• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

chegitz guevara

Lord of the Horizons
64 Badges
May 14, 2001
www.absynthe.biz
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
Windows XP Pro, SP 1
AMD 1900+
nVidia TNT 2
512 Meg ram
EUII 1.08
AGCEEP 1.27
Coward
Very Hard

The purpose of this AAR is not to entertain but to help develop and fix the OE for the ACGEEP mod. I will not use any cheats. I will modify the dip sliders as I see fit. I will chose only Option A for events (to model the ai), including random and fantasy events. I will make a couple of changes to the start up to fix some bugs (a couple missing cores in Smyrna and Antalya at start), but will not make any other changes I proposed in this thread.

edit: I changed my mind. To model the ai, I'm not going to touch the dp sliders.

I will try and keep my BB low and my stab high while trying to achieve the OE's historical borders.

I imagine this will be a somewhat tedious read since I will note almost everything I do, every event, relations, traders, diplomats, etc.

Please try to limit commentary to pointing out problems and errors, including with my play.

**** New game started ******

Last edited:
Let's see how it develops. I don't remember I ever saw any "technical" AAR. Anyway, good luck!

And so it begins

At start
250 gold
15,000 inf, 10,000 cav, 40 cannon
Albania, Bosnia, Karaman, and Wallachia as vassals (as they were historically).
Byzatines, Candar, and Ghazi, who were also all vassals historically, are not at start.
Albania & Wallachia are in alliance with OE.
+2 stab
1 diplomat
Dip settings: P/A 7, D/C 2, N/I 6, FT/M 7, DD/OD 7, N/L 7, Ql/Qn 3, FS/S 4
Religous sliders: set Sunni and Orthodox to max
Budget: maxed stability, -3.7 gold a turn (with military maintence halved).

Starting relations with AkKoyunlu seems ahistorically high (+150). OE tried to conquer White Sheep around 1400 and only the invasion of the Timurids stopped the OE. Suggest -50 or more.

===================
Jan 1, 1419
Sent diplomat to Ghazi to invite to alliance to keep Byzantines from declaring war on them and taking a province.

Aug 25, 1419, enter royal marriage with Qara Koyunlu. (Serbia has an alliance with Hungary, and I don't want to risk my alliance with Bosnia and Wallachia declaring war on Serbia. If I wait, war will come to me.)

Nov 3, 1419, Trade Tech now 1, will send two traders to Kutch over next few days. Both successful.

Dec 6, 1419, Got another trader, sent to Kutch.

====================
Jan 1, 1420
156 Gold (that's what comes from sending traders to Kutch at 20g a pop)

Jan 9, 1420 RM with Mamelukes.

Apr, 1420, sent another trader to Kutch. Now have four traders generating 13g a year. If I don't lose any traders I should recover my 80g in a little over six years.

Jul, 1420, stab reaches +3, put whole budget into infrastructure, will get level one by Sep and can make a bailiff or two. Trade now generating 17.71g a year.

July 25, 1420, RM Oman.

Aug 2, 1420, sent trader to Kutch, failed. :(

Oct 2, begin making tax collector in Angora, my only Sunni province. I am down to 35g, and will likely have to take a loan in the next year (if my other games are anything to go by).

===========================

Jan, 1421
37g
put budget 100% to Land tech. Will get level 2 in Aug 1430. Not gonna spend any money this year to try and hold off getting a loan as long as possible.

Apr 27, RM Tunisia.

May 27, 1421, Conquests of Murad II happen. Bosnia and Albania become cores.

Jul 24, 1421, Pretender to the Throne happens. Apparently someone has changed this event, as you no longer get war with Byzantium (either that or I've been unlucky 3 games in a row and Byzantium chose option B). Unhistorical.

Oct, 1421, Last of rebels defeated. Out of money.

Dec 17, Canceling mil access with Byzantium. Put budget 100% on stability.

Last edited:
A Time for War

Jan 1422, I have a whopping 16g.
Sent 4 traders to Alexandria. 2 successful, knocked out 1 Knights and 1 Cyprus trader. Down to 0g.

Oct 2, 1422, Declare war on Byzantines (only getting 1 dip a year). Morea declares war on me. I don't ask for help of allies. Forgot to prepare for war by raising maintenance until too late. Raised war taxes.

Nov 27, 1422, defeated Byzantines in Thrace. Byantines pillage Rumelia, then march to Bulgaria and Macedonia without damaging either.

=================================

Jan 1423, 49g

March 23, 1423, Thrace falls.

March 28, 1423, Send merchant to Kutch. Successful, but lose a merchant four days later (May 2) to Mysore. :mad:

Apr 3, 1423, Byzantines annexed. Gathering forces in Macedonia to march on Morea. Plan to vassalize it. The 17 Byzantine ships seem to have vanished. :mad:

Apr 16, Fate of the Patriachate, option A, -1 stab, +100 relations with Russia, Serbia, Novgorod, Trebezond, +1 inovative. Normally I would chose option C, for the +300g and -1 narrowminded. This is an historically and logically whacked event. Logically, by maintaining the Patriarchate, the Ottomans should gain the loyalty of their Orthodox subjects. Historically, when the OE took Istabul, the Patriachate was empty. The OE re-established the Patriarchate and made it responsible for the Orthodox. It's being empty assumes that the Unification of Churches event happened, but 1423 is way too early for that.

May 1, 1423, we are forced to take a loan. I take this opportunity to send a couple merchants to Kutch. Success!

June, 1423, 2 traders to Samarkand (13g a pop). Both successful! 24.42g a year in trade in Kutch and Samarkand.

Aug 9, 1423, Morea defeated in Morea. Raised war taxes.

Sept 27, Hungary and Luxemburg declare war on Bosnia. Albania, Wallachia, Ghazi, and OE join the war.

Oct 16, 1423, Meteor sited. -1 stab. I'm now at 0 stab.

Nov 1, 1423, Now at +1 stab.

=========================
Jan 1424, 127g

Jan 1, 1424, Great Military Reforms. Option A.

Jan 7, Serbia declares war on Bosnia. Wallachia breaks the alliance.

Apr 3, 1424, Morea becomes OE vassals and pays 25g

Jun 24, 1424, OE takes over seige in Kosovo.

Nov 5, 1424, Kosovo falls. Military is down to 5500 cav and 37 cannon. I have 75g, begin building 9000 inf in Macedonia for 72g. Bosnia and Wallachia are under seige by Hungarians.

========================

Jan 1425, 57g

Jan 5, 1425, Bosnia ends its vassalization to OE. With any luck, the Hungarians will capture Bosnia so I can take it from them, though it's a nasty Catholic prov.

Feb 8, 1425, Serbia makes peace with Bosnia for 24g, and Kosovo to OE. :D

I gather my forces in Bulgaria and wait. Wallachia and Bosnia will fall soon, and I can grab them from Hungary.

Feb 14, Sheik ul-Islam instited. +3 stab, -1 innovative. Now at +3 stab. Shift budget to Land 100%.

Apr 24, 1425, Sent two more traders to Samarkand. Both successful. Five merchants in Samarkand, four in Kutch, bringing in 2.1g monthly.

May 20, Wallachia annexed by Hungary.

July 3, OE defeats Luxemburg (size 1 army) in Wallachia and initaites seige.

July 19, Gift to State +100g :D Begin building 14000 inf for 112g.

Oct 3, OE captures Wallachia, 1st Army moves towards Banat. Raised war taxes.

Oct 10, Bosnia annexed by Hungary.

Nov, defeated two Hungarian armies in Banat. Moving Imperial army to Bosnia.

Dec 7, Luxemburg defeated in Banat. Hungary offers 52g, I refuse.

=======================

1426, 45g size 30 Hungarian army in Wallachia.

Jan 9, Absorption of Aydin, +1 centralization. Smryna to OE.

May 16, Banat falls to OE, Wallachia to Hungary. :mad:

Aug 17, Bosnia falls to OE, Hungary seiging Banat with size 46 army, raised war taxes.

Nov 27, laying seige to Wallachia.

================================

1427, 73g

Jan 1, begin buiding 9000 inf in Thrace.

Feb 7, Hungary offers Bosnia and 72g. I take the deal. As Banat is about to fall to the Hungarians. Relgious sliders changed to equalize Catholic with Sunni and Orthodox. With my +9 war exhaustion, I have rougly +3 revolt all over my empire. I have a respectable reputation. Time to sit around and do nothing for a while.

Feb, send six merchants to Alexandria with the 24g I get from Hungary. 2 succeful. Generating 2.6gpm.

Feb 13, City of Men's Desire, Thrace becomes capital, +2 stab (not that I need it), Thrace, Anatolia, Smyrna become Turkish and Sunni. Historically, Smyrna remained Greek and Orthodox up to the 20th Century. Instead of Smyrna, I recommend replacing it with Macedonia, which was largely Turkish until this last century.

March 23, Economic Reforms of Murad II, Break the agreements, gain a CoT in Thrace, +2 Merchantilism, +6 traders (but no money to send them anywhere).

Apr 8, RM Tlemcen.

1428, 35g

Mar, send 6 merchants to Thrace at 2g a piece. four successful, two fail, five merchants in Thrace. 2.9gpm.

May, had to extend loan. It's at 7%.

Jun, drop military maintanence to 50%, 1.6gpm.

Aug, lvl 2 in Land, move budget to trade.

1429 Current Status.
+36g
Tech levels: Land 2, Navy 1, Stab 3, Trade 1, Infra 1.
Dip sliders: P/A 7, D/C 3, N/I 6, FT/M 9, DD/OD 8, N/L 8, Qn/Ql 3, FS/S 4
5% interest.
1 tax collector in Angora.
Albania, Karaman, and Morea are vassals.
Alliance with Albania and Ghazi.
2 traders, 6 dips, 5 inquistors
17000 inf, 2900 cav, 37 guns could support size 37 army.

Last edited:
Analysis of 1st 10 years

Starting out, the OE has a slight disadvantage with stablity. It starts with one non-state culture (in Dobruja, which was changed to Slavonic in 1.08, but is Romanian in AGCEEP) and only ONE province with the state religion (Angora). With it's 6 innovative and 4 free subjects (which are both justified historically), the OE has a difficult time regaining lost stability. It took me two years, from Dec 1421 to Oct 1423 to regain 1 stability point. It was another year and a half and via event before I regained all my stabilty.

With the current setup, it's way too easy for the OE to take Thrace historically early. Morea shouldn't be a seperate country, seeing as it was ruled by the Emperor's brother. This will force the OE to have to have two seperate wars to take Byzantium. The Pretender to the Throne event should also force the OE into war with Gahzi and Karaman, as well as the BE.

Historically, I'm ahead of the OE, controling Thrace and Bosnia well before the real OE did. At this stage of the game, I'm doing well.

edit: I changed my mind. To model the ai, I'm not going to touch the dp sliders.
Much better.

Apr 3, 1423, Byzantines annexed. Gathering forces in Macedonia to march on Morea. Plan to vassalize it. The 17 Byzantine ships seem to have vanished.
As they should, since you military annexed.

Apr 16, Fate of the Patriachate, option A, -1 stab, +100 relations with Russia, Serbia, Novgorod, Trebezond, +1 inovative. Normally I would chose option C, for the +300g and -1 narrowminded. This is an historically and logically whacked event. Logically, by maintaining the Patriarchate, the Ottomans should gain the loyalty of their Orthodox subjects. Historically, when the OE took Istabul, the Patriachate was empty. The OE re-established the Patriarchate and made it responsible for the Orthodox. It's being empty assumes that the Unification of Churches event happened, but 1423 is way too early for that.
I agree it could be better. Any suggestion what can be done? I would prefer an event that could work both before and after Unification of the Churches event, to not make an OE wait for the Unification of the Churches or make sure he takes Istanbul before.

chegitz guevara said:
Starting out, the OE has a slight disadvantage with stablity. It starts with one non-state culture (in Dobruja, which was changed to Slavonic in 1.08, but is Romanian in AGCEEP) and only ONE province with the state religion (Angora). With it's 6 innovative and 4 free subjects (which are both justified historically), the OE has a difficult time regaining lost stability. It took me two years, from Dec 1421 to Oct 1423 to regain 1 stability point. It was another year and a half and via event before I regained all my stabilty.

With the current setup, it's way too easy for the OE to take Thrace historically early. Morea shouldn't be a seperate country, seeing as it was ruled by the Emperor's brother. This will force the OE to have to have two seperate wars to take Byzantium. The Pretender to the Throne event should also force the OE into war with Gahzi and Karaman, as well as the BE.

Historically, I'm ahead of the OE, controling Thrace and Bosnia well before the real OE did. At this stage of the game, I'm doing well.
A very cynical Sultan sacrificing his allies and vassals. :D
Why should Pretender to the Throne make OE declare war on Gahzi and Karaman, I'm not aware of he historical background? BE as vassal from the start would delay it somewhat, unless they brake it of course.

Norrefeldt said:
(Re: ships disappearing) As they should, since you military annexed.

Is this new?

I agree it could be better. Any suggestion what can be done?

I made one in one of the old EEP threads. I'll put a new suggestion in the Ottoman AGCEEP thread.

Why should Pretender to the Throne make OE declare war on Gahzi and Karaman, I'm not aware of he historical background? BE as vassal from the start would delay it somewhat, unless they brake it of course.

One of the old Paradox events (IIRC) had Teke declaring war on the OE during the 1421-3 war. In the Inheritience of Germiyan event, the text reads that that state declared war against the OE during that war as well, and in Lord Kinross' The Ottoman Centuries it mentions that Karaman supported one of Murad's borthers and attacked the Ottomans. It was the attack by Karaman that saved Constantinople, btw. Since The Byzantines weren't a threat, Murad made peace with them effectively making them vassals, and ran off to deal with the ghazis and Kamanli.

Relax and regroup.

Starting in 1429, there are four provs with shields still yet to take: Serbia, Albania, Antalya, and Candar. Albania and Antalya belong to allies, and the later will be inherited by event. Albania could be inherited with an Action B later on, but I'm not taking that option (and wouldn't if I hadn't limited myself, as it makes Albania Sunni which means a possibility of Albania converting the province). Candar has taken Trebezond, Georgia and some Central Asian prov, so I'll need to wait for a while before taking them on, if I don't want to rack up my BB. That leaves Serbia, with whom I have a truce until March 1430. So I'll wait, as I'm trying not to upset my stability.

=====================

1429 36g

Jan
Sending two traders to Flanders at 5g a pop. Neither got in.

Feb 1, Inherited Germyan. Antalya is added to the OE. +1 centralization

Feb 7 Absorption of Aydin, Mentese, and Teke happens. +2 centralization, as well as increasing the manpower and taxation of Antalya and Smyrna. Historically this occured in 1426. These events, alon with the setup and absorption of Ghazi need to be reworked. This event was written by me before there was a Ghazi. I would suggest moving the manpower and taxation events to the appropriate annexation events, and taking the centralization out of the annexation events.

Mar 2, Germiyan happens. See comments of Feb 7. Total centralization now 8, which is ahistorically high.

Jun 1, Trade lvl now 2. Send two traders (over time) to Flanders. Both fail. Increased tech brings trade gpm up to 3.9.

Jul 20, RM Morroco.

=============================

1430, 53g

Jan 1, Upgrade a tax collector in Thrace. Move budget to Infra. Should hit lvl 2 May 1431.

Apr 7, Split armies and put Hamza Bey in charge of of invasion of Serbia. Raise maintenence to 100%.

Apr 25, Albania declares war on Athens. War with Serbia put off to crush Athens.

Aug 7, war taxes raised.

Dec 10, Hellas falls. If I vassalize them, Albania will probably just conquer them, so I annex them, and will release them as a vassal. Begin moving troops north to attack Serbia.

====================

1431, 125g

Jan 1, upgrade tax collectors in Anatolia and Smyrna. Send two traders to Thrace, three to Venice. One success in Thrace (5), one in Venice.

Jan 17, release Athens as vassal after my troops leave their territory, so I don't have to worry about attrition. Athens is now an Orthodox country, instead of Catholic. RM Yemen. Invited Athens to alliance but refused.

Feb 12, DoW Serbia. Don't ask Albania to join.

