• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Erc

Purple Cow
45 Badges
Sep 9, 2002
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Something to this effect may already have been posted somewhere, but I didn't find anything myself, so here goes...

If you've ever wondered what, exactly, is that song playing in the background, here's a list for all of you curious souls.

The number is the file name, the Title, is, well, the title, and the name on the next line is the Composer.

Code:
8.550129-2	Poco adagio: Cantabile, from String Quartet No. 62 in C major, Op. 76/3, "Emperor"
	Franz Josef Haydn

8.550142-2	Viennese Musical Clock			
	Zoltan Kodaly

8.550235-1/2	Kyrie eleison, from Requiem in D Minor, K.626
	Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

8.550235-3	Sequentia - 1. Dies Irae, from Requiem in D Minor, K. 626
	Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

8.550370-1	Tannhauser: Festive March		
	Richard Wagner

8.550370-4	The Prophet: Coronation March		
	Giacomo Meyerbeer

8.550370-9	Marche solennelle			
	Pyotr Il'yich Tchaikovsky

8.550727-1	Prelude (Carmen)			
	Georges Bizet

8.550944-14	IV Sanctus, from Messa da Requiem	
	Giuseppe Verdi

8.550945-3	VII Dies Irae, from Messa da Requiem	
	Giuseppe Verdi

8.550999-7	Le Corsaire, Op. 21			
	Hector Berlioz

8.553018-11	I vespri sciliani: Sinfonia		
	Giuseppe Verdi

8.553052-9	Scherzo: Allegro molto, from Symphony No. 4 in E flat major
	Franz Berwald

8.553089-11	La forza del destino: Sinfonia		
	Giuseppe Verdi

8.553200-8	Saltarello: Presto, from Symphony No. 4 in A major, Op. 90, "Italian"
	Felix Mendelssohn

8.553596-1	Grand March from Aida			
	Giuseppe Verdi

8.553596-16	Homage March from Sigurd Jorsalfar, Op. 56
	Edvard Grieg

8.553597-4	Marche au supplice (Alegretto non troppo), from Symphonie Fantastique, Op. 14
	Hector Berlioz

8.554267-5	Finska rytteriets marsch		
	Traditional Swedish March

8.554267-12	Bjorneborgarnas marsch			

8.554267-19	Marcia Carolus Rex			

8.554518-3	Wiener Blut, Walzer, Op. 354			
	Johann Strauss II

8.554518-10	Indigo-Marsch, Op. 349			
	Johann Strauss II

8.554521-10	Napoleon-Marsch, Op. 156		
	Johann Strauss II

8.554843-13	Sorochinsky Fair: Gopak			
	Mussorgsky

8.554844-1	Sadko: Introduction			
	Rimsky-Korsakov

8.554844-8	Rusalka: Gypsy Dance			
	Rimsky-Korsakov

8.554844-14	The Maid of Orleans: Entr'acte (Act II)	
	Rimsky-Korsakov

8.555386-3	Rule Britannia Overture			
	Richard Wagner

8.555386-4	Imperial March (Keisermarch)		
	Richard Wagner

8.557217-1	???

8.557217-8	???

8.557217-15	???

8.559058-1	March: Hands Across the Sea		
	John Philip Sousa

8.559058-5	Mars and Venus				
	John Philip Sousa

8.559059-1	March: The Royal Welch Fusiliers	
	John Philip Sousa

8.559059-12	March: King Cotton			
	John Philip Sousa

8.559200-9	Semper Fidelis				
	John Philip Sousa

Ahem

Erc said:
8.554267-5 Finska rytteriets marsch

8.554267-12 Bjorneborgarnas marsch

Don't want be nitpicker but... aren't those finnish, not swedish? So I think that should be corrected. This is like J.L. Runeberg is said to be swedish (by swedes, of course.)

juhog said:
Don't want be nitpicker but... aren't those finnish, not swedish? So I think that should be corrected. This is like J.L. Runeberg is said to be swedish (by swedes, of course.)

I wasn't too sure myself (especially with the "Finska" in one of them), but since I'm hardly an expert, I decided to go along with the big Swedish flag on the cover.

Is it possible to change the songs played or have the game play just one song? I really like the Kaiserhymn by Josef Haydn and Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner and I would enjoy listening to them throughout the entire game.

Kaiser Hans said:
Is it possible to change the songs played or have the game play just one song? I really like the Kaiserhymn by Josef Haydn and Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner and I would enjoy listening to them throughout the entire game.
Open music.txt in your Victoria/Music folder and remove entries of all the songs excluding the ones you want to listen. I don't know if it works but it should.

It does not work. The game has no sound now. I agree that it should work, but it doesn't. I guess I have to listen to the music picked out by the Paradox programmers. :( :rolleyes:

snuggs said:
Erm, I don't believe Wagner wrote Rule Britannia :eek:
The original tune was composed in 1740 (or 1730) for George I.
Wagner wrote an overture based on it in 1836/7.

Kaiser Hans said:
It does not work. The game has no sound now. I agree that it should work, but it doesn't. I guess I have to listen to the music picked out by the Paradox programmers. :( :rolleyes:
It works fine for me. I actually added in all of the music from HoI as well as a few random appropriate pieces I had lying around. I regularly change the music that plays on startup.

Possible problems:

If you accidentally had a typo in one of the names, then when the engine attempts to play that song, it will silently fail and stop playing music.

The first file listed is always the first to be played on startup, so if the typo is there, then the game won't play any music at all.

Make sure you didn't put .mp3 at the end, since the engine assumes that when it reads the file list.

I'm not sure how the engine reacts to subdirectories. The only test I made was to direct it to another drive (ie use C:\music\name-of-piece and move the music there) and it didn't work.

I just tried messing around with it a few minutes ago...and all that happened was that after the intro played, it "failed to initialize video." Yes, I did put the new song I was testing out into the /music directory, and all of that.

Even after restoring to original conditions, it still does that. Time to uninstall & reinstall...woohoo...

:confused: What do I need to change??? I have one song on all of the lists in the music file. What are the things I need to change and mess with and what things should I leave alone? I also have a back up folder in case I screw anything up. :confused:

Kaiser Hans said:
:confused: What do I need to change??? I have one song on all of the lists in the music file. What are the things I need to change and mess with and what things should I leave alone? I also have a back up folder in case I screw anything up. :confused:
I have no idea what you're trying to say. "All of the lists"? As far as I know, unlike EU2, Victoria only has one music list. Maybe you should post your music.txt file so that what you are doing will be a little clearer.

Silverlight said:
I have no idea what you're trying to say. "All of the lists"? As far as I know, unlike EU2, Victoria only has one music list. Maybe you should post your music.txt file so that what you are doing will be a little clearer.

Inside the Music folder
Lists:
1. All the RealOne files for each of the songs
2. The list inside the "music.txt"
3. The list inside the notepad document "music".