• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(19338)

Recruit
Sep 6, 2003
Visit site
CTD on some events.

During some events or casual events i have a CTD and a message of error appears telling "Ddhelp caused an error in <unknow>. Ddhelp will be closed.
Those events are The passage of malta from Spain to State of Knights (I hope this is the right name in English) and another in the early 1600 in france.
The casual events are (i still hope to translate right): Army instructor, Italian engineer, fresco of a chapel, concession of exportation licence and other I don't remember :( .
Thank you for the time spent helping players!

Upvote 0
This is a known problem with the Italian 1.07 patch. The problem is in the Italian text.csv file.

First I'd try the website of the publisher of the Italian version as it is they who do the translation of the text in this file, not Paradox.

Or, if you're OK with English, you could get someone in the General EU2 forum here to send you the English text.csv from the 1.07 update.

Last edited:
Of the top of my head, I can think of:

MAXMAN_ECO;+%d (Economical Resources)\n;;;;;;;;;;12859
(which is to be inserted in text.csv, as it is new)

and
COTIW_DRO;%d$: Total trade in this CoT\n%d/20: %s's share of that trade\nx%.2f: %s's Trade Level\n= %.1f$ yearly trade income for %s from this CoT;;;;;;;;;;1924
(which must replace the old COTIW_DRO entry in text.csv - not updating this leads to the aforementioned merchant-crash problem)

Those were for 1.06 - there may be others in addition for 1.07.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar problem. Under the italian 1.07 patch, no betas applied or nothing, i get a crash to desktop every time i get a random event with multiple choices (like fresco painter etc...). am playing as portugal and all other vents work well both non-choice random and historical with choices (like Joao's).

Will installing the 1.07 beta solve this? what about installing the english patch? i have no problem in playing an english game,would this just screw things up, do i get a double language game (cool ! :D ), or what ?
Finally if this problem can be solved by replacing the text.csv, can anyone be so kind to send a working one to bundaufilm@libero.it ?
Thank you in advance !!!
Farewell

Did you try the fixes mentioned above?

But yes, overwriting your Italian text.csv by installing the beta (which is english only) will fix it.

Make a copy of text.csv first. The Maxman_eco line above goes between the maxman_manu and maxman_barra lines, and the cotiw_dro line replaces the existing same line. Use Notepad to do the editing, not Word or Excel. Make sure it doesn't rename the file to text.csv.txt, if it does change the name back.

...poor italians gamers....

Tatteo said:
During some events or casual events i have a CTD and a message of error appears telling "Ddhelp caused an error in <unknow>. Ddhelp will be closed.
.... Army instructor, Italian engineer, fresco of a chapel, concession of exportation licence and other I don't remember :( .

I have the same problem on these events, and the ecclesiastic power events about negative rollover text (no) choice.
I´m a italian gamer and I play with a PIII 700 MHZ ACER notebook with
OS Windows ME.
My secret dream: play one campaign at EUII without to restart the computer
ever 7-10 years.

Will be more important the economic interest of don´t
lose more time about a beautiful game that after 2
years continue to have bug... or the happiness of
a little number of italian (cutomers) gamers...
I´m not optimist

(Meno male che HOI funziona bene dopo la patch 1.05 ...)

xmas

...no comment

AndrewT said:
Make a copy of text.csv first. The Maxman_eco line above goes between the maxman_manu and maxman_barra lines, and the cotiw_dro line replaces the existing same line. Use Notepad to do the editing, not Word or Excel. Make sure it doesn't rename the file to text.csv.txt, if it does change the name back.

... Why to play at a game that I paid € 49, I have to copy..., to use
notepad..., to study the text file...,
OK till I have to download a patch or a mod, but when I have to do
the work of who I have paid... I don´t know to make a software, and
my english is very bad. It´s too much...

nothing of personal

You need to talk the the Italian publisher, as they wrote the bad Italian text.csv file, not Paradox.

AndrewT said:
Did you try the fixes mentioned above?

But yes, overwriting your Italian text.csv by installing the beta (which is english only) will fix it.

Hello, I'm a newbie and my english is terrible, but I hope to be able to explaine my doubt: is possible to unzip the february04 beta in a temporary folder and then take only the english text.csv to overwrite the italian text.csv, or do I've simply install the new beta?
Thx to all.

I think so, yes, depending on what exactly patch and beta you are on now. Keep your existing text.csv just in case.

thx, I'd tried to install only text.csv (unzipped from the latest beta, February 1st) on the italian 1.07 patch, and it seems to function. Now, the biggest problem is to read messages and events in english!! Perhaps I've to go again to school to study it better!! :eek:o
Thanks again.

Dear Sirs,
I've the same problem, how is it possible to extract only the text.csv file from the .exe patch?????

Please let me know as soon as possible, your game is Fantastic and best strategic game ever (after Civilization saga... )... but italian version is unplayable... you said to ask to Leader... Leader spa didn't answer me and it doesn't have anymore your product in your catalogue (I've bought it in a mall)..

Let me know please...

Ciao :rofl: