• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Annexation said:
TBC

Sneak Preview:
Prussia, Austria, France bitchslaps each other! What would happen?
Denmark tries to create presence in New World. What will US do?
Is Canada getting a divorce from UK? Would it be messy?
And who is Bhutan sleeping with? Scandal Scandal Scandal!!

Stay tuned!

LOL :rofl: Good stuff,keep it comming.
BTW are you playing 1.01 or 1.02?

To respond to some of the questions here and to clarify a few points (real update coming in one day or two with all the drama, heh)

1. I started with 1.00, then 1.01, then 1.02, then I got the Community Mod.
2. My goal? Probably grab as much territory as I can, although right now Prussia and Austria are seriously pissing on my doormat so I might see to it that both are conquered by my allies and I at the end of the game. My allies currently are UK and France with my independence guarenteed by the USA. I also have a few satellites and dominions.

I did have to use the Neville cheat once or twice when I was playing with 1.00 because the AI would just not agree to surrender, or even white peace, when I hold a pretty distinct advantage (my Afghan campaign, although later I pretty much got pushed back out), and also the frequent Austrian-Prussian wars (either with for agaisnt each other) sometimes did affect me and even when I hold 3 or 4 provinces and pretty much kicked their navy's ass they would not surrender. Also, some other global situations as of 1864:

* China won the Opium War and had not only gained an Indian province from it, but also have completely conquered and annexed Korea

* So far Italy really didn't have a chance to unify. I don't know when the event is but I think it's kind of hard to unify when I annexed most of the minors on the peninsula ;)

* In other news, Morocco is in shambles after Rebels cut it in half and gave it all to Spain. Spain is kind of in shambles because it declared war on me during my Italian campaign but after I destroyed its navy in a month we called for a white peace

* Prussia and Austria are CONSTANTLY fighting. Ususally they call for white peaces or gain/lose one or two provinces after a week months/years. My fog of war is on so I really can't tell but currently Britain is first in prestige, industry, and military.

Expect juicy World Politics Celebrity Tabloid soon :)

The Death of a General (1864-1866)

The two years between 1864 and 1866 were largely peaceful years for the Danish empire. The first Ironclads rolled out of the Flensburg dry docks late in 1864, and a small military expedition to Central America secured much of Honduras, Nicaragua, and San Salvador for the Danes. A brief war was declared between the US and Denmark, but no shots were exchanged before a white peace was signed - US was too busy fighting Mexico. General De Meza was, unfortunately, killed in action in Trujillo on the 18th of September, 1865. The greatest contemporary General in Denmark is now dead. He is succeeded by General Larsen who is rather disorganized but have a good habit of reducing attrition amongst his soldiers.

But De Meza's death was marked by far more than just a state funeral with hundreds of thousands attending the procession in front of the Christianborg. In the past 2 years, revenues have risen consistantly. Every day over 250 kroners was earned, although it is through a combination of tariffs, high taxes, and low social spending. With the demise of the ultimate national symbol, who in the past thirty years have trodden the continents of Africa, Europe, Asia, and America, claiming victory after victory. Only days after the funeral, the dissedents began to move.

The first hint of trouble was in Odense, 5600 armed partisans took the streets, only to be rapidly crushed by the Royal Home Guard with little losses to the Danish forces (15 dead). Then, Ribe revolted, and was put down as well. But the fierces storm was not to be in the Baltic.

A Signal Catastrophe (1866-1868)

The Danish Araby Native Corp is made of two divisions of Arabic native soldiers, stationed permanently in Meccah. Led by the ever ambitious General Anderson, a former poet. He led his little ragtag 20000 men in a relative comfortable position, having some uprisings but never enough to warrant too much attention.

The first signs of trouble happened in Medina on December 9th, 1865, with the uprising of 1300 locals. After a 12 day march, they were easily put down, although Christmas was celebrated in Medina for the Christian officers. On New Years Day, 1866, they marched back to Meccah as they assumed the situation was quite at hand in Medina. It was, but a storm is merely gathering.

A few days after their march started, Meccah rose in fury. It started as 1000 partisans, but then, it grew with momentum. Seeing the lack of Danish presence in the city, the rebels grew brave and furious. On January 8th, the 1000 men that were in uprising only two days ago became 6000. The Danish Mission in Meccah was under siege, but Anderson was confident of his abilities to put down the uprising, as he had done before. Native rebellions were common enough. Although his soldiers are not nearly as well trained and organized as the Danish regulars of the Home Guard of the Expeditionary Armies, usually casualties were few and far in between.

But the news grew worse. As Anderson arrived, he realizes that there are 16000 rebels, almost matching his Native divisions, who had sustained some casualties in Medina. He sent an urgent telegram asking for reinforcements, but the war cabinet was confident as well. They dispatched the transports to Tranvacore, a fourteen day journey for them from their location in the Pacific, to pick up the even more ragtag Danish Indian Corp, with only one division of Natives and led by a Brigadier. Meanwhile, in Meccah, things are turning from bad to worse.

The Rebels somehow grew to 20000, slightly more than the infantry, and they've beentaking a steady toll in early fighting, in an attempt to break through the city to the Danish Mission. The casualties were heavier on the insurgents side, but the Native Infantry lost 1000 men in the first two days in street fighting which they have yet to be trained for. The heavy machine guns were left outside of the city or on broad avenues and the soldiers were forced to fight on foot with their breech-loaders. Artillery was also unusable, especially since destruction of buildings in this city will surely create more havoc. The infantry also began deserting in numbers. By the end of the first week, 5000 were either dead, wounded, or deserted, and Anderson watches anxiously from the outskirts as he sees the city in flames. The armed rebels still numbered 10000+. The reinforcements from India are still 2 weeks away.

Cooler heads in the capital are starting to take notice of this curious situation. The Danish forces have lost rather major engagements before, and even to local forces such as Afghanistan, but never before have a rebel force raised in a colony of Denmark have came so close to defeat a Danish-officered force. A week passes and the engagement still goes on, with 3000 rebels and 7000 soldiers remaining. Victory is imminent it appears. Aden falls under siege by rebels as well, so the Indian Corp was dispatched to Aden instead, and the transports sent to San Salvador, a two month journey, to pick up the Second Expeditionary to send them home. Again, the strategic displacement of transports cost the lives of Danish soldiers.

In this case, the Aden campaign went well, but rebellion sprang up in Medina, and a few more rebels joined the Meccah fight, still raging on. 2500 rebels versus 4000 soldiers now, with the Danish Royal House extremely alarmed. It's February the first, and the transports are gone. The Indian Corp must go to Meccah on foot, a journey that will take at least a month. General Anderson sends another telegram to the war ministry, stating "...[If the situation] is not resolved and reinforcements not sent, then it would in the greatest distaste but possibility that a signal catastrophe will come at the end of this campaign."

TBC

Still a very cool AAR!

I hope that I can get the update for Victoria, so I can play my EUII games in Victoria, because in EUII I made Denmark be the biggest country in the world. I had many colonies, lot of provinces ind north Germany and had annexed Sweden! I made Sweden come back again, but this time they only had three home provinces! HAHAHAHA take that Sweden! I had also a world class army/navy So Denmark could win the war in 1864 in no time!

Krisz said:
Still a very cool AAR!

I hope that I can get the update for Victoria, so I can play my EUII games in Victoria, because in EUII I made Denmark be the biggest country in the world. I had many colonies, lot of provinces ind north Germany and had annexed Sweden! I made Sweden come back again, but this time they only had three home provinces! HAHAHAHA take that Sweden! I had also a world class army/navy So Denmark could win the war in 1864 in no time!

Hello,
quite impressive and a nice read. Have not got around to buying Victoria yet and have a question on Denmark and in general on tech differences at starting point between nations present.
In middle 1830-s Denmark had a brilliantly working repeater rifle. Samples preserved at a provincial museum, don`t remember where.
This didn`t go into series manufacture because of patent and royalty disagreements between the inventor and the government.
Can you somehow give Denmark this invention when starting game? And are not the European nations too close to eachother in tech when starting?
That`s my impression from many posts in Victoria forums.

Rgds, Oldtimer