• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Macquarie, like a few of the islands get's hyper growth. One colonists and it grows into a city in no time. Others are Isle Royale, Falklands, Kitimak, Aleutes and Timara.

e.g. Just burned down a French trading post in Falklands and sent a colonists. About a year later, the population's already 108!

Now to see if the idea of taking a city and see if they build another one works. France's last colony is just about to go. :D

p.s. In this particular game, the idea of getting a city everywhere is unlikely to succeed. Far too many place in Africa that are not even settled and I'm going to need almost a third of my remaining colonists just to get the 65-odd colonies of mine up to city level.

Thx Lionheart..so it's basically some islands where you only need one colonist. A pity...it sems that the mainland colonies only grow to be 2 or 3 colonists big when you just send one colonist.
And it seems that the computerplayers rather have their colonists rot away than send them to provinces that they don't like. So I wonder what France will do.

Thank you! Why on Earth don't you want to conquer? It's kinda the point of a strategic game... Anyway, I'm happy with anything as long as you waste the Danes first thing - it's the only way to play Sweden :)
One thing is certain, EU is not a wargame. The war part of EU is pretty crappy as far as games go. EU as a world conquest game is pretty one dimensional.

Sounds like you had fun doing it and that is what counts though. I did enjoying seeing the screen shots. Try world conquest as a minor. :) How about a scotland conquers the world game? :)

:cool:
ErrantOne

Originally posted by ErrantOne

One thing is certain, EU is not a wargame. The war part of EU is pretty crappy as far as games go. EU as a world conquest game is pretty one dimensional.

Sounds like you had fun doing it and that is what counts though. I did enjoying seeing the screen shots. Try world conquest as a minor. :) How about a scotland conquers the world game? :)

:cool:
ErrantOne

Or better yet, the aztec, etheopia, or mamelucs.

Originally posted by WFHermans
Thx Lionheart..so it's basically some islands where you only need one colonist. A pity...it sems that the mainland colonies only grow to be 2 or 3 colonists big when you just send one colonist.
And it seems that the computerplayers rather have their colonists rot away than send them to provinces that they don't like. So I wonder what France will do.

Ha, it's worked a treat.:D While, England, Spain and Turkey seem to have got bored with colonising, taking that last one from France has worked wonders. Since then, they've set up two colonies in West Africa only for them to be occupied by the English and then one more in Africa, one in South America and one in the colonies. Perhaps I should have warned them to only set up two/three at a time. For now it's roll on to the next war. Perhaps I might even get Turkey to start colonising again when I take their last African colony. I'm trying to use the same approach with Spain but they have too many colonies to grab so any effect I have on them would be quite small.

Overall I think now my biggest mistake was to close certain colonisation areas off. I should have let England help with the colonisation of India and certain parts of North America while Russia would have done a bit more that I did in Siberia. Next time I think I'll let the Russian's get a little further.

Originally posted by WFHermans
Nubia could try to conquer Ragusa and then with their new golden port get a colonist each year...btw why was every port in Sweden as Worldconqueror a golden port? Just for fun or does it give extra's?

It's nice to be able to build a lot of ship instantly when
you need'em. It looks nice to as well, of course. And since
blue and yellow are Swedish colours...

Originally posted by Rictus
Just Iceland? As in one province country? On its own? Conquer the whole world? Did I mention; 1 province?

You'll notice I've given thought to it, not actually posted
the AAR :)

But as challenges go it seems a better one as compared
to the rather artificial proposals people have come up with
in the thread.

Is it doable? Dunno. There'll be precious little action for
the first 150 years or so, that's for sure.

Last edited: