• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Insubordination (3)

The war with Mapuche, and more importantly the dissidents of Quebec, in the 1760's went as planned. Mapuche paid 1700 ducats to remain vaguely independent. Quebec was prepared for an invasion, since it had already been in a war with a coalition that included Brabant and Brittany, who tried to invade the country, in vain.

In 1768, Quebec was finished in a few decisive battles in the summer of 1768.
EU3_172.jpg
EU3_173.jpg
EU3_176.jpg

The peace was signed in 1769.
EU3_180.jpg

Because of a conflict between Iceland and Wurzburg (flanked by emperor Austria) (and I had some badboy to sit out), it would take ten years before more ground could be retaken in a peace from Quebec.
EU3_198.jpg

The last annexation was made in 1779:
EU3_201.jpg

The war with Austria lasted until 1781. Some interesting battles indicate that Vinland was on the good end of the technology race and had more than adequate generals in the army, compared to its opponent -although not all battles were won.Many historians believe that the numbers of more than 20000 Austrians being killed to only a few dozen of Vinland are gravely exagerated.

EU3_205.jpg
EU3_200.jpg

EU3_189.jpg

Last edited:
Who owns the Balearic Islands?

That's Catalunya, I suppose they had a core there. I haven't followed European politics during long years of conquest of America, probably they had some trouble there with revolters. Portugal owned it, inheriting Aragon I think. Maybe it was even one of my own peace treaties that forced them to release both Aragon and Catalunya.

Here's a map of 1784, if you think something is missing on the map, that's owned by Hawaï Ríki, since they are in white.
The green in South America is Mapuche, they keep paying me 1500 for a peace treaty, and they are still heathens, which is easy to DoW.

With this, I'm entirely back where I left the game. Time for another playing session. Half a century to go. For some reason, I'm thinking about a nice flag for Yorvik ...

EU3_MAP_VIN_178411_1-1.jpg

World is surely divided into empires!
But how long shall they survive the coming onslaught...

Another fun thing to notice is the whereabouts of France...

How about this?

yorkflaguo2.png

The last King of York was Erik Bloodaxe.

I used your flag, I modded a few things and created the right event.

I have a dark blue feeling the next president of Vinland will hear a little bird wistling something in his ear about slaughtering half of Britain in order to claim Jorvik.

The Age of Domination (1)

The League's ships have explored much of the world, and with diplomats residing at any mayor court around the world, the Vinlandic republic had a pretty good idea of the political state of the world.

EU3_MAP_VIN_1785330_1.jpg

President Njall Leifsson got up one morning in September, deciding to suggest to the parliament to launch an attack on Britain. Its recent war in Asia has made it possessions in Europe extremely vulnerable.
The Hawks agreed and got the upperhand in the debate. On the 10th of September war was declared on Sokoto (a mayor African player) and Great Britain. Brunei, The Mamluks and a few smaller nations joined the defending side.

There were a few regions of interest as Vinland took the war to the opponent. Firstly Britain and Ireland, where Connaught rebels were already present.
Secondly British Australia, and thirdly the British shores of the Gulf of Bengal and Brunei.
Sokoto controlled much of the African continent south of Morocco.

Before winter the only action was taking place in South East Asia.
EU3_3-4.jpg

After winter, Castille made a very interesting decision.
EU3_4-1.jpg

(red provinces belong to Sokoto, ally of Great Britain.)

Their provinces in Europe were seriously empoverished after 20 years of war with European minor powers, in which Castille was unable to make any serious attempt at defending Iberia.
The move to Johannesburg meant that Iceland's aspirations of extending its Iberian territory were enflamed. War was declared by the League and in no time Iberia was virtually under Icelandic control.

In the years to come Vinland would try to take full control over the South African region, to force Castille to hand over Iberia, and to raise pressure on Sokoto.

In 1787 Ireland was vinlandic, but no effort was made to keep that control away from the rebels.
EU3_6-2.jpg

Britain was almost defenceless, and a cavalry army of 20000 men smashed any attempt of forming an army. The island was gradually taken over. A bonus to holding the island was that all revenues of the British manufacturies were looted and were invested in the Vinlandic economy.
In Malaya, King Henry IX had assembled his vast army that was previously fighting the Thai. His only setback was that his fleet was defeated in the Straits of Johor and there was no possibility to cross the straits, or even ship the troops to any other war zone in fact. The result was a massive outbreak of dissentry.
The symptoms varied from mild to very severe attacks. Acute diarrhoea and nausea were experienced and perforation of the intestine and haemorrhage of the gut, which caused the most intense pain. Dysentery literally strips the lining from the stomach and patients suffer from a constant fierce gnawing ache from their lacerated insides and very little can be done to alleviate the terrible pain. Rice water was usually administered.

050223_E_histolytica_300.jpg

Amoebic Dysentery is a deadly form and Thailand is reputed to be the most heavily amoeba-infested country in the world,

British manpower shrank rapidly, and a revival of their war effort was lost in Henry's failure to handle a huge army in a tropical climate.
EU3_17-2.jpg

EU3_24-2.jpg

EU3_28-1.jpg

Wermund Sverresson was elected president in 1792 and decided to stay in the war as long as the benifits of English industry were beneficial (war exhaustion was still less than 1)
In that same election year general Aksel Torhils had brought African Castille to its knees with his cavalry army (shipped over from Kent). Together with 45000 foot soldiers the cape was subdued. Both Vinlandic and Castillian sources confirm many losses on the Castillian side, but only the latter (and spy reports from Sokoto make notice of half of the Vinlandic infantry being annihilated after several failed assaults.
EU3_45-1.jpg

President elect of 1796, Wermund Eriksson, decided to end the war with the British and take the winnings.
After Australian defences gave way, the British had lost on two of the three fronts.
EU3_54-2.jpg

Connaught had taken half of Ireland and Queen Anne III, morning over her late uncle Henry accepted peace, giving up a quarter of her home country.
EU3_55-1.jpg

Control was handed over to a new Jarl (Duke) ...
EU3_57-1.jpg

(last line is just outside the parchment, it says: "... that Jorvik has, and reinstate our claims.")

The world on the brink of the 19th century was looking quite Scandinavian...
EU3_58.jpg

EU3_59.jpg

EU3_MAP_VIN_1798814_1.jpg

OOC
I'm starting war with some heathen ally of Britain immediately, taking some more for Jorvik.
Right now, I have like 14-15 years of play left. Any bright plans (apart from taking on Sweden, they're the same culture group, they're good guys.)
A. I could have a crack at the Golden Horde, marching from Flótlandic Kamchatka, through Siberia beyond the Urals.
B. I could 'liberate' Viking Sicily/southern Italy (once Normandic)
C. I could make a push through Switzerland, attacking Austria, but that would be less fun, since we had some minor skirmishes with them they lost the emperor title, which has gone form minor to minor in the last 40 years.
D. I could try and take the Holy cities
E. I could build find a few mates to play cards with while I let the game build manufacturies for 15 years (*cough*)
F. Best offer

Last edited:
I say extend the game play with a century or two.
Shouldn't be hard modding that.

quite easy in fact, but is that really what I/we want?
I'm quite bored with the game actually. It s the first game èver of EU1-2-3 that I am about to finish, I came close with just one other, and that was the predecessor, the first Vinland AAR I made.

*I'm planning of making a few maps, just to finish the whole thing, wrap it up a bit, Normandy, Iceland, Jorvik, the America's. any other requests?

D!!!! Make the last crusade the VIKING CRUSADE!!! :D:D:D

*D: Holy cities ----- 1 vote (strong vote with 7 exclamation marks ;))
*F: Extend the game by a century or two ----- 1 vote (not really keen on this I should say :p)

Actually, a Vinlandic general could always seize power and declare himself emperor of Vinland :D

Norvolan Bonavarttsson? :D