• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As long as we can continue to stop expeditionary force spam...

...don't get me wrong, I love the Bulgarian 13th semi motorized, but I don't like'em that much.

2mmfu45.jpg

5!!

Remember we didnt saw a screenshot of argentina.. ever.

And I think that the voting ended and Gotterdammerung won

Chapter Eighteen: Wrapping it up, part I

I could of course have continued the AAR of my Finnish game for a little longer. But as I lost interest in thi game quickly and it got a bit out of hand due to the lack of a strategic AI I decided to wrap it up in a few posts and just tell you what happened next.
Good new is I lasted to May ’42 which is a long time. Couldn’t sign a piece as I had not chosen for a limited war.

First let us focus on the battle of Moscow in early ’42. The odds against me were growing and growing and thus I had to bring in more troops until all but five divisions were in the Moscow vicinity.

15yazie.jpg

Too bad for me, at this time the Soviets stirred again in the Archangelsk area, slowly retaking the region. Well, good for them.
On the 30th of December the Soviets attacked in full force and could only be held in check when I shifted several of my divisions to the threatened positions. The Southwest flank was in serious peril however and even though the core of my line was strong I didn’t have the manpower to defend my lines of communication.
3094mc7.jpg

Moscow, however, falls to my forces when I order my troops to charge forward in a desperate attempt. I throw in everything I can gather and curiously, succeed. It is early January.
At the same time I am trying to get to my next objective without losing the former. The goals are Stalingrad and the oilfields beyond. How many troops can I spare? A single 2 brigade division of cavalry. Ride boys, ride!​

zl66ok.jpg

A quick overview of the entire front teaches us the battle is hard in the centre and almost lost in the south. Bulgaria is in peril and the Hungarians aren’t that happy either. In the north the Soviets are truly beaten. Apart from the troops in the Moscow vicinity and some just to the west there is no one there. Ok, no strategic AI.​

nxqpp0.jpg

The Stalingrad attack force’s lines of communications are cut and they slowly starve in the city on the Volga (nobody home).
Over time my position in Moscow grows worse as I lose ground on both flanks in a desperate attempt to hold the city against overwhelming odds.
In late april the city is finally lost and all of my troops are pocketed. The Finnish army has been dealt a shattering blow.​

16acwht.jpg

opvk86.jpg