• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Huh. You're right!

Voting closes on August 6th, 2009! That's six more days of ACA shenanigans! Six more days to read splendid AARs and cast splendid votes! Six more days to show your favorite authors how much you love them!

Now, if I can just get Patrick Allen to read this post to y'all a la Phillip of Burgundy, this will be top shelf awesome.

VOTE!

Just filled my vote.
Am I the only one who has an vote for every category of every game? :confused:

Everyone should advertise this in their signatures.
I would if I could.

Just filled my vote.
Am I the only one who has an vote for every category of every game? :confused:

Everyone should advertise this in their signatures.
I would if I could.

The mods banned you from having a sig? :eek:

Just noticed Enewald voted for mine - that I pulled from the competition. ;) And a few others have voted for Brandenburg III's Dark Muse, which did not begin until July 1 so it is not yet eligible. I recognize there are not a lot of EUIII narratives that are eligible, but there is one if you look for it - at least one. ;) Remember, the rules state anything worked on between Jan and June is eligible. And this of course should perhaps spur some others to get to writing. It's an open category. :D

Just noticed Enewald voted for mine - that I pulled from the competition. ;) And a few others have voted for Brandenburg III's Dark Muse, which did not begin until July 1 so it is not yet eligible. I recognize there are not a lot of EUIII narratives that are eligible, but there is one if you look for it - at least one. ;) Remember, the rules state anything worked on between Jan and June is eligible. And this of course should perhaps spur some others to get to writing. It's an open category. :D
My AAR, Cum Porci Volant, didn't start until July 15. Does that mean that it's not eligible? If so, people should know so they can vote for someone else :)

Remember, the rules state anything worked on between Jan and June is eligible.

Is that still a rule? It wasn't explicitly stated in the new rules it just said "any AAR updated at any time during 2009 is still eligible, including ones that won only once so far."

In that case, comagoosie, my aar IS ineligible. Not that it was threatening an actual win or anything.

Is that still a rule? It wasn't explicitly stated in the new rules it just said "any AAR updated at any time during 2009 is still eligible, including ones that won only once so far."

In that case, comagoosie, my aar IS ineligible. Not that it was threatening an actual win or anything.
I TOLD YOU :D

you're too modest ;)

Any time during 2009 up until the awards started (which was 2nd quarter or July.) Next quarter the AARs worked on between Jan and Sept would be remain eligible if they have yet to win twice (according to the current rules and depending on any other rule changes.)

coz1 said:
Any time during 2009 up until the awards started (which was 2nd quarter or July.) Next quarter the AARs worked on between Jan and Sept would be remain eligible if they have yet to win twice (according to the current rules and depending on any other rule changes.)

phargle said:
But remember this: any AAR updated at any time during 2009 is still eligible, including ones that won only once so far.

I was under the same impression as the others and in that case, the above rule needs to be written more clearly (perhaps replaced with your own words.) Now I have to go through and check the dates of the AARs I voted on.

Last edited:
Edited mi vote once again.

So any AAR updated during this year (but before July) can be voted? :p

Btw, I see to few signatures with links to here. :(

Favorite Narrative AAR, Rome
Favorite Comedy AAR, Rome
Favorite History-Book AAR, Rome
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Rome

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU - Italy: Tales of Friendship, Treason, Love and Death by Capibara
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU - Kanem Bornu - Out of the Sahara by Duke of Wellington
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU - From Rus to Russia - Russia Megacampaign, pt.2 by RGB
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU - The Audacity of Hope - An Iroquois IN AAR by PrawnStar

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK

Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU, Italy: Tales of Friendship, Treason, Love and Death by Capibara
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU, Kanem Bornu - Out of the Sahara by Duke of Wellington
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU, Historia Slovaka by democratickid
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU, The Audacity of Hope by PrawnStar

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI,
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI,
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI,
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI,

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK, Piety of the North Star by Saithis
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK, The Crusader's Guide to the Holy Land by C'est Moi
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK, The Republic of Genoa. A community AAR by Grauuu
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK, Cum Porci Volant - A NubiAAR by Vaftrudner

Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky,
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky,
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky

I was under the same impression as the others and in that case, the above rule needs to be written more clearly (perhaps replaced with your own words.) Now I have to go through and check the dates of the AARs I voted on.
The month in which the ACA was held has never been eligible itself. Guess no one felt that needed spelling out since its always been the rule. Otherwise you could have someone start an AAR on the 15th of July and then get voted on for favorite on the 16th of July. Is that really what we want? Or to go back and look at what has been done over a period of at least a quarter? ;)

The month in which the ACA was held has never been eligible itself. Guess no one felt that needed spelling out since its always been the rule. Otherwise you could have someone start an AAR on the 15th of July and then get voted on for favorite on the 16th of July. Is that really what we want? Or to go back and look at what has been done over a period of at least a quarter? ;)

Well, the rules did change and for that reason we have to go by what we read. Don't get me wrong, I'm not protesting this or anything, I'm just saying how it was written here:

"But remember this: any AAR updated at any time during 2009 is still eligible, including ones that won only once so far."

is different from what you described. Now that you clarified I checked over my own submission and will be sure to remember it in the future.

Favorite Narrative AAR, Rome
Favorite Comedy AAR, Rome Petius Nieblus, The First Dog in Rome by Kurt_Steiner
Favorite History-Book AAR, Rome
Favorite Gameplay AAR, Rome

Favorite Narrative AAR, EU
Favorite Comedy AAR, EU Kanem Borny - Out of the Sahara by Duke of Wellington
Favorite History-Book AAR, EU Holland's history recovered - an IN 3.1 AAR by patham
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU The Shortest Road to Damascus by aldriq

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI
Favorite Comedy AAR, HOI
Favorite History-Book AAR, HOI
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK
Favorite History-Book AAR, CK
Favorite Gameplay AAR, CK

Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky A German Gaucho: The Selected Journals and Papers of Georg Steinmetz by AKjeldsen
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky The Triumph of Evil: Spain 1808-1945 by robou

Last edited:
did not begin until July 1 ... is not yet eligible.
I'm sure you understand, but you really need to rewrite the rule. The current leaders in several of the CK categories weren't started until July.

Out of 9 votes for favorite CK gameplay AAR, zero count on your gloss.

Favorite History-Book AAR, EU - O Lord Our God Arise by Judas Maccabeus
Favorite Gameplay AAR, EU - We Come In Peace: An Ashanti AAR by Starfury

Favorite Narrative AAR, HOI - The King's First Minister by Le Jones
Favorite Gameplay AAR, HOI - No Pasaran! by Fernando Torres

Favorite Narrative AAR, CK - Piety of the North Star by Saithis
Favorite Comedy AAR, CK - 1066 And All That by gja102

Favorite Narrative AAR, Vicky - The Golden Nation by DerKaiser
Favorite Comedy AAR, Vicky - Oh, Those Japanese by FallenMorgan
Favorite History-Book AAR, Vicky - The Triumph Of Evil by robou