March 20, Albania declares war on Athens. I refuse to join. -1 stab. :mad:

May, lvl 2 Infrastructure, move slider 100% stab, should hit +3 in Sept.

Aug 11, annexed Serbia, raised war taxes.

Dec, stab to +3

======================

1432, 187g.

Jan 6, upgrade tax collectors in Antalya, Bulgaria, and Macedonia. Sent two traders to Samarkand. Back up to five in Samarkand.

Jan 22, asked Albania and Karaman to create new alliance, both rejected.

May 17, Albania annexes Athens.

May 30, Venice declares war on Albania. Maybe Albania will take Scutari and will convert both Albanian provs to Sunni. :cool:

Sep 1, Unhappiness Among Merchants, -300 trade.

=============================

1433, 87g

Jan 6, upgrade tax collector in Bosnia. Two merchants to Kutch (brings total to 4).

Oman keeps offering me to enter their alliance. No thanks. I'll stick with Mediterranian allies.

Mar 2, offer to create alliance with Tlemcen, rejected. :(

May, extend loan, dropped interest rate to 6%.

Nov, lvl 2 naval, move slider to 100% land, expect to hit lvl 3 Nov 1447.

====================

1434, 103g

Jan 5, Upgrade tax collector in Serbia, send six merchants to Flanders, 2 successful.

Feb 2, create new alliance with Tunisia. Tunsia is getting smarcked down by Tlemcen, and Morroco allies with Tlemcen. There goes my dreams of a North African alliance.

Feb 14, Cities Demand Old Rights, -1 Centralization.

====================

1435, 106g

Jan 6, Events (Abu Ame Uthman Comes to Rule) make Tlemcen a vassal of Tunisia . . . while they are at war. That needs to be fixed.

Jan 13, upgrade tax collectors in Kosovo and Rumelia.

Nov 2, Morea declares war on Albania. What's with my vassals beating up on each other?

Nov 18, exceptional year, +100g -5% inflation :D

====================
1436, 202g total

Jan, send six merchants to Azerbaijan (3). That leaves me with 140g, so I'm gonna build my military up to my support level of 37. No sense inviting wars. Add 8000 cav for 128g.

====================
1437, 116g
Jan send three merchants to Azerbaijan (5).

Feb 20, Morroco rejects alliance. RM Hedjaz.

Oct 18, Noted Diplomat, -150g Monarch skills +4 diplomacy for 60 months, +1 diplomat, +3 inflation, various relations changed. Forces me to take a loan.

Nov 2, Morroco again rejects alliance.

====================
1438, 190g
I have a loan coming up, so I'm gonna push my treasury for a couple turns.

Jun 3, first loan paid. Still have another loan at 6%.

====================
122g w/ 1 loan
4.7 gpm trade income
5 merchants
6 diplomats
6 inquisitors
14600 inf, 9800 cav, 37 guns, 3 warships
Land 2, Naval 2, Stab 3, Trade 2, Infra 2
P/A 7, D/C 7, N/I 6, FT/M 9, DD/OD 8, N/L 8, Qn/Ql 3, FS/S 4
4 traders in Kutch (18.74), 4 Samarkand (15.14), 1 Alexandria (3.38), 5 Azerbaijan (14.37), 3 Thrace (4.24)
5.3% inflation
Albania, Konya, & Morea are vassals.
Alliance with Tunisia.

Last edited:
Analysis of 2nd 10 years

This was a pretty easy time for me. Two minor wars early on gave me a vassal in Athens and control of Serbia. Spent most of the rest of the time upgrading bailiffs to tax collectors and by the end of the ten years, my yearly taxes went from 36 to 122, almost quadrupled. Trade income went from 2.9gpm to 4.7. Inflation is almost the same thanks to event.

The OE is now a strong country on land, but at sea it's negligible. Tunisia can't expect much help other than monetarily should it need me. I had hoped to create an alliance in North Africa, but that doesn't seem to be possible as Tlemcen is a vassal of Tunisia and Morocco hates Tunisia.

Candar is still out of reach, with those extra provs, plus the one over in Central Asia. Because it's a colony prov, it can't revolt away. :rolleyes:

Stability is high and only dropped because of Albania's DoW on my vassal. I was gonna take a hit either way.

Historically, I'm only slightly over the OE's boundries, as Bosnia and Serbia both fell to the OE in the 1430s. When the OE was defeated in the 1440s, both countries were freed and became Hungarian vassals.

After I pay off that loan, I will try and convert Bosnia, to rid myself of Catholocism. The less revolts the better.

The OE has some strong potential enemies in Hungary, with its large alliance and with Candar, Qara Koyunlu, and the Mamelukes in another.

The OE doesn't get any more cores for over a decade so for the next period, I'll still pretty much be building the OE economically via trading and converting Christians.

Crusade Against the Turks

1439, 122g
Jan sent five traders to Alexandria, none succeeded.

==================

1440, 116g
Jan 5, the vassalage of Karaman ended. Began building 1000 cav to bring military up to support limit. Sent three traders to Samarkand (4).

May 13, Temporary Insanity of Monarch (this seems to pop up an awful lot).

Jun, sent to traders to Samarkand (5)

Jul 21, Hungary has Crusade Against the Turk and declares war. Yikes! But fortunately their alliance has deserted them, just me and Tunisia against Hungary. I should be able to slap them silly. I split my army and send half to Wallachia and half to Croatia (changed to Banat when a 31 size Hungarian army led by Hunyadi shows up in Bosnia).

Aug 30, HOLY CRUD! Poland, Lithuania, Venice, the Pope, the Knights and Wirtemburg (can't hit me) all declare war via event or alliance. Doubleplus ungood! Time to raise war taxes. Poland has mil access through Moldavia, so I'll need some troops in Dobrouja. Meanwhile, where will the Italians and Knights show up?

=======================
1441, 262 gold
Jan 14, start building 15000 inf and 8000 cav in Thrace.

Apr 24, Banat falls.

Apr 29, Wallachia falls. What to do about Hunyadi? Confront him with Hamza Bey or avoid him.

July 4, defeated Venice off the coast of Rhodes.

Aug 8, lost a battle against Venice in Bosnia.

Oct 9, Bosnia falls to Venice.

Dec 5, capture Maros.

Dec 7, Hungarians recover Banat.

============

1442, 185g

Jan 4, Death of Jon Kastroti, choice a, Put Hassan Bey in charge.

Jan 7, defeat Venice in Bosnia.

Jan 15, Invited Albania to join alliance and she accepted. Lost battle to Hungary in Pest. Build 18000 inf in Bulgaria.

Jan 25, Morea declares war on Albania. I honor the alliance and lost 3 stab. Tunisia dishonors.

May 10, Offer peace to Hungary for Wallachia, Hungary accepts. Budget 100% stability.

=================

1443 133g (with war taxes)

Jan 11, white peace with Poland.

Mar 26, destroyed Ventian army in Kosovo. Released Wallachia as vassal.

Sep 28, Insanity of the Monarch (argh!)

Nov, Albanian independence happens, send 6 merchants to Thrace (4).

==================

1444, 137g

March 1, stab +1, Venice offers 156g for peace, I accept

May 30, Skanderbeg steals my seige of Morea and annexes it.

Sep, build 10000 inf, 3000 cav.

===================

1445, 58g, loss of stab has really hurt.

Oct 1, gvt of Hungary falls, Croatia declares independence, revolt in Antalya combination of war exhaustion and low stab.

Nov 25, Temporary Insanity of Monarch!

===================

1446, 81g

Jan, send four traders to Samarkand (3).

Jun 1, stab +1 (2) send two merchants to Thrace (5).

===================

1447, 105g

Jul 3, End of a Great Feud happens +1 stab (3), but the -50g may keep us from paying back loan.

===================

1448, 317g loan paid, 117g

Jan 5, RM Mamelukes, send 2 traders to Azerbaijan both failed, 3 to Alexandria (2).

Jan 21, add 8000 inf.

Jun 1, Create new alliance with Qara Koyunlu. Not ideal, but they are pretty tough.

Jul, send two merchants to Thrace (5).

Oct 26, Join Qaras in their war against the Timurids. A chance to pick up some of Central Asia. Woo!

====================

1449, 279g
11.1% inflation
no loans
3.4 gpm trade.
L 2, N2, S3, T2, I2
P/A 7, D/C 7, N/I 6, FT/M 9, DD/OD 8, N/L 8, Qn/Ql 3, FS/S 4 (unchanged)
1 trader, 1 diplomat, 6 inquisitors
Manpower 40, supportable armies 63.
24000 inf, 12500 cav, 25 guns, 3 warships
One vassal Wallachia
One ally, Qara Koyunlu.
At war with the Timurids.

Last edited:
Analysis of 3rd 10 years

That was not easy. By the end of the decade I recovered to where I had started (though with twice the inflation and 1 war exhaustion). Never got around to converting Bosnia because after the wars, my stablity was so low that I couldn't afford it.

Albania has three provinces now, and will require two wars to take out once the cores for Athens and Morea come in.

The Conquests of Murad II are coming up, so the OE should get to grow a little more. With the war against the Timurids, I'm gonna try and pick up some of Central Asia, so I can attack Candar from all sides later. This is gonna be rough on my BB.

The Chinese have a trading post on Socotara. :wacko:

1449, 279g

Jan, build 17000 inf in Angora, 8000cav in Anatolia. Raise maintenence to 100%.

Most of 1449 I have my cav running around the Timurid empire capturing unfortified towns. My inf and guns go to Lut and capture it while my cav manage to capture Herat, just after it becomes the capital of the Timurids when Transoxania revolts away.

Dec 1, Bulgaria revolts

=====================
1450, 243g

July 2, Nobel Famlies Feud, Side with one family, 2 revolts in Smyrna.

Sep 19, lose battle to Bulgaria revolters :(

Oct 13, Bukhara falls. I now control Birjand, Bukhara, Herat, Kara Kum, Kerman, Lut, & Meched. I send my cav led by Hamza Bey to capture Hormuz and Murad II with his inf and guns to capture Khorasan.

Dec 1, AUGH! The Timurid government has fallen!!!! Seven provinces @ 3 BB, oh bloody hell! I went from slightly tarnsihed to a rather bad reputation. Afganistan revolts away to quickly, and isn't Transoxiana a Greek state? I wonder if it would be better to have double or triple nationalism in territories you gain from turbo annexing, rather than triple BB.

Dec 7, Ask for mil access from the Qaras, since I'll need to move my troops back.

=====================
1451, 195g (that's odd, my stab is 3 and I have seven new provs.)

Jan 22, begin seige of Bulgaria. I have five war exhaustion and an RR of 5%. Begin building 21000 inf in Thrace, since I want to scare off the BB wars.

Feb 3, the Conquests of Murad II happen. Adds cores. Now I can smash Candar, Karaman, and Albania.

May 6, Qaras declare war on the Golden Horde, Uzbeks and Chagatai join the war. I honor the alliance, but I'm not happy, as my war exhaustion is rather high.

Aug 1, land tech 3
=====================

1452, 231g

Jan 2, Kyzlykum falls.

Jan 29, build 12000 cav to send to fight the Uzbeks.

March 4, accept Khiva, Khwarizm, Turkmenistan & 26g from Uzbeks + 48g from Golden Horde (they both made peace offers at the same time). I don't think I want to be in an alliance with the Qaras.

Apr 1, Khwarizm and Bukhara revolt., I have 11% RR in Central Asia.

Jun 25, Unhappiness AMong the Artisans, execute the trouble makers.

=====================
1453, 96g

Feb send two merchants each to Thrace (4/5), Alexandria (2/3), and Azerbaijan (3/3).

May 15, Foreign Drill Instructor available. Ack, -250g, +1 OD, +1 Ql. And two loans.

Dec, send two merchants to Azerbaijan (4/5)

=====================

1454, 145g

Jan put buget 100% money so I can send an inquisitor to Bosnia (61%). Need to get rid of those Catholics now that I have four Shiite provs I didn't want.

Jun 4, Enthusiasm for the Army, gain 5000 cav. Preparing to attack Candar now that my War exhaustion is gone. And maybe I can get rid of the Qaras as allies. Send two traders to Kutch (2/3)

Jul 29, RM Telmcen.

Sep 6, Declare war on Kandar, -1 stab, Qaras join the war. Hazan Bey goes to Karabogaz, Mehmet to Candar, and another army to Trebezond.

Dec 18, Imperial College Instituted. Found the Enderun, -400g (two more loans) +1 C, -1 A, +2 Ql, -1 stab, +250 infra, con center in Thrace. Eek. I am on the verge of going bankrupt if another nasty event happens along.

===================
1455, 246g

Feb 20, Inquisitor to Kosovo (62%), need to get rid of some alien religions.

Mar 6, Bulgaria revolts.

Apr 14, Entusiasm ft Navy, 5 warships in Rumelia

Jun 13, lose battle in Bulgaria, damn peasants

Jul 15, Kastamonu falls, marchin on Trebezond (Qaras took the seige from me, now I'm taking it back.

====================
1546, 260g

Feb 9, +10 mine Bosnia, Candar surrenders, Trebezond & Karabogaz to me, Georgia to the Qaras, +75g. Meanwhile I'm chasing a rebel army across Persia.

May 19, build 21000 inf in Thrace.

Jul 3, Fiscal Policies of Mehmet II, +900g, +6 inflation, +1 C, -1 A, -1 stab, tax collector in Hormuz (great). Send 2 traders to Flanders (0/1), Kutch (3/4), and Veneto (0/1). Trade is at 5.6 gpm.

Sep, build 16000 inf, 5000 cav in Thrace. Thrace has 44000 inf, 22000 cav, 14 guns, 8 warship.

=====================

1457, 544g I'd like to go on a converting spree, but I need the money to pay off loans in May 58.

March 7, Commissioning of a Great Mosque, no -20 victory points (whew, though the +2 stab would have been nice).

Apr 2, +1 stab Preparing to invade Albania and grab Athens and Morea.

May 19, Invade Albania, 16000 men to Abania, 33000 to Hellas.

Nov 17, Hellas falls.

======================

1458, 611g guess I'll get to pay those loans

Feb 4, Kara Kum revolts.

March 25, Morea falls

Apr 22, Corruption, Try to Eliminate Problem, -100g, -1 stab.

Jun, two loans paid off

Jun 17, Bosnia converts! Yay!

Jun 24, Albania falls

Aug, 2 merchants to Venice (1/2)

================

1459, 105g
24.3% inflation, two outstanding loans, 5.3gpm trade
L3, N2, S0, T2, I2
P/A 5(7), D/C 9(7), N/I 6(6), FT/M 9(9), DD/OD 9(8), N/L 8(8), Qn/Ql 6(3), FS/S 4(4)
2 traders, 6 diplomats, 6 inquisitors
49 Manpower, 81 supportable
34000 inf, 24000 cav, 8 guns, 8 warship
Wallachia still a vassal
Qaras still an ally
At peace

Analysis of 4th 10 years

Well, I almost doubled the size of the Empire accidentally. I got unlucky and Turbo-annexed 7 provs, at least four of which I had no intention of taking. Nasty Shite provs. At this point, my BB is so bad it would take two centuries to get it someplace nice. I'm no longer going to worry about it.

As a player, I'm kinda unhappy that the Turcoman aren't Turkish, but it would make me very powerful right now. Hell, I am very powerful right now. This is highly ahistorical, but it was not intentional.

Candar and Albania have been knocked down to size. With the provs from them and the Uzbeks, the OE went from 12 provinces to 26 in ten years.

Stability is going to be a huge problem, since it is unlikely I will be able to convert away all those Shiites. Plus there's a possibility of bringing more in with Timurid revolts. Luckily Bosnia was converted, so I don't have to worry about Catholics for a while.

After playing the next ten years, it's pretty clear that I'm terminally screwed in this game. I'm unable to recover from the 21BB and still try to extend to historical boundries. In order to shed all the BB I picked up I'd need to lose 21 provinces, which would pretty much mean ll my neighbos were big and tough while I was small and weak. I'll be starting over.

Mighty fine work, it is that you do, basically helping fix OE in AGCEEP. We can all pitch in and give some events, but foolproofing it while playing through it is a totally different thing already.

Good going.