• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anyone else worrying about Wacht-am-Volga, the final German offensive to keep the Allies out of Russia? :p

LOL

Monty's plan to capture the bridges over the Danube proved to be a bridge too far..

September 1949, der Fuhrer thinks better of it and does the whole world a mighty favor by commiting suicide in his bunker in Vladivostok.

:D

CBS World News - August 18th, 1947

August 18th, 1947

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight, the latest events as broadcasted from London."

"This is London. Victorious Allied armies continue to advance towards the Mediterranean coast. American forces took the Vichy government's capital of Vichy on August 9th. American spearheads have taken Reims, which is only 100 kilometers from the German border. However, German resistance is beginning to increase. Rommel has been reorganizing his forces around the French city of Dijon, on the American southern flank. In Troyes, Allied units have encountered fierce resistance as the beleagured Germans attempt to hold out. In southern France, the areas around the Mediterranean port of Marseille has become a rallying point for the retreating Vichy and German units. As American divisions crossed the former French-Belgian border, German troops took the initiative and counter attacked, overrunning the Allied positions. German radio continues to negate the effects of the Allied advance, and says it '..is only time before we send them back to the sea.."

ScreenSave161.jpg

ScreenSave162.jpg

ScreenSave164.jpg

ScreenSave165.jpg

**Sorry for the smaller updates. I feel it is just better for smaller updates during the advance, to cover as much detail as possible. To counter the short posts, I've been posting more frequent updates.**

Last edited:
Wow. Just wow. Read up on this today. Goddamn you all are incredible.

Wow. Just wow. Read up on this today. Goddamn you all are incredible.
I love this aar, been reading all along. I friend of me and I will start a DAIM multiplayer (UK-USSR) just for this one! :) How is the trade efficiency going? Are your supplies reaching Britain/France?

Are there any modifications you did to the game, other than DAIM?

This looks interesting. It will be winter soon, so maybe there will be an Ardennes Offensive in the winter 47-48. ;)

Well, the Germans seem to be getting their act together quickly. Resistance is increasing in Vichy France, and planes show alot of troop moments towards my front. My convoy situation is alright, German fleet still under repairs I guess. The German U-boats seem to be concentrated around Gibraltar for some reason. However, I undershot how many convoys I needed. I am only able to keep everyone supplied till 22:00 each day :(

Last edited:
CBS World News - September 21st, 1947

September 21st, 1947

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight, the latest events as broadcasted from London."

"This is London. Over the course of August and early September, Allied forces continued their advance towards Germany. The French cities of Lille and Ghent were taken as American forces advanced into the Belgian city of Ghent. Further central, Chaumont was taken as American units prepared to assault the Dijon bulge. However, these successes were dulled by a grand offensive by the German armies in mid-September. On September 12th, the city of Ghent was shattered by artillery fire as the Germans opened up their offensive. The Allied retreat turned into chaos as German mechanized forces poured out from the Belgian forests. The Germans continued their seemingly unstoppable push, overrunning Lille and Dunkerque and retaking Calais. With the front only 150 kilometers from the main American supply dumps and Paris, reinforcements were immediately turned to halt the German spearheads. However, the Germans anticipated this action. On September 17th, German divisions assaulted the Americans stationed at Reime with heavy air support, including many of Germany's new jet fighters, the Me-262. Chaumont fell shortly after this, causing panic in the Allied command. To coincide with the offsneive, German special force raiding Allied airbases in western France, destroying several thousand British aircraft stationed in the Cholet airfields."

"The Allied front stabilized some 140 kilometers from Paris in most directions. In southern France, British units pushed through the French vineyards with relative ease. Resistance there has been light, and British and American units in the south have begin their siege of the Mediterranean port of Marseille. Ango-American."

"Despite the successes in Europe, there are backdoor rumors about the continuation of the war. Since the day the Normandy landings started, roughly 400,000 American lives have been lost, and several more injured. British casualties have ranged in at about 78,000 for the same time frame."

"London continues to put pressure on the Spanish government for their entry into the war for the Allies cause. However, the Spanish have voiced strong opposition, saying that they are being asked only because '...the British and American forces are tired of losing their own..."

ScreenSave168.jpg

ScreenSave171.jpg

ScreenSave172.jpg

ScreenSave174.jpg

ScreenSave175.jpg

**As the screenshot says 'I am going to build aton of armor and mechanized over the winter'...I never do. Instead, as casualties mount I build 30 carriers instead. At the moment, reinforcements, upgrades and supplies are consuming all available IC**

Last edited:
German armor pouring out of the Belgian forests! That ís a Wacht am Rein! Well, a Wacht am Meuse, but still! Together with coordinated attacks in eastern France.. These counterattacks pretty much stalled your offensives and resulted in you having no real gains between mid august and mid september. Jeez. This aint an AI you are fighting, this is Lucifer in code!

:eek: :mad:

You need a Market Garden to get to Berlin by Christmas. One that works, mind you.. :D

Swiss troops in the Ardennes?! Looks like they decided to abandon their long neutrality. :D

Looks like manpower is certainly the biggest problem. Your one advantage is the fact Germany will run out before you. Set up a defensive line and bleed them dry!

Ouch. Could you halt over the winter, recover your forces and advance in the spring?

CBS World News - November 5th, 1947

November 5th, 1947

CBS World News

"This is London. Anglo-American forces in France have resumed their attacks after the German counter offensive early last month. After failing to seize the French city of Marseille on the 7th, a renewed attack took the city 17th after a couple days of heavy fighting. This signaled the collapse of the Vichy regime, and all Vichy divisions laid down their arms that afternoon. This will undoubtedly have an effect on German moral as the Allies continue to advance. There has been intense fighting as American units began to move into Belgium once again. Carefully places positions cover most of the main roads, and armor has become useless. However, the lack of German aircover over this region makes such positions easy to spot by Allied aircraft."

"Just west of German borders, American units have retaken Chaumont, Riems and Ghent after the Germans took in in last month's offensive. The heavy fighting around these cities have laid waste to many villages and towns. The constant fighting for Riems has left much of the city in ruins, and most citizens have fled the town. It is a mere collection of shelled out buildings and pocket marked streets."

"After September's victories over advancing German forces, the Spanish government has been opening dialogue with the British and American governments about their possible entry into the war....."

**Spy update on Germany**
455 Infantry Divisions
52 Armored Divisions
5 Fighter Squadrons
6 Bombers Squadrons

9 Battleships
20 Carriers
3 Battlecruisers
65 Smaller Ships

ScreenSave176.jpg

ScreenSave177.jpg

ScreenSave178.jpg

ScreenSave184.jpg

ScreenSave185.jpg

ScreenSave186.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, after winter you can push to Berlin. :cool:

30 carriers built... *drool*. And Germany even has 20 of their own! Man, I've played 2 DAIM games and they never went that much overboard!

Yeah, if it continues for three more years because he still has 722 MP. :D ...But hopefully you will liberate Berlin next year and show that evil AI that they can't beat humans in HoI... at least not yet. :rofl: