• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What a fantastic AAR nalivayko :eek: :)

I´m expecting to see how is the great finish you´ve done :D

Great WORK! Nicely done and England a vassal as well. A large US you say? Not something I generally see in my campaigns. Another AAR complete by you. So wonderful to see!

Nalivayako a highly entertaining AAR from you, the use of pictures and your writing, absolutely brilliant; first-rate work. Hope to see you back with a new AAR soon:D

Aftermath

Austria's rise to power and the creation of the Western European Empire could be attributed to several factors: a string of brilliant Emperors, strong military with skillful generals and the external policy of "marry first, conquer later".

Goals:

Imperial crown - check, midgame saw Spanish Habsburgs stealing it quite regularly, but later on the complete conquest of HRE insured it would stay in Vienna forever.

More than nominal control of HRE - check :D

Conquest of Italy - check

Expulsion of Protestants - fail, there are no Protestant states left within the borders of HRE, but there still is a significant number of Protestant provinces.

Obedient Pope - check, has been so for several centuries. Hard to disobey the Emperor when he controls the city.

Free Hungary - check, I have to say it was fulfilled. I released Hungary after inheritance and kept it alive for awhile. Austria does control Hungarian lands now, but only because Hungary allowed itself to be annexed by Poland.

Vassals:

Europe: Empire of England, Kingdom of Hellas, Republic of Ragusa, Duchy of Albania, Kingdom of Serbia, Duchy of Ukraine.

America: Columbia, Mexico, Haiti.

Recently annexed vassals: Empire of Spain, Kingdom of Croatia.

Future analysis:

England will be slowly incorporated into the Western European Empire, Portugal will soon follow as it will no allies to rely upon and her capital will be always under siege. Poland will be split between Austria and Muscowy. Sweden will lose Finland to Muscowy, Norway to England (thus, to Austria) and will become Austrian vassal. With luck it might remain such.

Future wars between Western and Eastern European empires are unlikely as both will have to deal with the coming plague of nationalism.

United States will probably break free from Austrian alliance and ally with Protestant Incas and Portugal. However, as Austrian and English empires merge, the Americans will have a hard time fighting the Europeans and their allies: Columbia, Mexico, Haiti. In the midst of this struggle lies the empire of Aztecs. I predict its survival, conquest of Mexico and rise to a second-rate power in the region.

Africa will be slowly conquered by Austria, as English and Portuguese colonies fall under Austrian control. A similar fate awaits India and Indonesia. China and Japan, yet unaccustomed to European way of war will fall easy prey to the Imperial ambitions.

It might go another way, but one things is for sure - this is the Empire that will last longer than those before it. It will crush what remains of the Turks and will liberate Jerusalem. Israel will not exist in this version of history, which could be also said about numerous Arab states that will be conquered around the beginning of the 20th century.

Once the world is divided between Austria and Muscowy, the latter will struggle to preserve its independence politically as well as culturally. But if the rest of the world is swallowed by Austria, this task will be rather impossible.

Screenshots:

hab60.jpg

Political map of the Empire in Europe

hab61.jpg

Allies and vassals

hab62.jpg

Political map of Duchy of Ukraine and Eastern Europe

hab63.jpg

Political map of North America

hab64.jpg

Victory score

Last edited:
A great postmortem, nalivayko! Seems like Austria will in the end take over the world! AGain, a great read and a job very well done!

A Brave New Christmas World!

Ah love that aftermath, what a fantastic scenario, no more wars, a whole world united under the thumb of the Austrian Emperor. Great writing:D

DJuan d Austria, thank you for reading and praising. Here's the great finale :)

Amric, thank you for your support, the reason that I actually finished this aar I contribute to you (partially, at least). Enjoy the screenie of US :)

Judge, thank you and yes, another aar is in the making. I played couple of games yesterday, just to get a feel for certain countries, but my next aar is going to be about the country you don't usually see on the map (hint: but it did appear on the maps in this aar).

Hm...can't be Ukraine...You already have one of those...I'm stumped...I guess I will have to wait in drooling anticipation. Always glad to be a motivater. This was a most enjoyable read and I am DEFINITELY looking forward to your next one!

:) No, it is not Ukraine, although I am tempted to revive Zaporozhian Host. The problem is I reinstalled the game (got savefiles and all, but...) and events that I wrote for Ukraine are gone now (did not know about moddir back then). It is not too late to fix it, but I just don't feel like it right now.

As for the new country, like I said, it is on my screenshots and it is in Europe. Western Europe. Good luck and keep on drooling :D

I'm going to guess Denmark. It's either that or Scotland...:D

Originally posted by nalivayko

...but my next aar is going to be about the country you don't usually see on the map (hint: but it did appear on the maps in this aar).

Another hint: this country is not in GC scenario... in fact, it is not in any official scenarios. It exists as a revolter... Hey, I almost gave it to you here, so might as well :)

It is Huguenots.

:D

Maybe i missed it but what was your tech level? your last screenshot had your units look like they were from the baroque era :confused:

It was pretty low (I am sure below 30 and above 25). I stopped caring once I realized there is not enough time to catch up.