head of State

Czar tapped his pen on the table. There was not much more to say at this point. As usual cdat had summed things up nicely - and managed to decend gloom onto the room. It was unlikely anyone else would speak for a minute or two...

Besides which, Czar had a sudden urge to rush back to his office and see that his staff were all still present.

“Thank you gentlemen. That will be all…”
There was a cacophony of noise as the ministers began to stand. Chairs scraping papers shuffling…
“Ah, excuse me gentlemen.” The room quietened, “Would the Chief of Staff and the Ministers of Intelligence and Security please remain.”.

The room rapidly emptied. Czar cast a glance at Kilgore’s Adjutant, Kilgore nodded and the man some what stiffly made his way to the door. Meanwhile a prod and a swipe with Henry’s cane was sufficient to send the servant with the teapot on his way.

The doors were closed from the outside.

The men stood together at one end of the conference table, Czar was careful to stand away from the taller members of the group.

“Gentlemen, does that reflect the views of the Bulgarian Government? Or the Bulgarian people?”
Czar pointed a finger accusingly at the memorandum and newspaper clipping from the Foreign Minister.

“The modern media is dangerous, ideas like that one can be around the world in a matter of days. Who knows? Perhaps soon news like this will span the world in mere hours? What is worse is that they influence people – and that we can not allow.”

“My main concerns are that this could give the Bulgarian people the wrong idea about me… I mean us… and the last thing we need is them allying themselves with the Bolsheviks!”

“Kilgore, put your best men on this. I want to know that I don’t have to worry about a Bolshevik Bulgarian State – pull any strings you need to pull.”

“Henry, I need you to be ready in case the worst happens. Put together some kind of a ‘plan’, strictly tentative at this stage you understand. After all, we are not planning to actually do anything, we are just being prudent.
Some kind of plan would at lest give us options and see us prepared, it would also allow us to mobilise quickly if need be.
And of course, this is to be kept very ‘hush-hush’. Strictly ‘Need to know’ only. We don’t want the press to hear of this and accuse us of being ‘aggressive’ or ‘provocative’.”

“Oh and I suppose we will need some kind of name for this plan of operation…”
Czar paused and looked around the room as if searching for inspiration. Finally his eyes fell back to the Memo and the newspaper clipping – the corners of his mouth twitched in an evil smile.
“Plan ‘ECHO’ gentlemen? Yes, that will do nicely…”

Chief of the Superior Romanian AirForce

Memorandum#: 2-14Ac90
Date:01011936
Subject: Squadron Commander Opening
Thru Channels:
1)Head of State, Commander and Chief Czar1111
2)Chief of Staff, Gen. Henry V. Keiper
3)Minister of Arnaments, Honarable Elbasto
To: Qualified Major Generals
From: Chief of Staff, Air Marshall of The Superior Romanian A.F. Riechswehr *****
I have returned from a meeting of the high command in Bucuresti where the budget has been proposed for the Superior Romanian Air Force, Fiscal year 1936. Although the finalized agenda has not yet been approved and published I wanted all to know firsthand that it seems a grand recovery is in store for our glorious Air Force. The attention and focus of our new Leaders is, without a doubt, more liberal than that of before. I believe progress is abound in the growth and modernization of our force. I have lobbied feverishly for a 10% pay increase for our Commissioned staff to better recruit and retain our valuable pilots. Most items of my budget were greeted optimistically. I have not yet been allowed to lift the recruitment freeze that has been in place for some years. Thanks to our Head of State, Chief of Staff, and Arnaments Minister I have cleared some promotions to fill certain ranks in our command structure, that attrition has depleted.
I am currently opening a Lt. Gen position to be Squadron Commander of the Gruparea Aeriana de Lupta stationed in Bucheresti. You would be in charge of 3 squadrons and would be responsible for thier training, Squad Level operations, and moral. Squadron Commander would be my adjutant whilst I am away or when I delegate. You WILL report directly to me at all times. I will need reports filed monthly on the progress and needs of the Squadron.
I need resumes and personal files in my office by weeks end. This should be inclusive of your performance and Educational Achievements.
Please note that my decision will be followed by a thorough check through the Minister of Security's Office for top level Clearance.
This precedure will now be instituted into the new standard operating procedures of the Superior Romanian Air FOrce.
PLease be advised the deadline will not be extended. Vacancy will be filled immediately.
Air Marshall Reichswehr

Last edited:
Lazlo Bareskeen - Foreign Minister

Bareskeen slowly walked towards his aide who was waiting by the open door of his beloved 'blower' Bentley. An extravagance for sure just like the Cuban Huyo de Monterrey cigar he lit as he pondered over the contents of the last meeting.

Machiavelli should have been a Romanian thought the portly Foreign Minister. The last two hours had been nothing more than a series of opening gambits. No one had been telling the full story of that he could be certain. Bareskeen was sure he'd been excluded from access to key decisions but exactly who was behind it remained a mystery. Having said that it could have been another of czar111's power plays. Hadn't that been how he clambered to the top of the slippery ladder in the first place?

You had to admire the guy though. Vindictive and malicious he may be, but he did have a sense of humour that matched his own. Poor old Janos. One moment the editor of a respected Bulgarian newspaper, the next nothing more than a pile of ashes amongst the rubble of a derelict building. Well one thing was for certain the newspapers name would certainly live on. 'Plan Echo' would surely be remembered as the turning point in Romania's fortune.

'Come Camil, to the aiport. It seems we have an appointment in Berlin. By the way did you remember my golf clubs '

Last edited:
Minister of Intelligence

Czar's announcement did not come as a shock to Kilgore. In fact, it surprised him that the beloved leader took so long to bring it to the forum. And it also did not surprise him that his agency had been directed to help "solve" the Bulgarian problem.

"Excellency, I will be honest. I wish I could tell you know exactly the price of such an undertaking, and any pertinent knowledge regarding Bulgaria. The fact of the matter is that I do not have my reports in front of me as they were in my adjutant's briefcase. I was not thinking clearly when I sent him away. By this evening, I shall have them, and send copies to all."

At that point, Kilgore felt that he had said what he needed to say at this juncture and stood silent once again, and waited for one of the other men to speak.

SIDENOTE: Sorry for not posting earlier, but I was swamped with my vector calculus midterm, my physics midterm, and my submission of a parking structure design plan. Also, I am at school, and I keep HOI for the weekends, so I don't fail out. Tonight I will play.

Keiper smiled, closing his eyes as if in meditation, "I already had a plan prepared against Bulgaria, sir."

And he did not say another word.

Midnight, Sofia, Bulgaria.

Georgi Dimitrov, sometime drunk, sometime brilliant editor was worried. For once in a long time one of his political analysis seemed to have been far more correct than he had anticipated. First it had been those men with distinctly Romanian accent that had approached him. Apparently with a request of funding a pro-Rumanian editorial – he had been about to start an indignant replay the he was not interested in bribes, when he managed to take a look at there faces. His stuttering replay had been something about looking into it immediately. Then he started to get a creepy feeling of being followed – he had washed that feeling away with some Vodka. Then he saw the black Mercedes without licens plates.
-That cannot be, I must have drunk to much Vodka, he thought as he was staggering on his way home.

January 5th, 1936.
sega2.gif
The Cega
(conservative – Royalist)​
1 st. page, top story.
The Sofia Echo news agency burns to the ground.
The Sofia Echo, well known for its controversial view on both foreign and domestic policy was completely destroyed in a fire, killing at least 12 of its staff members. The police suspects foul play, anonymous sources within the police say that the investigation is focusing on Bolshevik activists and religious minority groups... ****cut​
Editorial (page 2)
The constitutional rights of the free press must be defended.
We at the Cega are mourning our former colleagues at the Sofia Echo, if this fire is indeed a heinous crime of communist agitators, we urge the government to take strong action against these increasingly violent groups...****cut​

############
Sofia, Bulgaria.
Inspector Milen Vassilev lighted his pipe again, as it was refusing to stay lit, and puffed a large cloud of bluish smoke.
-Politics, its all just bloody politics, he said to himself. Later he would remember this day as the day of dismissing a case that was no case.​
In the morning he had been called upon to investigate a suspicious fire at a local newspaper. Even hours after the fire brigade had been able to put out the flames, the whole area reeked of petroleum fumes. It was not much to see at the site of the fire, it looked like the whole office block had burnt like a firecracker. The body count was 13 so far, and probably going to increase. Twelve of the bodies had been found inside a small room – possibly locked from the outside.

-Who knows newspapers best? Milen asked himself, and he decided to pay a visit to one of the competitors.​
A few questions to the staff at the Cega confirmed Vassilev's suspicions, the political editor at the Sofia Echo, Georgi Dimitrov, was a bleeding heart liberal, that had made a list of enemies lasting at least from Sofia to Varna. He even had spent a few months in custody for calling his majesty Boris III a peacock puppet for the army or something similar. Milen scratched his chin – this was not going to be easy, and the case had all the tell tale signs of a real career killer – better to just sign the coroners report and be done with it. But Milen was not known for going the easy way, and this suspicious death were starting to interest him.

