• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lascaris said:
The size of Turkish pops in 1350 and 1357 seems a few orders of magnitude larger that it should. Greek pops are 144. Turkish 35. Turks were hardly 10% in the islands much less 20%. OTOH in 1836 Turks will be more than 12 compared to Greek 144 in 1355 and 1356.

Perhaps you made a mistake on the province numbers? 1357 and 1350 are Rodos and Mitilini respectively

Thank's for warning, i've edited the total 26 instead of 35. I think this will provide the balance. There should always be more Turks in Rodos than Turks in Mitilini, that's why i kept Rodos while chopping down the size in Mitilini.
Cheers

1350;Turkish;Sunni;farmers;;;;6
1357;Turkish;Sunni;farmers;;;;20

Tunch Khan, what is the major difference and reason between your modifications than those that are currently in the POP Mod?

Phillip V said:
Tunch Khan, what is the major difference and reason between your modifications than those that are currently in the POP Mod?

I updated some of the earlier posts that i have written and Halibutt asked me to put them in seperate files. That's it. So i think the new POP's and sizes are more accurate. Plus, i've come up with new modifications and POP changes.
For example, i've corrected the population of Nakhcevan to Azeri, while reducing Azeri POP's elsewhere in Armenia. Added Jews to Bagdad and Halab.
Tried to balance POP's in Macedonia while adding the missing ones, etc.
I would be happier to answer your questions if you ask them province by province since they now extend from Central Asia to Aegean Islands and it is difficult for me explain you all in once.
Cheers, :)

Tunch Khan said:
I didn't want to create too many professional POP's not to disturb game balance. Do you think the Jewish or Arab clerks or capitalists will find jobs at Bukhara on 1835 thinking of game turns? If so, let me know and i can edit the POP's.
Cheers
When I travelled in Bukhara Emir's Summer Palace I learned that the best room of palace was paid and built by Bukharan Jews, and many local crafts inside palace were made by Bukharan Arab craftmen. If not Arab craftmen's production, only import craft from European countries, China and Japan would in the palace.

vladimir said:
When I travelled in Bukhara Emir's Summer Palace I learned that the best room of palace was paid and built by Bukharan Jews, and many local crafts inside palace were made by Bukharan Arab craftmen. If not Arab craftmen's production, only import craft from European countries, China and Japan would in the palace.

I'll do it right away.

vladimir said:

Craftsmen in Victoria work in factories, craftsmen (=artesans) who build palaces by hand or small items at their shops are not factory workers. Instead they should be part of labourer and farmer pops.

Please, someone tell me what to do with the Jewish and Arabic POP's in Bukhara. For the moment, i switched to labourers.

Ho ho ho, children! Did you eat your suppers nicely? Goood.... Uncle Halibutt has got a christmas present for you: a brand new POP mod version 1.2 in a genuine installer. Check my sig, children!
Phillip V said:
Could you add in the readme, the exact lines you added to the 1836 scenario file? That way, I can make manual changes.
Philip, you should now be pleased with the readme.
Phillip V said:
Is this compatible with 1.02?
Yes it is. At least it works with my 1.02.
sayagh said:
I downloaded and installed this mod, but I have a problem since there were no serbs in Pristina (they should be 2 000 craftsmen).
I looked at the file macedonia_serbian, and noticed that instead of [/i]937;Serbian;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;2 it should be:
937;Serb;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;2, but it still didn't work. Then I put the line (937;Serb;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;2) in macedonia_albinian.csv, but still no serbs.(...)
As a matter of fact this question does not belong to this thread, but I will answer it anyway: Victoria does have some problems with handling several nations in one .csv file. The best way is to put all the religions and all the nations in separate files. Check the Popmaster's POP tutorial (stickied) for further information.
Tunch Khan said:
Please, someone tell me what to do with the Jewish and Arabic POP's in Bukhara. For the moment, i switched to labourers.
Tunch, thank's a lot for your effort. Your files are now included (although I spent several hours trying to make Vicky load them). But please do not post ready files here nor discuss matters that belong to the Ottoman thread. Links only.
Cheers and merry christmas everyone

Last edited:
And yet another thing: could any of the moderators consider hosting my file here on this forum? The way it is now my bandwidth will deplete in a matter of days, eventhough the file is only 500kb or so...
Cheers

Halibutt said:
And yet another thing: could any of the moderators consider hosting my file here on this forum? The way it is now my bandwidth will deplete in a matter of days, eventhough the file is only 500kb or so...
Cheers

I'd like to, but am not allowed:(

Does anybody else here have more bandwidth to spare to co-host the files?

Ok Halibutt... Here's fixed Belgian & Dutch pops for 1836 scenario... They are correct in all other scenarios, except 1836.

These should replace the existing ones totally.

Attachments

• pop_bel&hol_1836.zip
    5,6 KB · Views: 319
Vulture said:
Ok Halibutt... Here's fixed Belgian & Dutch pops for 1836 scenario... They are correct in all other scenarios, except 1836.

These should replace the existing ones totally.

These files don't overwrite anything when I unzip them, only add new files...

Grosshaus said:
I'd like to, but am not allowed:(

Does anybody else here have more bandwidth to spare to co-host the files?
It's a pity...
Vulture said:
Thanks a lot, added to the list.
anti_strunt said:
These files don't overwrite anything when I unzip them, only add new files...
I will add them to the installer right away.
Cheers

Halibutt said:
Files by Vulture are now included in the main download (see first post or my sig). Up and running.
Cheers

Darn it! I spent like 2 minutes adding in the changes by hand! :p The problems of being to quick...

Mishko, this is not a discussion thread. If you have comments on specific files, go to their respective thread. If you find any data as arguable - make a note in the respective thread.

Please, keep this thread dedicated to the file only, not its' merithorical content. I'm just a humble compiler of what you post and this thread is for links to ready files.
Cheers

*DELETE arakan.csv*
It becomes:

arakan_arakanese.csv
1971;Bengali;Sunni;soldiers;;;;7
1971;Bengali;Sunni;farmers;;;;65
1972;Bengali;Sunni;aristocrats;;;;1
1972;Bengali;Sunni;clergymen;;;;2
1972;Bengali;Sunni;farmers;;;;35

arakan_burmanese.csv
1971;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;3
1971;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;28