• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, Catholic and CRC make sense. Not very plausible for Reformed or Protestant countries and Pope's influence (and Orthodox neither) and certainly not if the country is not Christian...

Reworked version:
Code:
#(1621) The Piarist Order
#by Blaster
event = {
	id = 338497
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			religion = catholic
			religion = counterreform
		}
	}
	random = no
	province = 399 #Roma
	name = "EVENTNAME338497" #The Piarist Order
	desc = "EVENTHIST338497"
	#-#

date = { day = 17 month = november year = 1621 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME338497A" #Educate our youth
		command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = 1 }
		command = { type = vp value = 25 }
	}
}
EVENTNAME338497;The Piarist Order;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST338497;St. Joseph was very moved by the misery of the poor children of Rome. Therefore, he opened a free school for them in 1597. This school, which was open to every child regardless of religion, is believed to be the world's first modern public elementary school. On March 25, 1617, with the permission of Pope Paul V, St. Joseph Calasanz and fourteen other men became the first members of a new religious congregation. On November 18, 1621, Pope Gregory XV raised the congregation to the rank of religious order under solemn vows, calling it The Order of the Pious Schools. During his lifetime the Piarists began to grow in great numbers and to found many schools.;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME338497A;Educate our youth;;;;;;;;;;

Shouldn't that innovative change be too much expecially for Papal States during a period of time where obscurantism was at its best? Maybe a little infra boost woud be better suited.

Originally Posted by Toio View Post
some events for Venice

#(1582) Venetian Guilds - historical
event = {
id = 326078
random = no
country = VEN
name = "EVENTNAME326078" #Venetian Guilds
desc = "EVENTHIST326078"
#-#In 1219, Venice had its first guild (Giustizia Vecia), the guild of tailors, this was followed by 52 more guilds in the next decade. The guilds where run by non-noble families responsible for issuing works in a chosen profession in the Veneto. By 1582, there where 163 Guild masters in the Veneto and Venice. In that same year, the Venetian senate being short of manpower for its galley fleet proposed a contract to the guild masters to supply men as per request by the state for a reduction of 30 percent income tax. The only other clause was that for every 7 men the guild hired to work at there profession, 1 had to be over 55 years of age and not used to be sent to the fleet. The religious interference component that all guilds of Europe seemed to be effected with was, restricted to the catholic church of San Biasio, which had the support of the Venetian nobles. This contract lasted till 1773.

date = { day = 15 month = july year = 1582 }
offset = 90
deathdate = { day = 10 month = january year = 1773 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME326078A" #yes to the deal
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 370 value = 1 }
command = { type = provincetax which = 370 value = -2 } #Veneto
command = { type = galleys which = -2 value = 10 }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME326078B" #No to the deal
command = { type = stability value = -2 } #higher taxes
command = { type = provincetax which = 370 value = 1 } #raising taxes
}
}

.................................................. ...................................

#(1703) Black Dresses - Historical Flavour
event = {
id = 326079
random = no
country = VEN
name = "EVENTNAME326079" #Black dresses
desc = "EVENTHIST326079"
#-#Noble Venetian women from the 14th Century where ordered to wear only black dresses with Silver of Gold trim to distinguish themselves from the populace. Women rarely ever heeded this law and went about purchasing local dresses from the silk makers of the Veneto or importing them from France or other parts of Italy. In 1703, the senate changed the law and forbid the use of black dresses to be worn by any women except for attending funerals of the family and also restricted the use of the black dress to last only one week.

date = { day = 10 month = january year = 1703 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME326079A" #Yes to colour
command = { type = trade value = 100 }
command = { }
}
}

any suggestions?

For the first event I would suggest a trigger testing not at war.

For the second event I would suggest to add these:
triggers: not at war ; stability more than -1
enddate: somewhere in 1723
offset: 90

new COT for tuscan area

#(1606-1795) Livorno: Porto franco, Free Port
event = {
id = 337835
trigger = {
owned = { province = 401 data = TOS } #Firenze
control = { province = 401 data = TOS } #Firenze
NOT = { cot = 403 } #Liguria
NOT = { cot = 401 } #Firenze
}
random = no
province = 401 #Firenze
name = "EVENTNAME337835" #Livorno: Porto franco, Free Port
desc = "EVENTHIST337835"
#-#In the late 1580s, Ferdinando I de Medici declared Livorno a "porto Franco", which meant that the goods traded here were duty free. The "Leggi Livornine" were laws which ruled between 1590 and 1603. These laws helped the trading activities of the merchant, freedom of religion and amnesty for some penance. Thanks to these laws, Livorno became a cosmopolitan city and one of the most important ports of the entire Mediterranean area. Many foreigners moved to Livorno, Armenians, Dutch, English, Greeks, and Jews, were among those who relocated to live and trade. Some Moriscos also moved to Livorno. On the 19th of March 1606, the Granduca di Toscana Ferdinando I de' Medici, in the Fortezza Vecchia Chapel of Saint Francis of Assisi elevated Livorno at the rank of city. During the Napoleonic Wars, trade with England was prohibited and the economy of Livorno suffered greatly.

date = { day = 18 month = march year = 1606 }
offset = 90
deathdate = { year = 1795 }

action_a = {
name = "GREAT"
command = { type = cot which = 401 } #Firenze
}
}

#(1607-1795) Closure of Livorno CoT
event = {
id = 337836
trigger = {
owned = { province = 401 data = SPA } #Firenze
control = { province = 401 data = SPA } #Firenze
}
random = no
province = 401 #Firenze
name = "EVENTNAME337836" #Closure of Livorno Centre of Trade
desc = "EVENTHIST337836"
#-#Ferdinando I de' Medici, Grand Duke of Tuscany, foreign policy, attempted to free Tuscany from Spanish domination. While Spain's interest was to direct all trade from northern Europe to Spanish ports and not Italian ports.

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1607 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 0 month = april year = 1795 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME337836A" #Livorno must not compete
command = { type = removecot which = 401 } #Firenze
command = { type = sleepevent which = 337835 }
command = { }
}
}

Will a random of yes work in this case?

Florenz/Firenze at that time historically had conquered several smaller citystates and became the Duchy of Tuscany. Shouldn´t the trigger include e.g.
countrysize=2 or
control/own of province 402 (Siena) in addition to 401?
Event 337833 in which Austria gains a CoT in Austria has a countrysize=8 trigger in comparison.

As your text mentions immigrants of jews and moriscos, orthodox armenians and dutch protestants should´t the event check how innovative/narrowminded the owner of 401 is at the time the event fires? e.g. too narrowminded and you don´t gain the CoT? And not counterreformed catholic?

Shouldn't that innovative change be too much expecially for Papal States during a period of time where obscurantism was at its best? Maybe a little infra boost woud be better suited.
Post #1697 amended.

Florenz/Firenze at that time historically had conquered several smaller citystates and became the Duchy of Tuscany. Shouldn´t the trigger include e.g.
countrysize=2 or
control/own of province 402 (Siena) in addition to 401?
Event 337833 in which Austria gains a CoT in Austria has a countrysize=8 trigger in comparison.

As your text mentions immigrants of jews and moriscos, orthodox armenians and dutch protestants should´t the event check how innovative/narrowminded the owner of 401 is at the time the event fires? e.g. too narrowminded and you don´t gain the CoT? And not counterreformed catholic?
Yes, I think countrysize = 2 could be enough. In a (next?) future we could add the owning of Pisa province... ;)

I agree with the inclusion of innovation test, let's say >=6?
I don't know about testing counterreform as the country could have this religion at least until after 1660s. But we may use it, I think.

Regarding my last post about testing Venetian COT, I changed my idea when noticing that Venice or Vienna should get the eastern area of Italy, while Genoa or Livorno should affect the sea trade of western Italy.

Concerning a possible COT on Trieste, what about then a HAB event to improve the port in Istria by building a shipyard? It would be Trieste, duty free Port or such.
The capital of Istria (368) is Pola, but I believe we could ignore it.

That event should only give a shipyard and a bit of naval and infra tech research; owning the COT in Vienna or testing corresponding event should be the trigger while 1720 could be used as starting date. Of course two options should be available.

.... During the Napoleonic Wars, trade with England was prohibited and the economy of Livorno suffered greatly. ...

Should that last sentence be in the description of the creation of the CoT? Because when the CoT is created economy certainly does not suffer and the Napoleonic Wars are far in the future at that point in time.

#(1607-1795) Closure of Livorno CoT
event = {
id = 337836
trigger = {
owned = { province = 401 data = SPA } #Firenze
control = { province = 401 data = SPA } #Firenze
}
random = no
province = 401 #Firenze
name = "EVENTNAME337836" #Closure of Livorno Centre of Trade
desc = "EVENTHIST337836"
#-#Ferdinando I de' Medici, Grand Duke of Tuscany, foreign policy, attempted to free Tuscany from Spanish domination. While Spain's interest was to direct all trade from northern Europe to Spanish ports and not Italian ports.

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1607 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 0 month = april year = 1795 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME337836A" #Livorno must not compete
command = { type = removecot which = 401 } #Firenze
command = { type = sleepevent which = 337835 }
command = { }
}
}

I noticed only now that the CoT removal event fires *only* for Spain. Is that intended that the Firenze CoT in any other case will last until the end of the game? Or should it not rather vanish under the same conditions as the Liguria/Genua CoT regardless who owns the province? Reading the description of the liguria removal event when the mediterranean trade becomes less important then Firenze´s CoT should share the same fate as Liguria - even if it´s not SPA who owns Firenze.

Code:
#(1540-1820) Decline of Liguria
event = {
	id = 337806
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			AND = {
				OR = {
					owned = { province = 403 data = ITA }
					owned = { province = 403 data = GEN }
				}
				countrysize = 12
			}
		}
	}
	random = no
	province = 403 #Liguria
	name = "EVENTNAME337806" #Decline of Liguria
	desc = "EVENTHIST337806"
	#-#With the reduced importance of Mediterranean trade, Genoa gradually lost its importance in international trade.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1540 }
	offset = 1800
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "ALAS"
		command = { type = merchants value = -2 }
		command = { type = removecot which = 403 } #Liguria
	}
}

Should that last sentence be in the description of the creation of the CoT? Because when the CoT is created economy certainly does not suffer and the Napoleonic Wars are far in the future at that point in time.

i think the livorno COT should close if FRA is a neighbour and after the year 1796

I noticed only now that the CoT removal event fires *only* for Spain. Is that intended that the Firenze CoT in any other case will last until the end of the game? Or should it not rather vanish under the same conditions as the Liguria/Genua CoT regardless who owns the province? Reading the description of the liguria removal event when the mediterranean trade becomes less important then Firenze´s CoT should share the same fate as Liguria - even if it´s not SPA who owns Firenze.

We only have a gaurantee that the COT will close if SPA own firenze, other italian nations as well as HAB would keep it going

Yes, I think countrysize = 2 could be enough. In a (next?) future we could add the owning of Pisa province... ;)

agree

I agree with the inclusion of innovation test, let's say >=6?
I don't know about testing counterreform as the country could have this religion at least until after 1660s. But we may use it, I think.

agree

Concerning a possible COT on Trieste, what about then a HAB event to improve the port in Istria by building a shipyard? It would be Trieste, duty free Port or such.
The capital of Istria (368) is Pola, but I believe we could ignore it.

only if HAB owns istria , during or after the reign of Leopold and VEN does not have a COT

For the first event I would suggest a trigger testing not at war.

I disagree , I think the trigger should be ATWAR=yes, the venetian senate would not need these men in peace

For the second event I would suggest to add these:
triggers: not at war ; stability more than -1
enddate: somewhere in 1723
offset: 90

i do not undersatand why you want a deathdate
or stab trigger

OK, maybe atwar=NO could make sense.............hard to get supply

I disagree , I think the trigger should be ATWAR=yes, the venetian senate would not need these men in peace
Ok, then.

Toio said:
i do not undersatand why you want a deathdate
or stab trigger

OK, maybe atwar=NO could make sense.............hard to get supply
IIRC, this is because Yodamaster said a few years ago that an event with start/end date is preferable due to possible stability issues in eu2 engine or something like that... :confused:

A stab trigger is just because only a government with a certain stability (more than -1 in this case) wastes time with this sort of things instead of implementing/investing/developing... ;)

IIRC, this is because Yodamaster said a few years ago that an event with start/end date is preferable due to possible stability issues in eu2 engine or something like that... :confused:

A stab trigger is just because only a government with a certain stability (more than -1 in this case) wastes time with this sort of things instead of implementing/investing/developing... ;)

Making and supply of clothing has nothing to do with the government , it was up to the guilds. they would not care on instability levels

moved post 1676 to below and amended

#(1582) Venetian Guilds - historical
event = {
id = 326078
trigger = {
atwar = yes
}
random = no
country = VEN
name = "EVENTNAME326078" #Venetian Guilds
desc = "EVENTHIST326078"
#-#In 1219, Venice had its first guild (Justitia Vecia), the guild of tailors, this was followed by 52 more guilds in the next decade. The guilds where run by non-noble families responsible for issuing works in a chosen profession in the Veneto. By 1582, there where 163 Guild masters in the Veneto and Venice. In that same year, the Venetian senate being short of manpower for its galley fleet proposed a contract to the guild masters to supply men as per request by the state for a reduction of 30 percent income tax. The only other clause was that for every 7 men the guild hired to work at their profession, 1 worker had to be over 55 years of age and not used for the fleet. The religious interference component that all guilds of Europe seemed to be effected with was, restricted to the catholic church of San Biasio, which had the support of the Venetian nobles. This contract lasted till 1773.

date = { day = 15 month = july year = 1582 }
offset = 90
deathdate = { day = 10 month = january year = 1773 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME326078A" #yes to the deal
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 370 value = 1 }
command = { type = provincetax which = 370 value = -2 } #Veneto
command = { type = galleys which = -2 value = 10 }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME326078B" #No to the deal
command = { type = stability value = -2 } #higher taxes
command = { type = provincetax which = 370 value = 1 } #raising taxes
}
}

.................................................. ...................................

