Welcome to the EUII AAR Forum
This is an abridged version of the main This is AARland thread and contains forum specific information.
We wish to take this opportunity to welcome you to the home of the EUII After Action Reports forum, featuring AARs written by you, the fan of Europa-Universalis II.
AARs are written by the fan for the fan and are meant solely as entertainment. Most importantly, these AARs are a product of the author's imagination and will not necessarily represent historical fact or fan-boy attention to detail. These are stories, and not a platform to nit-pick and argue. In other words, we strongly urge that common sense be utilised when crafting an AAR. The lack of common sense will result in the deletion of the AAR and possible actions from warnings to an outright ban.
As a community of writers, we strongly encourage interaction and mutual support.
As mentioned in the main thread, all members and visitors are expected to read the following forum rules. Ignorance of these rules is not a defense:
USER AGREEMENT, BOARD RULES AND FORUM CONTENT COPYRIGHT
In addition, here are several AAR-specific rules. These will be treated as seriously as the general board rules posted above:
1. You are here to tell a story, not to offer up crude stereotypes, make political statements in relation to modern day events, unduly criticize or make provocative comments, promote racial hatred or genocide, or promote your own personal agenda. When creating an AAR, all borderline subjects or references shall be avoided. If in doubt, PM a Moderator or Demi-Moderator. As a rule of thumb, if you're in doubt, then it should probably be left out.
2. As a reader of AARs, keep in mind one important fact: These stories are alternative history, and as alternative history they shouldn't be subjected to nit-picking, inflammatory statements, knee-jerk reactions or sarcastic comments. This includes claims of cheating.
3. AARs will not become a source of Off-Topic discussions. Keep all comments relevant to the thread. OT posts will be deleted and warnings issued.
4. Listen to the Mods and Demi-Mods. Failure to do so will become most unpleasant.
5. Only one thread per AAR allowed, except in the case of a collaborative or MP AAR. In that case, pass it by the Moderating Team first.
6. Using or linking to graphics that depict questionable material will be deleted and a warning issued. Additionally, linking to graphics from a 3rd party site is to be discouraged, as it cuts into their bandwidth costs. Graphics should be hosted by yourself or through one of several free web-hosters.
7. There will be a maximum of 20 screenshots per post allowed in any AAR post. Use proper discretion in screenshot usage and be mindful of your readers and the moderators computer load time. A helpful warning could be added to your title if you plan on having a screenshot heavy AAR. This rule will be watched closely.
New Rule on Interactive AARs:
Going forward interactive AARs will be treated just as any other "forum project" and thus must be cleared by the moderators first per AAR forum rules. This does not mean they are disallowed. Far from it. We welcome any and all to attempt such if they so wish. What will be required however is this:
- All interactive AARs will be passed by moderators first before posting the thread. When a member/group is ready to start such a thread, bring it to one of your moderators (CatKnight, Director, Myth, Qorten, Stroph1 or myself) and we will in turn make sure the other moderators are aware. Once discussed, the mod contacted will inform the member that they may begin.
- The thread starter is in charge of the project. While it may be a group effort, we will need one individual able to act as go between with the moderators. This individual will be held accountable should something go wrong in the posting habits of the thread and that person can go a long way towards smoothing any cause for warnings or infractions by bringing such issues to us rather than a moderator discovering it.
- Pursuant to the above, the thread starter will need to develop a strong set of rules that fall within the existing Forum and AAR rules and considers the various "hardships" such threads may be prone to. Such rules should be posted clearly for all to read in the first post of the thread.
- Once the rules are set down and the AAR started, any member ignoring or dismissing such rules will be dealt with harshly.
The list of interactive types of AARs is potentially long so I will define it thusly: any AAR in which multiple individuals are prompting the game player/AAR writer in their actions.
For more information on this rule, please see this thread.
Now, with the nasty bits aside, you will find the Mods and DMs to be extremely accessible and open to suggestions and ideas.