• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbansonloses.jpg
The pursuit continued along the Northern Ryukyu islands, where the Combined Fleet managed to score a victory, although not without heavy losses.

japanwin2.jpg
Shortly thereafter the ME Command arrived and the Illustrious sunk three more mayor Japanese ships. In this battle, the last leading ship of the IJN, the IJN Taiho was completely destroyed, signaling the end of Japanese superiority in the Pacific: After three years of all-out naval war, Japan's industry could not cope with the tremendous pressure of holding up the fight against the Royal Navy. Although the battle had been long and had taken many lives, the IJN had finally been subdued, and the Royal Navy now reigned surpreme over the Pacific.

sinkingofthetaiho.jpg
The IJN Taiho is destroyed as Japanese sailors jump over the edge to escape the fire. This event marked the end of Japanese superiority in the Pacific

battlesaigon.jpg
In Indochina, German forces attacked Saigon, where remnants of the Indochina force fought untill the bitter end. After switching sides three times and facing counterattacks from Rach Gia, Saigon finally fell on September 12th 1943. After the loss of their main supply port and front headquarters, the Indochina force surrendered, and Pact forces were now in full control of Siam and Indochina. Following their victory, Weiss and his men moved North, to assist in the attack on Manchuria.

After the fall of China, most Japanese forces retreated back over the Korean border to attempt a last-ditch defence in the mountains of North-Korea

Last edited:
labradorseawar.jpg

In the Labrador Sea, hostilities heated up as Pact bombers began attacking US transport fleets attempting to reach Newfoundland

winusa1.jpg

nzbattke1.jpg

It soon became clear that other Allied States were militarising aswell: Both Australia, New-Zealand and Canada had managed to build impressive fleets and airforces to fight against Pact forces.

endofmanchuria.jpg

The battle of Mudanjiang signaled the end of the Japanese puppet of Manchuria, as German forces bashed the remnants of the IJA back over the Korean border.

I'd have attacked Australia by now.

That just opens op another front which we certainly don't need, there will be time enough after the fall of japan.

-----------------​

nystack.jpg

In new York, British bombers discovered three new US fleets before unknown to Pact intelligence. The US was building carriers at amazing rate, it’s fleet already dwarfing the Kriegsmarine and the RN combined

sabotbak.jpg

Pact doctrine in North-America now revolved around holding Newfoundland and attempting to take out as much ships as possible, to increase US war fatigue and slow their incredible military expanse.

sunkbyaicrafts.jpg

Aircrafts began to take a larger and larger role in carrier warfare, as both Japan and the US had discovered that Pact superior airtechnology gave them a strong advantage. While the Pact Airforce had been the smallest in the world at the beginning of the war, both Germany and the UK were now building more and more airplanes to support their fronts.​

Last edited:
How long until we get some land action again?

Whats the amount of CV's in that superstack?

A normal American stack consists of 25 to 30 ships with about half of them CV's.
A Superstack is a fleet of 30 ships composed almost entirely out of CV's.

How can an CV itself sink an enemy ship without aircraft usage? :p

Ramming course?

How long until we get some land action again?

I know, all these sea-battles aren't really my cup of tea, I'm the field marshal :D
But it won't be too long, there are several land battles and some story elements coming up.

-Laurence

Oh, in other news, me and Laurence were invited to a proclamation yesterday where one of our collaborations apparently won the 'Albert Stryhol'-award. Concretely, this means we got 120 euro's hard cash. And that is the second time this month we win prizes. Ka-ching! :D

-Vincent

Congratulations.

I think it works like this: the sinking is attributed to the last ship that hit the sunk ship. This means that even if they fired that CV fired one bullet, if that was the bullet that did that last bit of damage necessary to sink it then it gets attributed that kill. I guess at this stage CVs have sea attack 1 or something like that.

Congratulations.

I think it works like this: the sinking is attributed to the last ship that hit the sunk ship. This means that even if they fired that CV fired one bullet, if that was the bullet that did that last bit of damage necessary to sink it then it gets attributed that kill. I guess at this stage CVs have sea attack 1 or something like that.

Thanks.

And no even if the CAG from that CV makes the kill, it will still say that CV in the sink list.
When it said "aircraft" it means an actual aircraft made the sink, like a TAC or a NAV.

-Laurence

japanneverquits.jpg

In Kota Bahru, Japanese forces refused to surrender, continuing their attack North to Alor Star. Japanese determination was unbelievable: While facing defeat after defeat on land and complete annihilation on the seas, not a single Japanese commander contemplated surrender. An unknown field marshal in Saigon was later rumored to have made the remark “We will fight until we are knee-deep in the sea. No sooner will we surrender, no sooner. For the Emperor!”. Japanese zeal alone, however, could not stop the German mechanized war machine: German forces had nearly reached the borders of Korea, smashing all foolish enough to stand in their way.

October 1943

More to the North, German forces began their attack on Vladivostok and the last remnants of the Soviet Union. Once a proud and mighty empire, the Soviet Union was now little more than a couple of severed provinces near the North Pole, it’s industry annihilated and it’s army barely organised. The Battle for Vladivostok would be their last.

The following events took place October 1st, 1943, Vladivostok, USSR

War changes everything. As the thought crossed Jorgen’s mind, it sounded rather ironic and he couldn’t help but surpress a grin. Three years ago, he had been a simple private, one of the thousands sent into the vast territories of the Soviet Union, simply hoping that he would survive. One and a half year ago, he had taken a bullet for a man now nicknamed as Laurence, der Eroberer. The Conqueror. After the rise to power of the Field Marshall, Jorgen Krause was promoted to Obernkommandant and now he, out of all people, was chosen to lead the attack on Vladivostok. He was a veteran now. After fighting the Red Army in Kiev, in Stalingrad, across the thousand mile plains of Siberia, all the way to the Eastern Seaboard, he had become a fearless man. He had come to Vladivostok as a conqueror, as a leader. Van Geyte himself had tasked him with defeating the Red Army, and he was about to succeed.

All this crossed Jorgen’s mind while he drove in the back of a German halftrack through the wartorn streets of Vladivostok. The city had been mauled by the battle; All around them, massive fires had erupted with explosions regularly occuring. A sudden roaring sound caught Jorgen’s attention, and he looked up. He saw a downed Soviet airplane quickly plumetting their way. Jorgen panicked “TO THE LEFT! TO THE LEFT!”
The driver of the halftrack remained eerily calm even while cannon shells and gunfire sounded all around them. He proclaimed “Yes sir!” as he tumbled the steering wheel to the left. The halftrack made such a sharp turn that it smacked all the men inside against the wall, as the vehicle narrowly dodged the explosion of the crashing yak-1. The halftrack grinded to a halt just a block away from the town hall, were Jorgen met a radioman from the 5th Regiment. The men had to shout in eachother’s ear just to understand eachother, as the gunfire around them was deafening.
“What’s the news?”
“WHAT?” The radioman looked up from his telephone confusedly
“WHATS THE NEWS?”
“OBERNKOMMANDANT, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE WEATHER IS” The man paused briefly as a massive explosion ripped a building across the street apart. “THIS IS A MILITARY RADIO, NOT A CIVILIAN ONE!”
“NO, YOU IDIOT, I MEAN FROM THE FRONT?”
“THE WONT?”
“THE FRONT! THE FRONT!” More gunfire sounded, while a Soviet tank suddenly appeared from around the corner, only to explode seconds later: A panzershreck had hit it in the rear, reducing the tank to a burning wreck. Another squadron of Yak-1’s flew overhead, chased by a bunch of Messerschmitts. Behind them, two destroyed Yak-1’s smacked into the ground, erupting into flaming comets sliding down the street. A group of Wehrmacht soldiers saw the wreck approaching and quickly dived out of the way.
“THE FRONT? OH, THE FRONT!” The radioman had got the idea.
“WE’VE GOT THE RUSSIANS POCKETED IN DIFFERENT BLOCKS. THERES HEAVY FIGHTING GOING ON NEAR THE TOWN HALL BEHIND THIS BUILDING. I’M NOT SURE WHATS GOING ON, IT’S LIKE THE ENTIRE BLOODY RED ARMY IS UP THERE!”
Two more explosions sounded as artillery ripped open two marble pillars flanking a National Bank, toppling the facade of the building onto the street.
“WHERE THE BLOODY HELL IS THAT ARTILLERY COMING FROM?” The radioman asked
“I HAVE NO IDEA! I DIDNT EVEN ORDER ARTILLERY. TELL THOSE IDIOTS TO STOP FIRING OUR ARTILLERY!”
The radioman yelled something into the radio and listened to the response
“ITS NOT OURS”
“WHAT?”

Last edited:
My grandpa used to say

When the big guns fire, it doesn't matter if they are ours or theirs. It's bad bussiness to be on the end of their way.

:D

It makes you wonder how many divisions where left...
Maybe only 1 and they just wanted to write a good update so they left out the screenshot :D

Ëven I'm not sure, I was surprised when I saw a 'USSR was annexed' message ;). Hell, after three years of war with Laurence I can imagine half Russia would be in ruins, and probably around 6 divisions left of what was once 300.

Edit by Laurence: What do you expect after blitzkrieging and bombing their forces all the way through Russia? :)

About the trailer, we're set for release. I've finally managed to get a good quality Youtube upload so that'll be the main link. Now we just wait for July 1st.

Also, come observe our Belgian Empire :D

-Vincent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.