+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: POP - ready files

Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

Victoria POP mod v.1.6

Since this sub-forum is slightly disorganized and each and everyone of us starts a new thread with not really descriptive name, it's hard to find the exact place where the files are located. That's what this thread is for: here you can find a list of links to exact posts where the code of modified POP files are.

Please, keep this thread organized and post links rather than ready files that belong to their region-specific threads.

NOTE: Snce we decded to become part of the VIP mod, the separate POP mod downloads wll be discontinued. However, we still await contributions.

All future releases automatically replace the earlier versions. The latest is 1.7 (29 Mar. 2004)

NOTE that the latest version works ONLY with the VIP MOD
    A. There are three ways to do it:
    • Download and install the file.
    • Copy and paste the content into any of the already-existing .csv files in the (...)scenarios/GC folder. Remember not to include the heading (Province;Nationality;Religion;Workforce;Ideology;C onsciousness;Militancy;Size)
      One heading per file is enough.
    • If you want to make it easier to find other files, you can copy and paste the files into a brand-new txt file (use Notepad or Wordpad), save it as, for instance, country_nation1.csv and copy the newly-created file to (...)scenarios/GC folder. Then you need to edit the scenario file (1836.eug or 1861.eug, for instance) and add a line with scenarios/gc/country_nation1.csv at the end.

Q. What's wrong with the files, why doesn't the game run after I implemented them?
    A. First, check if the heading is correct. New Paradox forum puts a space between the words in the [CODE] function. This makes the Province;Nationality;Religion;Workforce;Ideology;C onsciousness;Militancy;Size look like Province;Nationality;Religion;Workforce;Ideology;C __onsciousness;Militancy;Size

Q. Why doesn't the download work?
    A. The file is hosted courtesy of the humble speaker of these words. The server, however, is not mine and the bandwidth limits are quite harsh. Please try again later or write your nearest EU forum moderator to host the file.

Q. Can I play my old saved games after applying the patch?
    A. Yes, of course. The changes will be visible only in the new games.

Q. I downloaded the file and I get a strange error.
    A. Post the error message here.

Q. How can I help the POP mod?
    A. Thanks to the pop maker programme, the scripting is fairly easy. New scripters are always wanted. Also, we need a link to some installer-making thingy and an alternative host for the file itself.

Q. Is the file compatible with the latest patch (1.02 ATM)?
    A. Yes it is.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Halibutt; 29-03-2004 at 10:44. Reason: version 1.06 added, link to Latvian files
    1.4.5-compatible ICE+MPP+YFP pack
    You forgot Poland now version 1.3 (Feb.18)
    Improved SOV leaders

Originally posted by Juu:
    The Soviets won the war. We happened to be nearby.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Valley of lurkers, somewhere in western Norway
    Excellent thread. I have problems orientating myself in this subforum and this thread realy helps.

Could you perhaps write a few lines about how I can implement these modified POP's in my Vic?

And maybe a sticky?

PS. How or who decides that a new POP is "accepted."
    In our darkest hours all the shades are gray

Quote Originally Posted by Dagfinn
    Could you perhaps write a few lines about how I can implement these modified POP's in my Vic?
    OK, I will.
    And maybe a sticky?
    I wouldn't mind
    PS. How or who decides that a new POP is "accepted."
    I have no idea. Is this sub-forum moderated at all?
    Cheers
    Improved SOV leaders

Minister of Peace for Europe Moderator Grosshaus's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutt
    I have no idea. Is this sub-forum moderated at all?
    Cheers
    Big brother is watching
    Pity comes for free, but jealousy must be earned - Lauri Tähkä

Hearts of Iron II beta AAR Guardian of Democracy

Quote Originally Posted by Grosshaus
    Big brother is watching
    How about replying to some of the questions that are being asked here every now and then?
    Cheers
    Improved SOV leaders

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Valley of lurkers, somewhere in western Norway
    HOW TO / FAQ
    • Copy and paste the content into any of the already-existing .csv files in the (...)scenarios/GC folder. Remember not to include the heading (Province;Nationality;Religion;Workforce;Ideology;C onsciousness;Militancy;Size)
      One heading per file is enough.
    • If you want to make it easier to find other files, you can copy and paste the files into a brand-new txt file (use Notepad or Wordpad), save it as, for instance, country_nation1.csv and copy the newly-created file to (...)scenarios/GC folder. Then you need to edit the scenario file (1836.eug or 1861.eug, for instance) and add a line with scenarios/gc/country_nation1.csv at the end.

Cheers
    If I just paste these codes into any existing file, wont I screw up the population balance? The original Paradox POP's will still be there, or...
    In our darkest hours all the shades are gray

Quote Originally Posted by Dagfinn
    If I just paste these codes into any existing file, wont I screw up the population balance? The original Paradox POP's will still be there, or...
    That's the problem. Some files are but a replacement for one or two lines of the code (like Dark Knights Central European Jewry, that should replace the 125 Jews in Vienna. Others (Like my Poland) should completely replace the original files, and that is the case with most files so far.

You have a point here, I'll add some symbols by the names of the files to indicate what installation method is the best to use.
    Cheers
    Improved SOV leaders

Minister of Peace for Europe Moderator Grosshaus's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

How about replying to some of the questions that are being asked here every now and then?
    Cheers
    I have and I will, if I know the answer or have the time to dig up the answer (lot of exams going on).

I don't want to take the actual task of day to day management of VIP or any other mod, mostly since I have no experience of how this was handled with HoI or EU2 mods. No need to re-invent the wheel So if you want things organized, start organizing.
    Pity comes for free, but jealousy must be earned - Lauri Tähkä

Hearts of Iron II beta AAR Guardian of Democracy

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Grosshaus
    I don't want to take the actual task of day to day management of VIP or any other mod, mostly since I have no experience of how this was handled with HoI or EU2 mods. No need to re-invent the wheel So if you want things organized, start organizing.
    That's what I do, you know?

Anyway, the DOWNLOAD is now available. Check the first post or my sig. You all love me now, don't you.
    Cheers
    Improved SOV leaders

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Could you add in the readme, the exact lines you added to the 1836 scenario file? That way, I can make manual changes.

Oops, I'd have to check it. The lines are the same as the names of the attached .csv files. Next version will have a better readme, I promise.
    Cheers
    Improved SOV leaders

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Also, did you remove any lines from the scenario file, ie erroneous files?
    If so, could you designate in the readme which new POP files replace which now erroneous files?

The next version will be up by the end of the weekend. It will contain info on all the suggested topics.
    Cheers
    Improved SOV leaders

Lithuania and Belarus are linked (no download yet, 'though). I'm still waiting for the others to start the coding.
    Cheers
    Improved SOV leaders

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Halibut,

How can include my brazilian POP modifications? So far all that I have done is change all slaves from portuguese to african_minor, and changed the religion to pagan too. This is version 1.0

The next version I will use the proper african culture, using the point of origin of the slaves (Moçambique, Gold Coast and Angola).

And in the future I want to include what we are planning at South American POPs.

My file are in my signature, hope that it helps.
    "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to..." - Bilbo Baggins

Dumb's Guide: How to make your own country - Now at VickyWiki too.
    Victoria Improvement Project
    V.I.P. - South America

Ok, will include them in the nearest download. If you have modified the version you have in the signature, please be so kind as to send it to me by e-mail.
    Cheers
    Improved SOV leaders

Blog Entries
    Is this compatible with 1.02?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I downloaded and installed this mod, but I have a problem since there were no serbs in Pristina (they should be 2 000 craftsmen).
    I looked at the file macedonia_serbian, and noticed that instead of :

937;Serbian;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;2

it should be :

937;Serb;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;2

But it still didn't work

Then I put the line (937;Serb;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;2) in macedonia_albinian.csv, but still no serbs.

Finally, I put the line between albanian pops (in macedonia_albanian.csv), and now it works

Any idea ?
    Last edited by sayagh; 24-12-2003 at 11:19.

Blog Entries
    Here is a link to POP modifications for Epirus: http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...54#post2364154

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

anatolia_jewish.csv

996;Turkish;Jewish;capitalists;;;;1
    1360;Turkish;Jewish;clergymen;;;;1
    1360;Turkish;Jewish;capitalists;;;;8
    1360;Turkish;Jewish;clerks;;;;2
    1360;Turkish;Jewish;farmers;;;;2

anatolia_greek.csv

996;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;8
    998;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;3
    1354;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;1
    997;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;5
    1351;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;2
    1352;Greek;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;2
    1352;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;5
    1359;Greek;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;2
    1359;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;5
    1360;Greek;Orthodox;clergymen;;;;10
    1360;Greek;Orthodox;capitalists;;;;18
    1360;Greek;Orthodox;clerks;;;;4
    1360;Greek;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;14
    1360;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;34
    1320;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;1
    1353;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;3
    1378;Greek;Orthodox;clergymen;;;;2
    1378;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;5
    1379;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;1
    1380;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;2
    1028;Greek;Orthodox;clergymen;;;;3
    1028;Greek;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;2
    1028;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;15
    1030;Greek;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;1
    1030;Greek;Orthodox;farmers;;;;8

anatolia_armenian.csv

996;Armenian;Orthodox;farmers;;;;8
    1032;Armenian;Orthodox;farmers;;;;1
    1034;Armenian;Orthodox;clergymen;;;;2
    1034;Armenian;Orthodox;craftsmen;;;;3
    1034;Armenian;Orthodox;farmers;;;;9
    1035;Armenian;Orthodox;farmers;;;;1
    1036;Armenian;Orthodox;farmers;;;;1
    1320;Armenian;Orthodox;farmers;;;;1
    1380;Armenian;Orthodox;clergymen;;;;2
    1380;Armenian;Orthodox;capitalists;;;;7
    1378;Armenian;Orthodox;farmers;;;;1
    1379;Armenian;Orthodox;farmers;;;;3
    1380;Armenian;Orthodox;farmers;;;;12
    Last edited by Tunch Khan; 24-12-2003 at 08:58.
    si vis pacem para bellum Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.-Otto von Bismarck
    Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus -------- Istanbul Panorama 360°
    OttoMania - your link to the Ottoman Culture and Lifestyle in EU III
    ................. Neo-Ottomans thread
    Who is this Tunch Khan? I thought Djem de Sayd was the only Ottoman Pretender the Christians had their hands on? ~ aylo1
    To be honest, this thread might as well be closed now. We've seen Tunch Khan - I can't see that there's anywhere else to go from here. ~ Austen
    Turkey in HOI2 - OTTOMANIA ~ Mod and Modular Pack for Victoria 2 - VIEW THREAD
    ........ **Thread Monster** ... History, with all her volumes vast, hath but one page.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast