• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Christians in the realm had parties everywhere, they claimed that a new century had started. They probably started counting when their so-called son of god was born, the idiots everybody knows the counting starts when Mohammed fled the city of Mekkah in their year 632. We let them party and just pretend that they party because of our royal marriage with Oman.

The French king, allways the same opportunist, declare war on the English, that are busy fighting the Scots, inthe month of april. Savoy, the Pope, Brittany, Poland and Helvetia join the fight. Navarre and Eire join the English but the Milanese wisely dishounor the allience.

Allmost a month later war breaks out in the Mediterreanian when the Turks and their allies declare war on the filthy Shiite in Egypt. I wish our Sunni brothers luck but I hope they leave some provinces for us to conquer.

Two days later Oman agrees to join our allience with Algiers and the Hafsid. Our allience of Sunni brothers is growing. I only wish we could include the mighty Turk but they seem happy with their Nubian and Aden allies.

The fair month of june sees the foul traitors of the Hedjaz enter an allience with their overlords and oppressors the Mammeluks. I wonder why faithfull Sunni would like to join those Shiite heretics.
The Hedjaz don't seem to have a large impact on the ongoing war for a few months later the Turk captures Allepo and the Nubians capture Cataract.

In december I am amazed by the genious of our noble generals, they have discovered that if they aim high enough the cannonballs of our artillery will hit the enemy instead of our own troops (discovered artillery support). I am happy we didn't own artillery in our last war, I fear the outcome would have been less positive.

A new year comes, the parties were fun except for a small group of youngsters that was drunk. I've had them 'voluntered' to set up a trading post in Mombasa.

We prepare for a new war, our peace treaty with the Spaniard has expired and we need to defend ourselvess. News reaches us that both Syria and Judea have fallen to the Turk.

I believe that attack is the best defense and therefore I declare war on the Spaniard before he is prepared for it. The 25th of march our mighty army of 31.000 infantry and 20 artillery lay siege to Toledo. Austria, Bohemia, Hungary and Lorraine join the Spanish side, Algiers, Oman and the Hafsid join our side. The allies of us and Spain won't have to fight much, only Algiers and the Hafsid are actually capable of reaching the Ibearian. I decide to use our migthy fleet and send 1000 men to the Baleares and the Canarys. Our fleet doesn't meet any resistance and quickly conquers the islands.
The same day the Turks capture Egypt.

We send our fleets to the harbour of Algiers for Sevilla is under siege by a rather large Spanish force and I fear the Spaniards wwould sink our ships if the city falls.

News reaches us that in the month of june we have established a trading post in Mombasa, now we are a colonial nation.

We have now entered the year 1502, the Spanissh are besieging Seville and our guns are pounding the walls in Toledo. I'm afaid Andalusia will be lost before we capture Toledo.

The 24th of february the peasants of Holstein give up their independance and are now ruled by the degenerate Danish. I don't care, the generals don't care and the king was surprised that there was a country called Holstein.

Sad news, on the 19th day of the second month the gate of Seville has opened for the Spanish general.Our monarch panicks and is scared to death when the Spaniards start marching for Sierra Nevada.
He fears that Granada is going to fall and that the Spanish will rape his harem, again.To help out our army the senile fool loans another 200 ducats. Now we have to pay the jewish bankers
400 ducats, the same as 10 years worth of taxes. To make matters worse the Spanish retook the Canarian Isles.

The month of august heralds a change of fortune, news reaches us some brave refugees have established a trading post on Puerto Rico. September brings even better news, Toledo is ours.
A small army is send to Murcia and the remaining infantry and artillery march to Madrid.

An envoy from our fleet in Algiers has reached me. Our admiral Isdrriss has studied the Algerian ships and now knows how to build mighty warships armed with cannonss. I congratulte the men, if wee had an unoccupied harbour and money I would surely build some.

The third of november we capture Murcia, our brave soldiers are surely doomed. The large army besieging Granada marches to Murcia and slaugthers our thousand soldiers.None the less it's a victory of some sort, Granada is no longer besieged.
The Spanish march to Toledo.

The yaer 1503 beginswith some rather good news, our beloved and totally incompetent monarch dies. He was found dead in his harem, crushed by his favorite girl Gretta. Gretta is a 150 kilo blonde he had imported from some german state. The country is know led by council of Sheiks, let us hope they prove to be more competent.

Friday the 13th of april was a lucky day, we captured Madrid. Once again the royal palace is looted, maps show us the Spanish discoveries: a group of isles called the Caraby's, a region called Brasilia and an ocean called the pacific. Strange, does thiss mean that the newly discovered lands are not Chipangu but another new world?

We have captured the Spanish king and after only a little torture he agrees to cede Toledo and the Baleares to Granada and donate 30 ducatss to our fund for the recently widowed.
We have won another great victory, al-Andalus is on the rise again.
We send a hundred holy men to the Baleares and they succeed in teaching to locals how to be good muslims. As reward for their good behavior we promote their local bailiff to a tax-collector.
Our remaining funds are spend on sending 6 traders to Venice and recruiting 5000 infantry.
Our last act this year is trading maps with Crimea, they reveal a nation of smelly furclad barbarians called Sibir. The Sibir claim to be Sunni so we trade maps with them, revealing a nation of even smellier furclad barbarians calledd Uzbeks. Allthough they are Sunni they are very hostile towardsour advanced nation, they are probably jealous.

And so ends another episode in the reconquista of the Ibearian

We have captured the Spanish king and after only a little torture he agrees to cede Toledo and the Baleares to Granada and donate 30 ducatss to our fund for the recently widowed.
Just a little torture? Why were you so gentle on the man? Getting civilised? :)

Note his silence on what he did to the King's relatives...

how about a screenshot of the newly-expanded al-andalus?

allying with those north african kingdoms was a good move, militarily and politically. should make spain think twice about attacking you. have you considered the possiblity of bringing portugal into the alliance? portugal and spain don't have good relations as i recall, and portugal might like a chance to expand at the expense of their larger iberian cousins. consider wooing the moroccans too. they could be useful allies against portugal when the time comes. offer tangiers to them or algiers.

the "reverse reconquista" is really picking up steam now. go grenada!

Peaceful Negotiations

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

"What's that racket?" asked Ahmed.

"Oh. That's just Barkdreg conducting negotiations with the King of Spain," replied Caleb.

"Anyone want this here finger?"

"Was that the Royal Negotiator?" inquired Ahmed.

"Yes," sighed Caleb. "His is such a tough job."

"I'll take it!"

"That sounds like our Lord Barkdreg. Does he always take a personal interest in these negotiations?"

"Sometimes. You know how much?"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Toledo! I definitely heard him say Toledo!" came the voice of the Royal Negotiator.

"These peace discussions are such a taxing time for everyo..." began Caleb.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I agree with his Highness the King of Spain. The Balearics would please us too."

Ahmed seemed delighted. "The process appears to be running along famously."

"I couldn't agree more," replied Caleb.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!"

"Anyone want his intestine?"

"You fool! Stuff that back in! The King has to return to Spain after these discussions. We don't want the Spanish to think that we're barbarians!"

"Of course Barkdreg. Forgive me."

"Fine! And don't forget to charge him 30d for our trouble!"

time for some feedback-feedback:

Lord Durham:the Spanish king was not tortured, I repeat not tortured.
We made him volunteer for medical researc, a project called: WHAT'S INSIDE MEN?

Marlborough: the relatives joined the same research project

King of Nines: good idea to bring the Portugese in my allience, but sadly it won't work, my next update explains why;)

Lord Durham: what you again? don't have an AAR of your own to complete?

the next update should follow this evening but seeing that today I have my last exam their is a small chance I will be to drunk to type
sorry guy's:(

Now, let me ask a question. What do you think of the style of this AAR. I just make notes during the game and make the story up while typing. No research, no planning, just me and my brain.
Any comments on how to improve?

Cardinal Pincers idly flicked through the 'positions vacant' section of the Madrid Times. Hmmm, interesting... that Barkdreg character was apparently causing havoc in the Granada of an alternate timeline and was advertising for the position of chief negotiator / medical researcher. Just the job for a man of Pincers' expertise. Hastily, he reached for a handy messenger and beat instructions into him to go and speak to Doctor Dee about that dimension-hopping device he'd mentioned once before... the 'tardisus', to give it its latin appellation, wasn't it?

The Moors of 1495 really wouldn't expect the Spanish Inquisition...

Sorry, Barky, couldn't resist... :D

Originally posted by Ariel
Cardinal Pincers idly flicked through the 'positions vacant' section of the Madrid Times. Hmmm, interesting... that Barkdreg character was apparently causing havoc in the Granada of an alternate timeline and was advertising for the position of chief negotiator / medical researcher. Just the job for a man of Pincers' expertise. Hastily, he reached for a handy messenger and beat instructions into him to go and speak to Doctor Dee about that dimension-hopping device he'd mentioned once before... the 'tardisus', to give it its latin appellation, wasn't it?

The Moors of 1495 really wouldn't expect the Spanish Inquisition...

Sorry, Barky, couldn't resist... :D

What's for certain is that they wouldn't expect a London police call box. An tradition would have it that Pincers would need an assistant. Preferably one who is only good for looking useless or frightened when confronted by "The Barkdreg" :D

barkdreg,

can't wait to hear the portugal saga. :) and keep up with the style. as a fellow writer, i appreciate a little creativity.

More! MORE! MORE!!!!!!!!

*goes mad*

"Smelly English
Smellier Scots
Milanese smell of Garlic
Foul smelling Black-skinned men calling themselves Ethiopians
Ugly Spanish
Ugly pig eating Russians
Frog eating French
Swine eating beer swallowing Barbarian Austrians
Filthy Shiite
Degenerate Danish"

What a colorful world Barkdreg is creating. Makes you want to drop in for a visit. I can't wait till he starts exploring the rest of the world's fragrant and handsome people.:D :D

Joe

Originally posted by Coeur de Lion

What's for certain is that they wouldn't expect a London police call box. An tradition would have it that Pincers would need an assistant. Preferably one who is only good for looking useless or frightened when confronted by "The Barkdreg" :D

The assistant would also have to scream loudly and long. Wait a minute, what was the name of the female warrior. Ah yes Lela. I think she would give Barkdreg a run for his money.

"Let me kill him Doctor!

Now, now Lela you can't go around killing people like that."

"Why?"

"It's not considered polite. Besides you can't carry on a pleasent
conversation when with them when they're dead. "

Alright Doctor but I think you should kill your enemies not talk to them."

Joe

Cool, I'm sitting here, slightly drunk, reading all those comments on my AAR. It looks like my style is liked so I'll continue writing like this. Now I'm going to ask a very stupid question(call me a barbarian or an ignorant fool): who is doctor Dee and what the hell is a Lela?
Next update tomorow(if don't have a hangover:rolleyes: )

The only reference (for Dr Dee) i can think of now is off the Bastard son of a bastard tale, of which you were prominent in, so that alcahol must be really getting to you, for you to forget that. Elsewhere, I have no idea, and Lela, I assume was someone from Dr Who (i assume)

Originally posted by Barkdreg
Cool, I'm sitting here, slightly drunk, reading all those comments on my AAR. It looks like my style is liked so I'll continue writing like this. Now I'm going to ask a very stupid question(call me a barbarian or an ignorant fool): who is doctor Dee and what the hell is a Lela?
Next update tomorow(if don't have a hangover:rolleyes: )

I keep forgetting not everyone has seen the English TV series Dr. Who. My post was in respone to Coeur de Lion and Ariel's mentioning on the Tardis, a time machine used by a time lord called Dr. Who. He used it to jump around the universe and save us all from whatever evil villian was causing trouble at the time. Lela was a kick ass female warrior who would have given Barkdreg a run for his money. :D She looked damn good in that little leather outfit she wore.

Joe

Dr. Dee already appeared in the Chamberpot mystery. There, as you will remember, Cruel Charlie was losing his mind (this is just before he started sleeping with Princess Anne). At the same time he and a certain under-servant by the name of "Rictus" were getting into some really kinky late-night stuff involving a dog-collar, a leash and large amounts of vaseline. To save Cromwell's ability to run the Empire (he was awfully tired in the mornings) Dr. Dee came along and performed a black-art ritual which sucked the life energy (aka Mojo) out of Rictus and fed it into Cruel Charlie, restoring to him his perfect and perfidious health. Rictus, bless him, did survive the shamanistic soul channeling, but only as a lifeless, comatose body. Contrary to popular belief, his is not dead yet. In fact, were his body to die, Cromwell would cop it as well. (Take note of that, lads.) At the moment Johaan, Rictus' brother is searching him under the Privy Council building with Scot and an orphaned cross-dresser with venerial disease called Hester Hollifield. Dr Dee, by the way, in the demonic deal demanded that Cromwell liberate Jerusalem or something. Cruel Chuck made good on that promise in the Bastard episode.

PS.: If you don't know what the dickens I'm talking about, read the Chamberpot thread and the Bastard thread, and, of course, Ariel's Something Different AAR. While you're at it, read The Merchant of Venice, War and Peace, and Ulysses. It's about time you did something for your education.

And then read Paradise Lost cover to cover in one sitting, and get a spoung ready so we can clean up after your head explodes :D

Ooooh, and you just gave me an idea how my posse of disgruntled Irish rebels might have a role to play in the story after all :D

Last edited: