• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Norrefeldt

Porphyrogenitus
Aug 1, 2001
Visit site
Please post all your observations of EEP 1.4.2b here: bugs, strange behaviours, typos or whatever. I'll make a list in this post.

-------------------
1. The message when one of your merchants is competed away from a CoT is incorrect. It is:
MERCLOSS_LOG;We lost a merchant in %s to competition from %s and currently have %s merchants left there.;;;;;;;;;;4051
But should be:
MERCLOSS_LOG;We lost a merchant in %s and currently have %s merchants left there.;;;;;;;;;;4051
Just replace the line in text.csv or download a new text.csv from |Axin| in a post further down in this thread.

2. Old bug. The Hungarian Civil war of 1440s sometimes does not end. It's a bit complicated, but if you don't play any of Hungary or Austria you will not notice. Provinces might end up with almost never-ending revoltrisk. The best solution is to remove the event 188101 from major_hun.txt.

3. Genoa has the wrong AI file listed. It should be Genoa.ai in 1419_GEN file.

4. The ledger texts could be set to use 1.08 setup now, with the comparison in.

5. In the event "Carmagnola's Trial" (major_ven.txt ID 17002) under the action_c command, there is a line:
command = { type = DIP value -3 which = 12 }

It should be:
command = { type = DIP which = -3 value = 12 }

6. In the event "Dealing with the nobility" (fantasy_byz.txt and post_byz.txt ID 90052) under the action_c command, there is the line:
command = { type = domestic which = offensive = 2 }

It should be:
command = { type = domestic which = offensive value = 2 }

In the same text file (fantasy_byz.txt and post_byz.txt) in the event "Dealing with the merchants" (ID 90057) under the action_b and action_c commands the word value is missing behind command = { type = domestic which = mercantilism .

Last edited:
problems

Norrefeldt said:
Please post all your observations of EEP 1.4.2b here: bugs, strange behaviours, typos or whatever. I'll make a list in this post.

Q1. Why has the province.csv file been protected?

I have been using 1.07 with 1.42a since its commencement and have NEVER had any problems, since I installed 1.42b the following problem has arisen at least a dozen times and I am only at year 1430.
My problems are that I always get thrown out to the desktop when moving my papal fleet past the albanian coast.

Q2. What changes have there been from 1.42a to 1.42b and can I find out what they are. What forum are they in?

Toio said:
Q1. Why has the province.csv file been protected?

I have been using 1.07 with 1.42a since its commencement and have NEVER had any problems, since I installed 1.42b the following problem has arisen at least a dozen times and I am only at year 1430.
My problems are that I always get thrown out to the desktop when moving my papal fleet past the albanian coast.

Q2. What changes have there been from 1.42a to 1.42b and can I find out what they are. What forum are they in?
Don't know why it's protected, hasn't it always been? Just unprotect it if you prefer, in properties menu.
Strange error, the sea zone is 1001, nothing strange with it. The papal provinces look alright. Some ID error perhaps? Could you zip a save just before you did it to marnor@foi.se?
You can find the changes, the location is in the readme of the patch (RTFM ;) ). It's this thread, first post.

My game doesn't work at all. Using March 2nd beta and whenever I choose a country and it starts to load my game crashes.

mikal

where

Norrefeldt said:
You can find the changes, the location is in the readme of the patch (RTFM ;) ). It's this thread, first post.

In this thread ? where or is it in the other thread under buglist,???.

Any way I fixed the problem. I now only have odd "thrown out to desktop" errors about once every 10-15 years. At the moment I can live with this.

In regards to the province.csv file, were the goods changed to balance the game or are they historically accurate for each province?

good work

Norrefeldt said:
Too bad. :( Did it work before with 1.4.2a? Did you set the option for 'playing with 1.07beta' ?

I don't see this in the 1.4.2b version. Am I missing something? Do I use the black icon to get into EU2 or the yellow one? Because when I loaded 1.4.2b it made another icon, but it was black.

I'll try to load it again tonight and find this option. Thanks.

mikal

mikal said:
I don't see this in the 1.4.2b version. Am I missing something? Do I use the black icon to get into EU2 or the yellow one? Because when I loaded 1.4.2b it made another icon, but it was black.

I'll try to load it again tonight and find this option. Thanks.
When you install EEP 1.4.2a you get the yellow icon, that you use to startup. EEP 1.4.2b doesn't create a new icon, it's the same.
To see the 1.07 beta option you have to scroll down the options menu.

confused

Norrefeldt said:
When you install EEP 1.4.2a you get the yellow icon, that you use to startup. EEP 1.4.2b doesn't create a new icon, it's the same.
To see the 1.07 beta option you have to scroll down the options menu.

In regards to 1.42b, what is the order of downloading patches. I ask this as I get a lot of "thrown out to desktop" errors.

I have 1.07 with 1.42a loaded and use the US version from Strategy first.

another error is when I select 1.07b in the options, i get error messages that state : error illegal command type, type = removecot line =18 in file= eep/db/events/removecot.txt. All line with this are noted as errors. I am suppose to download the beta patch as well ( i have done it anyway).

I have read that "removecot" command only works with the beta versions.

help confused

From download page:
Norrefeldt said:
Apply 1.4.2b after 1.4.2a is installed. Works with 1.07 and the betas up till 2nd March. Extract the zip into your Europa Universalis II folder. Read the read-me for further information or visit the FAQ in the EEP forum.
If you don't play with the betas, you should not tell EEP that you do. It will then load files that use commands not supported by 1.07 and you will get the errors you metioned. You say you have downloaded the betas, but have you really installed it? I hope this helped.

Fair enough, but the default needs to be the official version. If you choose the official version it will work with the beta, if you choose the beta version it will not work with the official version. (This is obviously a gripe I have with AGCEEP too).

official version?

Isaac Brock said:
Fair enough, but the default needs to be the official version. If you choose the official version it will work with the beta, if you choose the beta version it will not work with the official version. (This is obviously a gripe I have with AGCEEP too).

What do you mean by official versions.

All my downloads have come from the official Havard site ie 1.07 and 1.42a, are they "official"

I presume the official version does not hold the removecot command.

Where are the beta version , please.

1.07 is a supported official version.
The betas are also released by Paradox, but not supported.
EEP have one version: 1.4.2b.

You can play EEP with either version, as long as you pick the right option in EEP options menu. That's where you set speed, difficulty level and all that. So you can play 1.4.2b with or without the betas (including the removecot command).

Toio said:
Where are the beta version , please.
The beta test versions can be downloaded from the sticky in the EUII Discussions forum.

Norrefeldt said:
1.07 is a supported official version.
The betas are also released by Paradox, but not supported.
EEP have one version: 1.4.2b.

You can play EEP with either version, as long as you pick the right option in EEP options menu. That's where you set speed, difficulty level and all that. So you can play 1.4.2b with or without the betas (including the removecot command).[/QUOTE

So by me having the official 1.07 and the 1.42a and your 1.42b installed I should be able to play with or without removecot ie last item in the options screen selected .
I have followed the instructuions in the 1.42b readme file and still have the same problem with the errors messages as previously stated.

maybe I should wait for 1.08, is it a long time coming?

Toio said:
So by me having the official 1.07 and the 1.42a and your 1.42b installed I should be able to play with or without removecot ie last item in the options screen selected.

From my post above:
Norrefeldt said:
If you don't play with the betas, you should not tell EEP that you do. It will then load files that use commands not supported by 1.07 and you will get the errors you metioned.
You obviously don't play with the betas, so don't select that option in EEP!