• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well true enough, I suppose.

What WOULD be a challenge would be to conquer all Europe using Diploannexation ALONE...

Any takers? Not saying you can't get into a war, just saying you cannot gain territory as a result...

Originally posted by Sharur
March 15 1492? Sorry, Lionheart, not possible. Did you mean 1592? If you did, that's pretty darn impressive, especially as the Hedjaz. Gimme screenshots! :D

Mostly use the diplo-annex option with those awesome Hedjaz leader stats. Europe I had to conquer which was a bit trickier but normally a simple task of walking in.

France was probably the trickiest. That took 12 days :D

What do you mean, You don't believe me ? On my honour sir.

Originally posted by Soapy Frog
Well true enough, I suppose.

What WOULD be a challenge would be to conquer all Europe using Diploannexation ALONE...

Any takers? Not saying you can't get into a war, just saying you cannot gain territory as a result...

Well, apart from the X-ian/Musulman problem, there's a challenge I won't be playing. No aggressive wars!?!? Get outa'ere! :)

But Turkey et al can barely be considered European, so feel free to wage agressive wars against THEM... and of course there would be no way to diplo-annex them anyway.

So you can get your aggressions out on the heathens.

The rest of Europe, on the other hand, should be perfectly do-able using diplo-annexation.

Sorry I didn't have much time to post that. I waited to annex Spain for a while so that they could build but their oversees empire, but I conquered all the lands to the east of me. Then I conquered Spain, Portugal and the english. Now All I have to do is conquer Asiaand some parts of Africa.

May be I oughta send screenshots.

Originally posted by Sharur
Here's a challenge: sure, it was great when Strategy conquered the world by 1700. But I want to see someone conquer it by 1600.

Or, better yet, do it by 1500 :D

Actually, did it by 1622, to be precise. ;) 1600 shouldn't be a problem with most major powers. 1500... well, I look forward to reading an AAR about that (is it even possible to explore all of the nations in the world by 1500?). :D

Originally posted by Brad1
Sorry I didn't have much time to post that. I waited to annex Spain for a while so that they could build but their oversees empire, but I conquered all the lands to the east of me. Then I conquered Spain, Portugal and the english. Now All I have to do is conquer Asiaand some parts of Africa.

May be I oughta send screenshots.

I think a few take-over-the world screenshot AARs would be great. I've contributed with two of them, but I can't be expected to do all nations all on my own.

Still, France is an exellent nation for a quick takeover. When you "waited" for Spain, did you happen to notice if the Spainards exploited the fact that you'd whacked most other European powers? I haven't seen any AI exploit my exploits, as it were, yet.

Originally posted by adamxxx1

I think a few take-over-the world screenshot AARs would be great. I've contributed with two of them, but I can't be expected to do all nations all on my own.

Still, France is an exellent nation for a quick takeover. When you "waited" for Spain, did you happen to notice if the Spainards exploited the fact that you'd whacked most other European powers? I haven't seen any AI exploit my exploits, as it were, yet.

I had a lot of BB wars with all the countries and I weakened Spain but I left them enouth power to still explore and colonise.

Well I've still got Spain sending out few colonists in South America in 1660 so the colonisers don't seem to stop. Seeing that they have so many provinces in the region it's not quite the same but I've seen Turkey colonise Kenya (for me :D) after I'd grabbed Ambrovombe and Zanzibar so there's still scope there I think.

France OTOH, seems to just love those TP's in Africa so I guess I'll just have to take their last colony (in South America) to "encourage" further colonists out.;)

As for keeping the natives, it doesn't always work. I kept some nice peacable ones in Aires and only needed one further colonist to be sent some time in the future. Then the Spanish attacked. Before I could withdraw my troops, the natives attacked the colony and then were annihilated by the Spaniards. That's cost me one more colonial expedition now :mad:

Originally posted by Brad1

I had a lot of BB wars with all the countries and I weakened Spain but I left them enouth power to still explore and colonise.

That's strange. No matter how much I leave the major colonizers alone, they never seem to colonize much once BB wars are one. And the colonize out of their scripted areas reluctantly indeed.

About the challenge to conquer the world AND build cities everywhere - I put a colony on Maquerel or whatever it's called, completely forgot about it, and a few centuries later I stumbled upon it again and it had turned into a nice city all by itself. So we have to take into account that some provinces only need 1 colonist to turn into a city...wel I still don't think it's possible, but I wonder what other provinces just need 1 colonist to change into a city in a few centuries.