• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Birger

Not really here...
6 Badges
Sep 21, 2001
www.wappenwiki.org
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
Anyone interested making a ahistorical scenario with the crusader states, livonian order and the knights templar playable in the GC? :)
This is a fantasy scenario so anything goes but I was thinking making it something like this...

Background:
The European urge to "take back" the Holy Land finally came into being after numerous crusades that kept on until the end of the 13th century. The muslim opposers were crushed against a united european force. (Hey it's a fantasty scenario! :D)
With a constistant flow of merchinaries, settlers and missionaries from Europe for the last 100 years the region has finally been made stable, making the crusader states able to settle themself in the Middle East. The muslims that haven't been converted have fled to surrounding countries.

- Constantinople were never sacked by the crusaders since they focused on Egypt (like they were supposed to do!) during the 4th crusade. But they did take some parts of the Byzantine Empire and created the principalities of Thessalonica, Achaia, Athens during the 4th crusade.

- The Knights Templar has expanded even further in the Middle East and created a state.
- Lovonian Order never merged with the Teutonic Order
- Seljuk Turks replaces the Ottoman Empire (don't want them in the game. :p)

The focus is on these countries (not too sure about Crete and perhaps Bulgaria should be in?)
crusaderstates.gif

Any ideas and suggestions? :)

Look at Aberration first. It has some ideas on this direction, like alive and well Kingdom of Jerusalem and also a christian Syria. The states are just not as fragmented as you suggested.

Well, just thought so save effort from you, as Aberration has some of that implented. With also a nice staggering amount of dynasty options for Byzantium, by yours truly and also a nice shield and flag, by you.

EDIT: And we naturually will give you credit for it, when Aberration is finished.

Put the Templars in Ethiopia. Read a book once that said they were fiddling around there looking for the ark. Or maybe make Ethiopia a vassal state?? (this is fantasy right :) ) I like this idea though, looks like fun. :p

Hmm, not a bad idea at all. :)

I was thinking of making Egypt a christian state as well, another what if thingie. :cool:

EDIT:
crusader_states2.gif

Last edited:
For Knights Templar I'd suggest placing them either on an island in the atlantic (bermudas, or azores for a more european island) (this is the 'fantasy flight from france'-option)

More sensible (and crusade-y) could be to give them Tangiers to expand from with Portuguese support.

Edit: And if you want a completely historical option for Livonic Order you could make them exist as vassals to the T.O., since only foreign policy was under T.O., Livonic Order kept administrative control of it's lands. (Probably co-reason to why the 'country' was 'split' when going secular)

Edit2: Why a Trebizond if no Latin conquest of Byz?

Last edited:
Yeah, Portugal seems to be the best option. :)
Ehmm, I forgot about that... Trebizond is out of the picture now. :eek:o

Or Egypt could be orthodox (i.e. the Coptic minority seized power somehow)

Birger Jarl said:
Nah, too much work and I want a "what if" scenario. :)

But I guess I could mod the MES and add a few countries.

Well personally, I think it would be interesting if you cooperate with the MES and include it as a historical scenario there... but it's your choice, of course. :)

If you got shields for the crusader states in Syria, that would be nice indeed.

_crusader_states_.gif

1. Kingdom of Jerusalem
2. County of Edessa
3. County of Tripoli
4. Principality of Antioch
5. Knights Templar
6. Knights of St John
7. Kingdom of Cyprus
8. Kingdom of Lesser Armenia