• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll look forward to it. Let me offer some advice and say you should use Chingiz while you have him. I swear when he was alive I literally had so many leaders I didn't know what to do with them all, and now I'm down to two or 3 good ones after he dies. So much wasted time trying to fortify when I should have been riding down my enemies. I mean, once you're hated throughout the entire world, who needs stability greater than -3? ;)

Come on then it's been a couple of days. I started a game as the Mongols too. I don't remember how far I got, I just played until the f*%$#ing computer crashed. maybe 30-40years.

The year 1200 A.D. was the end of what Genghis Khan called "The sleep of the horsemen" but to the rest of the world it may as well have been called the 'time of destruction' or the 'years of terror'. The Uzbek tribes were the first to feel the awakened might of the Mongol tribes. In a surprisingly diplomaticly shrewd manner, Temujin claimed the leadership of the Uzbek tribes for his son Ogedai. When the Uzbehk's refused to make Ogedai their king, the Great Khan's reaction was nothing short then an immediate declaration of war.

The multitude of experienced mongol generals were all utilized in this brief war. Ogedai won battles in the north, followed by the ever faithful Qasar. It is said, that Ogedai displayed much mercy, wishing to be viewed highly by his subjects to be. In contrast, Temujin himself crushed the armies mobilized against him in Karaganda and Koket, slaughtering thousands as he rode. The skilled mongol generals Jochi and Belgutai who followed the Great Khans main force were said to have been speechless when they witnessed the carnage left in Temujins wake. At summer's end all of the Uzbehk lands were either burning or captured by the rampaging mongols. With the harsh winter east of the Urals fast approaching, the unorganized and mostly nomadic peoples of the Uzbehk lands accepted Ogedai as their King and Genghis Khan quickly assimilated their lands into his growing domain.

What Temujin did during the years of 1203-1205 is not entirely known. However, it is clear that he traveled to the eastern realm of his "Mongolian Empire" and is said to have spat over the border with the Jing, before returning to his ancestral homeland. In the heart of Mongolia he let his people know that the wars had only just begun and prepared for his next campaign. With the united mongol tribes behind him, Genghis Khan told his people that they were choosen by god and he was the rightful master of not only "the peoples of the felt tent" but the whole world.

It was August in the year 1206 A.D. when the Qara-Khitai provided the excuse Temujin was waiting for when they annexed their sometimes allies the Khazak tribes. Under the flimsy pretense of taking rulership over what was his, Genghis Khan commensed an invasion of the Khazak lands and northern Qara-Khitai. Jochi and Belgutai initiated the invasion, scoring victories over the trained Khitai armies in Tenghis and Turgai. Unprepared for the mongol horsemen, the Khitai found themselves overwhelmed before formidable resistance could really be offered. Ogedai rode hard into Orsk and began an attack on the villages and local garrison, while the fearsome forces of the khan won battles in Irgiz and Karsak in his ride south, with repeated victories in october and november.

The mongol armies spared few who resisted them, burning farmlands, stealing cattle, and slaughtering children. In cold february and march of 1207, Tenghiz and Orsk fell. In late march, Jochi organized more of his battle hungry kinsmen and annihilated the Khitai army that gathered in Kyzylkum. With the victory, the mongol armies pushed farther south, unable to be stopped by the Khitai warriors. In april Turgai fell with minimum casualties and the General Kochu arrived from the east with orders from the Great Khan himself. They were simply to take all the lands of the Khitai king. Kochu proved himself to be more than a mere messenger when he joined combat with enemy forces in Khiva. Together with Belgutai they forced the khitai troops into full fledged retreat towards the Aral sea.

As the months passed more and more cities fell to the sword of the Mongol invaders. In october, in an effort to demenstrate that this war would only get worse, Kyzylkum was razed to the ground, its inhabitants either killed outright or taken into slavery. As 1208 began and then continued, the attacks grow more violent, cities in Sabran province were put to the torch by Ogedai, Tadjikistan fell to numerous raids and Kochu gathered for himself and his men more slaves, and Jochi led a charge of five thousand mongol warriors through the streets of the Khitai capital of Balasaghun, even though Yeliq Zulkhu had already fled to Tian shan province, where he was soon presued by Ogedai Khan. Burning the city of Kashga to the ground in may of 1209, all of Qara-Khitai was more or less under mongol dominion. In a humiliating peace that august, the once formidable empire of the Khitai was stripped of Tian shan, Tadjikistan, Uzbek, Khiva, Kyzylkum, Karsak, Turgai, Tenghiz, Aralsk, Orsk, and Irgiz.

When word traveled back to the east informing the Great Khan of the success and riches his son had won for Mongolia, it is said that Genghis Khan merely laughed and with some amusement and derision said he would show a boy how it is really done.

The collapse of the Qara-Khitai (yellow) empire to the Mongol horde, 1209. Of their original sixteen provinces, they were left with barely five.. two of which were small western border colonies.

mongol_1209.jpg

ah the mighty thews of the mongolian war machine have started flexing...beware the all out destruction and horror the full might of the mongolian empire as it starts REALLY making war!

I cannot wait to see how it is really done. Who will Temujin "spit" on now I wonder?

Unfortunately I did something really foolish. I was so eager to install the new patch of 1.08 that I forgot to back up all my files, in particular the files for the expansion mods like the Mongol Empire Scenario. This has effectively killed my campaign and I doubt that anyone would want me to continue only to be disappointed without an ending. This is annoyingly the second AAR I ended without a satisfying conclusion and it is my word now that the next AAR I write I will finish, even if I have to make up the ending myself.

I do have some screen shots to explain how far I got. Also, perhaps this is for the better as the Mongol Empire crew was still working out the bugs from the Mongols in the patch I was playing. Again, I really want to thank the group working on it for their hard work. When they put out their next patch that is compatiable for 1.08, I shall start a game and perhaps AAR it if I get an idea. I also pass the mongol torch to other skilled players/writers.

mongol_1213.jpg

This was my Mongol empire after the utter collapse of the Jin Empire at the hands of Genghis Khan. This was what I meant by Genghis showing his son how it was really done. Some things i noticed. The cease fire event didn't fire properly and I basically gained total control of all the Jin lands. I wasn't complaining. I also noticed that perhaps one reason the mongols AI were having trouble expanding was due to the fact that all these provinces were Konfucian and had no way to set tolerance, so .. lots of revolts and the inability to recruit troops within those lands.

mongol_1216.jpg

Ogedai's first invasion of the Khwarizm and its conclusion. This was a very tough war.

Mongol_1218.jpg

The quick destruction of the Qara-Khitai. Genghis Khan hated to see them suffering, so he put them out of their misery.

mongol_1219.jpg

The second war with the Khwarizm. This time I actually had CB shields on most of their lands. This was an epic war and really fun to fight out, as I mapped out a battle plan for each of my generals before the actual battle and tried to follow it. You may note that things were also somewhat easier as much of Khwarizm lands were in rebel hands or in rebellion.

mongol_1221.jpg

My empire after the war was over. I thought it was a fairly impressive victory. I didn't end the war until almost every province was under mongol control. Especially those I didn't have CB shields on.

That's all I really got up to. I had just gotten the event to begin my attacks on Europe, particularly the Cumans and Georgia, what I and I'm sure we were all looking forward to.. but I never got to play it... :(

EDIT: somewhere after the Jin war I conquered the Xi Xia as well.

That was a very impressing campaign, I must say! :eek: It's a pitty you cannot keep going on with this AAR, but I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy our next version a lot with the Mogol fixes and new features ;)

Superb job anyways, Machi :)

That's too bad as this was very enjoyable to read Machiavellian. I certainly look forward to whatever you choose to write next. Super work on this one so far - maps look really great!

Thank you for reading. I anxiously await the next version for the Mongol Empire Scenario. I have an idea of what country I want to play and may perhaps decide to write an AAR on it. I also hope to finish writing my Hungary AAR sometime soon.

Nice job on the AAR. It was fun to read.

Here is my favorite quote by the famous Mongol leader:

The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters."
- Genghis Kahn, 1226

I like this one quite a bit too:

"I am the scourge of God. Heaven has delivered you into my hands that I
may punish you for your sins, for you have sinned greatly."
- Genghis Khan to the citizens of Bukhara, before ordering his troops to level the city.

I need an updata!