#(1703) Black Dresses - Historical Flavour
event = {
id = 326079
trigger = {
stability = -1
}
random = no
country = VEN
name = "EVENTNAME326079" #Black dresses
desc = "EVENTHIST326079"
#-#Noble Venetian women from the 14th Century where ordered to wear only black dresses with Silver of Gold trim to distinguish themselves from the populace. Women rarely ever heeded this law and went about purchasing local dresses from the silk makers of the Veneto or importing them from France or other parts of Italy. In 1703, the senate changed the law and forbid the use of black dresses to be worn by any women except for attending funerals of the family and also restricted the use of the black dress to last only one week.

date = { day = 10 month = january year = 1703 }
offset = 90
deathdate = { day = 10 month = may year = 1797 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME326079A" #Yes to colour
command = { type = trade value = 100 }
command = { }
}
}

.................................................. .........................................

#(1718) Venice's Greek populace - partly historical
event = {
id = 326080
trigger = {
control = { province = 820 data = VEN } #corfu
owned = { province = 820 data = VEN } #corfu
NOT = {
control = { province = 480 data = VEN } #Crete
owned = { province = 480 data = VEN } #Crete
}
NOT = {
control = { province = 479 data = VEN } #Ionia
owned = { province = 479 data = VEN } #Ionia
}
NOT = {
control = { province = 484 data = VEN } #Cyprus
owned = { province = 484 data = VEN } #Cyprus
}
NOT = {
control = { province = 359 data = VEN } #Hellas
owned = { province = 359 data = VEN } #Hellas
}
NOT = {
control = { province = 360 data = VEN } #Morea
owned = { province = 360 data = VEN } #Morea
}
}

random = no
country = VEN
name = "EVENTNAME326080" #Venetian Greeks
desc = "EVENTHIST326080"
#-#By 1718 having lost the Morea for the second time as well as Crete 50 years earlier, the Venetians had no more Greek militia to use except for the Greeks of Corfu and the Ionian islands. These Greeks where barely enough to defend their islands and where always propped up by the Venetian military. Venice now only had its Dalmatian militia as well as the expensive hire of German or Dutch mercenaries left.

date = { day = 5 month = august year = 1718 }
offset = 90

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME326080A" #Loss of the Greeks
command = { type = remove_countryculture which = greek }
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 820 value = -2 }#Corfu
}
}

Last edited:
new event

#(1700) Barnabotti - historical
event = {
id = 326081
trigger = {
NOT = { countrysize = 10 }
}
random = no
country = VEN
name = "EVENTNAME326081" #Venetian Patricians
desc = "EVENTHIST326081"
#-#In 1646 and 1684, 70 and 48 new families respectively paid to be registered in the Golden book of Venetian nobles and obtain a vote in the council. Of these new families many by 1700 had fallen to desperate financial problems. This condition of fallen nobility was termed Barnabotti due to these nobles meeting in the area of Campo San Barnaba. Barnabotti who, despite having lost many of their financial resources, continued to maintain the right to sit on the Greater Council, continued to vote in the assembly and decided the fate of the city and the state. Clothing and food for the Barnabotti was provided by the state. The barnabotti had frequent conflicts with the remaining body of the wealthy nobility, but at the same time, because of their lack of economic means, sold their votes and this caused certain unwanted nobles to achieve certain positions of power. In 1740, Doge Alvise Pisani tried to amend the voting regulations of the Nobles, remove the votes of the barnabotti and amend the constitution but was outvoted by the Venetian council.

date = { day = 19 month = april year = 1700 }
offset = 120

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME326081A" #support the poor nobles
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 6 value = 7 } #initial issues
command = { type = provincetax which = 370 value = -2 } #no tax from the barnabotti
command = { type = treasury value = -500 } #supplement the poor nobles
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME326081B" #No support for the poor nobles
command = { type = stability value = -6 } #change of constitution
command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 370 value = 2 }
}
}

thoughts or amendments welcomed

Making and supply of clothing has nothing to do with the government , it was up to the guilds. they would not care on instability levels
I am talking about the black dresses event which is flavour. In seeing how other flavour events were written, ie musicians and such, testing stability is a trigger condition generally used.

I am talking about the black dresses event which is flavour. In seeing how other flavour events were written, ie musicians and such, testing stability is a trigger condition generally used.

yes , I know..........if you think we need to add a stab trigger because the rest have it, then ok.

I still find it weird that these flavour events have any triggers.

yes , I know..........if you think we need to add a stab trigger because the rest have it, then ok.

I still find it weird that these flavour events have any triggers.

It could be justified by saying that a -3 stability, civil unrest and poverty the woman would rather care for food and shelter than for fancy clothing. Perhaps woman back then were wiser than nowadays.

It could be justified by saying that a -3 stability, civil unrest and poverty the woman would rather care for food and shelter than for fancy clothing. Perhaps woman back then were wiser than nowadays.

post 1715 amended