• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Listening carefully to the Captain, Lt. Cook is slowly nodding her head. Once the Captain is finished outlining the plan Cook moves off with corporal Exterous toward the start of the bridge where the four Germans are on sentry duty.

"Wait here for a minute, I'll distract them" Smiles slightly then starts to take off her boots. Once she has removed her boots she stands up and undoes the belt holding her trousers up. She notices the stares she's getting.

"Never seen a ladies legs before?" She asks jokingly and drops the trousers to the ground. Bunched up and tucked into her trousers was the bottom half of a white dress, which she now spreads over her legs. The removing her shirt, the rest of the outfit is visible. A white and blue evening dress of a reasonably high quality. After adjusting her smallish bosom in the low cut front of the outfit she takes a bundle out of her backpack unwraps it and sits down and pulls on what look like steel capped high heels! After slipping her knife down the front of her dress and making sure it will stay there, she outlines her plan.

"I'll make out like I'm tipsy and on my way to see the Colonel at the base. I'll pretend to stumble so one of the guards can catch me. I'll get it so two of them are close to me then I'll take them out. If you guys can handle the other two that would be nice. clear?" at the mischievously nodding heads she gets up and walks onto the bridge.

This is it Rebecca time to show these boys that girls can do this stuff just as well as they can. Dammit sister better! Privately smiling to herself she approaches the German sentries.

"Was ist los frauline?" The guard asks.

"Why hello, big boy" she coos back. "I was going to see the colonel but what a strapping man you are" She looks him up and down same as the four of them are doing to her. "You must work out?" She is very close now and suddenly she drunkenly staggers right into the guards arms.

"Wow what strong arms" She clutches at him. He puts an arm around her waist, very low on her waist at that! She leans into him and rests her head on his chest. Another of the guards approaches and puts a hand on her back.

"Maybe you should stay here with us where it’s safe" He suggests.

All of a sudden Cook moves her knee up into the guard she's clutching at groin. With a whoosh of air he collapses clutching himself in that area. She whirls and with a lightning fast kick catches the other man on the chin with her steel capped shoes. Then ducking the ground to avoid the other two Germans she waits for the help she asked for. Meanwhile sliding the knife concealed in her brassiere into her hand accidently cutting it open in her haste to draw her weapon.

Last edited:
Kelley didn't bother to watch the agent change her clothes. He had seen enough of that sort of thing to be immune, nor did he like the idea of behaving like a panting dog. Ah have been manipalated too f*ckin' many tahms bah that sh*t in mah lahf, an'Ah ought'ta know better at mah age. She explained the plan; he nodded along with the others, drew his knife, cut a healthy chew of tobacco from a plug, then had a look at the situation.

To one side of the bridge was a pool with a little bank. He motioned that direction to make the others aware, quietly slung his submachinegun over his back, then began to circle around right in a near-silent crawl, planting rather than sliding knees and hands. As the Leftenant--or so she pronounced it--moved forward, he snuck along the bank toward the bridge. Carefully he peeped over it. The nearest sentry had turned to face the Leftenant. Has'ta be the neck, he thought. Damn handy we just happened'ta run inta a bunch'a Krauts who understand English.

Then the Leftenant created her distraction. Well, Ah'll be a barefoot cousin-humper from Missoura. Gal ought'ta be dropkickin' for George Halas. The sentry before Kelley froze for a moment; his last. The old cavalryman simply stood up, sighted carefully and brought the knife back through the German's neck almost to the spine, then half dragged and half shoved him down the bank. One German was on the other edge of the bridge doing whatever, one was on the ground holding his nuts, and the nearest remaining one was flat on his back contemplating a broken jaw. The burly American silenced him forever with a downward stab to the throat, then crouched facing the Leftenant's position to see if anyone needed help. Reckon that Kraut on the ground's her kill if she wants it, he thought coldly. Ah ain't gonna horn in--less Ah haveta.

Last edited:
I listened to the Captain's plan and then moved out with the rest of my squad to the far side of the bridge. We all move carefully and silently, as a good elite unit should.

I took the lead as we headed northeast of the bridge. The trek was interesting as the loose rocks threatened roll down the hill and maybe alert the sentires.

I heard a scuffle behind me and whirled around. Morpheus was holding Jech up from where he almost fell. Blitzkrieg growled and glared, but i motioned them silently on. Best not to think about the nasty fall Jech almost had. Just hope the sentries didn't hear anything.

While moving I constantly looked for the safest place to put my foot, while trying to concentrate on the events that needed to happen for us to safely get across the bridge. The rest of the arduous trek passed without incident and we were finally within sight of the bridge. First, I made sure that the sentries weren't on alert. Two were leaning on the posts and another looked like he was about to doze off. I looked for cover and spotted a cluster of trees with decent underbrush closer to the bridge. I motioned and we headed out towards it.

We took cover behind the row of trees about 10 yards away from the sentries. The uncleared shrubs made decent cover. It was a bit close, but i wanted to be in knife range. We would use silenced weapons if nessisary but i wanted to conserve ammo and didn't want to risk a missed kill.

At the near side of the bridge, our new found LT decided to go distract the germans. It was a good idea, but some part of me didn't want her to put herself in harms way. I knew she was a big girl and could handle herself, but still.....guess I'm still a little chivalous.

Lt Cook went off to go distract the Germans. On the far side of the bridge we waited for the distraction. I assigned everyone a target: Blitzkrieg, the one on the far right, Jech, the one to the left of that, Morpheus, you get the one towards the middle with the beard, and Pinkus-pills, you get the on on the far left. I will take the one to the right of him. I will strike first so i can get to the sixth man before he knows whats going on.

On the far side, Lt. Cook managed to distract the center most guards. Actually all were distracted and were focused on her. The leaners and sleepy were definately alert, but now everyone was facing away from us. Well, its not like you put your best troops on sentry duty on some unknown bridge and i could understand them being distracted by a pretty lady.

She practically fell into the arms of her target. I guestured to the men to wait for her signal. I had asked her what signal she was going to give and only got a "You'll know when you see it" as a response.

Suddenly she kneed one man in the groin. "Thats just harsh" mumbled pinkus-pills. I think he'd been there before with one of his lady friends. Reguradless, that was the signal and it was time for us to spring into action.

My hands flashed the go signal and we left our concealed position. Blitzkrieg had the farthest distance to cover, about 15 yards or so, but all the germans had their backs to us. We ran quickly and silently towards our targets.

Rising towards our tagrets from the trees, we approached the sentries silently from behind. I was a bit in front of the others as I had to take out two of them.

I reached the centermost germanand wrapped my hand around his mouth from behind and slit his throat. By now the sentries were shouting at Lt Cook on the far side of the bridge so they didn't hear the quiet gurgle of the now dead german. I quickly turned towards my next target.

I reached him 2 seconds later. I grabbed his shoulder, spinning him around. He had a shocked look on his face as I plunged my knife into his chest. My other hand went to cover his mouth. There was a wet crunch noise and I knew my knife had hit the sternum. I had hit him at an angle so my strike didn't have enough force to crack it. I had to yank my knief out and plunge it in again to finish the job.

I looked up and saw that the other team members had quietly and efficiently delt with the remainder of the Germans.......Nope, as bored as always

Last edited:
After Captain coats finished the briefing, Morpheus slung his Thompson onto his back and followed Exterous. While they were going up the rocky slope to bypass the bridge itself, he looked down and saw Lt. Cook and the others silently moving into position. Smiling to himself. He turned back to his climb.

Suddenly he heard a clatter of rocks. Whirling, he saw jech begin to tumble. Snapping out with his arm, he managed to catch the man's arm. With a grateful smile, Jech steadied himself and they both kept walking.

Once they reached the far side of the bridge, Morpheus and the others all got low and watched as the Lt. created her distraction. Morpheus winced as she suddenly turned and kneed one unlucky man in the groin. He heard pinkus-pils whisper something about "harsh." Although he felt sorry for the poor guy, he was the enemy, and such things were necessary. This is war, after all....

He was shaken out of his thoughts when Exterous flashed his hand and rose from his position.

Following quickly and silently after Exterous, Morpheus's hand went to his knife. It was stuck. DAMN! he thought. Well, there's more than one way of killing a German.

When he reached his bearded target, a split second after the Corporal dispatched the first sentry, he quickly wrapped his left arm around his throat and his right around his forehead. Ripping his right arm savagely in the same direction, he heard a great craaack. Perfect, he thought as he let the lifeless sentry drop to the ground. The sound had alerted the other sentries to the squad's presence, but by that time the rest of the men were among them like wolves among sheep.

The struggle didn't last long at all.

Last edited:
Odd I belive this Lt. Cook, likes to be the center of attention. Very ballsey move, crazy and careless in my humble opinion but ballsey none the less.

The soldiers eyes never left the young woman's form, even as she took the life from that young soldier. His eyes glassed over, poor man, at least he got to see a pretty girl when his ticket was punched. More than most of us get thats for sure. This woman is that X-Factor on this mission, I really dont know much about her and yet the Captin is comfortable around her. Should be enough for me...but it's not.

This cold weather makes one slow and sluggish, thats in our favor. We know whats coming the sentries have no clue. After Lt. Cook made her move the rock of our company made his. When his blade bit into the man's neck, I was suprized that his head stayed on. The amount of force that Kelly put behind his stroke was shocking, but as I've come to understand in my short time here is that you get the job done. Whatever it takes.

The shrub bushes were hardly what one would want to use to hide behind for an ambush but it will have to do. I loved the chill when I was young but now when my breathing gives my position away I hate it, how did I forget my scarf? Stupid mistakes can take a mans life out here, this is my second one.

At the death rattle sound of his friends, the last sentry started to raise his weapon, the barrel of the rifle pointing right at Lt. Cook. I had no time to move closer to the man still 12' away but my knife was already in my hand. As if in slow motion I can still see it all happen. The soldiers long rifle slowly moving up, my arm sweeping forward. The knife's edge caught a ray of moon light as it tumbled through the night. The blade hitting the man between the shoulder blades, the thunking sound as it passed through mucle and bone. That final puff of breath as he when to his knees. Slowly falling face first into the cold hard dirt.

My act was in no way chivalrous, even tho the Lt. could have been shot. I was just doing my job and my training pulled me through.

I signal all clear to the Captin, now we wait and hope the other squad has it a bit easier...

The husky Kansan watched in grim satisfaction as Fade aborted his target's effort to put a Mauser round in the Leftenant. A quick nod--nahs work, boy--then he pointed to the man laying on the ground holding his nuts and made an unmistakable hand signal: either she finishes him off, son, or you do. If you don't, Ah will, an' furthermore, Ah ain't gonna f*** around over here much longer whahl she hunts around in her knickers, or whatever the hell Lahmey gals calls their brazeers.

Blitzkreig looked around, everyone was ready for the attack. The corporal had assigned targets, his was farthest right, and weapons were out. Deciding not to put anything at risk by using the Luger, he pulled out his knife with a low, hissing noice. He would have to fix that when he got back, even the least of sounds carried far in the night. If you get back... A little voice in his head whispered, discouraging and pesimistic as always. He would have to fix that too when he got back, he mused, with for him typically cynical humour. He shook his head unconsiously, he was a fool thinking of such things now, lapse in concetration at the wrong time and there wouldn't be a next time.

Seeing the other men surge forward on the given signal, he leaped out of cover at a dead run, he wouldn't want a ready target with his Luger holstered. Wondering why the others sacrificed speed for silence, he realised the guards had been more or less alerted by the Leutnants attack on the other side of the bridge. He didn't care much, seeing the other leap on their unaware prey, he took the final step before launching himself at the German soldier he had been assigned. Hearing a half-muffled creaking noice from Morpheus' target, the German had but a half moment of warning and opened his mouth for a shout before the well-abled body of his assailant smashed into him. As did the knife.

Blitzkreig took a bruise or two from the impact on the ground, but rose indifferently. His target, however, did not. The knife still potruded from the mans throat, wide-eyed and trying to make audible noices, the mans life ebbed away. Not bothering to remove his own knife, wedged in steadily in the guards throat, he took the guards knife and its scabbard, and discarded his own. It was only a simple service field knife that almost all German soldiers carried with them. Besides, his old one was bound to stick at the wrong time sometime soon, this one was well-kept and showed no signs of rust or stains. It would do just fine.

Seeing that the mans eyes were still wide open, bulging even, from a violent death, he crouched down and closed them quietly. One more brother, one more enemy, one more sin and one more life on his responsibility. Rising with a look on his face that could almost be interpreted as sadness, he looked around, seeing all enemies on both sides down, most probably dead, by this time. No. Not just one more...

Last edited:
Hawkeye was stunned. The killing of the two German soldiers was normal, of course, this was a war and they had a mission. But the malign cruelty of the Australian girl was too much, even for an old fighter like himself. Lt.Cook seemed, at that particular moment, not worse, not better than the enemy they were facing and the Quartermaster questioned yet again this pompous crusade of good versus evil. The barbarian customs seemed to be accepted in both camps with equal success, tearing apart the humanist ideas some like him fought for. But this was not the time for judgements, for a great battle started to wage in the background.

At the signal of Exterous, Morpheus, Blitzkrieg, Jech and Pinkus-pills moved towards the party of soldiers, ready to inflict serious damage. Hawkeye kept their back covered, while inspecting each corner of the area that might have proven dangerous for his troops. The shooting had been a smashing success and not even a wound was desecrating the bodies of the Company Med. Blitzkerieg had a few bruises but nothing serious. Judging by the results, the surprise and the following attack had proven themselves as good omens and it was necessary to keep them around, just in case.

Placing his rifle on the ground, Hawkeye waited the final decision of the Captain, concerning the direction and the force of the next attack…

Clearing the Bridge

The ambush played itself out with a series of quick actions by the members of M.I.A Company operatives. It had taken less than thirty seconds from start to finish.

jech.jpg

Private Jech takes up ambush position

Lady E, never one for taking the safer option, put herself at risk for the benefit of the men of first squad. She successfully managed to mentally disarm the four guards on the near side of the bridge. At first, the stationed guards not seeing clearly in the dim moonlight had become alert at seeing the approaching figure of the secret operative. Then they had become aroused at seeing the fine curves of body highlighted by her choice in dress. By allowing her close in, the nearest guard to her had invited his own death.

Her deliberate risk to her own person had not been a shallow act of glory. It had allowed Privates Kelley and Fade to out flank the group of four guards and take two more of the group out, from behind. Crouching in their position within the trees near the cleared area directly in front of the bridge, the captain, Hawkeye and privates iBaLkid waited with revolvers drawn. Ladybug had aimed through the sight of his crossbow and fired at the last of the enemy on this side of the bridge, bringing him down. The unfortunate soldier fell backwards clutching at the crossbow bolt that had pierced his heart.

As the ambush on this side of the bush had begun, the Captain and iBaLkid had rushed forward through the fray to provide any necessary assistance to second squad. Between, them Corporal Exterous’ men took out five of the guards, the corporal becoming extremely efficient managed two kills, while Private Morpheus improvised taking out his target with his bear hands. Blitzkreig for once didn’t kill his target with his usual precision. Privates Jech and Pinkus did not manage to creep into position in time take their targets down cleanly and resorted to their pistols. A quick pull of the trigger of their respective weapons and the two German guards fell down fumbling to unsling their weapons. This left one of the German guards on the far side of the river. Upon seeing the ferocious melee taking place, the German rather than fight back attempted to run to the other side of the bridge where first squad was taking out the German guards, straight in front of the barrel of private iBalKid’s drawn revolver. The last enemy soldier down, the captain called out to Exterous in a raised whisper.

Coats – “Get these bodies and equipment hidden. Then we need to place the charges on the bridge.”

All around him, the men put sheathed or holstered their implements of war and slung their firearms over their bodies. The two groups of squad members dragged the dead men approximately twenty yards into the undergrowth and away from the road that linked to the bridge. As they toiled, Lady E, and Morpheus crouched at the extreme ends of clearings either side of the bridge, guarding the exposed groups as they cleared the area of all signs of the fire fight.

As the men went about their task, the background noise of the simulated fire fight to the west continued but with less intensity than earlier this night.

Laying the charges

The faint moonlight beamed down onto the bridge and the soldiers of M.I.A Company. Lady E began to conceal her evening wear. Her breath misted in front of her as she laboured in the cold of the night.

Five minutes passed as the last of the German’s and their equipment was hauled from view and into the clumps of sparse overgrowth or behind the trees that now concealed the dead soldiers. Their equipment was instead thrown over the side of the steep embankment and into the quarry below.

Combat knives, Kar98 rifles and mp38 machine pistols all fell below to the bottom. Helmets and the long overcoats the Germans wore were left on their bodies.

PinkusFadeExterous.jpg

Privates Fade, Pinkus Pils and
Corporal Exterous rush to their positions

With concealment of the ambush complete, Corporal Exterous posted two of his squad at the far end of the bridge where they had taken part in the ambush, while Captain Coats posted himself and iBaLkid on the near side. The rest of the men took the explosive charges from their packs and set about planting them along the evenly placed along the length and on both sides of the firm wooden and concrete structure.

alert.jpg

A signal is given as a
noise is heard approaching
down the road

As the last charge was being placed, the roar of engines could be heard above the noise of the distant fire fight. A truck travelling leisurely down the road from the direction that the group had started from, headed towards the bridge. A German army truck roared its way towards them, its headlights not quite visible as yet, but it was obviously part of the convoy that minutes ago passed them by.

Inside the drivers cabin were two soldiers sharing a cigarette and shouting at each other as they cursed the navigator’s map skills. They were lost.

Without a moment to lose, the soldiers of M.I.A unslung their weapons and moved up to Captain Coats’ position and formed an L-shape ambush at the side of the road. Crouching and lying prone they waited for the truck to appear.

Last edited:
Baffled, Kelley looked first at the Leftenant--who seemed unwilling to finish what she'd begun--and then with greater bewilderment at Fade. This was no time to let a guy who'd been kicked in the nuts scream. Shit. Ah'm in with pacifists. Okay, pacifists, eat hearty.

The burly American moved with a purpose, past the Australian officer and over to the last living German of the four. Despite his pain, the German tried to get to his feet. Good man, Kraut. Try and fight lahk a man, and you get to dah like one. With a block that would have flattened most fullbacks, Kelley slammed into the German and overbore him. His quarry put up a hand and got a self-defense wound, then with one vicious stab behind the ear it was over. The fierce slash to the throat was a stroke of mercy, not brutality. The German had some sort of Maltese Cross thing on his uniform, and Kelley took it: spoils of war.

He then got to his feet, gave the woman and Fade both quick looks of disappointment, but held his tongue. Ah maht be dumb, but Ah ain't dumb enough to bitch 'em out at a tahm lahk this. Looks lahk if Ah want'ta get home, though, Ah got'ta do a lot of this crap mahself.

He wiped off his knife on the German's uniform, sheathed it, unslung his Thompson and prepared to move out.

jkk

I set my final charge on a cement pylong that looked important. I finished the wiring, gald to have an explosive device out of my luggage. I had been assured that they wouldn't explode without being set, but it was still alot of explosive and you never knew what a stray bullet might do.

The charges laid, we started to get ready for the trip to the gerrman base. My bag was lighter now too. Not much, but you never knew how much that little less weight might mean down the road. I gathered my squad, anxious to get on with the next phase of the mission. While doing so Morpheus506, who was on guard called out "TRUCK!"

I swore. I looked around for the Captain. He was still in the middle of the bridge gathering people. I had to think fast. "Morepheus, you and Blitzkrieg grab the overcoats and helmets from the dead germans while I get the Captain!"

They both nodded and ran off into the brush to retrive the coats.

I ran over to the Captain. "Sir there is a truck approaching!"

His eyes got hard as we faced yet another suprise. "Alright, get everyone prone an into an ambush position. Get ready cause they are going to notice the lack of guards."

"Sir, I had Morpheus and Blitzkrieg grab german uniforms so they could post as guards. The both speak enough german to pull it off."

"Thats not enough people."

"I know sir."

2coats frowned. He thought for a second then a small spark appeared in his eye. "Have them stop the truck. Blitzkreig will go to the drivers side and Morpheus to passenger. Blitzkreig will make up some story about the dissapearence of the other germans. Doesn't have to be too convincing as we will approach the truck from the rear. When we do so they will kill the men in the front."

I nodded and ran off to tell my squad while the Captain did the same. I made sure to tell Morpheus and Blitzkreig to try and not get too much blood on the truck itself. We might need it.

The comany, minus two, made our way to the roadside drainage ditch for cover. We had cut things close, we only had to wait a minute or two. Still one of the longer waits of my life. My breath was still alittle ragged from the last encounter.

The truck rolled by above us. I hard the squeaking of the damp breaks as the truck slowed to a stop at Blitzkrieg's beckoning. I took a deep breath. I had never seen combat till this mission, but that was changing very quickly.

The captain saw the two 'guards' distracting the germans in the front of the truck and motioned us forward.

We crept up stealthily from the sides of the truck. We had to be careful not to make any noise of the lose gravel around on the ground.

The thought just occured to me that there might be more germans in the back of the truck, but the Capt had already thought of that. He motioned me, Lady E and Hawkeye over. I got ready to lift the flap of the truck open while the others got in position, covering the inside of the truck.

I flipped it up and as i did so, the Captain fired four silenced shots into the truck, ending the lives of the two german seated in the back. They never knew what hit them.

I blinked at the Captain. That was one of the fastest reactions I had ever seen. It almost seemed as though he knew there would be germans in there. Hawkeye and Lady E were also looking at him.

The side of his mouth quirked up "What? I ain't that old."

I chuckled quietly. No, he definately wasn't. Hawkeye had some sort or retort to that but I wasn't paying attention anymore.

Both Blitzkrieg and Morpheues were draggin their bodies out of the truck and into the brush.

I looked around at the scenery and sighed. Then I looked down at my hand. It was shaking again.......

The fight was over. Morpheus knelt and turned the poor German's head back the right way and silently closed his eyes.

Casualties of war....

Checking the German, he noticed a glinting combat knife at his belt. Fortune smiles upon me, Morpheus thought again. Switching his stuck knife and the German's, he rose and went to check with Corporal Exterous.

"Go get on guard duty. We'll set the bombs."

Morpheus jogged over to a good scouting position, a large rock by the road. He watched the others get bombs and set their charges at different points along the bridge. Several minutes after they had all set the bombs, he saw a dark shape grumbling down the road off in the distance.

"TRUCK!"

Exterous, thinking quickly, told him and Blitzkrieg to grab the coats and helmets from 2 dead germans. Donning the coat on top of his black trenchcoat, and placing the helmet atop his head, he ran towards the start of the bridge. Exterous, returning from a chat with Captain Coats, told Blitzkrieg and him what to do. Nodding, he settled into position.

Shortly afterwards, the truck groaned to the start of the bridge. Hands stretched out in front of them, Blitzkrieg and Morpheus stopped the trucks. The German driver started yelling at Blitzkrieg who responded in the same language. Morpheus understood enough to be able to tell he was saying something about a hole in the bridge that could break and harm the truck.

Meanwhile, Morpheus saw Coats, Exterous, and the others sneaking up on the back end of the truck. He saw the canvas of the door flip open. Seconds later, Exterous gave him a thumbs-up sign.

Morpheus began walking towards the back of the truck. The German in the passenger seat leaned his head out the open window to see where he was going and found a helmet smashing into the top of his bare head. Morpheus pulled the dazed German out of the truck and threw him to the ground.

He aimed the Webley at the German soldier's chest and fired.

Last edited:
Captin 2Coats had a few of the men place the expolsives on key points on the brige, Pinkus-pils and I were told to keep watch for any troop movement to our rear. You never know when all of the hard work you have done could come unravelled.

I hear the men moving around the bridge, knowing that when this baby goes its going to look like the 4th of july. I cant help but think about Kelly and the casual way in which he killed that german soldier. Not that I feel bad for him I know that he would have killed us, it's just that it was like he was killing a bug not even worth looking at. Is it strange to hope that I'm never the one looking up at someone like him....

My mind shifts back to the moment I hear Morpheus506 shout TRUCK! turning I see the Captin motion for us to to get to a point of view to cover the men, we move swifty to the underbrush and raise our rifles. We will not shoot unless there is no other option, but I will not endanger the lives of these men, my new family.

I wait and watch as the truck approches...

Last edited:
Guard duty... Blitzkreig knew a thing or two about explosives and how to destroy constructions with minimal force. Regardless, he did what he was told. Not showing any sign of unwillingness outwardly, he took his rifle in one hand and walked over to join Morpheus already guarding the approach to the bridge while the others planted their charges. Seeing the headlights of a typically German truck, he was only a second late of Morpheus' cry.

"TRUCK!"

Moving quickly, Blitzkreig and Morpheus met with Exterous half-way to the others. Given the orders to gather some of the equipment left on the dead Germans, he made his way quickly into the shrubs alongside Morpheus, uncaring of any noise he made. Taking the helmet and coat from one of the Germans, he did not care which as long as it was whole, he donned them, letting his old helmet remain by the side of the road for later on, and made his way out to meet with the others.

Hearing the plan for the ambush, Blitzkreig almost smiled to himself, almost. It would be up, close, and probably personal for his part. Nothing he couldn't handle. Seeing the squad disperse, he shouldered his rifle and walked calmy alongside Morpheus to where they would halt the truck, also hiding his newly aquired knife up his sleeve. Standing on each side of the bridge, he raised his arm and made a sharp movement sideways with the hand, while repeating it, the truck sharply slowed down upon seeing them and stopped next to them.

Before Blitzkreig had had a chance to start telling his hastily composed story, the somewhat round-faced German sitting in the drivers seat started yelling at him in German.

"What are you trying to do, huh!? Get run over just because it's a slow night? Also, if you don't bloody get that bridge fixed as soon as the next sunrise this truck won't make another trip over, you hear me!?"

Cutting him off short of any further noice-making Blitzkreig calmy replied in his cold, flowing german.

"If you don't care for the ride, apply for a transfer." His sharp tone only made the driver angrier but as he looked around he suddenly noticed the lack of guards.

"Where are the rest of the guards? Last time I passed here there were ten of you, now there's only two..." The suspicion in the drivers voice evident, Blitzkreig slowly started to make the knife up his sleeve ready with his right hand while gesturing with his left to distract him.

"We heard some noice of to the west so they decided to go check. Probably just some of the paratroopers on excerise but you never know." Gesturing with his left hand of to the woods, the driver glanced away. It was all the time exiled German needed.

His knife out of his sleeve in an instant, the driver never saw what hit him as the knife slashed over his throat in a sweeping motion. The man tried to yell but all that came out was a flow of warm, sticky blood and a bubbling gurgle. The man was dead in an instant. Seeing the passenger knocked out too, Blitzkreig opened the door and pulled out the driver into the shrub too, putting him neatly next to his comrades. Isn't it every mans wish to die alongside friends? That morbid, taunting little voice in the back of his head whispered mockingly. Quickly shaking his head, he went back to the truck, recovering his old helmet on the way while leaving the "borrowed" German equipment among the slowly but surely growing number of dead Germans out there. Just as long as he didn't become one of them...

TRUCK

dumb truck what else is going to try and stop us

i took up me place ready to give some guy a holy head but everything went to plan and we have the truck anything in it and still any one who knows where are hear are dead and maybe some who did not know we are hear

Enroute to the Prison Camp

After the Ambush: Privates Morpheus and Blitzkreig dragged the corpses of the dead German driver and navigator from the cab of the German made Opel Blitz, A Type truck. The remainder of Exterous’ squad crouched poised at the rear of the vehicle, ready for any other unexpected guests that may appear on the scene.

As Blitzkreig dragged his burden to the nearest bush he noticed that the dead men wore the uniform of the 4th Luftwaffen-Schützen-Bataillone (Airforce Rifle Battalions), 2nd Luftwaffen-Jäger-Regimenter (Airforce Rifle Regiments).

Fade, Lady E and the rest of first squad remained in prone positions nearby the front of the truck, also in a defensive formation. When Blitzkreig and Morpheus had dumped the two bodies, they returned and disposed of the two dead Germans in the rear. Luckily for the group Captain Coats’, almost inhuman reflexes had saved them from a fatal burst of fire from a mounted MG42 machine gun, bolted to a stand on the truck floor. Their bodies now lay prostrate over the unused weapon. As Morpheus climbed up to the rear compartment, his eyes lit up at the sight of the deadly weapon. From behind him Blitzkreig almost climbed on top of Morpheus as he rushed to clear the rear of the truck, bringing Morpheus back down to earth.

After removing and concealing the final bodies, the captain signalled to Morpheus and Blitzkreig to go over to him. The two private ran up beside their captain. In unison they both whispered.

[color=Dk Blue]Morpheus and Blitzkreig – “Yes, sir.” [/Color]

[color=Dk Blue]Coats – “Drive the truck along the road and get us through the checkpoint. Watch out for the watchtowers. If they are alerted to our presence, we’ll be playing harps before we know it! At the checkpoint, you must fool the guards into letting the truck through without alerting the prison guards. Once in the compound, find a suitable spot to park up so that we can get out and find where our objective is being held. Understood?” [/Color]

The men nodded before climbing aboard. The captain ran through the squad still in defensive positions and gave the word for everyone to get into the back of the truck.

Captain Coats helped Lady E mount the rear of the truck and then the rest of the men piled in. A debate started between some of the men about who should man the MG42 machinegun.

truck.jpg

The truck moves through the end of the wood and towards
the prison where 'Blackberry' is being held

In the rear of the truck, the men heard the sound of the ignition turning, once and then again, before the engine roared to life. Then the vehicle jerked forward as it made its way past the bridge that was rigged with timed explosives.

On the Road to the Prison: In the back of the truck the men and Lady E, sat in silence in the dark. Private Jech looked at his watch using his flashlight and then asked the Captain a question.

[color=Dk Blue]Jech – “Sir. How lowng we gut before those ex-plosivees goe ouff? [/Color]

In the dark the quartermaster replied in a solemn voice.

[color=Dk Blue]Hawkeye – “Around about forty five minutes private.” [/Color]

The flashlight went off as Jech flicked the power switch on it. The group of men and lady sat in silence listening to the sound of the engine as the truck made its way down the road, to the site where objective Blackberry was being held captive. Outside in the distance, the sounds of gunfire and explosions could still be heard over the sounds of the engine.

As the truck neared the airfield, the search lights of the guard towers came into view, scanning the ground inside the camp. However, no lights seemed to be searching the outside of the camp.

At around 250 ft from the camp the captain pulled the tarpaulin that separated the cab and rear compartment of the truck aside and ordered the driver to stop the cab. The driver pulled the truck over to the side of the road and switched off the engine and headlights. When the vehicle had stopped by the side of the road, he then turned to Ladybug and flashed the torchlight at the young private’s face.

[color=Dk Blue] Coats – “Ladybug, take iBaLkid with you and set up a position so that you can cover up if there is any trouble. If possible I suggest taking one of the guard towers, quietly or even better find one that isn’t used!” [/Color]

[color=Dk Blue] Ladybug – “Yes sir! Com’n iBaLkid.” [/Color]

The two men quickly dismounted the truck and made way across the fields to a position where they could gauge the enemy strength and which guard tower was the best target for their mission.

Tower.jpg

One of the towers near the front of the prison

Hopefully they would not have to cut through the miles of razor sharp barbed wire that surrounded the camp as the towers lay outside of the laid wire.

Behind them, the rear flap was pulled down as the truck waited in the dark a few miles from the camp. Giving ladybug and iBaLkid time to accelerated towards the checkpoint that intersected the road and the prison camp. In a less than two minutes, the truck and the soldiers of M.I.A Company would become unexpected guests in one of the Führer’s prison camps.

Checkpoint.jpg

The Prison Gate and Checkpoint

Up ahead, the checkpoint with the four guards on duty awaited the truck and its occupants. The bluff would have to succeed if the commando unit was to breach the prison defense, stealthily.

If you wish to comment on this AAR, please post in this NEWLY CREATED thread:

THE DOGS OF WAR: M.I.A COMPANY CHRONICLES - The Briefing Room

Only members of MIA company that have volunteered for this mission can post. If you are a member and don’t know what is going on, I suggest you head to the thread indicated below. Please do not post below if you are NOT on this mission, until further notice.:

MIA Company Discussion Thread

If you wish to become part of the Company you can now register at the newly opened Recruitment Centre:

M.I.A Recruitment Centre

However, you wont be eligible for this mission I'm afraid! :(

Thanks for your patience.

This is AAR isn’t a game, but rather an ADVENTURE!:)

Thanks

2Coats