• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
King Ygnvar - do you wish my grand epic to die? ;) I love seeing that someone has come along and poured through the whole thing every now and then. :D

Estonianzulu - thanks for pouring through and enjoying. And thanks for the 200th post. :D

Thank you Suvorov - that is indeed a compliment coming from you. I appreciate you taking the time to read through it all and I am pleased you enjoyed it.

Thank you very much Lord British! I am pleased that you enjoyed reading through it all, especially after it was over. Always fun to see this one pop up at the top of the last from time to time. :)

A truly excellent AAR. I saw the link in your signature, and on a whim decided to read it. An excellent choice on my part :)

I've owned Victoria for 2 months now, but have yet to really play it (I'm still stuck on EU2), but this AAR might just have pushed my over the edge.

I regret that I didn't start reading earlier, so I could have posted while the story was being constructed. I plan on reading your Holy Trinity AAR now.

Troggle - thank you very much for reading it through. I very much appreciate the compliment. :D Hope you enjoy Holy Trinity as well, though it's not quite of the same caliber, and needs updating badly. :rolleyes:

Again compliments on the AAR (im not sure if I've actually posted before or not, but if not I am now :) ), very well written and solid through and through, no real weak points in the story.

That is indeed a compliment after reading the beginning of your tale! I am pleased that you enjoyed it and thanks for letting me know. I have worried that it might fall onto page three after I finished it and was quite pleased with the effort. It's good to know that folks are still catching up on it! :D

That really would be nice. Perhaps a history book excerpt on the importance of Henry Strachen's actions in and out of Persia in later years.

Alas - it is not to be fellas. I don't think I can improve on what's already been done, frankly. I'd rather leave the story with Henry's death. If you want more of the style, my Into the West has one completed chapter up and hopefully Chapter II will get going this weekend, in and around other things - keep an I eye for them. ;)

I really appreciate the support both of you gave me during the run of this. Sorry I cannot give you this last thing - perhaps a beer sometime instead, eh? Thanks a lot! :)

Thanks C.N. I appreciate you taking the time to read through it and making a point to say that you enjoyed it. I certainly did have fun writing it! :)

Coz,

I continue to plug away at this, reading a little at a time. And, as I've said elsewhere, I'm very impressed.

Especially considering that you've just won a VictAARian Cross for this magnificent work, and considering that you seem to have room in your .sig, why is it you do not advertise this in your .sig?

Back, you demons of modesty! Come forth, Coz! ;)

Best,

Rensslaer

Renss - thank you so much for plugging away at it. It is a true pleasure to see this one rise to the top again, if only for a little while.

As for it not being in the sig - it just got too long. I need to advertise for the gazette and my blog, as well as leave space for the pdf chapters of Into the West. And I simply refuse to get rid of my quotes. They are the only thing that remains from my original signature (created over two years ago), and if read together, always tend to give me a chuckle. :D

I have decided to go around to the AARs that have been previously reviewed and briefly bump them back to the top so others might appreciate them if they choose to read.

Take a look at the review for this AAR and if it seems something you might enjoy, spend some time reading the tale. I imagine you will enjoy it.

The Review

And Note - this is, of course, my own AAR, but in fairness - if I was highlighting others who were reviewed, I had to include this as Director was kind enough to do me that service.

I enjoyed the review! And it's nice to see this (not so) little gem back at the top of the pile again!

Rensslaer