+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The King of Kings: A M.E. Scenario

Alternate Historian Machiavellian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The King of Kings: A M.E. Scenario

The King of Kings

"Heaven has appointed me to rule all the nations, for hitherto there has been no order upon the steppes." -- Genghis Khan

"All who surrender will be spared; whoever does not surrender but opposed with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated." -- Chingis Khan

And so I shall begin the saga of the peoples of the Mongolian steppes and their greatest of Kings, who sought not only to rule all the peoples of the felt tent, but all the peoples of the world.

----------------------------------

Settings:
    Feb 1st EU II Patch
    MES Patch 2.3
    Difficulty: Hard
    Aggressiveness: Furious
    Goals: Conquest. Conquest. And more Conquest.

I will probably begin telling this tale sometime this week. I'm not really sure how the Mongols are set up in the scenario as I've never played them, but seeing as this is the Mongol Empire Scenario, I figured I'd give them a try and tell the tale while I am doing so. I'll try to conquer historically, but I make no promises.
    "When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer..."

54-40' or...
    A counter-factual history of the Oregon Territory and the birth of Columbia.
    The Double Cross and The Golden Bull A tale of the 'new' history of the Kingdom of Hungary
    Royalist Roast: A Puritan AAR The adventures of the second puritan revolution
    Upon the desert sands: A Mongol Empire Scenario Dynasties in conflict with Outremer

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Well that didn't take long, thanks God. This should be quite interesting. Take to the steppes!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

I was expecting something like this. The only thing that stopped me was my complete disbelief in official history of the Mongols And yet, I understand your desire to play them - every game of mine ended in their failure to conquer a decent empire.
    All EU3 AARs: Unsung Ballads of Aquitaine (on hold, WritAAR of the Week, 3/3/8), Magna Mundi AAR: 2nd Minor French-Burgundian War

Some EU2 AARs: Give Unto Caesar What Is Caesar's - German Kingdom AAR (Weekly AAR Showcase, 12/12/3), Give Unto Caesar What Is Caesar's II - Roman Empire AAR, The Heirs of Caesars: Habsburg AAR, The AARt of War: Brandenburg 1617 Mini-AAR, The King and Queens of Spain AAR (WritAAR of the Week, 5/28/03), Sultans of Turkey AAR (lost pictures), Zaporozhian Host AAR, Decisive Campaigns and Battles AAR

Some EU1 AARs: The Thirty Years War: The Austrian AAR, Third Rome, The Lords of the Horizons: Portuguese AAR, Al-Andalus, English Timeline AAR

What is needed for the AI Mongols to expand is more CB shields, more treasury, improved starting tech, etc... But I guess you won't need that because you will reach Poland within 1240 regardless of your CB shields

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Rome

Great stuff! I was always a bit confused by the title of the Mongol Empire Scenario, since no-one seemed to be playing nations anywhere near the Mongols - this should set things straight !
    Fide et Fortitudine
    Currently writing a CK AAR: The Hidden Cross - a tale of the Byzantine Empire and the Bryennios Dynasty

My Inkwell - links to all 20 Farquharson AARs

Hmm im rather tempted to Download this scenario myself! but lets see how you fare Is this story going to be narrative or dialogue?
    Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    The cat has now officially been let out of the bag.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

EU3 Complete

Aha a new Machiavellian AAR, *subscribe*

For all the readers and specially the player: note that the mongols are not ready yet, many events are still in test phase and some behaviour needs to be corrected. Nevertheless I hope you'll have some fun
    Honor a aquells, qui siguin, que llur vida han termenat i en guarden les Termòpiles.
    Mai d'allò que és el deure no movent-se; justos i equitatius en tots llurs actes,
    però amb simpatia i bona entranya; generosos si mai són rics, i quan
    són pobres en la mica generosos, més: acorrent tant com els és possible,
    dient la veritat sempre que parlen tret que sense odi contra els qui menteixen.

Resident Kittenlover Archeolooginspe's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3

signed up!
    Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirates life for me.
    We pillage, plunder,
    we rifle and loot,
    drink up me 'arties Yo Ho.
    We kidnap and ravage
    and don't give a hoot
    drink up me 'arties Yo Ho.

Rev. Samuel N. Flanders
    Priest of St.Peter's in New Lancaster

Quote Originally Posted by mfigueras
    For all the readers and specially the player: note that the mongols are not ready yet, many events are still in test phase and some behaviour needs to be corrected. Nevertheless I hope you'll have some fun
    I've played through a couple scenarios as them, and one of the big problems I noticed is that if the nations in your path (mainly Khwarism) don't develop historically, the events don't work right and the wars become very troublesome.

A lot of the war sequences werent complete, so they were removed altogether for completion later IIRC

Either way, you dont need war events to conquer the world, Machiavellian Ride on!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

interesting goals hehehe
    WritAAr of the Week! - Week of Oct. 31, 2004

I plan on updating my Hungarian tale sometime tonight and tomorrow and then following that with the first part of this tale during the weekend. As far as how the tale is told, I leave it up to the readers. I can do a narrative, a dialogue, a history book stye, or a combination of both. The various styles i've attempted are displayed in past AAR's, so just let me know.
    "When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer..."

54-40' or...
    The Double Cross and The Golden Bull A tale of the 'new' history of the Kingdom of Hungary
    Upon the desert sands: A Mongol Empire Scenario Dynasties in conflict with Outremer

A.k.a. 'El Tito Friki' Obelixeke's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Rome

Cool to see another MES AAR, Machiavellian! Good luck in your conquest of the world. Oh, and please report all the bugs you find in the Mongol Empire thread to keep this thread as clean as possible. Thanks!
    "Buenas noches, Asterixeke". "Buenas noches, imbecileke" - Astérix en Bélgica (Astérix y Obélix)
    "Más vale morir con honra que vivir deshonrado" - Hernán Cortés
    Los han matado por ser españoles. Yo también soy español. Descansen en paz los 191 mártires del 11-M...

AAR CK - Hohenstaufen: El Poder de la Sangre. [Premio GoyAAR 2005: Mejor AAR de CK]
    «Bella gerant alii, tu felix Hohenstaufen nube, Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi regna Venus.» (gracias a Corleone!)

I'll look forward to this AAR- makes me want to download the Mongol scenario.

But I must mention that King of Kings was primarily a persian title (Shahanshah), rather than mongol.

I believe the Mongols had a similar title that was KhaKhan, which is what I was drawing for, if it is incorrect when they conquer Persia (if they conquer persia) i'll steal the title for them. Only bug I have seen so far is with the Marriage woes event and I posted that in the languish forums.

54-40' or...

"There came into the world a blue-gray wolf whose destiny was Heaven's will. His wife was a fallow deer. They travelled together across the inland sea and when they were camped near the source of the Onan River
    in sight of Moucnt Burkhan Khaldun their first son was born, named Batachikhan." -- From the secret history of the Mongols.

The various mongol tribes by color. Yellow (Merkits), Green (Buriats), White (Tayichi'ut), Blue (Lamutes), Turquois (Tartars). Purple of course is the true mongol clan from which Yisugei and Temujin will one day hail.

In the year 1150 A.D. the land of the mongol peoples was divided. However, the tribe from which all Mongol Kings would one day stem was blessed with the wise leadership of Kutula Khan. While many would seek to forget this warrior, we must not if we wish to remain true to history. Kutula Khan was a cautious man, but he also knew the destiny of his tribe and people lay beyond the simple existance of intertribe and clan fighting to which they had been reduced. Claiming that the seers had told him that one day a man would emerge from the tribes to unite all the lands of mongolia, Kutula began working towards ensuring that it was from his tribe that the man would be born.

In an effort to protect his people, Kutula visited the powerful King of the Qara-Khitai to the south, taking with him on his return back to mongolia a new wife and many beautiful maps, but ultimately failing in his effort to forge an alliance. Yeh Iliq's refusal to ally with Kutula did not deter the khan from his efforts of alliance, merely redirected him. Even as news reached his lands that the Merkits and Buriats had gone to war, Kutula sought out an audiance with Ambakai of the Tayichi'ut. The hawk-lords, as the Tayichi'ut were called were eager to enter into an alliance with Kutula, and after the two respective khans exchanged daughters an alliance was forged.

In november the buriats accepted defeat at the hands of Merkits, surrendering some land, horses, and freedom to their khan Chiledu. With allies now to his north, Kutula began to make plans to take advantage of the buriats weakness. After the harsh snows of winter had passed, Kutula rode at the head of an army into what remained of the buriat lands. With no army or real leader to call their own, when Kutula rode into buriat in the april of 1151 the beaten and demoralized tribesmen of the buriat quickly acknowledged Kutula as their new Khan. And so it was that the buriats became as brothers to the true tribe of the mongols, the first step in what would become a glorious history.

54-40' or...

Alien Space Bat Judas Maccabeus's Avatar
    200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

And a grand tradition of conquest is born.
    SHEEP ARE THE FUTURE

While Thou Shalt Flourish Great and Free (Saxon England, pt. 3) (Started 11 October 2010)
    Scenario progress: Base maps complete, pops and diplomacy in progress.

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Unleash the horde!
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast