• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
April LibrAARy Updates

Hello one and all. Here is the thread to post update information for the month of April. First, a few words from the librAARian himself:

LibrAARy updates...

Hi folks.

You can make my life easier by posting any new AAR starts in this thread with a link to the AAR. Also, if you finish an AAR please post a message to that effect here.

Updates will be entered into the LibrAARy every month or so and I will post an announcement here when they're done.

Note that the LibrAARy has a "finish date" for each AAR. This tells you at what game date the AAR ended if it wasn't completed right through to 1819. If you're posting an "I'm done" reply here, please also tell me what date your AAR ended.

Thanks, in advance, for doing your part in making this an easier job!!!

Notes for newbies and veterans alike:

First off, if you haven't the faintest idea what the LibrAARy is, then you probably haven't checked out the WELCOME to AARland CENTRAL thread recently.

Newbies and veterans should both have a look at this thread every so often because Valdemar, Stroph1 and/or MrT add some very handy information there on a fairly regular basis. You often won't know it's been updated since each post in the thread has a specific "area" that it addresses, so the updates are usually editted into the appropriate existing post instead of added as a new one. This means that the thread doesn't get bumped to the top of the stickied ones, even though there's something new there for you to see.

The LibrAARy is updated monthly, adding the new AAR starts into the listings, and making whatever corrections or added notations are required. You'll now see both the "start date" and "finished date" reported so you'll know the time period that the AAR covers.

In case you aren't sure what I need when you post a reply in the monthly update thread to tell me you've started an AAR, or you don't know how to do it, here's and example of what I would consider ideal:

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just starting a new AAR called Cyprus - The Last Crusade.
Country is Cyprus, and it's a GC game starting in 1419.
So far the game has been played through 1750 and is
ongoing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[From coz1 - Please link the name in your post by copying the url and using the hyperlink button above. As well, obviously you would note your post using Vickie language rather than EUII.]

The beauty with the above post is that I don't have to go searching for any information. It tells me the country name and type of game (which isn't always obvious in some people's AARs without reading a few posts in depth...that's not a criticism, by the way, but it does slow me down when I'm doing the LibrAARy update). It also makes life easier if you're doing something with an odd starting date...

The other perk is that it gives me a direct link to the AAR so he can just click on it and be on page one so I can do a few rapid copy & pastes into the database and it's done.

Of course there are some exceptions to the above for people who are doing unusual projects like playing multiple countries, doing MP games or collaborative projects, etc. In that case, just give me a rough outline/idea as to what you're doing and I'll figure out how best to list it in the LibrAARy. I don't at all mind spending a little extra time trying to work out the "exceptions"...

If you've completed an AAR or decided to stop writing your current one(s) then please let me know that in the update thread too. For that, all I need is for you to tell me the title of the AAR and I'd really appreciate an approximate "finish date" (i.e. the game date that it stopped)...I won't need the link or anything.

One special request: there are a lot of AAR's out there that quit after only a few entries. I have included all of them in the librAARy. If you have one of those AARs (for whatever reason) and would prefer that it not be in the librAARy, let me know here and I will remove the links to it.

Couldn't have said it better myself - thus I let Stroph1 do the talking (you may recognize some of the language from his EUII update thread. ;)) A few other notes should be mentioned. Given the new nature of Victoria and rapid patching from the folks at Paradox, several AARs have ended due to disinterest from patch issues. Those have been included if there was an attempt made, though I used some discretion.

If you see yours not included and would like it to be, simply send [robou] a PM or post it in this thread and we'll take care of it. Eventually, we may go back through and remove some of the shorter ones that died after one or two posts, but for now we will keep them because they might be useful to someone looking to find some early game strategy or starting point.

If you have started one through today (March 26th), you do not need to let me know as it has already been included, but please do let me know if it is after that date.

Thanks,
coz1

Last edited:
My AAR "Tread not softly into glory, go not lightly into history"... is completed....kinda

Id rather it just be omitted from the library however.

OK. It's great stuff Flavius though. Too bad. I will take it out.

The Big Red One is up and running. Unfortunatly, I forgot about doing this until now, so...
Techincally, it is a US GC AAR on 1.03, but that isn't so important, as I'm specifically following a single unit.

Steele

Announcement!

I will be trying to update the librAARy this weekend, so if anyone has not already let me know of their started or finished AAR, please try to do so in the next day or too. And if you see someone else that needs to, you might give them a nudge. I would hate to see their work not make it into the update.

OK folks. The alphabetical listing has been updated for the month of April. All new AARs have been included and corrections made. Try to take a look at it over the weekend to make sure that your work is correct. I will be updating the country listing Saturday and Sunday.

And now the country listings have been updated for April. In the event you were wondering why some older AARs are still listed as ongoing even though they may not have been updated recently, I tend to be a bit liberal with this. If it has not been updated within the last two months at the time I do my update, then it is considered abandoned. Otherwise, I give the author the benefit of the doubt that perhaps they may pick it back up.

If you find that yours has been listed as abandoned and you still plan on working on it, simply let me know and I will change it. Further, if you have one listed as ongoing and do not plan on finishing it, let me know this as well and I will put the appropriate tag on it - abandoned if no mention is given of completion within the AAR, or completed if you brought it to a conclusion at the end of the thread.

We will keep this thread for the next months updates (to make life slightly easier on Stroph1), so please continue to post here when you begin a new one or complete your AAR.

Thanks to all. :D

Your Assistant LibrAARian,
coz1

War Without End is um, ended...

1914-1920.

Tides of War

There is a multiplayer AAR here. We have called our game Tides of War, and it is indeed living up to its title. Perhaps it was a mistake to start the thread in the MP forum; possibly some kind mod might even move it for us? But I speak only for myself, please ask the others what they think first. At any rate, our game is a Grand Campaign; we started with 1.03 and have now upgraded to 1.03b. We play once a week; the current players are

Italy - Traveller
Prussia - Lotus Lo
France - Dominus
Russia - RCBricker
Austria - CoolElephant
Sweden - King of Men
Greece - GabeHimself
Spain - AngloAmerican
Netherlands - LordDrake22

but this varies very considerably from session to session. We have reached 1854; the Crimean War has ended in Russian victory, Italy is unified and strong, and France dominates the scramble for Africa.

We would welcome your opinions, but not in our AAR thread, please - between Russian propaganda and French distortions of history it's cluttered enough already. I've started acomments thread , in the hope that someone might find our tales interesting enough to say something kind

**Attention**

The alpha listing has been updated for the month of May. Check your AARs and let me know if you see any errors. Guidelines for being listed in the librAARy are in the first post of the librAARy thread.

I plan on updating the country listings later this weekend, and you may see a shift or two in the listing order. The index will be updated accordingly.

coz1

I offer you something completely new with The PirAARtinian Republic that has been called the AAR equivalent of an acid trip.

Startdate is 1836.

Just as a general heads-up - I will be updating the librAARy sometime in early July. I will not return from my yearly hike until the 4th or so, but the next weekend that I have some free time, I will make sure all of our new and wonderful stories will be included.

Please make sure you are listing them here as that is the surest way to ensure your opus will be included. :)