• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nope. There is no seazone condition. If you want to select specific provinces, you need to have one province condition for each one.

Byakhiam said:
Nope. There is no seazone condition. If you want to select specific provinces, you need to have one province condition for each one.

Great many thanks for your answers and your patience :cool:

See you soon for new questions ! :rolleyes:

Please help me for my event...

Greetings,
i think i'm going to yell !

Can someone tell me what is the problem with this event ?

Code:
province_event = {
	id = 23400

picture = "Mythologie"

trigger = {
		condition = { type = has_improvement value = { hill_fort = yes } }

condition = { type = not value = { type = has_improvement value = { small_castle = yes } } }

condition = { type = religion value = catholic }

condition = { type = or
			condition = { type = culture value = irish }
			condition = { type = culture value = welsh }
			condition = { type = culture value = scottish }
		}
		condition = { type = owner
			condition = { type = not value = { type = or
			}
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 7500

modifier = {
			condition = { type = has_advance value = { inquisition  = yes } }
			factor = 1.2 }
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = has_improvement value = { university = yes } }
			factor = 1.2 }
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = has_improvement value = {  templar_house = yes } }
			factor = 1.2 }
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = has_improvement value = { school = yes } }
			factor = 1.2 }
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = has_improvement value = { church = yes } }
			factor = 1.2 }
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = has_improvement value = { large_church = yes } }
			factor = 1.2 }
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = has_improvement value = { domed_church = yes } }
			factor = 1.2 }
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = has_improvement value = {  cathedral = yes } }
			factor = 1.2 }
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = has_improvement value = {  monastery = yes } }
			factor = 1.2 }
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = not value = { type = clergy_power value = 0.25 } }
			factor = 1.5 }
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = not value = { type = clergy_power value = 0.15 } }
			factor = 1.3 }
		modifier = {
			condition = { type = not value = { type = clergy_power value = 0.05 } }
			factor = 1.1 }
	}

action_a = {	# Use the prophecy of Mirddhyn : The red dragon wins... the celtic kingdom is long dead !
		ai_chance = 35
		effect = { type = remove_improvement value = hill_fort }
		effect = { type = set_to_realm_culture }
		effect = { type = ruler_prestige value = 100 } 
		effect = { type = noble_loyalty value = 0.5 }
		effect = { type = burgher_loyalty value = -0.2 }
		effect = { type = peasant_loyalty value = -0.6 } }

action_b = {	# Use the prophecy of Mirddhyn : The white dragon wins... we will revive the celtic kingdom !
		ai_chance = 35
		effect = { type =  remove_improvement value = hill fort }
		effect = { type =  trigger for = ruler value = 23405 }
		effect = { type = ruler_prestige value = 100 } 
		effect = { type = noble_loyalty value = -0.5 }
		effect = { type = peasant_loyalty value = +0.6 } }

action_c = {	# All that are just superstitions !
		ai_chance = 30
		effect = { type =  remove_improvement value = hill_fort }
		effect = { type = ruler_prestige value = 200 }
		effect = { type = add_province_effect value = looted } }
}

When i load a game or a scenario with this.... it says he doesn't recongnize neither "has_improvement", nor "mean_tim_to_happen"... :confused: Then, it says my event doesn't exist.... What must i change to make it work ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Last edited:
gigau said:
Greetings,
i think i'm going to yell !

When i load a game or a scenario with this.... it says he doesn't recongnize neither "has_improvement", nor "mean_tim_to_happen"... :confused: Then, it says my event doesn't exist.... What must i change to make it work ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Before "mean_time_to_happen" there is a "}" missing ..

To be more specific, this block:
gigau said:
Code:
			condition = { type = not value = { type = or
			}
		}
is unbalanced. There are two opening braces on the second line, and only one is closed in the matching line below. I tend to start a new line with the value of a not condition, to make the balancing more visible, like this:
Code:
			condition = { type = not 
				value = { type = or
			}
		}
It's now more obvious that the value = { type = or line has not been closed.

