• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Halibutt

Marshal of Poland
5 Badges
Sep 8, 2001
www.halibutt.pl
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Victoria POP mod v.1.6

Since this sub-forum is slightly disorganized and each and everyone of us starts a new thread with not really descriptive name, it's hard to find the exact place where the files are located. That's what this thread is for: here you can find a list of links to exact posts where the code of modified POP files are.

Please, keep this thread organized and post links rather than ready files that belong to their region-specific threads.

NOTE: Snce we decded to become part of the VIP mod, the separate POP mod downloads wll be discontinued. However, we still await contributions.

All future releases automatically replace the earlier versions. The latest is 1.7 (29 Mar. 2004)

NOTE that the latest version works ONLY with the VIP MOD

AFRICA
  • [URL=http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2384352&postcount=78]Madagascar
AUSTRALIA & SMALL ISLANDS
  • Download and install the file.
  • Copy and paste the content into any of the already-existing .csv files in the (...)scenarios/GC folder. Remember not to include the heading (Province;Nationality;Religion;Workforce;Ideology;Consciousness;Militancy;Size)
    One heading per file is enough.
  • If you want to make it easier to find other files, you can copy and paste the files into a brand-new txt file (use Notepad or Wordpad), save it as, for instance, country_nation1.csv and copy the newly-created file to (...)scenarios/GC folder. Then you need to edit the scenario file (1836.eug or 1861.eug, for instance) and add a line with scenarios/gc/country_nation1.csv at the end.

Q. What's wrong with the files, why doesn't the game run after I implemented them?
A. First, check if the heading is correct. New Paradox forum puts a space between the words in the
Code:
 function. This makes the [i]Province;Nationality;Religion;Workforce;Ideology;Consciousness;Militancy;Size[/i] look like [i]Province;Nationality;Religion;Workforce;Ideology;C__onsciousness;Militancy;Size[/i]

Q. Why doesn't the download work?
A. The file is hosted courtesy of the humble speaker of these words. The server, however, is not mine and the bandwidth limits are quite harsh. Please try again later or write your nearest EU forum moderator to host the file.

Q. Can I play my old saved games after applying the patch?
A. Yes, of course. The changes will be visible only in the new games.

Q. I downloaded the file and I get a strange error.
A. Post the error message here.

Q. How can I help the POP mod?
A. Thanks to the pop maker programme, the scripting is fairly easy. New scripters are always wanted. Also, we need a link to some installer-making thingy and an alternative host for the file itself.

Q. Is the file compatible with the latest patch (1.02 ATM)?
A. Yes it is.
Cheers

Last edited:
Excellent thread. I have problems orientating myself in this subforum and this thread realy helps.

Could you perhaps write a few lines about how I can implement these modified POP's in my Vic?

And maybe a sticky? ;)

PS. How or who decides that a new POP is "accepted." :confused:

Dagfinn said:
Could you perhaps write a few lines about how I can implement these modified POP's in my Vic?
OK, I will.
And maybe a sticky?;)
I wouldn't mind :)
PS. How or who decides that a new POP is "accepted." :confused:
I have no idea. Is this sub-forum moderated at all?
Cheers

Halibutt said:
HOW TO / FAQ

• Q. How do I use the files?
    A. There are two ways to do it:
  • Copy and paste the content into any of the already-existing .csv files in the (...)scenarios/GC folder. Remember not to include the heading (Province;Nationality;Religion;Workforce;Ideology;Consciousness;Militancy;Size)
    One heading per file is enough.
  • If you want to make it easier to find other files, you can copy and paste the files into a brand-new txt file (use Notepad or Wordpad), save it as, for instance, country_nation1.csv and copy the newly-created file to (...)scenarios/GC folder. Then you need to edit the scenario file (1836.eug or 1861.eug, for instance) and add a line with scenarios/gc/country_nation1.csv at the end.

Cheers

If I just paste these codes into any existing file, wont I screw up the population balance? The original Paradox POP's will still be there, or... :confused: :confused:

Dagfinn said:
If I just paste these codes into any existing file, wont I screw up the population balance? The original Paradox POP's will still be there, or... :confused: :confused:
That's the problem. Some files are but a replacement for one or two lines of the code (like Dark Knights Central European Jewry, that should replace the 125 Jews in Vienna. Others (Like my Poland) should completely replace the original files, and that is the case with most files so far.

You have a point here, I'll add some symbols by the names of the files to indicate what installation method is the best to use.
Cheers

Halibutt said:
How about replying to some of the questions that are being asked here every now and then?
Cheers

I have and I will, if I know the answer or have the time to dig up the answer (lot of exams going on).

I don't want to take the actual task of day to day management of VIP or any other mod, mostly since I have no experience of how this was handled with HoI or EU2 mods. No need to re-invent the wheel ;) So if you want things organized, start organizing.

Grosshaus said:
I don't want to take the actual task of day to day management of VIP or any other mod, mostly since I have no experience of how this was handled with HoI or EU2 mods. No need to re-invent the wheel ;) So if you want things organized, start organizing.
That's what I do, you know? :)

Anyway, the DOWNLOAD is now available. Check the first post or my sig. You all love me now, don't you. :D
Cheers

Could you add in the readme, the exact lines you added to the 1836 scenario file? That way, I can make manual changes.:)

Also, did you remove any lines from the scenario file, ie erroneous files?
If so, could you designate in the readme which new POP files replace which now erroneous files?

Halibut,

How can include my brazilian POP modifications? So far all that I have done is change all slaves from portuguese to african_minor, and changed the religion to pagan too. This is version 1.0

The next version I will use the proper african culture, using the point of origin of the slaves (Moçambique, Gold Coast and Angola).

And in the future I want to include what we are planning at South American POPs.

My file are in my signature, hope that it helps.

Is this compatible with 1.02?

I downloaded and installed this mod, but I have a problem since there were no serbs in Pristina (they should be 2 000 craftsmen).
I looked at the file macedonia_serbian, and noticed that instead of :

937;Serbian;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;2

it should be :

937;Serb;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;2

But it still didn't work :confused:

Then I put the line (937;Serb;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;2) in macedonia_albinian.csv, but still no serbs.

Finally, I put the line between albanian pops (in macedonia_albanian.csv), and now it works :eek:

Any idea ?

Last edited:
anatolia_jewish.csv

996;Turkish;Jewish;capitalists;;;;1
1360;Turkish;Jewish;clergymen;;;;1
1360;Turkish;Jewish;capitalists;;;;8
1360;Turkish;Jewish;clerks;;;;2
1360;Turkish;Jewish;farmers;;;;2

anatolia_greek.csv

996;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;8
998;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;3
1354;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;1