Since this sub-forum is slightly disorganized and each and everyone of us starts a new thread with not really descriptive name, it's hard to find the exact place where the files are located. That's what this thread is for: here you can find a list of links to exact posts where the code of modified POP files are.
Please, keep this thread organized and post links rather than ready files that belong to their region-specific threads.
NOTE: Snce we decded to become part of the VIP mod, the separate POP mod downloads wll be discontinued. However, we still await contributions.
All the modifications so far are available from the POP MOD page, "Download" section.
All future releases automatically replace the earlier versions. The latest is 1.7 (29 Mar. 2004)
NOTE that the latest version works ONLY with the VIP MOD
- Aegean Islands (addition)
- Albania (addition)
- Armenia (replacement for armenia.csv)
- Austria-Hungary (replacement for most of A-H files)
- Azerbaijan (replacement for azerbadjan.csv)
- BeNeLux (replacement)
- Bosnia (replacement)
- Bosnia reworked(replacement)
- Bulgaria (addition)
- Byelarus' part I (replacement fo Minsk.csv)
- Byelarus' Part II (replacement fo Minsk.csv)
- Istria (modification)
- Jews in Central Europe
- Kraków (modification+addition+replacement)
Latvia(replacement, additions, not yet downloadable)
- Macedonia (replacement for all macedonia files+additions)
- Ottoman Thrace and Constantinople (additions)
- Ottoman Anatolia
- Poland (Polish, Jewish, Ukrainian, German, Russian)
- Rumilia (Eastern) (addition)
- Rumilia (addition)
- Serbia (addition)
- Slavonia (replacement+additions)
- Spain (replacements+addition)
- Switzerland (replacement+ addition)
- Ulster (replacement)
- Abissynia (replacement)
- Afganistan (replacement)
- Armenia (Southern) (additions)
- Borneo(replacement, addition)
- Burma Part I (replacement)
- Burma part II (replacement)
- Burma Part III (replacement)
- Ceylon2(replacement, additions)
- Chinese Jews (addition)
- Iraq (additions)
- Malayan Peninsula(replacements, additions)
- Palestine (addition)
- Persia (replacement)
- Sumatra I(replacement)
- Sumatra II(replacement, addition)
- Syria (addition)
- [URL=http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2393377&postcount=92]Vietnam (additions)
AUSTRALIA & SMALL ISLANDS
- Madagascar(replacement, addition)
- Egypt (replacement + additions)
- Egypt 2 (aditions)
- Egypt - Greek and Armenian (additions)
- Tripolitania (replacement)
HOW TO / FAQ
Q. How do I use the files?
A. There are three ways to do it:
- Download and install the file.
- Copy and paste the content into any of the already-existing .csv files in the (...)scenarios/GC folder. Remember not to include the heading (Province;Nationality;Religion;Workforce;Ideology;C onsciousness;Militancy;Size)
One heading per file is enough.
- If you want to make it easier to find other files, you can copy and paste the files into a brand-new txt file (use Notepad or Wordpad), save it as, for instance, country_nation1.csv and copy the newly-created file to (...)scenarios/GC folder. Then you need to edit the scenario file (1836.eug or 1861.eug, for instance) and add a line with scenarios/gc/country_nation1.csv at the end.
Q. What's wrong with the files, why doesn't the game run after I implemented them?
A. First, check if the heading is correct. New Paradox forum puts a space between the words in the [CODE] function. This makes the Province;Nationality;Religion;Workforce;Ideology;C onsciousness;Militancy;Size look like Province;Nationality;Religion;Workforce;Ideology;C __onsciousness;Militancy;Size
Q. Why doesn't the download work?
A. The file is hosted courtesy of the humble speaker of these words. The server, however, is not mine and the bandwidth limits are quite harsh. Please try again later or write your nearest EU forum moderator to host the file.
Q. Can I play my old saved games after applying the patch?
A. Yes, of course. The changes will be visible only in the new games.
Q. I downloaded the file and I get a strange error.
A. Post the error message here.
Q. How can I help the POP mod?
A. Thanks to the pop maker programme, the scripting is fairly easy. New scripters are always wanted. Also, we need a link to some installer-making thingy and an alternative host for the file itself.
Q. Is the file compatible with the latest patch (1.02 ATM)?
A. Yes it is.