• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stingray

General
64 Badges
Sep 18, 2002
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
Your general prussian/german screenshot spam, with some explanation.

Ok, this is to become an AAR, but first, I'm gonna have to learn how to post pics, as well as take them off old save games. SInce I'm such a crappy writer, and I lack a decent imagination, it'll be a rather blunt AAR, packed with screenshots, and some explanation.

OK, I'm posting the first screens tonight, I know I've overdone it though, and some pics will be removed once new ones are added to keep loading times somewhat acceptable.

Last edited:
Yay, they work :)

ScreenSave10jpg.JPG

ScreenSave13jpg.JPG

ScreenSave14jpg.JPG

Well, the first save I have, doesn't say much really, The War against denmark went well, Sweden didn't interfere, and denmark lost all lands with even a tiny percentage of germans in them in the peace settlement. My industry is up and running and the railways are being expanded. Colonial ventures are underway, with atjeh, madagaskar, and cameroon under prussian control, as well as minor parts of arabia.

ScreenSave15jpg.JPG

ScreenSave18jpg.JPG

I got an early unification event (I turned down the first one, in 1848) because the german nations had all fared better than historically against the revolutionaries. So in 1851, germany was formed, and immediatley got crappy relations with all other Great Powers except england. With this new manpower and idustrial base, I proceeded to expand my colonies, building missions over all the parts of africa I could get to. Also, german India had been created, and expanded, now covering vast land area and housing millions of people.

Last edited:
Well, that's the consequenses of having a small standing army. England fields 2,430.000, in that pic (well, the main stack that is), france fields about 1,5 million, but luckily, some hundread thousands of them are stuck in the colonies. I fielded like 580.000 I think. With a lot more on their way. The reason that I hold is mostly because of good leaders and good artillery, which almost all of my forces are equipped with. Do note that austria is in a war against russia, them being caught up in their trouble is probably what saved my nation, even if a medium power like the neatherlands had invaded at that point, I'd been broken and utterly defeated. (It was a bit scary when they all started mobilising around me).

Last edited:
how profitable is your colonization? how costly is it? (I really want to know, because I'm a complete colonization freak and always end up colonizing everything I see, while playing as Bhutan or something)

also, how did you unify germany so fast? what events was it?

excellent screenies and good job. hope you can get southern germany back

Who's with me in saying the UK AI needs better garrison priorities? ;)

Why does the fog of war seemingly not apply to the UK, but does to everywhere else?

Originally posted by Gwalcmai

Why does the fog of war seemingly not apply to the UK, but does to everywhere else?

probably because the player is allied to the UK, that removes the FoW.

how profitable is your colonization? how costly is it? (I really want to know, because I'm a complete colonization freak and always end up colonizing everything I see, while playing as Bhutan or something)

Well, I never accually checked if the colonies themselves brought in any profit, I took them early for the prestige, the map looks, (can't have an empire that doesn't span the globe can you ;) ) And to be self-sufficeant in resources. Later on I relised that you can turn the colonists into anything you like and then have them immigrate to your country, but since I already had problems with having a lot of different pops to keep track of, I turned them into soldiers and officers and cut my home soldiers by half (later on, when I stopped trying to be even remotely historical and realistic, basically my whole MP and leadership was recuited in the colonies). I don't think that I've ever accually gained a profit now though, since I've invested a lot of money into railways and sometimes forts, as well as troops to garrison the lands.

Oh, and england later split that pile into two :p. It doesn't really matter for england though, they have the largest fleet and the largest army on the globe, and has succeeded in deploying it aginst russia several times.

Last edited:
Ok, an update (well sort of)

The war with france raged on, there were somewhat terrible losses in the west, were most of the french army was assultng (and thus most of the german army was defending). But the front held, and I even managed to push into kleves for a short while (to free up troops that were being created there). The western front was now brutal but stable, allowing me to gain initiative.

I put some newly created units into the east front, which was barely defended by any units at all, but with all units tied up in the west, france could still advance with minor forces taking terretory.) pushing back the minor french units stationed there and making their way into occupied bavaria. still more forces were raised, but by now, money was dangerously low, forcing me to stop raising forces (since I had to sell the artillery, and couldn't afford to pay any more upkeep anyway), as well as taking out more taxes. With money as low as 20.000 at times, I managed to get by through selling tech to russia, and then finally got my economy to hover around the 0 income.

The sacrifices were not in vain though, as the french forces in germany, (stuck in their trenches since they would face defeat if they gave them up) were encircled and beaten, with several thousands prisoners taken (not that you cana accually take POW in the game). Now france herself lay in front of the german armies, shaken by the might of her prey.

With quick assults of the still weakly defended forts of Strassbourg and Mühlhausen, a way into france was opened, and the forces poured into the country eager to take revenge upon the brutal invaders. But france was yet not beaten. Her invading forces were gone, but still, over half a million troops stood between germany and her goal, Paris, and the defeat of france.

ScreenSave8jpg.JPG

Well, I checked on france after that war, and they we're going down the drain. They had a population of about 30 million, a literacy of 32%, and a military of several hundred thousands. Their tech must've been rather crappy. Their industrial strength was decent though, it just couldn't beat mine. It was kind of like a all or nothing chance they used, had I folded they would've been the prime power of the world, just like that.

How exactly did that war end?

You should try for the same thing as Dark_Teuton :D

The war raged on, the matinly Prussian war industry was up and running at full steam, and units were spit out at a good pace, the lack of export artillery still made the economy fragile though, and sometimes we were forced to halt unit production to stabilise it. The war in france saw progress though, as the german armies pushed further and further into france, not without resistance, but superior german tech and artillery numbers made a noticeable impact on the outcomes of the battles.

The french did not just sit idle though, a partially successful landing in northwestern germany served to draw forces away from the front, and minorly disrupt the production. After a gathering of the combined german fleet, a grand sea battle was fought against france in the helgoland bay. EVen though the fleet was inferior to frances main fleet, it managed to break the shipment of french reinforements, and france was forced out of the northern theater step by step.

In the meanwhile german froces pushed furiously into france, sending the frogs fleeing before their trampling feet.

ScreenSave33jpg.JPG

The french, now exausted by the long war, finally accepted their failure and gave up Alsace-Lorraine for peace. The new world order was clear for evryone to see, germany had bested france and taken her place as a proven great power in the leauge of contenders.

ScreenSave35jpg.JPG

Well, I just wanted peace, besides, I wanted to be able to beat france all over again in 1914 or something similiar ;) (However, after checking their state somewhat closer, that was a stupid idea. France was truly in shambles, with an overgrown army, fleet, a mere 30% literacy and some 30 million inhabitants. It had bet it's all on the war, and lost big.)

ScreenSave52jpg.JPG

French dreams of world order (from my Italian game, with me attempting to overthrow my goverment, which failed badly btw)

Last edited: