+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The Heirs of Caesars: Habsburg AAR

Bastardo Genial DJuan d Austria's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Res Publica

What a fantastic AAR nalivayko

I´m expecting to see how is the great finish you´ve done
    "España mi natura
    Italia mi ventura
    y Flandes mi sepultura"
    Tercios de Flandes

Nukle was here...

Hurricane Sergeant of Arms Amric's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3

Great WORK! Nicely done and England a vassal as well. A large US you say? Not something I generally see in my campaigns. Another AAR complete by you. So wonderful to see!
    Guardian of Truth, Defender of Justice, Harbinger of Light! Formerly known as the Hurricane!

Now retired from writing!

"You can rest assured, sir, that I will do everything in my power to make sure it isn't my fault!" --Dr. Grant

EU3 Complete

Nalivayako a highly entertaining AAR from you, the use of pictures and your writing, absolutely brilliant; first-rate work. Hope to see you back with a new AAR soon

Aftermath

Austria's rise to power and the creation of the Western European Empire could be attributed to several factors: a string of brilliant Emperors, strong military with skillful generals and the external policy of "marry first, conquer later".

Goals:

Imperial crown - check, midgame saw Spanish Habsburgs stealing it quite regularly, but later on the complete conquest of HRE insured it would stay in Vienna forever.

More than nominal control of HRE - check

Conquest of Italy - check

Expulsion of Protestants - fail, there are no Protestant states left within the borders of HRE, but there still is a significant number of Protestant provinces.

Obedient Pope - check, has been so for several centuries. Hard to disobey the Emperor when he controls the city.

Free Hungary - check, I have to say it was fulfilled. I released Hungary after inheritance and kept it alive for awhile. Austria does control Hungarian lands now, but only because Hungary allowed itself to be annexed by Poland.

Vassals:

Europe: Empire of England, Kingdom of Hellas, Republic of Ragusa, Duchy of Albania, Kingdom of Serbia, Duchy of Ukraine.

America: Columbia, Mexico, Haiti.

Recently annexed vassals: Empire of Spain, Kingdom of Croatia.

Future analysis:

England will be slowly incorporated into the Western European Empire, Portugal will soon follow as it will no allies to rely upon and her capital will be always under siege. Poland will be split between Austria and Muscowy. Sweden will lose Finland to Muscowy, Norway to England (thus, to Austria) and will become Austrian vassal. With luck it might remain such.

Future wars between Western and Eastern European empires are unlikely as both will have to deal with the coming plague of nationalism.

United States will probably break free from Austrian alliance and ally with Protestant Incas and Portugal. However, as Austrian and English empires merge, the Americans will have a hard time fighting the Europeans and their allies: Columbia, Mexico, Haiti. In the midst of this struggle lies the empire of Aztecs. I predict its survival, conquest of Mexico and rise to a second-rate power in the region.

Africa will be slowly conquered by Austria, as English and Portuguese colonies fall under Austrian control. A similar fate awaits India and Indonesia. China and Japan, yet unaccustomed to European way of war will fall easy prey to the Imperial ambitions.

It might go another way, but one things is for sure - this is the Empire that will last longer than those before it. It will crush what remains of the Turks and will liberate Jerusalem. Israel will not exist in this version of history, which could be also said about numerous Arab states that will be conquered around the beginning of the 20th century.

Once the world is divided between Austria and Muscowy, the latter will struggle to preserve its independence politically as well as culturally. But if the rest of the world is swallowed by Austria, this task will be rather impossible.

Screenshots:

Political map of the Empire in Europe

Allies and vassals

Political map of Duchy of Ukraine and Eastern Europe

Political map of North America

Victory score
    Last edited by nalivayko; 14-03-2008 at 06:49.
    All EU3 AARs: Unsung Ballads of Aquitaine (on hold, WritAAR of the Week, 3/3/8), Magna Mundi AAR: 2nd Minor French-Burgundian War

Some EU2 AARs: Give Unto Caesar What Is Caesar's - German Kingdom AAR (Weekly AAR Showcase, 12/12/3), Give Unto Caesar What Is Caesar's II - Roman Empire AAR, The Heirs of Caesars: Habsburg AAR, The AARt of War: Brandenburg 1617 Mini-AAR, The King and Queens of Spain AAR (WritAAR of the Week, 5/28/03), Sultans of Turkey AAR (lost pictures), Zaporozhian Host AAR, Decisive Campaigns and Battles AAR

Some EU1 AARs: The Thirty Years War: The Austrian AAR, Third Rome, The Lords of the Horizons: Portuguese AAR, Al-Andalus, English Timeline AAR

Europa Universalis 3

A great postmortem, nalivayko! Seems like Austria will in the end take over the world! AGain, a great read and a job very well done!
    Guardian of Truth, Defender of Justice, Harbinger of Light! Formerly known as the Hurricane!

"You can rest assured, sir, that I will do everything in my power to make sure it isn't my fault!" --Dr. Grant

EU3 Complete

A Brave New Christmas World!

Ah love that aftermath, what a fantastic scenario, no more wars, a whole world united under the thumb of the Austrian Emperor. Great writing

DJuan d Austria, thank you for reading and praising. Here's the great finale

Amric, thank you for your support, the reason that I actually finished this aar I contribute to you (partially, at least). Enjoy the screenie of US

Judge, thank you and yes, another aar is in the making. I played couple of games yesterday, just to get a feel for certain countries, but my next aar is going to be about the country you don't usually see on the map (hint: but it did appear on the maps in this aar).
    All EU3 AARs: Unsung Ballads of Aquitaine (on hold, WritAAR of the Week, 3/3/8), Magna Mundi AAR: 2nd Minor French-Burgundian War

Some EU2 AARs: Give Unto Caesar What Is Caesar's - German Kingdom AAR (Weekly AAR Showcase, 12/12/3), Give Unto Caesar What Is Caesar's II - Roman Empire AAR, The Heirs of Caesars: Habsburg AAR, The AARt of War: Brandenburg 1617 Mini-AAR, The King and Queens of Spain AAR (WritAAR of the Week, 5/28/03), Sultans of Turkey AAR (lost pictures), Zaporozhian Host AAR, Decisive Campaigns and Battles AAR

Some EU1 AARs: The Thirty Years War: The Austrian AAR, Third Rome, The Lords of the Horizons: Portuguese AAR, Al-Andalus, English Timeline AAR

Europa Universalis 3

Hm...can't be Ukraine...You already have one of those...I'm stumped...I guess I will have to wait in drooling anticipation. Always glad to be a motivater. This was a most enjoyable read and I am DEFINITELY looking forward to your next one!

No, it is not Ukraine, although I am tempted to revive Zaporozhian Host. The problem is I reinstalled the game (got savefiles and all, but...) and events that I wrote for Ukraine are gone now (did not know about moddir back then). It is not too late to fix it, but I just don't feel like it right now.

As for the new country, like I said, it is on my screenshots and it is in Europe. Western Europe. Good luck and keep on drooling

Europa Universalis 3

I'm going to guess Denmark. It's either that or Scotland...

Originally posted by nalivayko

...but my next aar is going to be about the country you don't usually see on the map (hint: but it did appear on the maps in this aar).
    Another hint: this country is not in GC scenario... in fact, it is not in any official scenarios. It exists as a revolter... Hey, I almost gave it to you here, so might as well

It is Huguenots.

Maybe i missed it but what was your tech level? your last screenshot had your units look like they were from the baroque era
    Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

It was pretty low (I am sure below 30 and above 25). I stopped caring once I realized there is not enough time to catch up.

EU3 Complete

Hugenots, very intersting choice, *subscribe*

Judge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7