• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I vote for a replacement of alla artillery units with tank cat!

Also, it's kind of fun that you haven't blobbed half as much in Netherlands as France usually does.

FEEDBACK
I had once two diplomatic advisors, giving +12 diplo boost for my 9 diplo monarch. :D

Everyone who just I wanted to vassalize accepted it and annexing was 'very likely'. :rofl:
Since an Ambassador can only add +3 diplomatic skill, how did you manage +12? :)

You asked about tank cat...
633536387947520387-tankcat.jpg

XD :rofl: Bathtub fleet is better than none!
Nice kitty, niiiice kitty... *backs away slowly*

As for the bathtub fleet - perhaps you're right. It's awfully hard to hit with ship-to-ship cannon. :)

I vote for a replacement of alla artillery units with tank cat!

Also, it's kind of fun that you haven't blobbed half as much in Netherlands as France usually does.
That's in part because I waited for cores, and part because Brabant was doing such a nice job of blobbing the region. I had hopes they'd eat it all, making my nibbling off of them later cheaper in terms of BadBoy. Alas, they've grown content with their borders.

Badboy down quite a ways, well done. How's the end-game math looking? We gonna make it?
For this particular game, complete world conquest is out of the question, unless I breach the BadBoy limit. Barring a string of six-star Diplomats and a few hundred Boundary Disputes, I simply won't have enough score to go on. Even declaring war costs two points now, and I have to do that for some of the European minors. :(

I do believe it is possible to conquer the world - for one, staying Catholic and in control of the Curia would help. Smarter tactics than I used (rely far more on guarantees, diploannex OPMs, attack the heathen world first) should make it possible. Castille should not have a problem doing all these, especially with their BadBoy-reducing missions.

Once this game is finished, maybe I'll try to do a peaceful conquest with Castille, or the Ottomans, or Ming. They all have great potential for this, although their approaches would be very different.

Part 65 - Raging French Bull, Ming Chinashop

EU3_24.jpg
Persia seeks to extend their empire into India.

EU3_26.jpg
Oman might have to give up some land within five decades.

EU3_27.jpg
Persia grows.

EU3_28.jpg
In a stunning show of common sense, the electorate votes to keep the Stadtholder.

EU3_29.jpg
With our BadBoy score lowering rapidly, we seek to expand our Asian holdings.

EU3_30.jpg
Fortune favors us - Vientiane leads the alliance. :)

EU3_31.jpg
Shan is trimmed down again.

EU3_32.jpg
Why, of course our border is disputed - we're at war!

EU3_33.jpg
Twenty tech levels does make a slight difference. :)

EU3_35.jpg
Majapahit seeks to secure one of their few weak neighbors.

EU3_36.jpg
Saxony is urged to join the French fold of vassals.

EU3_37.jpg
Vientiane graciously awards France large swaths of Ming lands - twelve provinces worth!

EU3_38.jpg
Minus one core province, that results in eleven BadBoy points.

EU3_39.jpg
Majapahit succeeds.

EU3_40.jpg
We complete the university in Cambray, but we have no need for the philosopher.

EU3_41.jpg
Our new mission is a difficult one. Building a regimental camp is easy, gaining an army reformer is pure chance.

EU3_43.jpg
Following Majapahit's example, Champa preys on Vientiane.

EU3_45.jpg
Our grand ruler dies. His replacement leaves much to be desired.

EU3_46.jpg
Having expanded south, north and east, Persia now seeks to expand west. However, the Ottoman Empire, though smaller, has a fairly large and several tech levels more modern army.

EU3_49.jpg
Smugglers are ignored, the -1 stability alternative would probably cost even more.

EU3_50.jpg
Champa also succeeds.

EU3_54.jpg
Persia does not. After several battles on the borders of Asia Minor, they cut their losses for a white peace.

EU3_55.jpg
With a temporary Sheriff at court, we get to pass the Mining Act.

FEEDBACK

I wonder if there's a way you can get some of those OPMs to get gobbled up by someone else.
That was sort of what I was trying to do early on - my original hope was Burgundy, but they died. Denmark did well, but became a target with the Reformation. Brabant blobbed nicely, but then stopped. Austria and Bohemia both proved reluctant to enter the HRE.

At this stage, I'll have to deal with the OPMs myself. :)

Ouch. That's gonna hurt.
It did slow us down for a bit, yes. :)

He could ally them, DOW Austria, wait till she annexes them, the cat tank over the Haspburgs.
Trouble with that is allying them. They aren't likely to go for that as long as I'm allied to half a dozen vassals, and the alternative would be to 'guide' Austria to my vassals and let Austria eat them. Effectively, that would result in a BadBoy cost equal to or higher than diploannexing, thanks to the DoW costs.

Mind you, I try to do this with the guaranteed nations, though... :)

One does not simply cat tank over the Hapsburgs!

Unless one is the BB-free BBB, I guess...
Pfft. The BBB sans BB is as friendly as can B. :)

I think I played then with MEIOU.
Could also be that I modded them myself. :eek:o

A third of China is yours, well done!
The third of China I explored, even. Vientiane saved me the trouble of scouting through lots of steppe. :)

How about converting to absolute monarchy at the end game and recreating the french revolution? It surely would be interesting. Oh and great AAR.
We'll see... the French revolution is beside the point in this AAR, in my opinion.

And thanks. :)

China OWNED :eek:
Only a wee bit of it. :)

Seconded.

And it would be cool if you would turn into Absolute Monarchy so we could Viva la Revolucion! everywhere so that people of Europe would be under a proper government.
I've never seen any such revolution happen in-game, myself... and I'm not exactly eager to try for it, either. We'll see. :)

Part 66 - One province, 250 regiments

EU3_56.jpg
Austria looks to lose their Imperial throne, if temporary, but their king outlasts our claims in Germany. We cannot wait any longer, and war is declared.

EU3_57.jpg
Brabant becomes the alliance leader, unfortunately.

EU3_58.jpg
French forces are initially successful, since the bulk of the Austrian army is guarding against the Horde. However, once their regiments return, a massive clash commences in occupied Tirol. Both sides march in reinforcements as fast as possible.

EU3_59.jpg
Anhalt gains the first peace, rendering them a French vassal.

EU3_61.jpg
The battle for Tirol ends in disaster for France. Our forces are in full retreat as Austria groups their army into a true, 150 regiments strong megastack. They soon start liberating all occupied lands.

EU3_62.jpg
After that, they target Schwyz. All French regiments in the area are sent in to reinforce our defenders.

EU3_64.jpg
The excitement is too much for our Stadtholder. A replacement is called in.

EU3_65.jpg
At long last, the Austrian forces back off. Now that they are broken, it becomes a matter of chasing them into oblivion.

EU3_66.jpg
Hungary has noticed Austria's momentous defeat, and seeks to profit from their misfortunes.

EU3_68.jpg
We catch up with the retreating Austrians in Tirol.

EU3_69.jpg
Again, we are victorious, and the Austrians are pursued.

EU3_71.jpg
Koln does not bother waiting for a formal peace, and joins France early.

EU3_75.jpg
In Konstanz, the Austrian megastack is at last routed.

EU3_76.jpg
They still have some forces left, but nowhere near enough to be more than a bother.

EU3_77.jpg
The Horde is not above seeking revenge on Austria - and her allies.

EU3_78.jpg
Crimea is reduced.

EU3_81.jpg
After very lengthy sieges, the forts of Mecklenburg falls. Pruned to a One Province Minor, they become a French vassal.

EU3_82.jpg
Prussia receives a similar treatment.

EU3_83.jpg
The Horde secures a piece of the Baltic coastline.

EU3_84.jpg
It is time to settle things with Austria. We claim their Center of Trade in Trent, a corridor towards Salzburg, but also their lands bordering the Horde. We hope to protect Austria from the Horde henceforth.

EU3_85.jpg
Our BadBoy score is still acceptable.

EU3_87.jpg
Pommerania is pruned to vassalage.

EU3_88.jpg
Brabant is also reduced considerably. Our core in Liege is free, but the rest costs us.

EU3_90.jpg
...though perhaps not so much.

Good work!

I'm having the same problem with OPMs in the Netherlands/Germany - no one is interested in consolidating them for a nice simple low BB conquest spree :(

FEEDBACK
still expanding quickly :D
in europe this time ^^

there were low losses for two megastacks like this :D
At this stage, I've nothing to lose by expanding in Europe. The BadBoy cost is prohibitive everywhere. :)

In >150 regiment stacks, yer don't call em "megastack"
You call them MEGA FRIGGIN HELL OF A DOOMSTAX
Whatever we called it, it's gone now. :)

I thinks you might be a bit late for an WC... hurry! :D
As I've mentioned before, WC probably won't happen. I've played up until 1716 so far, and progress is slow. It's not the ability to conquer that's holding me back, it's the BadBoy threshold. :)

Good work!

I'm having the same problem with OPMs in the Netherlands/Germany - no one is interested in consolidating them for a nice simple low BB conquest spree :(
Usually, Denmark, Burgundy or France would give it a go. Maybe Poland, Austria or even Bavaria - but mostly, they stay out of it. A pity... for us. :)

Part 67 - Persian Interference

EU3_91.jpg
We gain a reason for war on Ming.

EU3_92.jpg
To save the Venice Center of Trade from stagnation, we destroy the useless Center of Trade the Austrians built in Trent.

EU3_93.jpg
Naples opened a Center of Trade in Napoli. Its value is just above 400 ducats, and so we split it to gain more colonists. :)

EU3_95.jpg
Austria isn't doing too well. Hungary in the south, the Horde in the west, Lithuania to the north.

EU3_96.jpg
Sadly, Hungary is more interested in creating new One Province Minors than take territory. :(

EU3_103.jpg
Election time. We keep our current guy.

EU3_104.jpg
...great. Just.. great. Why couldn't we get this while the land still belonged to Austria, and was cheap?

EU3_106.jpg
France curses the Horde.

EU3_107.jpg
We take our frustration out on Shan.

EU3_108.jpg
Tibet leads the alliance this time. However, they are reasonably large, and mostly 'terra incognita' for us.

EU3_109.jpg
Shan is removed entirely.

EU3_110.jpg
What land we can see, is quickly secured.

EU3_111.jpg
Ming are let off 'easy'.

EU3_112.jpg
Tibet is properly reduced.

EU3_113.jpg
Our BadBoy score remains manageable, since wars in terra incognita takes time, which reduces BadBoy we already had to nothing.

EU3_114.jpg
Another re-election.

EU3_115.jpg
Stability is costly, but here we'd lose a point regardless. Defensive trumps offensive. Free fort events abound.

EU3_116.jpg
France claims a chunk of Persian real estate in the Middle East.

EU3_117.jpg
It is with great sadness the French court receives word of WyHat's passing. We might indeed never see his like again. For that matter, we might never see another Diplomat again, short of the two-star still in service.

EU3_118.jpg
Africa becomes a little more French.

EU3_119.jpg
Our next batch of mass-annexation attempts meets a fair success; two of five isn't bad.

EU3_120.jpg
As we prepare to fight the Ottomans, since our core on their vassal Bosnia is expiring, Persia throws a wrench in the works by attacking their neighbor...