• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For the main city of a province, we use the location that was the most important at this time. The name is the one that was used at this time too.

In this case better use Wasa for 1648 setup and Korsholm before, right?

Right. :)
fine with me

and culture????

You'd have to ask someone else about that. Swedish speakers have had a big influence in that part of Finland for centuries, but if they were populous enough to constitute the majority I don't know.

IMO , plus reading net info , I see that

Lapland and vasterbottem to remain as ugric (sami's) and scandinavian respectively throughout the GC game

Osterbotten should start
1419 - Scandinavian

then when Muscovy takes Karelia (#1470) then the mass migration of catholic karelians from osterbotten should change the culture of osterbotten to Ugric

then in 1606, osterbotten should go back to Scandinavian culture until the mid 19th century

Propose the two needed events.

Code:
#(1419-1605 ) Migration from karelia
event = {
	id = 291038
	trigger = {
		OR = {
		owned = { province = 1470 data = MOS } #Karelia
                owned = { province = 1470 data = RUS } #Karelia
		}
                }
	random = no
	country = SWE
	name = "EVENTNAME291038" #Migration from karelia
	desc = "EVENTHIST291038"
	#-#Since the 13th century the Karelians have lived in the tension between the East and the West, between Eastern Orthodoxy and Western Catholicism. During this century, the Swedish crown established Korsholm as the administrative centre of Osterbotten and Swedish became the main culture of the region. During the early 15th century large parts of the inland Osterbotten were colonized by Finnish settlers who arrived from Karelia due to the religious persecution by the Russians and the Orthodox church.

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1419 }
	offset = 90
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1605 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME291038A" #Accept the Karelians
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 263 value = ugric } #osterbotten
		command = { }
	}
}

Code:
#(1606-1820 ) Swedish migrate for trade
event = {
	id = 291039
	trigger = {
		OR = {
		owned = { province = 263 data = SWE } #Osterbotten
                control = { province = 263 data = SWE } #Osterbotten
		}
                }
	random = no
	country = SWE
	name = "EVENTNAME291039" #Swedish migration 
	desc = "EVENTHIST291039"
	#-#Korsholm has a history that can be dated back to 1348. Thanks to the sea connections with Stockholm, ship building and trade became the main export, Osterbotten flourished and attracted Swedish migration. On October 2, 1606 during  the reign of Charles IX of Sweden the town was grated city status and renamed to Vaasa, the new capital of the area was near the old harbour and trade point close to the Korsholm church. In 1611 the city was chartered and renamed after the Royal House of Vasa. The municipality since the Karelian migration was bilingual, with a majority from 17th century,  being Swedish and a minority being Finnish speakers. Religiously by 1606, both Swedes and Finns in Osterbotten had the same religion.

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1606 }
	offset = 90
	deathdate = { day = 0 month = april year = 1819 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME291039A" #Colonize and arm
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 263 value = scandinavian } #osterbotten
		command = { }
	}
}

In the first event, osterbotten should be owned by Sweden. In the first event, what about other Russian minors that don't have Ugric culture?

Second event will always fire if osterbotten is owned by Sweden but with no effect if first one never fired. Is it intended?
Why April 1819 for the deathdate and not year = 1820?

In the first event, osterbotten should be owned by Sweden. In the first event, what about other Russian minors that don't have Ugric culture?

Forgot to mention that the 1419 Gc setuop should change osterbotten to scandinavian culture.

not really, the migration happened anyway to osterbotten, BUT i will make the change.................in testing, the latest date was 1471 and that was because Sweden owned Karelia

Other russian minors had no issue in regards to the Karelians

Second event will always fire if osterbotten is owned by Sweden but with no effect if first one never fired. Is it intended?

yes

City name change as agreed will start in the 1648 setup

Why April 1819 for the deathdate and not year = 1820?

do not know, maybe I read something and i forgot about it :D

Other russian minors had no issue in regards to the Karelians

When it was a migration of *catholic* Karelians as you wrote in your earlier post would it make sense that the migration happens only for MOS/RUS? Or shouldn´t it happen for any orthodox nation that has conquered the province?

When it was a migration of *catholic* Karelians as you wrote in your earlier post would it make sense that the migration happens only for MOS/RUS? Or shouldn´t it happen for any orthodox nation that has conquered the province?

As far as i read about it, NOV was very tolerant , especially since she ahd a link with the hansetic league

unsure why we still deny sweden , baltic culture

#(1681) The Great Reduction of Charles XI
event = {
id = 3243
random = no
country = SWE
name = "EVENTNAME3243" #The Great Reduction
desc = "EVENTHIST3243"
#-#The Swedish Kings of the 16th and 17th centuries alternated between acceptance and dislike of the nobility. In Gustav Vasa's time there was little difference between a rich farmer and a nobleman, but the situation changed towards the end of his life. Erik XIV kept the nobles on a short leash whereas his brother John wanted to expand their privileges. The third brother, who was to become Charles IX, hated the nobility with an almost revolutionary fervor and surrounded himself with men of the lower classes, toying with ideas that were unheard of in his time. Under Gustavus Adolphus and Axel Oxenstierna the pendulum swung the other way and the nobles gained both land and power. This tendency took an abrupt end with Charles XI, who after the humiliating defeat of Sweden in 1679 commenced a policy of wide scale reductions of the lands and powers of the nobility and abolished the special privileges of the Baltic lords.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1681 }
offset = 360
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1681 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3243A" #Time of reckoning for the lords
command = { type = stability value = -3 }
command = { type = revolt which = -1 }
command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = -2 }
command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
command = { type = provincetax which = -2 value = 3 }
command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = 2 }
#No more special privileges for the Baltic nobles
command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = -1 }
#command = { type = add_countryculture which = baltic } removed as in Paradox beta.
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3243B" #Bargain with the lords
command = { type = stability value = 3 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 48 value = 4 }
command = { type = treasury value = 1000 }
command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 5000 }
command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 10000 }
command = { type = artillery which = -2 value = 30 }
command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -1 }
}
}

The king had seen bitter resentment from the Scanian peasants during the Scanian War and was particularly tough on that province. The guerrilla Snapphane-movement, in northern Scania, had attacked his soldiers and stolen his money. They had also enjoyed a strong support in local villages. Charles remained sceptical about the Scanian inhabitants, throughout his life. He did not allow soldiers from Scania in his regiment: the 1,200 solders that were to be stationed in Scania had to be recruited from more northern provinces. He also advocated rough treatment of the inhabitants, and the first Governor-General of Scania, his trusted aid Johan Gyllenstierna (governor-general 1679-1680) was notably fierce in his treatment of the locals; it became more lenient with Rutger von Ascheberg (governor-general 1680-1693) [33][34]

The assimilation was not as strongly implemented on the German dominions of (Swedish Pomerania, the Archdiocese of Bremen and Verden) and the Balticum (Estonia and Livonia). In Germany, he found himself being opposed by the estates there, and he was also bound by the law of the German emperor and the peace treaty. In Balticum, the power structure was completely different, with a German-descending nobility that used serfs, something that Charles strongly resented and wanted to abolish but was unable to.

Balticum - geographic term used in several languages, including Scandinavian and German, which usually denotes the territory corresponding to modern Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. In some contexts, the term Balticum includes the historically or culturally German-dominated lands, or provinces, of Estonia, Livonia, Courland and Latgale (corresponding to modern Estonia and Latvia), as well as sometimes East Prussia,

the way I understood it, he did not implement swedish culture into the german areas, but accepted ( and they accepted him) the historic system.

my changes in red

note........change baltic culture to BALTICUM culture ( window dressing)

I agree with you; I always remove that "#" when I play as Sweden. :D

But then again I have made an event that makes Sweden lose the Baltic culture whenever they do not own the Baltic provinces, maybe you should add something similar? (And add trigger of Sweden owning those provinces to begin with).

Though there must be a good reason why AGCEEP chose to remove it to start with - a bit too overpowering perhaps?

I agree with Garbon.

Is there a chance for Sweden to lose the culture afterwards then?

ok, on no culture renaming

baltic culture loss for sweden...........i found nothing except

peace was not concluded till August 30, 1725 and then only under the direst pressure. By the Treaty of Nystad Sweden ceded to Russia Ingria and Estonia, Livonia, the Finnish province of Kexholm and Viborg Castle

this is when sweden lost all its baltic possessions

What about just having an event that triggers whenever Sweden does not own or control those Baltic provinces?

This is my home made event: [EDIT: Changed the event to comply with your wishes]

Code:
# (1717 - 1820) The loss of the Baltic Provinces
event = { 
	id = 291040
	trigger = {
		event = 3243 #The Great Reduction of Charles XI#
		NOT = { 
			control = { province = 276 data = SWE } #Estland
			control = { province = 282 data = SWE } #Livland
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = SWE
	name = "EVENTHIST291040" #The loss of the Baltic Provinces
	desc = "EVENTHIST291040"
	#-#Our claim on the Baltics is in question since we no longer control the provinces of Estonia and Livonia. The nobelmen and burghers of the bigger cities are refusing to cooperate with our officials and are negociating with neighboring kings, asking for their protection.

style = 4
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1717 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = february year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME291040" #Yes, We will focus our attention elsewhere
		command = { type = remove_countryculture which = baltic }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = removecore which = 276 } #Estland
		command = { type = removecore which = 281 } #Polotsk
		command = { type = removecore which = 282 } #Livland
		command = { type = removecore which = 283 } #Kurland
	}
}

Though I don't know how to proceed from here on, and the eventdescription is quite.... bad to be honest, so if someone could help me out I would be greatly appreciative. :)

I also don't have EU2 installed on my computer, so if someone else could check it isn't faulty I'll give you a cookie.

Edit2: Added appropriate ID and amended according to Yoda's objections.

Last edited:
What about just having an event that triggers whenever Sweden does not own or control those Baltic provinces?

This is my home made event:

#The loss of the Baltic Provinces
event = {
id = xxx
trigger = {
event = 3243 #The Great Reduction of Charles XI#
NOT = {
control = { province = 276 data = SWE } #Estland
control = { province = 282 data = SWE } #Livland
}
}
random = no
country = SWE
name = "The loss of the Baltic Provinces"
desc = "Sire! Our loose claim on the Baltics is in question since we no longer control the provinces of Estonia and Livonia. The Nobelmen and Burghers of the bigger cities are refusing to cooperate with our officials and are negociating with neighbouring kings asking for their protection. What will be our course of action?"
style = 4
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1717 }
offset = 1
deathdate = { day = 13 month = february year = 1771 }

action_a = {
name = "Yes, We will focus our attention elsewhere"
command = { type = remove_countryculture which = baltic }
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
command = { type = removecore which = 276 } #Estland
command = { type = removecore which = 282 } #Livland
command = { type = removecore which = 283 } #Kurland
#command = { type = relation which = RUS value = 200 }
#command = { type = relation which = POL value = 200 }
#command = { type = relation which = KUR value = 200 }
#command = { type = infra value = 200 } #The realm is not as stretched-out as before
#command = { type = badboy value = -3 }
}

action_b = {
name = "Officially announce our ambition to hold on to the Baltics"
command = { type = stability value = -2 }
command = { type = badboy value = 3 }
#command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -3 }
#command = { type = fortress which = 276 value = 1 }
#command = { type = fortress which = 282 value = 1 }
#command = { type = fortress which = 283 value = 1 }
}
}

there should never be a choice as a human will always choose b.

Its enough that the human can avoid the loss of culture by maintaining a hold on estland and livland

Remove action B

It was actually only meant as an example, but if you think the rest is ok, maybe I should propose it? (If Toio's change in the original event is accepted, of course)

So Sweden already has ugric and now gets baltic also? Does Denmark get german then, like they do in vanilla?