• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Russification and Germanization

Are you able to flood provinces with your own people so that the cultural fabric of a certain province becomes a majority of your own people or is that not possible. An example would be taking the population of a foreign nation and spreading it around your fully Russian provinces, while bringing massive Russian immigrants into the province. This isn't genocide the way some liberals here will scream that it is, but rather a forced absorption of a foreign population into your own.

Weeel basically....

In my country i have 61.9 Million people.

66.7% of them are Russians.

The rest are 4% Byellorussian 12% Ukrainian 7%Polish 5%Finn 1% Ural-ese 1% Aleutan 1% Circaassian (steppe dummy?), and some others.

My Russian population makes up the vast majority in all provinces execpt some in the Ukraine, and Poland. My Russian pop has grown MUCH faster than the rest of my pops.

Also lots of non-russians emigrate. So i guess the answer to your question would be sorta.

Originally posted by Alain-Masque
Weeel basically....

The rest are 4% Byellorussian 12% Ukrainian 7%Polish 5%Finn 1% Ural-ese 1% Aleutan 1% Circaassian (steppe dummy?), and some others.

Also lots of non-russians emigrate. So i guess the answer to your question would be sorta.

I guess I asked the wrong question.
Here it is again.

1. Are you able to move a certain number of people from one province to another? Are you able to colonize a certain province with only people of your choosen race? Are you able to colonize provinces which are already considered states?

2. Does the minority population get swallowed up by the majority population over time? What I mean is, does the Polish population of Krakow or Warszawa become smaller over time or does it still grow, even if there are more Russians in the province than there are Poles?

3. When recruiting soldiers are you able to choose which race they are taken from? For example, it might be easier to have an 80% Russian population if you take all your soldiers from the conquered peoples (Poles, Finns, Mongols or Arabs) rather than taking from all races equally.

Your Nicholas I looks suspiciously much like Peter the Great... He send Irena to a convent? Went to the West to learn their ways? Me thinks you've been reading a lot about Petrine Russia lately... :D

Keep up the good work! Make Zhirinovsky's wish come true; let Russian soldiers wash their boots in the warm water of the Indian Ocean! ;)

I will post this again and ad nasuam, read the stickies:

If it can be commented in one post, Then use one post not two in a row, edit works just fine ;) (this is not for the author its for the commenters)

If you need to ask a game question that has nothing specific to do with the AAR, Then ask it in the GD

This is sort of a test and trial period, and I'm willing to let things pass until we find a good level, but frequent transgression Will be seen as spamming and will result in warnings

V

But what will happen once 150 austrian divisions invade? Well, atleast this fellow here seems to be better at war than me...

More updates forthcoming =)

Ericsaxon-

No, i don't think i can move my ethnic pops around. At least i dont' know how to if i can.

My minorites do seem to be getting smaller over time, as most of their provinces have high emigration levels. But the growth of my minorities due to conquest outstrips any shrinkage due to emmigration.

In alaska the Russian populations seems to have increased drastically versus the Aleutian one.

1845-1850

These years were relatively quiet and peaceful. Tsar Nicholas continued promoting the arts, but became increasingly violent. Some would say he was insane.

Nearly fourty percent of all Russians could read at this time, and in the Empire there were over seventy five million souls.

The Railroad network expanded and much industry was built in the area around St. Petersburg, Moscow and Poland.

Due to a polish national congress the poles rebelled several times. These rebellions were quickly crushed and Nicholas had many poles exiled to Siberia.

THE GREAT WAR

The decision to declare war was ignomious and rather ungrand. Due to the urging of his most prominent advisors Tsar Nicholas was basically forced to declare war or watch most of the nobility defect and attempt to put Irena on the throne. This was caused by an age old Russian desire to posess Tsarograd and the Ottoman Empire's recent weakness (she lost a war to France and Egypt).

January 1st 1850, News reached his most Sublime Porte, Grand Vizier Abdullah of the Ottoman Empire, that Russia had declared war the previous day. When the sultan was informed,he fell upon the floor and wept. Grand Vizier Abdullah was placed in command of the Combined Ottoman Serbian armies and sent north. The Sultan had Abdullah strangled with a silken rope several days later when word of the Ottoman Armies defeats reached Istanbul.

Several days later Prussia and Sweden honouring their alliance declared war on the Ottoman Empire. Counterbalancing Prussia and Sweden, Moldovia and Serbia declared war on Russia.

For unknown reasons The United Kingdom declared war upon the Russian alliance the following day, dragging Persia into the great war with it.

Denmark then declared war on Prussia.
Prussia's allies, a massive conglamoration of German states, honoured their alliance and entered the war against Denmark and the Anglo-Ottoman Alliance.

Thus the stage for the great war was set....

Army Size 1850

Russian Coalition

Russia- 72 divisions 750,000 Men
Prussia- 29 divisons 330,000 Men
Sweden- 8 divisions 80,000 Men
Lesser German States-6 divisions 60,000 Men

Anglo-Ottoman Alliance

Great Britain- 186 divisions 1,875,000 Men
Ottoman Empire- 15 divisions 150,000 Men
Persia- 11 Divisions 110,000 Men
Denmark- 3 Divisions 30,000 Men
Moldovia- 2 Divisions 20,000 Men
Serbia-1 Division 10,000 Men

(note numbers are estimates based as the number of 2,000 man guards attachments is unkown)

The first battles of the Great War were fought in Persia with 120,000 Russians invading. After a month of fighting (in which none of persia's allies gave aid to her) the capital Tehran fell to the extremely proficient Russian General Mikhail Plebeschev.

Peace was negotiated Febuary 24th Persia ceded Khvoy Merv and Tabriz to Russia and agreed to pay indemities.

Hmm, don't do like me and ignore to put troops in occupied provinces beyond the front (why do you my AAR title had defeats before victories...)

Good luck with the Ottomans, although I assume you have already passed that stage at this point.

Btw, how many of your divisions are reserve (mobilized) and regular (built ones)?

First Battle of Constanta

Unbeknownst to Russia, the Ottoman Empire had begun mass conscripting serfs and when she mobilised she was able to field 11 quickly trained divisions of Irregular troops.

The Ottoman Generals decided the best way to win this war was to retake the choke point at Constanta (lost in the first week of the war) and heavily fortify the passes located there.

Thus 20 divisions of Ottoman troops were hastily scrapped together and prepared to attack the 120,000 Russians encamped there.

We are on the march, to where i know not. Though I trust in my capitan, he is very wise, i cannot help but to wonder....
------------
Recently the officers have become very excited. We are marching nearly twenty miles a day. I have no boots my feet are worn and bloody, the quality of the army is disentigrating.....My capitan has disappeared and been replaced with some Serbian who hardly speaks Turkish
--------------

Tomorrow we fight. We are encamped on a ridge just above the Russian troops, i can feel the tension in the air. We greatly outnumber them... but...

-----------

What is the purpose of life in a world where an ottoman army is so easily defeated!?!?!?

I fought hard. My brothers in arms fought hard. We all fought hard. Yet, we were slaughtered by the Russians. I see no one I recognize around me, we have no tents, for our supplies were captured by a flanking Russian dragoon brigade. Most of the men have not eaten in several days, and only one in five soldiers has a rifle. I know not how many men died but i would estimate at least half of our number.* The battle had been going well. We charged and pushed the Rusisans back farther into the valley. Their backs were against the wall. So what if they killed more of us then we killed of them? We still were winning. Unfortunately on the sixth day of battle an allah-cursed Russian army appeared to our west. It was said to be several times the size of our force. Most of the men broke and retreated, but alas! We had no horse, and most of those who retreated were ran down and kilt! The artillery was captured and turned against our own men.

It was a disaster, the worst in Ottoman History.

*The unknown soldier was overly positive of the 20 Ottoman divisions that engaged in the Battle of Constanta Eight divisions worth of men reached the rally point in Silistra.

I have 17 divisions in reserve. I didn't count them in my troop assessment =).

I know i learned the garrisoning province rule well in my war with Afghanistan. I invaded afghanistan with some 120,00 men. I took all but one of their provinces then suddenly 10,00 men began springing up in each province =) it was hell. By the end of the war the Afghans had an army of like 200,000 thousand.

Some pretty pictures =)

(my game CTD'ed after annexing Serbia so i'll come here and post)

Both of the Great Alliances
http://pictures.care2.com/view/2/615648692
(I'm yellow, my allies green, my enemies red)

The Brit's hard coded landing into Crimea (with 100,000 men)
http://pictures.care2.com/view/2/250497670

The Ancient English Peace Sabotage Strategy
http://pictures.care2.com/view/2/645563649
(Look at my prestige loss if i accept... -503!)
Map of the Middle East
http://pictures.care2.com/view/2/886143017

Progress into the Balkans after Constanta
http://pictures.care2.com/view/2/992133084

Coming in the next update

subtitle: PLEASE SOMEONE READ MY AAR!

Moldovian Campaign

The Battle for Tsarograd

The Ottoman Caucausus offensive

British Hard coded landings into Crimea

Massive Russian political changes

and more!!

damn... next update 100th post =)

Somehow Russia knew to station 320,000 of her troops in Crimea before any invasion was launched, perhaps the following british letter was intercepted.

To: Her Majesty's Admiralty

We have finished surveying all of Russia's invadable beaches and complied the following statistics:

Garrisons
Crimea- 320,000 Russian soldiers, 24 Russian Warships
Rest of Russia- 0 Russian Soldiers, 4 Russian Warships

Seven days later the first wave of British troops landed on the beaches of the Crimean peninsula. There were barely subdued snickers at British Intelligence in St. Petersburg for weeks.

Nicholas, now quite insane, commanded a daring attack into the well defended moldovian provinces on August 2nd 1850. 200,000 Russian troops were diverted to this purpose under General Peter Dimodowsky (earlier mentioned as a lieutantant).

The defending Ottoman-British-Moldovian force of roughly 50,00 men won several early victories and had Dimodowsky's force completly surrounded in Iasi before they were surrounded and slaughtered, to a man. As Moldovia was an isolated pocket of the Ottoman Alliance it stood no chance of reinforcement, thus by 1852 Moldovia was completely incorporated into the Ottoman Empire.

http://pictures.care2.com/view/2/989001674
You can see moldovia in the upper left.

Meanwhile the Russian forces in the Crimea were pushed back out of the Crimea due to hundreds of thousands of British landing there. In fact by the begining of 1852 there were more British in Crimea than Crimeans. 100,000 Russians were transfered form the Caucausas front to the Crimean. Meanwhile eight new artillery brigades were formed and dispatched wherever needed most.

ooc: i have the third largest military in the world, at 78 land divisions and 20-something naval ships. Britain has landed at least 300,000 troops in crimea. It has taken the majority of my army to stop the British incursions which is why my advance into the Ottoman Empire is very slow. And after finally killing millions of brits they offered me a white peace which would give me -502 prestige. No Thank you. Also i made the mistake of engaging Britain in a naval battle, my navy got it's ass handed to it =). This will be further described in upcoming updates.

I should be weeping if in this game the Brits are so stupid as to land millions of troops in Crimea. But as this is a Russian AAR, I somehow feel very satisfied ;).

lol. I like that intercepted British intelligence. :)

It's too bad, I was so heartened about hearing about the British actually landing significant numbers of troops, and then I find out that it's all hardcoded! :(

Anyway, we are reading your AAR, please keep writing it.

Why not take the prestige hit and then make up for it by taking much much more from the Ottomans that you can while fending off the Brits in the Crimea?