• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Machiavellian

Alternate Historian
52 Badges
Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Empire of Sin
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
The King of Kings​

"Heaven has appointed me to rule all the nations, for hitherto there has been no order upon the steppes." -- Genghis Khan

"All who surrender will be spared; whoever does not surrender but opposed with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated." -- Chingis Khan

And so I shall begin the saga of the peoples of the Mongolian steppes and their greatest of Kings, who sought not only to rule all the peoples of the felt tent, but all the peoples of the world.

----------------------------------

Settings:
Feb 1st EU II Patch
MES Patch 2.3
Difficulty: Hard
Aggressiveness: Furious
Goals: Conquest. Conquest. And more Conquest.

I will probably begin telling this tale sometime this week. I'm not really sure how the Mongols are set up in the scenario as I've never played them, but seeing as this is the Mongol Empire Scenario, I figured I'd give them a try and tell the tale while I am doing so. I'll try to conquer historically, but I make no promises.

Well that didn't take long, thanks God. This should be quite interesting. Take to the steppes! :D

I was expecting something like this. The only thing that stopped me was my complete disbelief in official history of the Mongols :D And yet, I understand your desire to play them - every game of mine ended in their failure to conquer a decent empire.

Great stuff! I was always a bit confused by the title of the Mongol Empire Scenario, since no-one seemed to be playing nations anywhere near the Mongols - this should set things straight :) !

Hmm im rather tempted to Download this scenario myself! but lets see how you fare ;) Is this story going to be narrative or dialogue?

The cat has now officially been let out of the bag. ;)

For all the readers and specially the player: note that the mongols are not ready yet, many events are still in test phase and some behaviour needs to be corrected. Nevertheless I hope you'll have some fun ;)

signed up!

mfigueras said:
For all the readers and specially the player: note that the mongols are not ready yet, many events are still in test phase and some behaviour needs to be corrected. Nevertheless I hope you'll have some fun ;)

I've played through a couple scenarios as them, and one of the big problems I noticed is that if the nations in your path (mainly Khwarism) don't develop historically, the events don't work right and the wars become very troublesome.

I plan on updating my Hungarian tale sometime tonight and tomorrow and then following that with the first part of this tale during the weekend. As far as how the tale is told, I leave it up to the readers. I can do a narrative, a dialogue, a history book stye, or a combination of both. The various styles i've attempted are displayed in past AAR's, so just let me know.

Cool to see another MES AAR, Machiavellian! Good luck in your conquest of the world. Oh, and please report all the bugs you find in the Mongol Empire thread to keep this thread as clean as possible. Thanks!

I'll look forward to this AAR- makes me want to download the Mongol scenario.

But I must mention that King of Kings was primarily a persian title (Shahanshah), rather than mongol.

I believe the Mongols had a similar title that was KhaKhan, which is what I was drawing for, if it is incorrect when they conquer Persia (if they conquer persia) i'll steal the title for them. Only bug I have seen so far is with the Marriage woes event and I posted that in the languish forums.

"There came into the world a blue-gray wolf whose destiny was Heaven's will. His wife was a fallow deer. They travelled together across the inland sea and when they were camped near the source of the Onan River
in sight of Moucnt Burkhan Khaldun their first son was born, named Batachikhan." -- From the secret history of the Mongols.​

The various mongol tribes by color. Yellow (Merkits), Green (Buriats), White (Tayichi'ut), Blue (Lamutes), Turquois (Tartars). Purple of course is the true mongol clan from which Yisugei and Temujin will one day hail.

mongol_1150.jpg

In the year 1150 A.D. the land of the mongol peoples was divided. However, the tribe from which all Mongol Kings would one day stem was blessed with the wise leadership of Kutula Khan. While many would seek to forget this warrior, we must not if we wish to remain true to history. Kutula Khan was a cautious man, but he also knew the destiny of his tribe and people lay beyond the simple existance of intertribe and clan fighting to which they had been reduced. Claiming that the seers had told him that one day a man would emerge from the tribes to unite all the lands of mongolia, Kutula began working towards ensuring that it was from his tribe that the man would be born.

In an effort to protect his people, Kutula visited the powerful King of the Qara-Khitai to the south, taking with him on his return back to mongolia a new wife and many beautiful maps, but ultimately failing in his effort to forge an alliance. Yeh Iliq's refusal to ally with Kutula did not deter the khan from his efforts of alliance, merely redirected him. Even as news reached his lands that the Merkits and Buriats had gone to war, Kutula sought out an audiance with Ambakai of the Tayichi'ut. The hawk-lords, as the Tayichi'ut were called were eager to enter into an alliance with Kutula, and after the two respective khans exchanged daughters an alliance was forged.

In november the buriats accepted defeat at the hands of Merkits, surrendering some land, horses, and freedom to their khan Chiledu. With allies now to his north, Kutula began to make plans to take advantage of the buriats weakness. After the harsh snows of winter had passed, Kutula rode at the head of an army into what remained of the buriat lands. With no army or real leader to call their own, when Kutula rode into buriat in the april of 1151 the beaten and demoralized tribesmen of the buriat quickly acknowledged Kutula as their new Khan. And so it was that the buriats became as brothers to the true tribe of the mongols, the first step in what would become a glorious history.

Unleash the horde!