• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Orlando said:
So are there a fixed number of polls per year or is the polling random?
I am not sure to be honest.

I would say there is between 1 and 4 polls a year, but I have never conducted extensive test to verify...

Cat

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the information. I think if we did get flags in there we could attempt some non-random events, at least, assuming we ever wanted to. Doesn't look like anybody is really inclined in that direction at the moment.

Hey,

For character events is it possible to check conditions of other people in your court. For example I want to see if my wife has not type = fertility value = 1, then the event would fire giving the player an option to:

effect = { type = death value = spouse } :D

Orlando: It's dynamic polling somewhat based on other demands on the processor so there isn't a fixed period or set polling frequency. Very roughly speaking, each event is tested for every available character and province about every 90 days on average. You are correct with regards to the general shape and intent of the event probability curve.

Aquitaine: the event engine doesn't lend itself very well to fixed events in the way that EU2's does. This is very definitely a design decision to avoid predeterminism in the game and that philosophy is (IMO) unlikely to be changed...although it is possible that a flag could be offered at some point in the future.

andrey0: there are a few characters in your court that can be tested in a character event - see the event effects.txt file for details.

I think i got it, I will have an event for female chars that triggers when their fertility is low, this in effect will trigger the option for the husband to plan assasination if he wants to.
But the only prob i c is the fertility trigger, type = fertility value = V, it says V is a float, so what would be a low value for fertility? Would this be fine:
condition = {
type = not
value = {
type = fertility value = 1}
}

MRT:
this is the only one i c in event effects.txt:
type = father_trait value = [trait type]
as well as
type = ruler_child

BTW, it is not possible for the moment to make an event happening on one character by checking condition on another character.

Some combinations to manage to involve more than one character in a chain of events are very difficult to craft properly...

For your first events, keep it simple, and try to make events those apply to the character who fires them ;)

Also, province event cannot fire character event, and vice-versa.

Cat

Cat Lord said:
BTW, it is not possible for the moment to make an event happening on one character by checking condition on another character.

Some combinations to manage to involve more than one character in a chain of events are very difficult to craft properly...

For your first events, keep it simple, and try to make events those apply to the character who fires them ;)

Also, province event cannot fire character event, and vice-versa.

Cat

aww, you mean this isn't going to work?: :eek:

#################################
# Wife Wacking event #
#################################

character_event = {
id = 100001

trigger = {
condition = { type = gender value = female }
condition = {
type = not
value = {
type = fertility value = 1}
}
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
months = 60
}

action_a = {#Try To hide your infidelity
effect = { type = trigger for = spouse value = 100002}
}
}

character_event = {
id = 100002
picture = "event_intrigue"

action_a = {#I have no more use for you
effect = { type = death value = spouse }
}
}

No, in fact it will.

Never realise "spouse" was a valid target char. :eek:

But you are right, it is in event 1194 in Claims_Events.txt...

Code:
action_a = {#Behead her and punish the deceitful man
		ai_chance = 50
		effect = { type = add_title_claim value = random_neighbor }
		effect = { type = death value = spouse }
		effect = { type = add_trait value = vengeful }
	}

Thanks, :)

Cat

What I was having in mind is, for example, events those happen to the ruler, checking the attribute/traits of his Marshal, or any other courtier.

Those combination are not working, because the ruler of a courtier is not his liege (they are not his "vassals" in the game mechanism), and also court position are valid conditions, but they are no target char.

Cat

OK Guys, a question:

Is it possible to fire one-or-more province (or character, I suppose) events from one main event?

I like to write in subroutines if at all possible, you see.

So, I'd like to write a 'top level' event that 'calls' >1 sub-events.

In EU2 or HOI, or Victoria, this was easy enough. Is there an equivalent syntax in CK?

Steve.

There are no "main" event.

There are either character or province events.

You can fire a character event from another character event, providing you use:

- either the character ID (which is useless apart at the beginning of scenario when you know a character exists and which ID he has)

- a valid [target char] (see the list in event_effect.txt, the list is slightly incomplete)

You cannot fire a province event from another province event (but there are "spread" events from provinces to provinces)

You cannot fire a province event from a character event (but there is a syntax to have effect on provinces of you are a ruler)

You cannot fire a character event from a province event (but there is a syntax to have some effect on the province's ruler).

Cat

Another question:
What's with the event desription?
Is it like in other games "name = description" or must it be in the
event_text.csv(i hope not ;) )?

Wilhelm II. said:
Another question:
What's with the event desription?
Is it like in other games "name = description" or must it be in the
event_text.csv(i hope not ;) )?
Alas, it's only in the .csv file.

But you shouldn't be using event_text.csv, but extra_text.csv instead.

Cheers,

Cat

Orlando said:
For what I've tried, you can do it either way :)
Oh good ! :)

I am wrong then :eek:o

Cat

PS: In fact I think I never tried in CK, I always used the .csv file, because our events will get translated at some point... :p

Cat Lord said:
Oh good ! :)

I am wrong then :eek:o

Cat

PS: In fact I think I never tried in CK, I always used the .csv file, because our events will get translated at some point... :p
Does this mean we will get more events with next patch/DEM?
Would be a cool thing! :)

Another important question -> Is there currently an event command to end a crusade(like crusade=no or end)?
If not it would be great if it will be added with next DEM!

Wilhelm II. said:
Another important question -> Is there currently an event command to end a crusade(like crusade=no or end)?
If not it would be great if it will be added with next DEM!
Crusades are hard-coded, not triggered or ended by events.

Cat

Cat Lord said:
There are no "main" event.

There are either character or province events.

You can fire a character event from another character event, providing you use:

- either the character ID (which is useless apart at the beginning of scenario when you know a character exists and which ID he has)

- a valid [target char] (see the list in event_effect.txt, the list is slightly incomplete)

You cannot fire a province event from another province event (but there are "spread" events from provinces to provinces)

You cannot fire a province event from a character event (but there is a syntax to have effect on provinces of you are a ruler)

You cannot fire a character event from a province event (but there is a syntax to have some effect on the province's ruler).

Cat
Oh. Bother :(