• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Top notch stuff!

New Time Limits

You're welcome and thanks for motivating replies! :)

Grosshaus, thank you for explanation.

I've added three more "No" Time Limit patches:
1. allows you to play from the year 1 A.D. to the year 2050
2. allows you to play from the year 1 A.D. to the year 2200
3. allows you to play from the year 1 A.D. to the year 3000 ;)

Link: http://victoria.webpark.cz

I don't think it hurts anyone if I mention that my "No" Time Limit Patchers are good alternative to Lukandi's. With my patchers you can easily set the end date to be what ever you want, so you aren't bound to programmers opinion when it comes what's a good day to end game. :D

Of course Lukandi's patchers are useful and really simple to use, so the choise is yours.

MY PATCHERS for 1.02 and 1.03

Direct DL:

Patcher for 1.02
Patcher for 1.03

Run in Victoria directory.

Last edited:
Lukandi said:
I've just created No Time Limit patches. There are four patches:

Just one question... If I start a game and decide to apply one of these patches in say 1905, will it prolong the timelimit for that game or do I have to start a new one.

Cheers!

Neree said:
Just one question... If I start a game and decide to apply one of these patches in say 1905, will it prolong the timelimit for that game or do I have to start a new one.

Cheers!
It should work provided that you change the dates in your savegame file.

FYI the NTL 1.2 patch by Timur Lang (year range 1-2000) appears to work on 1.03 as well. It modifies the correct bytes even though they are not in the same location as 1.02 (probably looks for a signature instead of specific addresses).

jdrou said:
FYI the NTL 1.2 patch by Timur Lang (year range 1-2000) appears to work on 1.03 as well.
Do you have a link to it? Tried searching, but found nothing.

:) Rafiki

Quick question.

If you start at 1 AD, the inventions for most of industry / commercial don't take place untill a certain time in the 1800's.

Do you really have to wait for inventions to take place or has this been included in the mod?

Respectfully,

DR

Detroit Rock said:
Quick question.

If you start at 1 AD, the inventions for most of industry / commercial don't take place untill a certain time in the 1800's.

Do you really have to wait for inventions to take place or has this been included in the mod?

Respectfully,

DR

No, it isn't included in these patches. They just change the min. starting and max ending years. If you want to be able to research you probably have to edit files in db/tech/ folder.

rafiki said:
Do you have a link to it? Tried searching, but found nothing.

:) Rafiki
Seems to be MIA. I found another post with what I assume was a link to Timur Lang's original thread but the link is broken.
EDIT:
According to PMLF here it was deleted.

Last edited: