• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Haitian Refugees

Did anyone notice my Haitian fortress event above, which I've edited to make AI-only?

Code:
#(1804-9) Refugees from Haiti
event = {
	id = 338494
	trigger = {
		NOT = { provincereligion = { province = 45 data = pagan } } #not a TP
		event = 12130 #FRA: Francois Dominique Toussaint Louverture
		OR = {		
			owned = { province = 141 data = FRA } #Les Cayes
			exists = HAI
		}
	}
	random = no
	province = 45 #Bayou
	name = "EVENTNAME338494" #Refugees from Haiti
	desc = "EVENTHIST338494"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1804 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1809 }

action_a = {
		name = "GREAT"
		command = { type = population which = 45 value = 2000 } #Bayou
		command = { type = provincetax which = 45 value = 1 } #Bayou
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = 45 value = 1 } #Bayou
	}
}
EVENTNAME338494;Refugees from Haiti;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST338494;The Haitian Revolution of 1804 established the second republic in the Western Hemisphere and the first led by blacks. Haitian refugees both white and free people of color (affranchis) arrived in New Orleans, often bringing slaves with them. While the American Governor Claiborne and other officials wanted to keep out more free black men, French Creoles wanted to increase the French-speaking population. As more refugees were allowed in Louisiana, Haitian émigrés who had gone to Cuba also arrived. Nearly 90 percent of the new immigrants settled in New Orleans. The 1809 migration brought 2,731 whites, 3,102 free persons of African descent, and 3,226 enslaved refugees to the city, doubling its French-speaking population.;;;;;;;;;;

I'm thinking that this event should probably change culture back to French and religion to Catholic in case somebody's managed to convert it to anything else. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Did anyone notice my Haitian fortress event above, which I've edited to make AI-only?
oups... must have been forgotten since more than a year.

Shouldn't new Refugees from Haiti provincespec event be for province Bayou (45) instead of Les Cayes (141)?
Province shouldn't be a TP for such population growth.

No ";" in descriptions...

Last edited:
oups... must have been forgotten since more than a year.

Shouldn't new Refugees from Haiti provincespec event be for province Bayou (45) instead of Les Cayes (141)?
Province shouldn't be a TP for such population growth.

No ";" in descriptions...

My turn for an oops, I'd originally had one combined event decreasing stuff in Les Cayes and adding them in Bayou, but decided to split them. Will fix that and the text that I'd copied from Wiki.

Any thoughts about changing province culture and religion?