Putting in very small values as modifier will make the MTTH very small, i.e. increase the chance of the event triggering.

I take it you want to make it less likely for the event to trigger?

Concerning character editing

Thanks for the thread, it will surely be very useful. For now, I have a question to make.

Can I make an event to make appear in my court a character with name and dynasty? Even if its dynasty does not appear in the dynasties file?

I suppose my demesne (I'm using the Spanish version, so I suppose that demesne is my "prestigio", prestige) would be the trigger, attached to a certain date.

I'd like to add some historical "advisers", like in EU3. It gives more "life" and substance to the game, especially for History lovers as me, to see that a famous personage, let's say Thomas Beckett, Roger de Flor, Roger Bacon, William of Okham, Ibn Battuta, Niccolò Machiavelli, Berdrand du Guesclin, Ramon Llull, William of Canterville (yeah, this one's not historical, but...) and so on.

Thanks for any help you can give me. Take care!

Thanks for the thread, it will surely be very useful. For now, I have a question to make.

Can I make an event to make appear in my court a character with name and dynasty? Even if its dynasty does not appear in the dynasties file?

I suppose my demesne (I'm using the Spanish version, so I suppose that demesne is my "prestigio", prestige) would be the trigger, attached to a certain date.

I'd like to add some historical "advisers", like in EU3. It gives more "life" and substance to the game, especially for History lovers as me, to see that a famous personage, let's say Thomas Beckett, Roger de Flor, Roger Bacon, William of Okham, Ibn Battuta, Niccolò Machiavelli, Berdrand du Guesclin, Ramon Llull, William of Canterville (yeah, this one's not historical, but...) and so on.

Thanks for any help you can give me. Take care!

You can let courtiers appear through events, but you can't create them with specific first and last names

If I want to write an event, is it enough to add it into an event pool? Or is there some tag list where I have to add it (and give the event a tag name)?

Also, how does the "mean time to happen" work? If the mean time exceeds the chronological boundaries of the event's condition, what will happen? For example, let's say an event may come to all characters that are zealous - but only between ages 15 to 25 - that is 120 months of time. If the mean time is 1200 months, will the event fire for every 1 in 10 of zealous people of that age as one would expect? Or does the mean time have to be within the boundaries of conditional time for a reason I can't come up with?

You can add an event to any of the existing event files.

But you can also create your own event file, if you do that then you must add the name of that file f.e. Vasilius_Events to C:\Games\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings\db\events.txt, like this

Code:
#
#
# Crusader Kings Events Database
#
#

event = "db\events\Provincial_Structure_Events.txt"
event = "db\events\Provincial_Conversion_Events.txt"
event = "db\events\Global_Diseases_Events.txt"
event = "db\events\Character_Health_Events.txt"
event = "db\events\Character_Development_Events.txt"
[COLOR="Lime"]event = "db\events\Vasilius_Events.txt"[/COLOR]

If an event has an MTTH of f.e 1200 months then each month there is a 1/1200 chance for the event to fire for a certain character (or province).

It doesn't matter if the event can only fire for people from the age of 15 to 25. That time-period has no effect on the MTTH, other then that it limits the number of characters for which the event can fire.

This also doesn't mean that it will fire for 1 in 10 of every character, the event can fire for one character 10 times and for another character never.

Ok, thanks.

I've noticed browsing through event files that they all have ids. Do I have to give an id to an event I add and if so, based on what? And is there anything else needed to do with the ids?

All events must have a unique ID: if there are conflicts they won't work.

The ID is also used in the CSV files to give the event and its options some text.

If you want to make your own events, refer to the Events ID clearing house if you want to find a free range.

For testing a single event or so, you can always use a temporary ID like 20090902 or 197901 -- anything with six digits is extremely unlikely to interfere with existing events.

but why there is a mod for ck 1.05 named CK15inherit in this forum that allows it? What the creator has modify?

You need to be able to mod the exe, with a hex-editor. Of the current people who visit the CK-forum regurlary, nobody knows how to do that.