• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Halibutt said:
Ok, since the POPs in VIP are a little messy I decided to continue with the project. I'll send the ready files to Generalissimo for integration.

NOTE: POP files above this line are listed on the first page!

Where should these go? Are they a replacement or addition, and if so - what is the file?

Where exactly should these files go?
Cheers

Most of the files are replacements and some are additions. I e-mailed the corresponding files to Generalissimo, but I can send you the files if you need them.

Praetor

Praetor said:
Most of the files are replacements and some are additions. I e-mailed the corresponding files to Generalissimo, but I can send you the files if you need them.

Praetor
when did you send me that?
i receive a lot of emails everyday... but i think i haven't received any from you recently... :(

also, did you see this ADVISE for POP modifications:
Becephalus said:
While the POP distribution is more accurate it does cause some problems. Most places are awash with clergy and capitalists (not in absolute numbers, but in numbers of individual POPS) who have cummulative and static NON-SCALING bonuses. Having 4 provinces with 1000 clergy provides 4X the benefit of having one province with 4000 clergy. Johan has shown no interest in making modifiers scale in a linear fashion, so this is a fairly large problem...My guess is that with the current settings FAR/LAB/SOL will never ever get a con above 0.
it is very important to reduce the number of clergymen POPs in EVERY STATE to 1 or 2, nothing more.

Last edited:
As per Generalissimo's request I rechecked the Polish POPs. According to the Russian 1844 census Congress Poland had a population of 4,769,000. However, it did not include all the areas and focused mostly on urban population while Poland was mostly a rural region.

Currently in POP mod Poland has 5.485.000 people (grouped in 108 POPs). This is my estimation based on the abovementioned data and seems reasonable. I will prepare some glitch in POPs distribution, but the overall number is rather correct.

The changes will include:
Less POPs in Siedlce (Siedlice in Vicky; currently 2.221.000)
More POPs in Warsaw (currently 1.391.000 while the area had approx. 1.700.000)
More POPs in Lublin (Spiff in Vicky; currently 255.000 while the area had approx. 1.000.000)
More POPs in Plock (203.000 vs. 530.000)
More POPs in Suwalki (real-life Augustów; 207.000 vs. 620.000 IRL)
More POPs in Radom and Kielce (386.000 altogether vs. 950.000 IRL)
More Jews (currently 7.9%, should be approx. 15% and rising rapidly)
More Ukrainians (currently 0.5%, should be approx. 5%)
Cheers

PS/ See here for reference

Edit/ also note that due to Vicky bugs the non-national cultures are developing much slower than IRL. There's no chance Poland's population grew as fast as in history (almost 15.000.000 in the German census of 1915).

Last edited:
Halibutt said:
As per Generalissimo's request I rechecked the Polish POPs. According to the Russian 1844 census Congress Poland had a population of 4,769,000. However, it did not include all the areas and focused mostly on urban population while Poland was mostly a rural region.

Currently in POP mod Poland has 5.485.000 people (grouped in 108 POPs). This is my estimation based on the abovementioned data and seems reasonable. I will prepare some glitch in POPs distribution, but the overall number is rather correct.

The changes will include:
Less POPs in Siedlce (Siedlice in Vicky; currently 2.221.000)
More POPs in Warsaw (currently 1.391.000 while the area had approx. 1.700.000)
More POPs in Lublin (Spiff in Vicky; currently 255.000 while the area had approx. 1.000.000)
More POPs in Plock (203.000 vs. 530.000)
More POPs in Suwalki (real-life Augustów; 207.000 vs. 620.000 IRL)
More POPs in Radom and Kielce (386.000 altogether vs. 950.000 IRL)
More Jews (currently 7.9%, should be approx. 15% and rising rapidly)
More Ukrainians (currently 0.5%, should be approx. 5%)
Cheers

PS/ See here for reference

Edit/ also note that due to Vicky bugs the non-national cultures are developing much slower than IRL. There's no chance Poland's population grew as fast as in history (almost 15.000.000 in the German census of 1915).
ok, great, that was what i was looking for, some sources... :D
thanks.
:D

Halibutt said:
Ok, the latest version (1.7) is out. Note that this version works only with VIP. You can download it HERE

Cheers

Halibutt, which files are you using from South America? Cause I reworked all South American nations to VIP 0.11, those are the correct ones, not the one in the thread.

Pimparel

Halibutt said:
Why didn't you ask for sources then?
well, if you read carefully all the discussion made, i already pointed that some of the changes looked in like they were just "guesses" or "better implementations based on Paradox works", that's why a lot of work carried the 4x bug. ;)
like i said earlier, i wanted clarification on the numbers... :D

Also, if you think carefully, if i am pointing out that Paradox numbers are completely different from yours, what can you do to defend yourself? present sources, that way, we delete paradox files and replace them with yours, since, you are the one presenting sources. ;)

Also, POPMod compatible with VIP might cause confusion, cause we already edited a lot of POPs not listed in the forums, as example the reduction of files carried in Africa, and the one that will be carried in Oceania and Asia. Apart of files that were made exclusively for VIP. At the top of my head, besides the S.A. changes, Theo1 also edited Texas, for example.

So POPMod might create a little confusion, like bringing back some HUGE populations. What you might try is to bring VIP Pops to those that don't want VIP, so a VIPPop's for Vanilla.

Also we won't be able to offer support this MOD. Just my .50cents.

pimparel said:
Also, POPMod compatible with VIP might cause confusion, cause we already edited a lot of POPs not listed in the forums, as example the reduction of files carried in Africa, and the one that will be carried in Oceania and Asia. Apart of files that were made exclusively for VIP. At the top of my head, besides the S.A. changes, Theo1 also edited Texas, for example.

So POPMod might create a little confusion, like bringing back some HUGE populations. What you might try is to bring VIP Pops to those that don't want VIP, so a VIPPop's for Vanilla.

Also we won't be able to offer support this MOD. Just my .50cents.
Listen, I simply decided to finish the work I started. That's why the latest version was created. However, since apparently Generalissimo decided to take over the project, I'm leaving it - in good shape. Please do not complain that I didn't include the files that haven't been posted and/or released under VIP.

Also, as I stated before, separate POP-mod specific downloads will be discontinued. The latest version is simply a summary of what we did before you took over and started discussing the POPs outside of this thread.
Cheers

Phillip V said:
*DELETE arakan.csv*
It becomes:

arakan_arakanese.csv
1971;Bengali;Sunni;soldiers;;;;7
1971;Bengali;Sunni;farmers;;;;65
1972;Bengali;Sunni;aristocrats;;;;1
1972;Bengali;Sunni;clergymen;;;;2
1972;Bengali;Sunni;farmers;;;;35

arakan_burmanese.csv
1971;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;3
1971;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;28
1972;Burmanese;Theravada;aristocrats;;;;4
1972;Burmanese;Theravada;clergymen;;;;8
1972;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;14
1972;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;4
original file:
1971;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;3
1971;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;19
1972;Burmanese;Mahayana;aristocrats;;;;1
1972;Burmanese;Mahayana;officers;;;;1
1972;Burmanese;Mahayana;clergymen;;;;2
1972;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;3
1972;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;19
1972;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;2

the increase in population is enormous... why? :confused:
it was that wrong?

Phillip V said:
*DELETE pegu.csv*
It becomes:

pegu_burmanese.csv
1960;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;7
1960;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;42
1973;Burmanese;Theravada;aristocrats;;;;7
1973;Burmanese;Theravada;officers;;;;3
1973;Burmanese;Theravada;clergymen;;;;26
1973;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;14
1973;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;179
1977;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;14
1977;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;110
1979;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;14
1979;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;110
1991;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;14
1991;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;110

pegu_mon.csv
1960;Asian_Minor;Theravada;soldiers;;;;1
1960;Asian_Minor;Theravada;farmers;;;;10
1973;Asian_Minor;Theravada;aristocrats;;;;3
1973;Asian_Minor;Theravada;officers;;;;1
1973;Asian_Minor;Theravada;clergymen;;;;11
1973;Asian_Minor;Theravada;soldiers;;;;6
1973;Asian_Minor;Theravada;farmers;;;;76
1977;Asian_Minor;Theravada;soldiers;;;;4
1977;Asian_Minor;Theravada;farmers;;;;36
1979;Asian_Minor;Theravada;soldiers;;;;4
1979;Asian_Minor;Theravada;farmers;;;;36
1991;Asian_Minor;Theravada;soldiers;;;;4
1991;Asian_Minor;Theravada;farmers;;;;36
original file:
1960;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;2
1960;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;15
1973;Burmanese;Mahayana;aristocrats;;;;4
1973;Burmanese;Mahayana;officers;;;;4
1973;Burmanese;Mahayana;clergymen;;;;8
1973;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;7
1973;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;47
1977;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;4
1977;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;31
1979;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;4
1979;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;31
1991;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;4
1991;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;31
1973;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;8

the increase in population is enormous... why?
it was that wrong?

