+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: For the Glory of Persia

The Beast from the East Suvorov's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Blog Entries
    Yeah, finally read through it all. My compliments! Great AAR, truly great! Enjoyed it very much!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Thank you Suvorov - that is indeed a compliment coming from you. I appreciate you taking the time to read through it all and I am pleased you enjoyed it.
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Sayonara Zetsubou Robusuta
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Ottawa, Canada, that bluey greenish planet
    I take one lousey nap and I miss you're 200th post coz1? Well here's to 204 then!

Viscount of Sunderland Lord British's Avatar

This was an absolutely splendid read coz1, truly great work.
    "Two cities have been formed by two loves: the earthly by the love of self; the heavenly by the love of God." - St. Augustine

AARs:
    At the Gates of Paris: A Fascist France AAR (HoI)
    Under the Scarlet Banner we March: A Soviet Union AAR (HoI 2)

Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Thank you very much Lord British! I am pleased that you enjoyed reading through it all, especially after it was over. Always fun to see this one pop up at the top of the last from time to time.

The fAARq & Forum Rules

Cities in Motion 2Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the Throne500k club

A truly excellent AAR. I saw the link in your signature, and on a whim decided to read it. An excellent choice on my part

I've owned Victoria for 2 months now, but have yet to really play it (I'm still stuck on EU2), but this AAR might just have pushed my over the edge.

I regret that I didn't start reading earlier, so I could have posted while the story was being constructed. I plan on reading your Holy Trinity AAR now.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Troggle - thank you very much for reading it through. I very much appreciate the compliment. Hope you enjoy Holy Trinity as well, though it's not quite of the same caliber, and needs updating badly.

The fAARq & Forum Rules

Again compliments on the AAR (im not sure if I've actually posted before or not, but if not I am now ), very well written and solid through and through, no real weak points in the story.
    Teutonic Knights in Medieval Europe.

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    That is indeed a compliment after reading the beginning of your tale! I am pleased that you enjoyed it and thanks for letting me know. I have worried that it might fall onto page three after I finished it and was quite pleased with the effort. It's good to know that folks are still catching up on it!

The fAARq & Forum Rules

With all these comments coz1 maybe you can make one more update, maybe about Persia 20, 40 or 60 years from Henry's death?

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

That really would be nice. Perhaps a history book excerpt on the importance of Henry Strachen's actions in and out of Persia in later years.
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Alas - it is not to be fellas. I don't think I can improve on what's already been done, frankly. I'd rather leave the story with Henry's death. If you want more of the style, my Into the West has one completed chapter up and hopefully Chapter II will get going this weekend, in and around other things - keep an I eye for them.

I really appreciate the support both of you gave me during the run of this. Sorry I cannot give you this last thing - perhaps a beer sometime instead, eh? Thanks a lot!

The fAARq & Forum Rules

Well you can't blame a guy for trying! I eagerly await Chapter II of Into the West

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II CollectionRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great AAR coz1!

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Thanks C.N. I appreciate you taking the time to read through it and making a point to say that you enjoyed it. I certainly did have fun writing it!

The fAARq & Forum Rules

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Coz,

I continue to plug away at this, reading a little at a time. And, as I've said elsewhere, I'm very impressed.

Especially considering that you've just won a VictAARian Cross for this magnificent work, and considering that you seem to have room in your .sig, why is it you do not advertise this in your .sig?

Back, you demons of modesty! Come forth, Coz!

Best,

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Renss - thank you so much for plugging away at it. It is a true pleasure to see this one rise to the top again, if only for a little while.

As for it not being in the sig - it just got too long. I need to advertise for the gazette and my blog, as well as leave space for the pdf chapters of Into the West. And I simply refuse to get rid of my quotes. They are the only thing that remains from my original signature (created over two years ago), and if read together, always tend to give me a chuckle.

The fAARq & Forum Rules

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I have decided to go around to the AARs that have been previously reviewed and briefly bump them back to the top so others might appreciate them if they choose to read.

Take a look at the review for this AAR and if it seems something you might enjoy, spend some time reading the tale. I imagine you will enjoy it.

The Review

And Note - this is, of course, my own AAR, but in fairness - if I was highlighting others who were reviewed, I had to include this as Director was kind enough to do me that service.

The fAARq & Forum Rules

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

I enjoyed the review! And it's nice to see this (not so) little gem back at the top of the pile again!

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

Europa Universalis 3Victoria: Revolutions

So that's what AAR's are for

coz1,

Loved the review...that let me know abit more not just about your AAR but what an AAR is supposed to be, though I will probably have less game mechanics stuff and more story in mine. What I have read of Persia so far is great...tell me...are you an experienced (by that I mean professionally published) writer of some sort?
    kire

"I looked around me and my soul was lacerated by the sufferings of mankind." ~Alexander Nicholayevich Radischev (Алекса́ндр Никола́евич Ради́щев) (1749—1802)

Read THE IDEA OF RUSSIA (my 1st AAR)[/CENTER]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast