• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The first ever Bohemia.

I have started (earlier in July) a Prussian AAR called Fire Warms the Northern Lands:

It is 1.03b + DR's Germanic mod (7/24 I think), normal/moderate settings, no cheats, brutally honest admission of stupidity ;) , GC (36-50 so far and ongoing).

Barring devourment by France... or Russia... or Austria... or (you get the idea) I plan on continuing until 1920

My Ethiopian AAR is up to 1858, my Bukkhara AAR is up to 1840.

I know you're quite busy, but it seems as if you haven't updated the LibrAARy in two months.

You are quite right anonymous. I will try to get on that soon...he says hoping he meant it :rolleyes:

***Attention***

I am in the process of updating Vickie's LibrAARy for the previous two months. I have decided to revert to the original cut-off of one month to decide if an AAR is abandoned due to the high number we seem to have had over the previous months.

If you have one that you plan on continuing with, then please do so and it will be adjusted accordingly in the next update.

Now, this is a bit of a rant, so please excuse me outright, but...if you start an AAR, try and finish the bugger. Or at least let the crowd know that you will not be continuing. Dates are also helpful from time to time, outside of using screenshots to get that info to the crowd.

And if you abandon an AAR, please think twice before starting a new one just to do the same thing. I don't want to make anyone feel like they shouldn't write one or it's unwanted, but please think about the level of commitment you might have for it. I want to include as many AARs as possible in our librAARy, but I simply cannot if you only made two posts and then quit. And then to see that same person do that two or three times in a month or two span... :wacko:

Just something to think about when thinking about writing an AAR. Anyway, I will be adding July's AARs over the weekend and then updating the country listing. Stop by periodically to make sure that the information was entered correctly. And feel free to let me know by way of PM or here if you want yours removed or something needs correcting. Thanks.

Your Assistant LibrAARian,
coz1

OK, the author section has been updated fully so make sure to check in and make sure you work has been entered correctly. Lot's of work to include over the last two months - 46 AARs to be exact. :D

And allow me one more rant - DATES folks. And I mean outside of screenshots. Please try and use dates in your posts, and not just for me, but for the readAAR too. You don't need to detail them each time, but within a few posts of one another - it would be most helpful.

There are several entries that I used a "??" for the dates simply because I could not find one listed within the last few pages. If you want that changed, feel free to let me know. But please start using them in your posts. Please. :)

Your Assistant librAARian,
coz1

Ummm . . . I don't see where you posted. :eek:o
Can you help me out please?

Josh - I just edit the existing posts rather than create new ones. The librAARy has sections set up for alphabetical listings and country listings. When I update, I simply include them along side what is already there (take a look and notice that your Swedish AAR is now included under the "G-L" section.) And I have the country listings to go...ooof. :wacko: ;)

Good luck! Thanks for the help.

It's my pleasure, Josh. :)

Just to let the folks know, the country listing has now been updated as well. I will wait until the weekend is over to ask Stroph to lock the librAARy again, so let me know if anything is incorrect or you wish something changed.

And great work over the last two months folks! A ton of great stories to add to the mix. :D

Also wanted to announce that the first round of VictAARian Cross winners has been added to that post, and we should also be seeing the second round (that is Best Completed AAR, Nov. 2003-June 2004) up and running soon. :D You will note that I have also noted winners alongside their AARs in both the country listing and the author listing (and will continue to do so as we have more.)

And as a question: How do the membAARs feel about the high number of abandoned AARs? Do they belong in the librAARy? And what should be the qualification to including them or not?

Right now, I include an abandoned AAR if there was a good attempt made at first (that is something of substance and more than just a post or two.) I hate to see some good writing, or possibly helpful hints discarded just because someone decided not to continue.

But you might be interested to know that of the 223 AARs listed, 97 of them are listed as abandoned (with 4 betas, 52 ongoing AARs and 59 completed - the rest are either on hold, had a CTD or the files were lost.)

I would be willing to prune the librAARy the next time I update if we, as a group, can decide on good qualifications for what belongs and what does not. Feel free to make your suggestions here. I will read them and try to come up with something uniform for the next update. Or we can just leave it as is if everyone likes it that way.

Some of the abandoned ones are entertaining, so I don't see any big reason to strip them out. It might be a good idea to do something particular to set aside ones which were abandoned after 1 or 2 posts -- because they clutter up the LibrAARy otherwise, but some of them are more entertaining while they last than others which go the full 84.

Just my two cents.

Coz 1. Change me from Moravia to Bohemia. Im not Moravian! Im Bohemian/Czech.

You are listed that way because there is no Bohemia in Vickie. It is listed in the country listing in-game as Moravia (unless it's been changed). That's why I said Bohemia-Moravia.