Just as he was leaving the office of the Cega, one of editors came running to intercept Milan.
-Officer, officer wait, eh, I don't know if this is important, but Georgi Dimitrov, the political editor at the Sofia Echo and I was out having a few drinks yesterday, and he joked about being followed by a black embassy car – but, don't quote me on this.​

Back at his desk Vassilev pursed his lips, if its a diplomatic issue this falls outside my jurisdiction. Milen decided to make some phone calls, he called an old friend at the justice department, who might have some connections at the foreign office.

Inspector Milen Vassilev decided it was time for lunch – Then everything happened faster than Milan ever had anticipated. When he he returned to the station, a very official looking black car was parked outside, at his desk he was meet by his superintendent and a scrawny weasel faced man, that was flanked by two huge goons in dark suits. The weasel faced man opened his mouth, and said:
-Inspector Vassilev I presume? Well, the office of the interior is taking over your investigation, as it involves matters of national security. According to § 4, 6 and 9 of the law on domestic security sections 3-11 including 13, all your findings are classified and you are not allowed to talk to anyone about this.​
One of the the costumed gorillas shuffled all of Vassilev's paperwork into a box, and the trio marched out of the station.

Superintendent Iskrov glared at him
–Milen, if you ever pull a stunt like that again I'll not only fire you...​
January 5th, 1936. Explosive fire at the newspaper, the Sofia Echo; Electrical fault, causing ignition. Case closed.

Last edited:
Minister of Intelligence

==========================================================
COPY OF AN INTERNAL MEMORANDUM

To: Head of State, Czar1111
From: Serviciul Secret de Informaţii, Minister of Intelligence
Copies sent to: To Be Diseminated According To Need

Excellency:

The present state of affairs in the Balkan Peninsula have forced us to examine our neighbors. You have directed us to focus our efforts on the neighboring nation of Bulgaria. I, in turn, have directed my agency to procure as much information as possible. This was accomplished as quickly as possible, and as cheaply as possible. We require no further funding to pay for this operation and Minister Elbasto should be pleased about that, but more detailed information might cost more.

The Bulgarian military is in sad shape, although it is quite large for such a small nation. The Bulgarian Army consists of a total of 10 divisions, with 8 infantry and 2 calvary. It is deployed around the nation, however, with a total of 7 divisions stationed in provinces neighboring our country. These 8 consist of 6 infantry and 1 calvary. There are a further 3 divisions stationed in the south that can move to block any advance by our forces. The Bulgarian Army is much like our own, except it is equipped with outdated equipment that is inferior to our own.

The Bulgarian Navy consists of 1 squadron of small ships, and are currently on patrol in the Black Sea.

The Bulgarian Air Force is nonexistant, and so Air Marshal Reichswehr should be pleased that our own air force will have total air supremacy.

The economy of Bulgaria is, in Minister Elbasto's words, worth 35 ICs. This is compared to our own of 50 ICs. The captial province of Sophia is rich in both coal and steel, and would be a welcome addition to our own economy.

We should be aware, Excellency, that since our two countries are neighbors, we may have many Romanian citizens angry with our "dispute." It is my belief that Minister Cdat should be ready to apprehend these rabble rousers before the economy is shut down from dissent.

If any further information is required, both I and my agency is at your disposal, your Excellency.

Yours faithfully

Kilgore
Minister of Intelligence

========= Soldat de Oţel - The Soldier of Steel ========
the official newspaper of the romanian army
===================================​

TOP STORY: FIELDMARSHALL MATIANDOS VISITS TROOPS ON THE BULGARIAN BORDER

-------------------------------------------
Craicova,Bucharest,Dobrich

The brave men of the romanian army and fronteir guard had a suprise visit from the very top of the military. The holder of the our army's highest position FM Matiandos traveled to twelve locations on the bulgarian border to meet the glorious men guarding the freedom of our nation there. The Fieldmarshall also took part in a joint meeting of the local army, frontier guard and police commanders in an undisclosed location in the border province of Craicova. The goal of the meeting is to get all different branches to work in conjungtion to insure the safety of the local population , and in this they have been very effective in. The latest example of the efficiency of this system , originaly the idea of none other than the fieldmarshall himself , came when a group of bandits based on both sides of the border were eliminated in a joint operation.

Matiandos also met with the rank and file members of the army to ask their opinion about the current Romano-Bulgarian tensions. The word was the same everywhere; The romanian soldier is confident of he's leadership and the supremacy of he's armament. While ready and willing to perform their duty, whatever it may be , the regular soldiers like everyone else in romania hopes for a peacefull solution to the crisis. But in the words of one artillery man in Dobrich, " If all other solutions fail , our chief negotators are ready to take over" he said patting the barrell of the he's crews field gun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------