• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Green light.

As Pvt. Fade fell out of the aircraft, Blitzkreig felt that all too familiar adrenaline rush that happened every time he was about to jump. Eager to jump and do what he was trained for, and loved, he took the step out of the aircraft before the captain could push him.

The night swallowed him and he felt alive like he never did anywhere else. He fell perhaps a bit longer than was strictly neccesary, but given the oppprtunity, he had to, and then deployed his parachute. As he sank towards the ground he wondered, where was the next man behind him? He could barely make out a shimmer that he though was Fade, but behind him nothing. And when he looked again, he was alone.

He landed in a small clearing to his great relief, right next to a vicious-looking thornbush. After having freed himself and gathered his parachute, he angled his wrist compass to catch the moonlight. He looked around, cursing inwardly, he realised was off target, probably on account of his too long drop before deploying. He knew there were Fallshirmjägers in these woods, former brothers turned enemies. Or, rather, he was the one who had turned enemy. Not much to do about it now though, he thought cynically. He started to move through the woods toward the first waypoint, still cursing his thoughtlessness in his mind while readying his Kar98 for action.

He suddenly reached a clearing, probably some twenty metres across. He had to cross it, he was already late enough. Moving fast and low, he prayed that his former brothers weren't looking, this could be a really short mission if they were looking. Ducking into the trees, hardly making any noise at all, he looked around wariluy. There! Somebody, he couldn't make out whether it was a German or a Brittish paratrooper, was moving across the clearing furhter down the treeline. The figure stumbled and fell, but quickly gathered himself and moved toward the trees.

Thinking fast, Blitzkreig decided to move along the line and give the man a warm welcoming when he reached the woods. Slowly and making no noise, he picked his way through the autumn night. When he had almost reached the point where the figure had entered the woods, he took out his silenced Luger, rifles were no good this close. But then, another shade, apparently not noticing the exiled-German, moved toward the place where the stumbler had entered. A crack cut the silence in two, he now knew for sure he wasn't chasing shadows. There was someone out there.

Last edited:
A figure looms up behind Fade. The cold barrel of a silenced Luger pushes up against his neck.

In German "Don't move" a distinctly feminine voice.

Then in English "is great in April" to which Fade replies with some surprise "Singapore Sunshine".

The Luger is removed from his neck and he turns and in the moonlight can see a shortish figure in a Fallschirmjager flak jacket.

"You appear to be lost. Allow me to show you the way" and then hearing a noise she turns suddenly and spots Blitzkrieg pointing a pistol at her. She quickly whips her pistol up so fast it was a blur.

In German "Who are you?". Blitzkrieg replies. In German also "A friend, I'm with him" and gestures toward Fade.

English "Ahh good I thought I saw two chutes land in the forest" holsters the Luger, "Now if you will follow me, I believe we are late" she turns and head down moves stealhtily towards the waypoint. Fade and Blitzkrieg following behind.

"Careful now several hundred troops are in the area. Don't know why exactly but they are well armed"

"Who are you?" Fade whispers

"My name is Cook, I'm an Australian working for Britain. Here I'm a maid at the local HQ."Laughs to herself.

"But who are you?" Blitzkrieg this time. Both men a are curious to know what an Australian woman who sounds quite young is doing in the heart of Nazi controlled Austria carrying a Luger and a scoped rifle.

"Just a girl whos handy with a gun and hates Nazis" She falls silent. The two men strain there ears but they cant her her footsteps as she is moving so silently its like her feet aren't touching the ground.

The threesome are approaching the waypoint.....

Last edited:
Pvt. Kelley lands in the approved PLF fashion, rassles and removes his chute, hisses a couple of profanities, and takes inventory. A couple of our rabbits didn't land in the net. Goddamn. Obviously the Captain has figured this out, so the husky American takes his place in the temporary perimeter, not precisely sure what direction he's facing, Thompson ready.

If the German jumpers wanted to dance, let 'em come.

jkk

I was in line right after Kelley. The adrenaline was flowing through me, but still I required a little push from the Captain in order to set me on my journey. Slowly I floated back to earth bathed in utter darkness. I just hoped that I was on target in the clearing.

I landed with a mighty jolt and immediately fell on my back. Damn that hurt, I fell on a small pile of rocks. With a horrible pain in my back, I managed to get back on my feet and rid myself of my chute. Luckily enough I did manage to make it down in a clearing, but was it the right one? There was only enough light to make out the treeline around me. Well, anywhere is better than here so I made my way (quite slowly) towards the treeline to find some cover and regroup my senses.

I could have ended up with a broken neck if caught in a tree, so my drop could have been worse. After taking cover behind some brush, I strained to see if there were any others around be, but to no avail.

Not wanting to wander the Austrian countryside alone, lost, and with a bunch of unfriendly Jerries around I decided to stay put for a few minutes in the hope I'll run into someone.

They couldn't have been far, could they?

Last edited:
on the way down

right that must be wher i need to land

go down some more

whats that...... A TREE whack

ouch now how high am i.... not far now wheres my knife

cuts self free

now where is everybody

Last edited:
As i floated down I watched ladybug land in a tree. While potentially dangerous, i knew ladybug was too ornrey to get hurt and I snickered.

My attention snapped back when i realized that the ground was approaching at an incredible rate. I landed hard, but didn't severly hurt anything. My right ankle started to throb a bit though.
"Damn football injuries." I said.

I gathered my chute and went to go bury it. I quickly reminded others around me to do the same. No sense in alerting the Jerries before nessisary. I also counted the parachutes still in the air and the people now on the ground and swore. We were two short. Fade and Blitzkrieg.

Our timetable was short, we didn't have time to look for them. I hope they manage to catch up to us.

I went over to the trees and grabbed ladybug. I came up behind pinkus-pills and he followed me back to the group as well.

"Dang Corp, you gave me quite a start."

I smiled at the way he had jumped when i whispered his name. It looked as though he had had a rougher landing than I, but he seemed ok.

We hot-footed it over to the Capt and waited for the others to join us

Last edited:
All of the sudden Exterous had jumped and I was next. I was flung out of the plane at such a speed that I thought my heart would end up in my throat.

I slowed down a bit as I neared the ground. I touched down gently and quickly rolled up my chute' as I ran over to the dense woods. I realized I might have made too much noise, so I sat low and looked for some form of life. There were a few more chutes coming down but everyone who had landed seemed to have went to waypoint 1.

I gathered my equipment and made my way through the thick dense wood, stopping occasionaly. I finally found a clearing but realized it was where the farmhouse stood. All of the sudden I heard a thick German accent scream out.....

Relief flushed over me as I saw it came from the farm where some poor farmer is probaly drunk as a donkey. I made my way through the woods around the Farm, carefull not to be seen. Finnaly I reached the real clearing as I gathered up with Captain Coats and the rest.

Last edited:
Morpheus approached the crowd of MIA companymen as soon as he landed.

"Where are Blitz and Fade?" he whispered, causing Captain Coats to jump.

"Damn you and your trenchcoat, Morph..." he chuckled. Then he got serious. "I don't know, I believe they landed off that way," gesturing into the distance. "They should find us soon, hopefully."

Nodding, Morpheus clicked the safety off of his Thompson and made his way a few yards away from Pvt. Kelley to keep watch.

Last edited:
Hawkeye threw himself right after Jech. He wanted to be sure that the young man survived his first real leap, but, to his surprise, the chap managed the jump like a real expert. On the other hand, Hawkeye's trial was more difficult. He never liked air battles much...and paradropping was something he hated from the first moment of joining the company. Still, he kept his nerve and followed the rest of the men, cursing the name of every nazi on the face of the earth.

The impact with the land was rather painful. Hawkeye had gathered too much bulk in his previous years and this felt on his bottom. Well, at least he was down and prepared to shoot some nazis...not without a drink, first, of course. Spotting all of his team mates, he raced towards them, eager to find his captain and the remains of the supplies....

Collection point at Waypoint 1

The paradrop had been uneventful except for two of the men overshooting the DZ.

Privates Fade and Blitzkreig had been swept by a swift but short gust of wind, further east. Some of the men had landed awkwardly and at least one of them had got stuck in a tree. All however had gathered themselves and now made their way to waypoint 1.

As Captain Coats landed, he had rolled over; knees bent as training had taught him. A veteran of a fifty jumps, he was always aware that the silliest mistake could be costly. Now landed, he crouched and began to gather his parachute, hiding it in a clump of undergrowth.

A figure to his left moved towards him hunched over, a silenced pistol ready in his right hand. As he drew closer he whispered in a strong American accent.

Morpheus – “Captain! That you?”

It was Morpheus. Captain Coats whispered an affirmative answer back, and then slung his Thompson sub-machinegun over his shoulder and unholstered his silenced revolver. He checked his wrist-compass and motioned to Morpheus to move west.

As they moved through the fields full of growing oats, they moved so swiftly but as stealthily as possible. After twenty yards or so, both of them noticed the unmistakable large silhouette of Private Kelley ahead and intercepted him. Now they moved forward together.

After cutting himself down from the tree he was caught in, Ladybug squatted trying to focus on his surroundings. Before, acclimatising he felt a heavy hand oh his back that made his jump out of his skin, but not before swivelling round sniper rifle pointing at the perceived threat. Then a faint familiar voice sounded.

Exterous – “Ladybug, it only me!”

Ladybug – “Damn corp., you gave me a heart attack!”

Looking unsympathetically at Ladybug, he motioned that they should head out to the rendezvous point.

Lying prone ten feet away and hearing the commotion, Private Pinkus-Pils got up and jogged to the place where the sound gone, half-whispering that he was one of them. Having joined them, the three made their way forwards to waypoint 1.

On the way to waypoint 1, ‘Hawkeye’ the company quartermaster met up with Captain Coat’s party. Without appearing worried, the captain asked him a question.

Coats – “Any sign of the others?”

Hawkeye – “No ‘fraid not Captain!”

Just then, the four men heard a soft sound to their left flank. In unison the group crouched, swung round and pointed their silenced pistols at the approaching figure. It was Private iBaLkid.

Holding the Bren gun and moving with the finesse of an elephant he smiled at the group unaware of the danger he was in. Then a voice behind them, shocked them into turning right round.

Jech – “Only me guys! I sent iBaLkid round to your left so as I could sneak up behind you!”

iBaLkid – “Did it work?”

At private iBaLkid’s response, the men looked back at him and frowned in unison. The captain brought the men’s thoughts back to the seriousness of the mission by barking out an order in his most hushed voice.

Coats – “Let head out! Jech take lead, iBaLkid you take the rear, in column formation.”

With the command given, the troops moved out towards their target.

At waypoint 1: After twenty minutes of moving covertly through the dense and waist high fields of oats Corporal Exterous’ group met up with Captain Coats’ group. Collectively, they covered the final yards to near the area designated waypoint one.

defpos.jpg

Gathered at Waypoint 1, the squad set a defensive perimeter

On arrival, the men fanned out and formed a defensive perimeter around the corporal and captain, who were knelt within the circle of men. Looking at his watch the corporal spoke worriedly.

Exterous – “Sir, I make it oh-two-hundred! How long should we give ‘em?”

Coats – “With these para’s around…….. five minutes!”

The corporal nodded then moved back to take up a position on the perimeter.

Five Minutes Later: The troops lay prone or crouched for the five minutes and then the corporal made his way back to the captain. He was about to remind the Captain that the five minutes were up when movement was heard on the position’s seven o’clock. Holding their silenced revolvers or pistols, the men swivelled round to meet the approaching sound.

They waited and waited. The sound grew louder and louder as the assembled squad let the cause of the noise approach to point-blank range. Then in an instant Fade appeared hunched over, attempting to move, more stealthily then he had been. He urgently instructed them in a hushed manner.

Fade – “Don’t shoot! It’s us!”

Behind him was a young female dressed in civilian garb and holding a German made Kar98.

reunion.jpg

The missing soldiers appear with a new addition!

On seeing this unfamiliar person Jech and Ladybug trained their revolvers on her. Noticing this Fade revealed what he knew.

Fade – “Don’t shoot her, she’s our contact!”

Coats – “Did she give the correct password?”

Fade – “Yes captain, she did.”

Bringing up the rear was Blitzkreig. As the newcomers took positions on the perimeter the captain motioned for the female agent to crouch beside him. He then asked her for the password which she replied correctly. He went on.

Coats – “Any idea’s on the unexpected arrivals?”

Lady E – “The paratroopers?! Some sort of exercise I think! Bad timing!”

Coats – “Couldn’t you have warned us or something?”

Lady E – “I did! I’m surprised London, didn’t call it off, what with the new developments I informed them of!”

Coats – “What developments might these be?”

Lady frowned and looked the captain directly in the eyes before she spoke.

Lady E – “Blackberry is being moved this very night! You mean they didn’t warn you?”

Coats left the question unanswered. To his rear, ladybug whispered a warning. Someone was approaching!

To the left of the squad a patrol of ten Germans, in a two rank column formation, moved through the trees and were heading straight for them. As the patrol came nearer, the Germans split into two groups and headed in opposite diagonal directions around the squad’s perimeter.

patrol.jpg

The German patrol in a column of two appears throught the trees

With silenced weapons and knives readied the group of men and one female stood poised to take out this patrol stealthily so as not to warn anyone else of their demise. The men of M.I.A Company were about to enact their first combat of the war.

Captain Coats and the rest of the men drew breath.

Last edited:
Blitzkreig heard the Germans approaching almost at the same time as ladybug and he didn't waste any time in going to tell the captain. This was what he had been waiting for, this was why he had betrayed his country. To do battle against the ones who fought for the Bohemian Corpral sitting on his throne in Berlin. Moving deftly through the foliage, shouldering his Kar98 and drawing his knife, he kept moving only a short distance behind the last man in the enemy column. The fellow wouldn't know what hit him. He saw that the company had divided up to take each of the five-man patrols, this would be too easy. Putting his Kar98 down on the ground to allow him more mobility, while memorising the spot for later on, he knew,he felt it, now was the time to strike.

Launching himself out of the bushes with barely more than a rustle, knife high, his leap brought him down on the tall but skinny German bringing up the rear of the German column. The knife was in the young mans throat before he had time to react, a strangled sound let out his throat, it was all the poor kid could manage. While the two of them rolled across the path into the bushes on the other side of the road, making muffled sounds of a desperate but futile struggle, the ambush was sprung.

Walks calmly right in front of the second patrol.

The young german in front stars at Lt Cook for a few seconds.

She says "Nice night for a walk" then plunges her hunting knife that she had hidden up her sleeve into the mans chest up to the hilt. The mans eyes open in shock then he slumps onto the ground dead.

The next soldier starts to raise his rifle but by now the other men in the company have started to join the action.

Last edited:
I say that she is mad but I still follow. then I see one of them starts to raise his rifle and I quickly get rid of him then my knife gets knocked out of my hand.

Last edited:
While several members of the company went after the right group, I and the rest of men went after the left group. Hand signals flashed to call our targets as well fell upon them. I took out the last guy in the row. I snuck up behind the unaware German and ended his life with a quick slash of my knife across his throat. He turned as he fell to the ground and I got a good enough look at his face to see the life drain out of him. He was dead by the time he hit the ground.

Last edited:
In his mind, Kelley curses a blue streak in four languages, including absolutely appalling assertions concerning people's ancestry. We're supposed to break up into squads, all on our own, lahk one'a them ameeba thangs? Goddamn, Ah reckon Ah ain't gettin' home from this one.

Okay, fahn. If Ah'm gonna dah for this Von Snuffleupagus, then Ah wanna dah hearin' a woman's voice, an' Ah'm gonna take it out on someone.

With surprising quiet, Kelley maneuvers in the shadow of the Australian agent, who has just stuck one of the Germans but good. Ladybug has taken another, but seems to be in a scuffle; cain't have that, Heinrich. Near as he can tell in the confusion, the German skillfully butt-stroked Ladybug and knocked his knife away.

The old cavalryman comes behind the German, reaches around the young man's chin, and makes a deep slashing cut with a blade sharp enough for a woman to shave her legs with. In his mood, he pulls the knife along with no great haste. Yeah, Ah know this Kraut ain't responsible for all this. Ah don't care, he snarls to his conscience. The blade gets a little twist.

Then, in a burst of real fury, he does the unexpected. As his victim begins to lose his life in a rather sloppy fashion, the American puts his bulk behind him and gives a violent shove, driving him into the next German in the hopes that he will find the unexpected dose of moisture and impact disconcerting: Bath tahm, Kraut! Ah swear, you got even worse hahjeen habits then them Marlows who lived in that tarpaper shack an' et the most recent dead varmints at the Chateau de Chase County Rural Road 167.

Recovering, he readies himself for the next move. With a little luck, Ah just bought someone a moment he--or maybe she--can use. Unnecessarily but by force of discipline, he signals backward that those behind should now advance by the flank, hand-to-hand weapons only, minimum noise.

Last edited:
Leaping from the tree he had climbed into at first sight of the enemy, Morpheus landed right in the center of the left group of unsuspecting German soldiers. He slammed the hilt of his knife into the nose of the man to his right, then jammed it into his chest and threw him into his comrades at the same moment he jerked it free. He rolled into the bushes and took aim at one of the still-standing Germans with his silenced Webley. Squeezing of a shot and hoping it hit, he dove deeper into the underbrush as the rest of the men in the company attacked.

I stayed in my "trench" as I saw the choas unfold around me. This was it. I flipped out my knife and looked around, trying to decide my first move. Before I could think I saw a Kraut running right for me. He seemed to be looking for a place to hide and fire on his enemies. I crouched down and waited with bated breath. I whispered my favorite bible verse "If my Lord is with me who shall be against me?" and waited....

The second he jumped into the air I plunged my knife right into his sternum. He let out a bone chilling gasp. Dammit I knew I should have got him in the throat. I took the knife out and gave it one more plunge. He was surely dead now.

Last edited:
I could hear the struggles all around me, but there was little to see. I slowly made my way towards some of the sounds of struggle when I ran into another body. It was just dumb luck to run into somebody out in the middle of no-where. The opposing soldier let out a mumbled curse in German. I responded with what I oculd remember from German class back in high school," Alles in Ordnung Kamerad?" I did not wait for a response, surely he would notice my horrible accent.

In a fraction of a second I slammed the butt of my rifle against the German's lower jaw. The sound of part of the jaw bone breaking was the worst sound I ever heard. The German fell to the ground with a thud. It was a lucky shot that knocked the poor guy out cold. I felt sorry for the poor guy I just knocked out. I know it was him or me but it just didn't feel right to kill him. Afterall, he will not be a problem now, and once he wakes up he will wish he didn't! Feeling my duty was done, I ventured off towards the others to see if I could help.....

Last edited:
My company attacked like a bunch of wild dogs, there was no stopping them the attack could have went smoother. You would have thought that most should know better, not all but most. The first few soldiers fell to knife wounds, the others did not. One german soldier was smarter than my company gave him credit for, he knew the attack was sloppy and that was his opening.

At first the suprize attack had been a wonderful idea the only problem with ours was the fact not every one attacked at the same time. The sound a man makes when dieing is unmistakable. This is what alerted the german to our little party.

He turned to see what had made that noise and the image of a knife being draged across his friends neck struck him, he pause for a split second then slowly as if in a dream his rifle rasied. The sound of the shot shook everyone back to reality, this was a life or death situation.

The shot caught me right in the stomach, knocking me backwards and off my feet. My rifle being slammed into me causing it to fall from my hands as I fell to the ground. One of the men in the company was quick enough to send a bullet back at him catching him in the lower left part of the jaw, knocking him for a loop. His body hit the ground hard never to move again.

Captin 2Coats ran to my side knowing the first of his company had fallen too quickly. Once over the body he was suprized to see no blood? How can this be; he drops to one knee and rolls the body over. Still breathing he sees the butt of Fade's rifle shattered on the ground, the bullet only knocking it into the young privates stomach.

The captin helped me to my feet as I see the rest of the patrol is now out of action, I help myself to a new german rifle. All I know is that I'am damn lucky to still be alive, hope that was my close call for the mission. We'll have to wait and see...

I whirrled around and the sound of the shot and raised my weapon, but held fire. Someone else had already dropped the German.
I looked to see who might have been hit and saw Fade was down "DAMN!" I saw 2coats run over to Fade, so I secured all the german bodies to make sure no one else was left alive, then ran to Fade's body. As i knelt by his side, i saw that he had been one lucky SOB and the bullet hadn't hit you
I cursed at him: "You planned to get hit on purpose didn't you? Just wanted to go home to your girl!"

"Caught me Corporal." Fade smiled shakily and his voice quavered "Guess I'll have to try harder next time huh?"

He got to his feet with the help of 2coats. I took, and i imagine Fade did too, a deep breath and steadied myself as we continued our mission.........

Last edited: