• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yay for 'Improved Foraging' - It's basically the hot date with Megan Fox of National Ideas.

FEEDBACK
:eek: It would seem so. And yet, something just feels wrong.
France blobbing all over the world with almost no BadBoy score, wrong? Perish the thought... :)

Free China! Free China! Free China!

And apart from that, I'm happy to finally see France getting rid of german-like rulers. (Statdholder? Please...)
Fine, fine... we shall permit them some limited freedoms in a designated area, so that we can exhibit the vast tolerance of France. :)

Taking my time going Constitutional Republic was only due to the slider move. Took me some thirty years to cross that gap. :)

I really hate Stadtholders, so it's nice to see Presidents at last.
It'll be Presidents from here on in, since I was too dumb to revert to a Despotic Monarchy at the end there. :)

you had quite a lot of boundary disputes on that update :D
there's not much of the world who won't follow the president at end game :D
Diplomacy 8 or 9 rulers are absolutely priceless in driving up the number of boundary disputes. It's all dumb luck, and fairly stable borders. :)

Yay for 'Improved Foraging' - It's basically the hot date with Megan Fox of National Ideas.
I'm also fond of the idea - especially right after peace deals with the Horde, where I'm often taking +0.80 attrition a month from my returning armies. :)

Part 91 - The end of Castillian inflation

EU3_151.jpg
The main problem here is heavily fortified Naples.

EU3_152.jpg
We came close to a clean reputation before this war.

EU3_153.jpg
Poland is OPM'ed.

EU3_154.jpg
Kashmir disappears.

EU3_155.jpg
The Empire pushes back the Horde.

EU3_156.jpg
Ming seeks to remove their minor.

EU3_158.jpg
We're still sieging in southern Italy, so while Lithuania is fully occupied, our forces move south to start another war before the current war is brought to an end.

EU3_159.jpg
The Ottomans are still recovering from their previous wars.

EU3_161.jpg
Ming OPM's Xia.

EU3_162.jpg
Overrunning the Ottomans wasn't too difficult. We shave off some cores, southern Greece and claim Serbia.

EU3_163.jpg
Despite all that, we still have a solid buffer left, for now.

EU3_164.jpg
Poland's fate is now sealed.

EU3_165.jpg
After several years, the forts in Italy finally fall. Naples is humbled.

EU3_166.jpg
Lithuania is trimmed down. Unfortunately, their provinces cost tremendous amounts of WarScore, so we cannot close off their Horde border.

EU3_167.jpg
Slow, steady rise...

EU3_168.jpg
Still not dead, the French President is re-elected.

EU3_169.jpg
After suffering for hundreds of years, despite having worked their way up to tech level 11 and down to a mere 950% inflation, Castille throws in the towel and joins Austria. The really sad part is that this also auto-expires our core on Toledo - it's more than 50 years since we first got it, and we've only refreshed it against Castille, not Austria. :(

EU3_171.jpg
Low BadBoy score and a Diplomacy 8 ruler brings great results. Three for one! And we're now short of vassals for the next time. Best remedy that...

EU3_172.jpg
Meanwhile, HRE Ansbach is on the move.

EU3_173.jpg
France goes after Sardinia, and that means Naples joins in.

Part 92 - Dealing with Cretins

EU3_174.jpg
Naples hasn't quite recovered from our previous war.

EU3_176.jpg
While we're at it, time to claim that last pesky island in the Mediterranean. The Ottomans do have a mission regarding it, but that one requires Crete to be held by Venice... and it's a long time since Venice was in any such position. :)

EU3_177.jpg
I don't think they'll resist too much.

EU3_178.jpg
The Horde seeks more Catholics.

EU3_179.jpg
With Wurzburg gone, so is the chance of the Papal States reappearing. No more Catholic theocracies exist in Europe.

EU3_180.jpg
Naples is subdued.

EU3_181.jpg
Our work in China is not done.

EU3_183.jpg
Lithuania loses more land; the Silver Hand cannot defend Azeroth from the Horde.

EU3_184.jpg
The siege is not complete - apparently, the blockade provides enough warscore to vassalise them.

EU3_185.jpg
Crete receives the same treatment.

EU3_187.jpg
Time to clear out some other core provinces.

EU3_188.jpg
Ought to be over quickly.

EU3_189.jpg
Poland, gone.

EU3_190.jpg
Luxembourg, gone. With that, all French culture group provinces are now incorporated into France.

EU3_191.jpg
Those seven BadBoy points push our score up, though.

EU3_192.jpg
Yet, we're not done. We have a core in India about to expire.

EU3_193.jpg
The worst part of this are the many scattered fronts.

EU3_194.jpg
The President is re-elected again.

EU3_195.jpg
Nepal seeks to interfere.

EU3_196.jpg
Maharasthra is OPM'ed.

EU3_197.jpg
As is Madurai.

EU3_198.jpg
...and Lan Xang...

EU3_199.jpg
...and Khmer...

EU3_200.jpg
...and Bihar.

EU3_201.jpg
Rajputana is merely trimmed down some.

EU3_202.jpg
Our BadBoy level is now very high, from taking so many non-core provinces.

EU3_203.jpg
The worst part might be losing this effect, since we now own Bihar. Though, at this stage, money hardly matters; we have that in spades, thanks to minting.

Part 93 - Africa, all French

EU3_204.jpg
Persia goes after the Horde.

EU3_205.jpg
We make it clear to them that the northern part of the Horde is French.

EU3_206.jpg
More claims in China...

EU3_207.jpg
...and within Mongol lands.

EU3_208.jpg
After the Horde stampeding the Persian steppes again, Persia accepts a quick peace.

EU3_209.jpg
A claim on Finland? We take it.

EU3_211.jpg
Since the President still ain't dead, we re-elect him. The Cabinet can run things well enough.

EU3_212.jpg
Time to discipline Persia.

EU3_213.jpg
Their forces are adequate, but far inferior in tech.

EU3_214.jpg
...they never learn.

EU3_215.jpg
Time to secure some land, all across Asia.

EU3_216.jpg
The brave Ottomans jump in once Persia's forces are all but gone.

EU3_217.jpg
Persia is kicked out of Africa, leaving the entire continent in French hands at last.

EU3_218.jpg
Mind, this is not without cost.

EU3_219.jpg
Moreover, our core in Brandenburg is expiring. Time to 'refresh' it.

Wow. I am impressed. You've done a great job - even with making mistakes like not noticing the fact that the stab cost for DOWs is also a WE/BB cost, and not abusing excommunication more. I've been away from the forums for a while, but had to stop and read this and catch up.

FEEDBACK
.....mega fckn facepalm :eek:o
I wonder how long it'd have gone on if I hadn't interfered. :)

10 000 days ain't that much....

And let me be the first one to point out the Warcraft reference.

(Just out of curiosity, do you play WoW or just the strategies?)
I've only played the RTS games. I've bought WoW, but have not yet installed it. Something about a 'pay for the game again and again every month' bit grates my nerves. Another decade, and they might put it in 'free' mode. I'll wait for that, or a full month when I've nothing better to do, like work. :)

Exactly, anyone could seige a city for 30 years. What's all the fuss about? :)
If anything, it'll be to show the AI can be stubborn. And a bit dumb. Lancaster happily sent 15 regiments to 'siege' the unfortified province of Asturias, but they could never reach the Castillian capitol within the French donut. The AI didn't consider sending some forces to help the single regiment in Lothian out, nor would they want a peace. :)

Coming that close to a World Conquest with only 24 "Wars of Aggression" must be some kind of achievement in itself!
Given the naming, I've declared more than twentyfour wars, but that's still far too many. Should have relied more on guarantees... :)

Wow. I am impressed. You've done a great job - even with making mistakes like not noticing the fact that the stab cost for DOWs is also a WE/BB cost, and not abusing excommunication more. I've been away from the forums for a while, but had to stop and read this and catch up.
I've done a terrible job... should have done more research early on than to trust an outdated wiki.

I did know DoWs gave WE/BB cost, but I didn't realize the BB cost was variable, as long as you had a Casus Belli. I thought it would then be a 1 BadBoy cost, not 2 for 'same religion without Unnam Sanctum'. :)

Part 94 - Brandenburg's reprieve

EU3_220.jpg
This war should secure Europe for us.

EU3_221.jpg
What perfect timing. :)

EU3_222.jpg
Ansbach is OPM'ed. That's their punishment for not going after Hesse.

EU3_223.jpg
Austria tries to reclaim lost glory.

EU3_224.jpg
Haasa's fate is sealed.

EU3_225.jpg
The last province producing Slaves is forced to seek other ventures.

EU3_226.jpg
The Mongol Khanagate is OPM'ed.

EU3_227.jpg
We're pushing it close...

EU3_228.jpg
Persia is pushed back by the Ottomans.

EU3_229.jpg
Brandenburg is left alive, simply because we can't afford the 3,5 BadBoy points from annexing them at this time.

EU3_230.jpg
Champassak is the new Champa. Lan Xang is guaranteed by Majapahit, which tells us how this war will end.

EU3_231.jpg
Ming is forced to give up our cores. We have one more, but unfortunately the Japanese landed in that province first, and took the siege. :(

EU3_232.jpg
Enough room for two provinces... or a sudden drop to a Diplomacy 6 ruler.

EU3_233.jpg
We gain a core on Wessex - however, this makes our mission reward pointless.

EU3_234.jpg
Therefore, we cancel the 'conquer Wessex' mission, and get... Oh, bother. And five years later, when we cancel this one, we get 'improve relations with Austria'...

Part 95 - Ryukyu's End

EU3_235.jpg
Xia makes a bold move.

EU3_236.jpg
This time, Japan is welcome to the troublesome isles.

EU3_237.jpg
Champassak is reduced.

EU3_238.jpg
At last, a new Diplomat. He's immediately hired.

EU3_240.jpg
The fort in Styria falls at last. Gelre joins the line of French vassals.

EU3_241.jpg
Austria is merely trimmed down a bit. All of Iberia is finally French.

EU3_242.jpg
This does push our BadBoy up a bit.

EU3_243.jpg
Another National Idea slot opens up. We don't particularly need more missionaries, but since the idea boosts the culture spread event, we pick it. No financially related NI can really help us much at this point.

EU3_244.jpg
We claim bits of Bengal.

EU3_245.jpg
Champassak, now an OPM.

EU3_246.jpg
After being the source of countless wars, Ryukyu Islands finally become Japanese, permanently.

EU3_247.jpg
Election Day. The President still breathes, so he's re-elected again.

EU3_248.jpg
Rajputana attempts to reclaim lost territory, but throws the Indian minors into chaos as a result.

EU3_249.jpg
Our BadBoy is still high, but we're out of time. It's almost the year 1800. We must make another diploannexation run now, if we're to make two more attempts before the game ends.

EU3_250.jpg
We're in luck - one of our vassals accepts the offer. Soon after, we roll into a new century.

Part 96 - 400 years of play - Overview Jan 2nd, 1800

Rather than the usual screens, a few map shots instead...

EU3_266.jpg
Europe is looking reasonably unified.

EU3_267.jpg
Fairly Protestant, too.

EU3_268.jpg
Not too much left of the Holy Roman Empire.

EU3_269.jpg
They all rally behind Austria, which is fine by me, at this point.

EU3_MAP_FRA_180012_1.jpg
As or the world map...

EU3_MAP_FRA_180012_2.jpg
...and the French portion of it.

Of our foreign core claims, only those in Majapahit, Korea and Lancaster will expire before game's end. The rest will be pursued as opportunity and BadBoy limit permits.

EU3_271.jpg
Rajputana ends with no gains, but rebels will plague the region for some time.

EU3_272.jpg
The blanking of guarantees and alliances leads Nepal to go aggressive.

EU3_273.jpg
France makes another claim on Deva Bengal. They dare use almost the same map color? Preposterous.

EU3_274.jpg
Persia is told to give up land as tribute, but refuse... for now.

EU3_275.jpg
Bihar disappears, and good riddens.

EU3_276.jpg
Ming manages to vassalise Xia, but is beset by peasant rebels and...

EU3_277.jpg
...a few Manchu nationalists, that quickly declare independence, taking the French core in Liaoxi with them.

EU3_278.jpg
This cannot be tolerated. Before the new nation is guaranteed, we jump them.

EU3_280.jpg
The dispute is quickly settled.

EU3_281.jpg
Our claim in Majapahit is due, so we start a storm in South East Asia.

EU3_282.jpg
Shouldn't be too hard, this.

EU3_286.jpg
Lan Xang is OPM'ed.

EU3_288.jpg
...and after 32 years of service... exactly to the day... the President is found dead. The Cabinet needs another figurehead. We luck out, but you just know this guy can't be as endurable.

EU3_289.jpg
Majapahit is somewhat reduced. The cost of their provinces is simply too high to claim more. A pity, since we know they'll die by rebel once we settle this.

EU3_290.jpg
Deva Bengal is OPM'ed.

EU3_291.jpg
Our BadBoy, still high.

EU3_292.jpg
We claim Lucknow, not the easiest province to take.

EU3_293.jpg
We also desire Tambow...

EU3_294.jpg
...Larissa...

EU3_295.jpg
...Grodno...

EU3_297.jpg
...and Volhynia.

EU3_298.jpg
Still, we opt to go after more of China, since our core in Korea is about to expire.

Consider using the animated GIF map (it's stickied in the AAR forum) and giving us an animated map of France's expansion!

FEEDBACK
:D Creating an army would be fun
Building a few thousand regiments I don't need, isn't my idea of fun. :)

32 years as president?!?!?1 :eek:
Is that possible? :D

Hmm, only 28 French wars of aggression... strange...

Remember ACA!
I found it more curious that Stadtholders and Presidents kept dying on election day - but a Diplomacy 8 ruler for 32 years was very welcome. :)

France had many more aggressive wars, but they got other titles, like '30th French-Ming War' or suchlike, I gather.

Consider using the animated GIF map (it's stickied in the AAR forum) and giving us an animated map of France's expansion!
Okay, I've given it a try, for the final post. Took me five hours of work fiddling with installations and getting everything to mostly work, so I sure hope they'll show up okay... :)

Part 97 - Untimely deaths

EU3_299.jpg
Time for a steamroll.

EU3_300.jpg
Korea is removed.

EU3_301.jpg
As is the Mongol Khanagate.

EU3_302.jpg
Ming is pruned just a bit.

EU3_303.jpg
This does cost us a bit, but not as much as feared.

EU3_304.jpg
A few months later, our core on Lancashire is about to expire. Time to fight.

EU3_305.jpg
With their fleets contained, this shouldn't be too hard.

EU3_306.jpg
We get a very timely Boundary Dispute.

EU3_308.jpg
...and of course, our super-President dies. His successor is much his opposite - and...

EU3_310.jpg
...he's inept at Diplomacy. We're crossing the threshold. :(

EU3_311.jpg
The result is immediate.

EU3_312.jpg
As expected, Majapahit is swamped by rebels, most of them nationalist.

EU3_313.jpg
Our last National Idea slot opens up, and we toss Church Attendance Duty there, to speed up culture spread even more.

EU3_314.jpg
Majapahit collapses. Pegu, Ayutthaya and Brunei re-emerges.

EU3_315.jpg
We wait patiently, until we have one point to spare. Time to make peace.

EU3_316.jpg
Finland first. Two cores, and one province at cost. We wait for a while longer...

EU3_317.jpg
...and paying a point for Lothian, we peace Lancaster also.

EU3_318.jpg
At least the limit can't go lower than this, at present.

EU3_319.jpg
Pegu makes a bad call. Ayutthaya has friends.

EU3_320.jpg
So they realize.

EU3_322.jpg
We toss out one President, and get a marginally better one - though not where we need him to be.

EU3_323.jpg
Still, we're out of time. Another diplomatic endeavor is made, with fair results, given our high BadBoy score and poor ruler. They were all in 'unlikely' mode at this point.

Part 98 - Warnings be damned

EU3_324.jpg
Champassak pacifies Japan. Too bad they don't dare use their subject to ravage South East Asia.

EU3_325.jpg
Persia vs. Punjab. I know where my money goes.

EU3_326.jpg
They're forced to give the Ottomans something, though.

EU3_327.jpg
At least they get Lahore as a consolation prize.

EU3_328.jpg
We push for a core on our vassal.

EU3_330.jpg
Another election, we gamble... and win, sort of.

EU3_333.jpg
Time to get active again, despite all the warnings. We've been at peace for well over five years, and with the end of the game fast approaching, we need to claim land.

EU3_334.jpg
The Ottomans are the most difficult target here.

EU3_335.jpg
Hesse, a renegade Republican Dictatorship, is shown the light.

EU3_336.jpg
The same with Bohemia.

EU3_337.jpg
Maharasthra is let go.

EU3_338.jpg
As is Khmer.

EU3_339.jpg
The absolute bulk of Turkish forces were parked in their two Central Asian provinces. Our local forces, led by supreme conquistadors, manage to force them back.

EU3_341.jpg
Madurai is let off cheaply.

EU3_343.jpg
Haasa, however, are not. We want our core there.

EU3_344.jpg
Lan Xang, we let be.

EU3_345.jpg
Malwa is OPM'ed - and then forced out of existence by making them release Delhi out of their last province.

EU3_346.jpg
The main Ottoman army is now truly broken. We chase it down to destruction.

EU3_347.jpg
Kosovo wishes to defect. We permit them.

EU3_348.jpg
From the Ottomans, we claim their last Central Asian holdings, our core in Larissa, and a land corridor to our African holdings, dividing their empire to unite our own.

EU3_350.jpg
The worst siege in this game, against the level 4 fort on Socotra, finally ends in success. Tens of thousands of dead French peasants litter the grounds after countless failed assaults. The Orthodox Zealot rebels holding the island chain fought bitterly.

EU3_351.jpg
It goes without saying we claim the islands for ourselves.

EU3_352.jpg
With that, we can let the alliance leader - Nepal - off easy. We simply do not have the points to spare picking up their extra provinces.

EU3_354.jpg
As expected, Delhi breaks our alliance first chance they get - and good riddens. Now, to fight them and take the core there...

EU3_355.jpg
We have a small window... and a target in mind.

EU3_356.jpg
Brandenburg must be incorporated into France this time around.