• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But this is already ensured by the Hans (0131503) condition and because 0131503 can't be woken if Sten is not slept in 291005. The sleep Sten command is really useless in 291008 action_b.

ok

And for 291008 to be complete, we need another dormant Sten monarch to be woken in action_a (including your last modifications):

ok

Code:
#(1501-1513) Hans defeated in Ditmarsken
event = {
	id = 291008
	trigger = {
		vassal = { country = DAN country = SWE }
		monarch = 0131503 #Hans
		OR = {
			event = 159019 #DAN: The defeat at Ditmarsken -I-
			event = 159020 #DAN: The defeat at Ditmarsken -II-
			event = 159021 #DAN: The gift to Frederik
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = SWE
	name = "EVENTNAME291008" #Hans defeated in Ditmarsken
	desc = "EVENTHIST291008"
	#-#

date = { day = 9 month = august year = 1501 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1513 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME291008A" #Sweden shall be independent
		command = { type = breakvassal which = DAN }
		[COLOR="Yellow"]command = { type = wakemonarch which = 0131541 } #Sten Sture den äldre[/COLOR]
		command = { type = relation which = DAN value = -200 }
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 257 value = 3 } #Bergslagen
		command = { type = trigger which = 159022 } #DAN: Sweden declares itself independent
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME291008B" #Remain loyal to Hans
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = -1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 1 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 254 } #Svealand
		command = { type = revolt which = -1 }
		command = { type = revolt which = -1 }
		[COLOR="Red"]command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 0131509 } #Sten Sture den äldre[/COLOR]
	}
}
#-#In 1501 the Danish army suffered a massive defeat at the hands of a peasant army in Ditmarsken. This gave the Swedish nobles renewed hope of a independent Sweden. Sten Sture den äldre (the elder) siezed the moment and gathered the nobles to rally them against King Hans. The nobles agreed that time had, come for a independent Sweden and wrote a letter of independence to King Hans. Following that they seiged the castle at Stockholm where the Danish Queen Christine currently resided. Christine kept the Swedish army at bay with a 1000 men for about seven month before she was forced to surrender.

fine

NOTE: i forgot deathdate........it should be 19 July 1504

New dormant monarch:
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 0131541 }
	startdate = {
		day = 9
		month = august
		year = 1501
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 20
		month = july
		year = 1504
	}
	name = "Sten Sture den äldre"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 6
	ADM = 5
	dormant = yes
}

fine

But can Hans stay on the Swedish throne if Sweden becomes independent? See my proposal above.

The whole point of swedish independence was not to have a danish monarch (Hans or anyone else) , so its illogical to have this.

NOTE: i forgot deathdate........it should be 19 July 1504
amended

The whole point of swedish independence was not to have a danish monarch (Hans or anyone else) , so its illogical to have this.
SWE_291008 in post #760 should be fine now then.

Last edited:
Right but, in this particular case, cores could just give a CB to Denmark or Norway against any other country trying to colonize Greenland.

That's why I proposed to split the event. IMHO, we don't need to push Denmark in an early ahistorical colonization. Cores can be granted as soon as possible after 1585 but effects of the colonization could wait for AI Denmark to be able to do it (ie. not before 1670 with current AI files).

I think that the chance that Denmark or Norway realisticaly fighting anybody over Greenland is nil. Without any actual colonization or even TPs then I see no value to 52100 as is. Perhaps it should be re-dated and not split to coincide with the 1670 AI if y'all don't want any early colonization efforts screwing up North America. OTOH, I can see how Denmark might actually try and colonize North America once it realizes what's actually there after re-settling Greenland. And that might actually be kind of fun.

I guess it really comes down to how often you think 52100 is going to fire at all. Since Denmark doesn't have any navigators of its own, it's going to need to defeat somebody at sea that knows about Greenland, which is not going to be easy early on, but more likely once you get into the mid-1600s.

Considering this is incredibly ahistoric I'm not wedded to the whole concept, especially in regard to dating.