Phillip V said:
*DELETE shan.csv*
It becomes:

shan_burmanese.csv
1970;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;5
1970;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;52
1982;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;3
1982;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;40
1983;Burmanese;Theravada;aristocrats;;;;5
1983;Burmanese;Theravada;officers;;;;5
1983;Burmanese;Theravada;clergymen;;;;10
1983;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;10
1983;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;95

shan_asian_minor.csv
1970;Asian_Minor;Theravada;farmers;;;;5
1982;Asian_Minor;Theravada;soldiers;;;;5
1982;Asian_Minor;Theravada;farmers;;;;52
1983;Asian_Minor;Theravada;clergymen;;;;2
1983;Asian_Minor;Theravada;farmers;;;;9
original file:
1970;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;1
1970;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;11
1982;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;1
1982;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;11
1983;Burmanese;Mahayana;aristocrats;;;;1
1983;Burmanese;Mahayana;officers;;;;1
1983;Burmanese;Mahayana;clergymen;;;;2
1983;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;2
1983;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;15
1983;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;5

it was that wrong?

Phillip V said:
*DELETE mian.csv*
It becomes:

mian_burmanese.csv
1974;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;4
1974;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;51
1975;Burmanese;Theravada;aristocrats;;;;2
1975;Burmanese;Theravada;officers;;;;1
1975;Burmanese;Theravada;clergymen;;;;1
1975;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;3
1975;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;8
1984;Burmanese;Theravada;soldiers;;;;1
1984;Burmanese;Theravada;farmers;;;;6

mian_asian_minor.csv
1975;Asian_Minor;Theravada;aristocrats;;;;5
1975;Asian_Minor;Theravada;officers;;;;5
1975;Asian_Minor;Theravada;clergymen;;;;10
1975;Asian_Minor;Theravada;soldiers;;;;7
1975;Asian_Minor;Theravada;farmers;;;;76
1984;Asian_Minor;Theravada;soldiers;;;;4
1984;Asian_Minor;Theravada;farmers;;;;51
original file:
1974;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;1
1974;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;11
1975;Burmanese;Mahayana;aristocrats;;;;1
1975;Burmanese;Mahayana;officers;;;;1
1975;Burmanese;Mahayana;clergymen;;;;2
1975;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;2
1975;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;15
1984;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;1
1984;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;11
1975;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;5

it was that wrong?

Halibutt said:
Listen, I simply decided to finish the work I started. That's why the latest version was created. However, since apparently Generalissimo decided to take over the project, I'm leaving it - in good shape. Please do not complain that I didn't include the files that haven't been posted and/or released under VIP.

Also, as I stated before, separate POP-mod specific downloads will be discontinued. The latest version is simply a summary of what we did before you took over and started discussing the POPs outside of this thread.
Cheers

I ain't complaining or flaming or anything else, if you might remember I was one of the first to make some contribution to this project.

I was just pointing out my opnion, cause we are having problems with POPs,a which came originally from some contributors, so, some of our work to fix this might be in vain, if someone without this information, use this MOD over VIP.

Again, I ain't flaming your initiative, I am just exposing a possible problema, a at least say that this won't be compatible with the next versions.

Cheers...

EDIT: My keyboard is having a problem with the 'a' and 'o', so if there is a excess or alack of those, SORRY. I awill buy another keyboard, next week.

i am looking for the ones that modded the following files:
kerman*.csv
khorasan*.csv
khuzestan*.csv
luristan*.csv
tunis*.csv
tunisia*.csv
syria*.csv

any help will be apreciated...
thanks.

In the special case of tunis & tunisia, why have both files? they point to the same provinces and have the same culture/religion... also, the changes made have greatly increased population in tunis.csv but greatly decreased population in tunisia.csv... :confused:

Last edited:
Don't worry, there won't be any problems as the VIP-revised files had a top priority and after adding new files (those that didn't make it for latest VIP release) I simply copied all VIP files over the previous one. Therefore the latest (and the last one, apparently) POP mod is fully VIP-compliant. It won't destroy any of your work since it's not available for download yet and all your work for the latest VIP has been saved.
Cheers

Generalisimo said:
original file:
1974;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;1
1974;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;11
1975;Burmanese;Mahayana;aristocrats;;;;1
1975;Burmanese;Mahayana;officers;;;;1
1975;Burmanese;Mahayana;clergymen;;;;2
1975;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;2
1975;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;15
1984;Burmanese;Mahayana;soldiers;;;;1
1984;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;11
1975;Burmanese;Mahayana;farmers;;;;5

it was that wrong?
Yes. Originally, Burma was only a few hundred thousand people. The new POP files brought it up to around the same as Siam as it should be. It also added minorities and the correct religious makeup.

Phillip V said:
Yes. Originally, Burma was only a few hundred thousand people. The new POP files brought it up to around the same as Siam as it should be. It also added minorities and the correct religious makeup.
so, all files are correct?
the increase in population is tooooooooo big... :D
are you sure?
can you post some sources so i report the problem to Paradox?