+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Knights Templar & Crusader States

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Knights Templar & Crusader States

Anyone interested making a ahistorical scenario with the crusader states, livonian order and the knights templar playable in the GC?
    This is a fantasy scenario so anything goes but I was thinking making it something like this...

Background:
    The European urge to "take back" the Holy Land finally came into being after numerous crusades that kept on until the end of the 13th century. The muslim opposers were crushed against a united european force. (Hey it's a fantasty scenario! )
    With a constistant flow of merchinaries, settlers and missionaries from Europe for the last 100 years the region has finally been made stable, making the crusader states able to settle themself in the Middle East. The muslims that haven't been converted have fled to surrounding countries.

- Constantinople were never sacked by the crusaders since they focused on Egypt (like they were supposed to do!) during the 4th crusade. But they did take some parts of the Byzantine Empire and created the principalities of Thessalonica, Achaia, Athens during the 4th crusade.

- The Knights Templar has expanded even further in the Middle East and created a state.
    - Lovonian Order never merged with the Teutonic Order
    - Seljuk Turks replaces the Ottoman Empire (don't want them in the game. :P)

The focus is on these countries (not too sure about Crete and perhaps Bulgaria should be in?)

Any ideas and suggestions?
    Looking for historical coat of arms?
    Be sure to check out http://www.wappenwiki.org

Sweden is the world's strongest country. For some 250 years it has worked on it's doom, without success!
    - Frederick the Great

Your Industrial Friend Byakhiam's Avatar

Look at Aberration first. It has some ideas on this direction, like alive and well Kingdom of Jerusalem and also a christian Syria. The states are just not as fragmented as you suggested.
    Engages Duracell-Rabbit Mode every Saturday

Double post? Edit and Delete!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Coolio, will have a look asap.
    But I'm thinking of making this scenario anyway, want to play it myself.

Sweden is the world's strongest country. For some 250 years it has worked on it's doom, without success!
    - Frederick the Great

Your Industrial Friend Byakhiam's Avatar

Well, just thought so save effort from you, as Aberration has some of that implented. With also a nice staggering amount of dynasty options for Byzantium, by yours truly and also a nice shield and flag, by you.

EDIT: And we naturually will give you credit for it, when Aberration is finished.
    Engages Duracell-Rabbit Mode every Saturday

Double post? Edit and Delete!

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron Cross
    March of the EaglesVictoria 2

Put the Templars in Ethiopia. Read a book once that said they were fiddling around there looking for the ark. Or maybe make Ethiopia a vassal state?? (this is fantasy right ) I like this idea though, looks like fun.
    It's true that every time you hear a bell, an angel gets its wings. But what they don't tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap snap, and Angel gets set on fire.

Hmm, not a bad idea at all.

I was thinking of making Egypt a christian state as well, another what if thingie.

EDIT:
    Last edited by Birger Jarl; 21-03-2004 at 04:54.

- Frederick the Great

A bunny with a hat Moderator Nikolai II's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

For Knights Templar I'd suggest placing them either on an island in the atlantic (bermudas, or azores for a more european island) (this is the 'fantasy flight from france'-option)

More sensible (and crusade-y) could be to give them Tangiers to expand from with Portuguese support.

Edit: And if you want a completely historical option for Livonic Order you could make them exist as vassals to the T.O., since only foreign policy was under T.O., Livonic Order kept administrative control of it's lands. (Probably co-reason to why the 'country' was 'split' when going secular)

Edit2: Why a Trebizond if no Latin conquest of Byz?
    Last edited by Nikolai II; 21-03-2004 at 11:28.
    FSM! I am convinced. Are you?
    IPU! I have faith. Do you?

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Yeah, Portugal seems to be the best option.
    Ehmm, I forgot about that... Trebizond is out of the picture now.

- Frederick the Great

Lex Superior
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Why don't you just make a historical scenario, featuring the time of all these great crusader states?
    Birth of Empires - a work in progress 1066-1820 mod for Europa Universalis IV

Nah, too much work and I want a "what if" scenario.

But I guess I could mod the MES and add a few countries.

- Frederick the Great

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron Cross
    March of the EaglesVictoria 2

Or Egypt could be orthodox (i.e. the Coptic minority seized power somehow)
    It's true that every time you hear a bell, an angel gets its wings. But what they don't tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap snap, and Angel gets set on fire.

Lex Superior
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Birger Jarl
    Nah, too much work and I want a "what if" scenario.

But I guess I could mod the MES and add a few countries.
    Well personally, I think it would be interesting if you cooperate with the MES and include it as a historical scenario there... but it's your choice, of course.
    Birth of Empires - a work in progress 1066-1820 mod for Europa Universalis IV

Hmm, that's not a bad idea at all.
    Thanx Hive now I wanna make two scenarios....

- Frederick the Great

Doing his own thing TheArchduke's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

If you got shields for the crusader states in Syria, that would be nice indeed.
    Robert Wilson Lynd: "The belief in the possibility of a short decisive war appears to be one of the most ancient and dangerous of human illusions."

1. Kingdom of Jerusalem
    2. County of Edessa
    3. County of Tripoli
    4. Principality of Antioch
    5. Knights Templar
    6. Knights of St John
    7. Kingdom of Cyprus
    8. Kingdom of Lesser Armenia

- Frederick the Great

+ Reply to Thread