• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by anti_strunt
The poor Spaniards! :( :)

Spain? Poor?

Never!

;)

Chapter 5 - Europe in Flames

Navarra had expanded a lot lately, but her expansion had not been noticed, or at least not done something against. You may wonder why, Juan did too, and for the first time since the wars started that day in January Juan called for his foreign minister, Ibáñez de Muruzapal, to meet with him.

- Update me on the situation in the world Ibáñez. I have been pretty busy lately, how come people are not reacting at my great conquests?
- Señor, there is another little country, only a city state in the Holy Roman Empire actually, who has expanded even more than your Majestys great conquests
- What country can that be?
- There are 6-7 of the electors that has allied, and are now messing up the Holy Empire greatly. The country I'm speaking of is Kleves, and it has nearly 10 doubled its size these 10 years. The others; Lorraine, The Platinat and Würtemberg, has also expanded, 2-3 provinces but not as much as the city of Kleves. This is the alliance
Ibáñez handed over a hand drawn map

ScreenSave9.jpg

- By the way, the pope wants us to be good catholics and declare war on them. I'd reccomend you do, you won't be in danger; Germany is far from here, and we need this alliance.
Ibáñez lowered his voice
- Between you and me, I only think the pope wants the rich city of Genova, but that would be considered herecy if I told that loud and the penalty for herecy is execution
- You have nothing to fear Ibáñez, I wouldn't let my excellent foreign minister get executed just like that
- Thank you, your Majesty
- No problem
- Another thing you should know is that the ottoman turks, a moslem country in the far east, are expanding an awful lot into Europe. You can see that in the lower right corner of that map. They are doing better than anyone could expect, all of the venetian islands in the eastern mediterranian, save Cyprus, are now controlled by the evil turks. Christianity is threatened. Hungary has fallen, and a very weak Austria is next.
- That's far away from here, I better don't care. If the pope wants me to do something I will, but only to save the alliance.
- Anything else you want me to know?
- Not really, I suppose you already know about the so-called new contnents that England, Portugal and Spain claims to have found when trying to find the western sea-route to India.
- Yeah, the french officer Foix said he had found maps in Madrid but he didn't want to show them. I guess we'll have a look next time we attack Spain. Thank you Ibáñez, you can leave now.
- Any time, your Majesty

One year later the pope had assaulted and gotten Genova in the peace deal

Originally posted by ladyfabia
Good strategy!
You have locked Roussilon and you can take it whenever you want in the war ;)

Actually, the only reason I didn't take it was that it was controlled by France :p :D

Before anyone asks, you can't see the images cause my account at villagephotos has been locked for the reminder of the day. I exceeded the daily bandwidth limit of 5.00MB with 0.05 MB :eek:o