What do you propose then, if early colonization and a new ahistorical AI file are unwanted?

Don't forget a player could maybe have a chance to discover and colonize long before 1670 and be ready in 1585.

Ok, it seems that I was totally in my own little dimension about early Danish/Norwegian colonization of Greenland.:confused: Dunno what I was thinking, but, upon re-review of 25100 and its Norwegian equivalent, I think that the trigger for it ought to be changed to knowledge of 1537 and 1538 rather than ownership. And forget about any cores before Egede arrives in 25102; they should be added to that event.

So no early colonists or AI changes.

For a long time I’ve had questions about event 3754

Here’s how it reads now:

#(1629-1635) The Threat to Protestantism in Germany
event = {
id = 3754
trigger = {
OR = {
religion = protestant
religion = reformed
}
event = 3196 #HAB: The Edict of Restitution
}
random = no
country = SWE
name = "EVENTNAME3754" #The Threat to Protestantism in Germany
desc = "EVENTHIST3754"
#-#The victories of the Catholic League led by Maximilian of Bavaria against the German Protestant princes and the King of Denmark, who unsuccessfully supported the Lutheran rulers, persuaded Emperor Ferdinand II to issue the Edict of Restitution with the intention to take back the Lutheran holdings that were, according to the Peace of Augsburg, rightfully the possession of the Catholic Church. So this brief document purported to do no more than enforce the terms of the Peace of Augsburg. However, the interpretation put on that document was that which had been urged by partisans of Catholicism. Thus it became the source of outrage for King Gustav II Adolphus of Sweden (the Lion of the North) who, like Christian IV before him, came to aid the German Lutherans to forestall Catholic aggression against their homeland and to obtain economic influence in the German states around the Baltic Sea which were being threatened by the growing influence of the imperial authority.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1629 }
offset = 25
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1635 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3754A" #Make it our cause
command = { type = casusbelli which = HAB value = 60 }
command = { type = casusbelli which = BAY value = 36 }
command = { type = addcore which = 336 } #Bremen
command = { type = addcore which = 304 } #Vorpommern
command = { type = relation which = HOL value = 150 }
command = { type = relation which = DAN value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = BRA value = 150 }
command = { type = relation which = HAN value = 150 }
command = { type = relation which = HES value = 150 }
command = { type = relation which = PFA value = 150 }
command = { type = relation which = SAC value = 150 }
#command = { type = relation which = THU value = 150 } #Bayreuth
command = { type = relation which = SHL value = 150 }
command = { type = relation which = KLE value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = KOL value = -150 }
command = { type = relation which = BAY value = -150 }
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -150 }
command = { type = relation which = SPA value = -150 }
command = { type = relation which = HAB value = -150 }
command = { type = stability value = -1 }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3754B" #Don't mess around in Germany
command = { type = relation which = HOL value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = DAN value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = BRA value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = HAN value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = HES value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = PFA value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = SAC value = -50 }
#command = { type = relation which = THU value = -50 } #Bayreuth
command = { type = relation which = SHL value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = KLE value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = KOL value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = BAY value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = SPA value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 100 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 12062 } #FRA: French Encirclement by the Habsburgs
}
}

Here are some of my problems/thoughts with this event—not in order.

>It seems to me that the positive changes in diplomatic relations by selection of the “B option” is very unrealistic given the depths of religious hatred that existed in those days.

>It is my understanding that Oxenstierna had very strongly argued against intervention in Germany, and that Sigismund of Poland—rival claimant to the Swedish throne—was in far greater need of being curbed instead. What if Gustavus had listened?

>Bremen was certainly not a priority war objective of the Swedes—during peace negotiations they placed far more emphasis on Hinter-Pommern, Silesia or even Mainz. They settled on Bremen as a poor second. Given the importance placed on the German ports of the western Baltic, and the game-map, I think that Mecklenburg is more realistic as a core than Bremen.

>Given that Sweden very nearly declared war in 1623-24 at the urging of England and other Protestant powers, and was greatly alarmed by Wallenstein’s power-grab in Mecklenburg in 1628, I think that an earlier firing date for the event is appropriate especially given the attention paid by Sweden to the German ports of the western Baltic.

Given the foregoing, I offer the following:

[be gentle--the first event I’ve ever fooled with]

#(1620-1635) The Threat to Swedish Protestantism
event = {
id = 3754
trigger = {
OR = {
religion = protestant
religion = reformed
}
OR = {
control = { province = 310 data = HAB } #Hanover
control = { province = 311 data = HAB } #Madgeburg
control = { province = 336 data = HAB } #Bremen
}
random = no
country = SWE
name = "EVENTNAME3754" #The Threat to Swedish Protestantism
desc = "EVENTHIST3754"
#-#The growing influence of Hapsburg authority in northern Germany, together with the accompanying expansion of the reach of the Counter-Reformation, caused Sweden to fear Catholic aggression against their homeland. Swedish security depended on the German ports of the western Baltic which could not be allowed to fall into hostile hands. The victories of the Catholic League led by Maximilian of Bavaria against the German Protestant princes and the King of Denmark, who unsuccessfully supported the Lutheran rulers, persuaded Emperor Ferdinand II to issue the Edict of Restitution which purported to do no more than enforce the terms of the Peace of Augsburg. But the interpretations put on that document were urged by partisans of Catholicism with intent to take back Lutheran holdings. Thus it became yet another source of outrage for King Gustav II Adolphus of Sweden (the Lion of the North) who, like Christian IV before him, thinks to aid the German Lutherans. On the other hand, Sigismund of Poland remains a dangerous rival…

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1620 }
offset = 25
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1635 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3754A" #March on Vienna!
command = { type = casusbelli which = HAB value = 60 }
command = { type = casusbelli which = BAY value = 36 }
command = { type = addcore which = 305 } #Mecklenburg
command = { type = addcore which = 304 } #Vorpommern
command = { type = relation which = HOL value = 150 }
command = { type = relation which = DAN value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = BRA value = 150 }
command = { type = relation which = HAN value = 150 }
command = { type = relation which = HES value = 150 }
command = { type = relation which = PFA value = 150 }
command = { type = relation which = SAC value = 150 }
#command = { type = relation which = THU value = 150 } #Bayreuth
command = { type = relation which = SHL value = 150 }
command = { type = relation which = KLE value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = KOL value = -150 }
command = { type = relation which = BAY value = -150 }
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -150 }
command = { type = relation which = SPA value = -150 }
command = { type = relation which = HAB value = -150 }
command = { type = stability value = -1 }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3754B" #March on Warsaw!
command = { type = casusbelli which = POL value = 60 }
command = { type = addcore which = 301 } #Danzig
command = { type = addcore which = 289 } #Memel
command = { type = relation which = HOL value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = DAN value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = BRA value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = HAN value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = HES value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = PFA value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = SAC value = -50 }
#command = { type = relation which = THU value = -50 } #Bayreuth
command = { type = relation which = SHL value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = HAB value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = POL value = -150 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 12062 } #FRA: French Encirclement by the Habsburgs
}
}

Comments?

The Corsair

Ok, it seems that I was totally in my own little dimension about early Danish/Norwegian colonization of Greenland.:confused: Dunno what I was thinking, but, upon re-review of 25100 and its Norwegian equivalent, I think that the trigger for it ought to be changed to knowledge of 1537 and 1538 rather than ownership. And forget about any cores before Egede arrives in 25102; they should be added to that event.

So no early colonists or AI changes.
Ok for the discovered conditions (instead of owned) in the trigger of 25100 and the Norwegian equivalent but "Claim sovereignty over Greenland" in action_a doesn't make sense without granted cores.

[be gentle--the first event I’ve ever fooled with]
Don't worry but better use red for removed stuffs (commands and texts) and yellow for added/modified ones. It makes your proposal easier to read, especially for the identification of the proposed changes.

Comments?
Why not (waiting for other comments), but granting cores is an important feature. You have to check if they shouldn't be removed at some point (existing event or not). And we may have some existing events that could already grant them. Check addcore and removecore commands in the Swedish events file.

Comments?
The Corsair

Your event is meant to replace the original event?

If so then it should not only trigger if HAB/Austria controls the german coast. BAY/Bajuvaria was during the 30years-war closely allied to Austria and catholic BAY control of the german coast should trigger swedish response as much as catholic austrian control.

And the event should still fire if Austria/HAB issues the edict in event HAB 3196 regardless if HAB controls the german coast so the condition that HAB 3196 has fired should be in the OR condition as well.

Edit: On second thought - control should not be checked at all. Consider this: Mecklenburg is a protestant minor and Austria controls it´s province but it is still owned by Mecklenburg - in that case your event would grant Sweden a core on Mecklenburg. On whom would protestant Sweden declare war - likely on Mecklenburg who it is supposed to protect but the shared core would constantly lower relations. Is that desirable?
Perhaps better to check for ownership of the province. If Austria or Bajuvaria actually OWN the german coast then Sweden should declare war.

Last edited:
Ok for the discovered conditions (instead of owned) in the trigger of 25100 and the Norwegian equivalent but "Claim sovereignty over Greenland" in action_a doesn't make sense without granted cores.
The whole event text doesn't make sense without the cores. I'll have to think a bit and try and come up with some new text.

osterbotten capital at the start of 1419GC is korsholm
In 1606 it was changed to Vaasa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korsholm

change or no change , i leave it to you.........if we leave it , we must still change the current vasa to VAASA

as regards to a previous post that said many provinces for sweden where not a colony or better, i found only 3 (as per current AGCEEP map) , they are lapland, vasterbotten and osterbotten, the other province already had towns as well as COA

Lapland is already a colony 1 , but vaster and oster botten are cities, IF we make them colonies, AI sweden will never colonise them as their first AI file has an expansion number set as zero.

options are...........leave sweden as is

2. make lapland colony 2, vasterbotten colony 8 and osterbotten colony 7. AI file will remain as is and then by normal 7% growth, vasterbotten will become a city around 1450 (historical) and osterbotten a city in the early 16th century ( historical) and lapland a city around 1650 ( historical) ....BUT the next SWE ai file has an expansion of 1 so, the remaining provinces will be made cities earlier than expected...........no problem for me if it happens this way

3. make lapland, vaster and oster bottens all colony 1 level and cahnge SWE ai file to have expansion number set at 1. Sweden will then colonize these provinces ASAP..............the only issue is that SWE might colonise some place in west africa IF they have a chance to "see" the area

thoughts?

What's the AGCEEP stance on names of cities?

AFAIK the majority language of Vaasa was Swedish until the first decades of the 20th century and the beauraucratic language was Swedish as long as Finland was part of the country, so the name of the city should be Wasa...?

What's the AGCEEP stance on names of cities?

AFAIK the majority language of Vaasa was Swedish until the first decades of the 20th century and the beauraucratic language was Swedish as long as Finland was part of the country, so the name of the city should be Wasa...?

I saw WASA as well as VAASA....i thought they where the same
Korsholm is also the swedish name for the area prior to name change in 1606.......as i said earlier....i will take either

But, I never seen data on WASA as a city, but have seen it on VAASA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaasa

As for language ...........making ostenbotten Scandinavian culture is no issue for me

Well Vaasa is the Finnish (and presumably English) name of the city. Wasa (older spelling) or Vasa (newer spelling) is the Swedish name for the city. As I said it depends on whether the AGCEEP would use contemporary names or not. :)

Option 2 seems fine to me.

For Korsholm, change is ok and it will be Vaasa at start of the 1648 scenario.

If agreed , ie option 2, then below are the changes

Code:
country = {
	tag = SWE
	ai = "SWE_1419_Union.ai"
	colonialattempts = 0
	colonialnation = no
	major = no
	colonists = 0
	cancelledloans = 0
	extendedloans = 0
	treasury = 200
	inflation = 0
	merchants = 2.083333
	religion = { type = catholic }
	culture = {
		type = scandinavian
		type = ugric
	}
	diplomacy = {
		relation = { tag = NVG value = 105 }
		relation = { tag = DAN value = 170 }
		relation = { tag = MOS value = 105 }
		relation = { tag = NOR value = 85 }
		relation = { tag = POL value = 45 }
	}
	knownprovinces = {
		1614 #Pope
		231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252
		253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274
		275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296
		297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318
		319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340
		341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362
		363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384
		385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406
		407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428
		429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450
		451 452 453 454 455 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 474 475 476 477
		478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 490 491 492 493 494 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739
		740 741 742 744 745 746 806 819 820 821 836 837 838 839 840 841 868 869 870 871 872 873
		874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931
		932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992
		993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011
		1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1057 1058 1331 1361 1362 1466 1469 1470 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613
	}
	ownedprovinces = {
		252 253 254 257 260 263 264 265 273 341 342 1469
	}
	controlledprovinces = {
	}
	nationalprovinces = {
	}
	city = {
		fortress = { level = 1 }
		population = 7000
		location = 254
		capital = yes
	}
	city = {
		fortress = { level = 1 }
		population = 1000
		location = 273
	}
	city = {
		fortress = { level = 1 }
		population = 4000
		location = 253
	}
	city = {
		fortress = { level = 1 }
		population = 3000
		location = 257
	}
	city = {
		fortress = { level = 1 }
		population = 4000
		location = 252
	}
	city = {
		fortress = { level = 1 }
		population = [COLOR="Yellow"]700[/COLOR]
		location = 263
	}
	city = {
		fortress = { level = 1 }
		population = [COLOR="Yellow"]800[/COLOR]
		location = 341
	}
	city = {
		fortress = { level = 1 }
		population = 4000
		location = 342
	}
	city = {
		fortress = { level = 1 }
		population = 2000
		location = 1469
	}
	city = {
		fortress = { level = 1 }
		population = 1300
		location = 264
	}
	city = {
		fortress = { level = 1 }
		population = 3000
		location = 265
	}
	city = {
		fortress = { level = 1 }
		population = 100
		location = 260
	}
	landunit = {
		id = { type = 9423 id = 532 }
		name = "Svea Lifgarde"
		location = 254
		infantry = 5000
		cavalry = 3000
		artillery = 0
	}
	landunit = {
		id = { type = 9423 id = 535 }
		name = "Nylands Brigad"
		location = 265
		infantry = 5000
		cavalry = 1000
		artillery = 0
	}
	landunit = {
		id = { type = 9423 id = 538 }
		name = "Göta Lifgarde"
		location = 253
		infantry = 5000
		cavalry = 1000
		artillery = 0
	}
	navalunit = {
		id = { type = 9423 id = 540 }
		name = "Skärgårdsflottan"
		location = 254
		warships = 10
		galleys = 0
		transports = 5
	}
	technology = {
		stability = { level = 0 value = 42 }
		infra = { level = 0 value = 50 }
		trade = { level = 1 value = 0 }
		land = { level = 0 value = 150 }
		naval = { level = 0 value = 200 }
	}
}

Well Vaasa is the Finnish (and presumably English) name of the city. Wasa (older spelling) or Vasa (newer spelling) is the Swedish name for the city. As I said it depends on whether the AGCEEP would use contemporary names or not. :)
For the main city of a province, we use the location that was the most important at this time. The name is the one that was used at this time too.

In this case better use Wasa for 1648 setup and Korsholm before, right?

Last edited:
For the main city of a province, we use the location that was the most important at this time. The name is the one that was used at this time too.

In this case better use Wasa for 1648 setup and Korsholm before, right?

fine with me

and culture????

and culture????
No idea...

Question is Scandinavian or Ugric. There is no consequence for the FIN revolter but, if set to Scandinavian at start, shouldn't culture turn to Ugric at some point?