• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you 2coats and Vigilantsldr :D Here's another one

Norwegian Perspective:

Day one:

Steffens was laying flat on his chest overlooking the Main road through his binoqulars. There was no need to give an overly ambitions German sniper an excuse to earn himself a prize right now when the fighting had turned in his own favor.

fire.jpg

Report from all parts of the front were very good, and at Folldal Major Saks and his men had even managed to surround and capture several patrols probing the line. Ever since noon his own men at Tynset had been under constant attack but it had held and caused a lot of casualties for the enemy an only light losses for his own troops. New supplies would arrive from the north later tonight and they were much needed as ammunition had started to become an issue. The howitzers would run out of shells around 16:00. Whenever possible they would sieze German weapons and especially grenades of which they had none of their own came to good use.

unsecure.jpg

The Norwegian losses were less then one hundred along the whole front while the germans must surely have lost more then a thousand and just as many wounded. 178 prisoners had been taken.

German Perspective:

Day Two:

The Fighting yesterday had turned into a regular disaster and as with the constant snowfall and His units bogged down 2 km from Tynset it did not look like things were about to improve. All rear units if you could speak of such had been order to conserve ammunitions and only fire on good targets. Weather reports indicated that the clouds might clear the following day and allow the Luftwaffe to come to their aid.

takecover.jpg

Some sort of support was desperately needed. His troops had made good progress in locating the enemy miniefields and the probes returning from Folldal indicated that that may well be the weakest point of the Norwegian line. During the comming night his troops would shift pressure from Tynset towards Folldal and his own 3. Gebirgsdivision would lead the assault followed by the remains of 1. and 4. division. 2. Division would hold the rear and fight on retreat.

Losses had been huge. Day and night the Norweigians continued shooting at our positions and by nighfall the German losses had reached a staggering 7200 killed, wounded or captured.

Day Three:

Early in the morning light artillery and morters detatchments of the 3. and 4. division opened fire on the Norvegian troops to the south of Folldal. Mean while Stukas kept up the pressure on the Tynset line. As the first dust cleared the 3. division began its attack. The terrain had given good cover to the Norvegians and the defense was still relatively intact. They put up a good fight and caused further losses to the German troops bu by noon they managed to capture the last norwegian position.

norw36.jpg

Now within range of Norwegian artillery Dietl ordered a full assult on the town it had to be taken at all cost as another day would decimate his troops to a point were another breakout attempt would no longer be possible.

Luftwaffe support had now shifted most of their planes to this part of the front as well and bombs were raining down on Folldal. Dietl used the few remaining infantry support tanks in his possesion to break the strongest Norwegian positions and allow the infantry to follow through.
The attack on Folldal lasted eight hours before the Gemans finialy broke the Norwegian lines.

caoticpz.jpg

When the I. Gebirgskorps began their retreat south from Folldal the casualties numbered more then 11000 men and this had risen to nearly 15600 by the time the Norwegian defenders gave up persuit.

This had indeed been the worst days of the German Wehrmacht since the outbreak of war.

EDIT: Thank you Black_Rattler and welcome back :D

Copper Nicus said:
I really like to read about the lost battles... when AI is not the one that have lost! :D

Great update!

I'll second that! It's refreshing to actually read an AAR where the player actually faces a setback. Anyways, too bad it'll be on hold. I've been following this AAR closely, and look forward to when you pick it up again. My pain will be eased knowing a compatible version of CORE to go along with 1.06 will soon be on my pc thanks to you. :p

Ghost_dk said:
The AAR will be put temporarely on hold while we are working on the new CORE for 1.06

I will pick up on it as soon as possible and finish it still using 0.71

Ghost_dk

:(

First a worm on my PC, then this. Hmm. I understand that you do have to work for CORE, still... All the power to you.

I don't suppose anyone having read thus far, has a differing opinion to what I am about to say... that it REALLY is good stuff, and quite probably one of the AAR's of legends.

Thank you guys for the encouraging words. Wether this AAR turns into a legend or not I dont know but if so I could name a handfull of the hat who deserve it just as much or more then this one.

I had a small break in the testing and have finished another update. Hope you enjoy. I dont know when the next update will be but I'll make it as soon as I can.

Ghost_dk

March, 1940​

March 5th, 1940

The tired divisons of the I. GebirgsKorps arrive at Hamar and are met by III. Armeekorps who have just arrived from Bergen with 25000 Norwegian POW's. Dietl is greeted by Newly appointed General Bräuer, who takes over the reorganization of the I. GebirgsKorps while Dietl travels to Berlin for debreefing on the dissasterous defeat at Røros.

rest.jpg

March 7th, 1940

I. MarinenKorps engages a Norwegian division around Ålesund and within two days they manage to outflank them and push them towards Røros. Two divions under Lt.General Auleb continue along the coast to sieze Trondheim and effectively cut all remaining supply lines for the Norwegians at Røros.

March 13th, 1940

The encirclement of Røros is a reality and I. MarinenKorps and III. Armeekorps launch the attack on the Norwegian troops there. Having no other options the Norwegian units there surrender and the Swedish Steel transports can resume.

Schörner's Marine divisions head north towards the last Norwegian stronghold at Narvik and are set to arrive around April 25th.

I. GebirgsKorps and III. ArmeeKorps march to Oslo to be shipped back to Germany for redeployment and replenishment.

andalsnes1.jpg

Resuming the AAR

Ok, since the CORE patch for 1.06 is just about ready for release I will resume this AAR again and you can expect the next update(s) during tomorrow. Looking really forward to continuing the work here again.

Ghost_dk

Ghost_dk said:
Ok, since the CORE patch for 1.06 is just about ready for release

:eek: Already?! I haven't finished my 1.06 straight game yet. Do you realize how many unfinished games i have because of you people?!

:D

Anyway, great work on your AAR. I really enjoyed it so far!

April, 1940​

Fall Gelb

With the campaing in Norway back on track and the comming of spring the O.K.W. pushed to get the last preparations finished for Operation Fall Gelb. All Wehrmanch and Luftwaffe units are in position and the command structure in place, and troops are making last preperations for the invasion of Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg. The operation will begin April 15.
Units involved are as listed:

fall_gelb.jpg

FGAGNord.jpg

ArmeeGruppe Nord:

Feld Marshall List

Wilhelmshafen:

X. ArmeeKorps
XIV. ArmeeKorps

Münster:

XVIII. ArmeeKorps
IX. ArmeeKorps

Essen:

III. ArmeeKorps
I. SS. Mot. ArmeeKorps
IV. PanzerKorps

FGAGLOVE.jpg

ArmeeGruppe Löve:

Feld Marshall Von Bock

Köln:

IV. ArmeeKorps
VI. ArmeeKorps
VIII. ArmeeKorps
XVI. ArmeeKorps
I. PanzerKorps
II. PanzerKorps
III. PanzerKorps

The following Luftwaffe units will give support as needed.

FGAirgroups.jpg

I posted 3 Jagdgeschwaders at Saarbruecken and they all got "eaten up" by the bloody French :(

Anyways, Ghost, any particular reason why you have your tac bombing formations without ANY fighter protection?

hendriks said:
I posted 3 Jagdgeschwaders at Saarbruecken and they all got "eaten up" by the bloody French :(

Anyways, Ghost, any particular reason why you have your tac bombing formations without ANY fighter protection?

I always split them up and send the fighters along as necessary. No real need agains the BeNeLux but your right the French are strong in fighters. They have 7 posted along the Maginot line and the units list says nine so 2 more around somewhere. It will be a test for my total of 9 Fighters so I look forward to some dogfighting. So far my fighters at Saarbrücken have managed to beat back a couple of French bomber attacks.

Also I sometimes use my TAC's as naval bombers and there the fighter range is a real pain.

There should be another update during this week but im housesitting this week so no connection except for a couple of hours a day when im home to feed the cat ;)

Ghost_dk